No prospects, why shouldn't I kill myself

Hello. I'm going to graduate soon, hopefully, if I can actually finish the work, but what's the point in anything? I have depression and ADHD, it seems like I have no fucking hope of getting a job. Even if I was a self reliant little worker bee it wouldn't be a great outlook so what chance do I have? And even though I know that's not really my fault it still makes me feel worthless and everything seem pointless. All I do all say is try to distract myself from real life with vidja and so on.

I just can't stand the thought of having to try 'sell myself' to porky fucks or listen to one more speech about 'just start your own business or go back to school :^), if you fail you deserve it'

So I guess what I'm asking is, how is it I can't seem to escape the trap of capitalist ideology even when I understand how it works. I still feel like a useless parasite regardless.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ie5zO-mF31M
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/anonymous-at-daggers-drawn-with-the-existent-its-defenders-and-its-false-critics#toc9
youtube.com/watch?v=FWWCiZ0lLOo
youtube.com/watch?v=XyY7Yvx2PYA
youtube.com/watch?v=c0cxrA3dTv4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And before someone says, dedicate yourself to the struggle, I'm too lazy/ADHD to actually put effort into anything, I've tried volunteering and so on but just always end up not seeing it through more than a few weeks.

Educate yourself

Learn

Love

And work

There is nothing humiliating or demeaning about work, work is the state of mankind as worker and producer, if you haven't worked yet, you will never be able to relate to society and it's struggles.

Sure you will be exploited and alienated, but who isn't? We all are but we sit back and take it, while we also try to find a way out. Plus, some alienation is good, as it gives you some space of distance from the furor of modern life, and will give you pause for reflection.

Staying a Neet will only fuel your depression more, and suicide is a cowards way out, don't do it.

You should.

in other words, "just b urself"

thank you for your sage advice user

I would honestly work stacking boxes if it paid enough to live but I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to get a job with all the black marks on my education record let alone keep one without getting fired for gross incompetence.

I just can't get myself enthused to try to 'sell myself' when I've done nothing of note and I find the whole thing disgusting.

My boyfriend is unhappy because he's going to uni next year and I'm going with him but I don't know what I want to do. I could do a postgrad and probably fail and get in more debt, or look for work and likely be a neet.

You're not alone, OP. Everyone feels the same way at some point. Some people haven't stopped feeling that way. Everyone feels alienated, everyone indulges in escapism. This kind of silent but deep-rooted dissatisfaction with life is what ties you to the rest of humanity and the world. Sometimes its inevitable, but ultimately suffering is a state of mind. You may not be able to change your material conditions right now, but you can change your outlook and response to your conditions. Recognize that these feelings of hopelessness are practically universal, and pursue things you enjoy outside of politics. Take pleasure in the little things life has to offer.
Besides, feeling worthless is a value judgement, it doesn't really exist outside of human conceptions.

That's not what I said, no one is "themselves".

But if you try to do something different you will escape your routine, learn different things, meat different people and most of importantly be active as a producer.

Everyone is meant to be a producer of something, people who don't are either rich bourgie decadent fucks, or lumpenproles. I have even noticed from my father who was recently retired that he is bored and doesn't know what to do with his free time. People aren't meant to be lazy or to struggle for scraps (the other extreme end).

What if I am a lumpenprole by nature? I honestly try but I find making an effort so hard.

Find an easy job that doesn't require a lot of thinking. It will be boring and repetitive but you will at least earn a living.

Honestly I understand why so many people feel disillusioned, but doing things one doesn't like is the painful passage to adulthood.

Watch this.
youtu.be/Ie5zO-mF31M

Hardly anyone is "enthused" about working. But everyone has to do it in order to live. Your work isn't your life. It's a means to live a comfortable life. Work isn't meant to be enjoyable or fulfilling, but it buys you the ability to pursue things that are.

You mean accepting everything is fucked and you will never be happy?

Your own happiness isn't really dependent on whether or not everything outside of you is fucked.

happiness is a meme, the drive to be constantly happy only fuels our alienation and anxiety, leading us to even greater consumerist mania and identification with private property.

It's all about love and experiences, and struggle of course. Life is struggle.

Lafargists plz go, "He who does not work, neither shall he eat"

Life cannot simply be something to cling to. This thought skims through everyone at least once. We have a possibility that makes us freer than the gods: we can quit. This is an idea to be savoured to the end. Nothing and no one is obliging us to live. Not even death. For that reason our life is a tabula rasa, a slate on which nothing has been written, so contains all the words possible. With such freedom, we cannot live as slaves. Slavery is for those who are condemned to live, those constrained to eternity, not for us. For us there is the unknown—the unknown of spheres to be ventured into, unexplored thoughts, guarantees that explode, strangers to whom to offer a gift of life. The unknown of a world where one might finally be able to give away one’s excess self love. Risk too. The risk of brutality and fear. The risk of finally staring mal de vivre in the face. All this is encountered by anyone who decides to put an end to the job of existing.

Our contemporaries seem to live by jobbing, desperately juggling with a thousand obligations including the saddest of all of them—enjoying themselves. They cover up the incapacity to determine their own lives with detailed frenetic activity, the speed that accompanies increasingly passive ways of behaving. They are unaware of the lightness of the negative.

We can choose not to live. That is the most beautiful reason for opening oneself up to life with joy. ‘There is always time to put an end to things; one might as well rebel and play’—is how the materialism of joy talks.

We can choose not to act, and that is the most beautiful reason for acting. We bear within ourselves the potency of all the acts we are capable of, and no boss will ever be able to deprive us of the possibility of saying no. What we are and what we want begins with a no. From it is born the only reason for getting up in the morning. From it is born the only reason for going armed to the assault of an order that is suffocating us.

On the one hand there is the existent, with its habits and certainties. And of certainty, that social poison, one can die.

On the other hand there is insurrection, the unknown bursting into the life of all. The possible beginning of an exaggerated practice of freedom.

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/anonymous-at-daggers-drawn-with-the-existent-its-defenders-and-its-false-critics#toc9

You need a third pill.

I googled it to be sure.
"Lumpenproletariat is a term that was originally coined by Karl Marx to describe the layer of the working class that is unlikely ever to achieve class consciousness and is therefore lost to socially useful production, of no use to the revolutionary struggle, and perhaps even an impediment to the realization of a classless society"

BEING UNEMPLOYED DOES NOT MAKE YOU LUMPEN!

Unemployment is the basic threat capitalism uses to exploit the workers more and more.
It is a basic and essential feature of the system.

To say "those that don't work, under capitalism, are parasites and so on" is the worst BS. The only parasites are the capitalists tha force some of us to work more than we need to and others to not work at all.

AND ALL FOR THEIR PROFIT!

DSBM thread?
youtube.com/watch?v=FWWCiZ0lLOo

no

youtube.com/watch?v=XyY7Yvx2PYA
youtube.com/watch?v=c0cxrA3dTv4