Companion Fembots?

I figured that this seems to be the most relevant board for this topic, if it isn't then I'm a faggot and I apologize

So from what I understand Realdoll will be releasing the first actual companion robots some time this year. They say it can hold conversation, move and interact with you. I'm curious if this is something that will actually take off or if we aren't advanced enough in this field? I find this very interesting and have been following it's progress for awhile.

Also I guess general robotics could be discussed here as well

www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/realdoll-sex-robot-ai/

www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/02/06/realdoll-creating-artificial-intelligence-system-robotic-sex-dolls/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/4vPvm
archive.is/WUtl9
github.com/qdot/deldo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here are the archived pages

archive.is/4vPvm

archive.is/WUtl9

Gno.

How sad do you have to be to actually buy one of these?

Calm down unibomber

Women/cuck detected

Pleb

I can't imagine whoever would put a botnet on these would get any useful information. I'd feel bad for the FBI agent who has to watch all the videos collected though.

permavirgin detected

it's all automated

Why does the idea of guys fucking robots scare you so much? is it because more and more men will realize your loose cunt is overvalued?

I still don't see much of a point in it, I can see wanting bank/credit info, maybe blackmail purposes? Government looking for dissidents?

As pathetic as I am, it wouldn't really do the 'companion' bit for me. Then there's the whole uncanny valley aspect when robots do get to a point where it's actually conpanionship comparable to actual humans.

I mean, if you just want to fuck an inantimate object, go right on ahead. But companionship is much more than that. Flaws and all.

But, anyways, as for the technology aspect, they're not much more impressive than ELIZA.

When even Google's botnet doesn't understand anything more than factoid queries yet fails to understand the overall context of a "turn on this television show" in a non-approved manner, it's nothing really impressive. Intelligent, but specialized. Barely an insect.

Have we confirmed whether or not it can pass the Voigt-Kampff test yet?

I think it's more of a walking fuckdoll that you can make small talk/pillow talk with. That's good enough for me

I think as long as it can provide a somewhat convincing illusion of intelligence it could end up being popular

I doubt the ones available to non richfags will, but I've seen some videos of robots that look pretty damn convincing

So like most women. Except these will never get PMS or fuck your best friend behind your back.

Neither will a bipedal fleshlight with a google home strapped to it, which satisfies all those requirements.
That's not companionship, though.

Pretty much, you can also change the appearance whenever you get bored of the current one. I think they will also include multiple different personalities to choose from as well.

What do you consider "companionship"? Every girl I've dated has been boring as fuck, worse than talking to a chatbot.

Then you've never experienced companionship. There's a dictionary, use it.

sad

A robot can easily provide such things

Go back to kikebook Kylie

very

First of all, you can experience companionship, and anthropomorphize with a robot, sure.

We're talking about companionship in the context of interpersonal relationships, call it romantic interpersonal relationships if you wish. Same shit can pretty much apply to a dog or cat, even with the communication barriers. It has a sembalence of cognition, can understand actions I take and attempts to communicate with it, and it forms the basis of a personal relationship or disregard them (commonly in the case of the cat).

Could you love a robot? Sure. I could also love a car. You can't have a complex interpersonal relationship with the car, much in the same way that you can't with google home.

Combine this with artificial wombs, and Japan will have solved its birthrate problem.

Armitage III here we come.

A robot could very well be programmed to simulate those feelings though, right now they'd probably be rather simple but I can foresee in the near future (5-10 years) the AI will have enough learning capabilities that it could provide the same experience. Romantic love is just a forced meme, so it's not like it would matter if the robot has feelings or not.

We are going to need them in the west too, although the government is pushing for subhuman replacement instead. If said replacement is stopped, birth rates will still be in the gutter because feminism and their pet manginas will still be far too prevelant. There has already been a small push to get these banned because the hambeasts and friends are worried no one will put up with their shit anymore besides the biggest of cucks

It's not really about romance, and such feelings are ultimately chemical imbalances heaved upon us by natural selection.
Again, the question is really 'how shallow do you want your definition of companionship to be?'

I'd say that in many cirsumstances you can find a better companion in a socialized animal than a human, but it has nothing to do with emotions and everything to do with interactions and understanding.

The "AI" is not there. Not even with all of the cool and hip rediscovery and applications of NTMs.

That's not to say machine-man interaction is not interesting, we're probably just another machine, as far as the threshold goes it's not there, and won't be for quite a while.

And by probably I mean "certainly." Just in the biological sense. Dunno how I got "probably" out of that.

Good thing we got that fukushima going to curb japs from breeding

how the fuck did society get to a state where people like that can make demands like that. fembots MUST happen within my lifetime

Ha. Pic made me

yeah, losers gotta get laid somehow

We will have to see how effective it is in that regard, for me personally as long as It's somewhat convincing in it's personality I'd be fine and you can get companionship from friends anyways if the robot doesn't completely satisfy you in that regard. Until I actually see/interact with one in person I can't really say. These robots are at least a start in that direction.

I think they need to make some look more like robots for the time being until they can mimic human facial expressions at an affordable price.

As usual, free software is years ahead of the competition.

github.com/qdot/deldo

What use is the software without the hardware? Still interesting though

Life's not all about sex, user. Get a hobby.

Or do you mean hobbies that you like?

wtf i hate emacs now

From an evolutionary perspective, life is ONLY about sex.

Living in the (((West))) level sad.

So just like a real-world 3DPD?

No, it isn't. Reproduction has to happen at some point for evolutionary success, but it's no more important than living long enough to reproduce. Even if you never have sex you may contribute to the evolutionary fitness of your genes by helping close relatives.

It's currently the best option, unless you enjoy being raped by the (((state)))