Google is at it again: Software that recognizes "trolling"

http:// www.independent.ie/business/technology/how-about-a-new-perspectivegoogle-to-help-publishers-find-malicious-comments-on-articles-35476274.html

>The technology, called Perspective, will review comments and score them based on how similar they are to comments people said were "toxic" or likely to make them leave a conversation.

"News organizations want to encourage engagement and discussion around their content, but find that sorting through millions of comments to find those that are trolling or abusive takes a lot of money, labor, and time. As a result, many sites have shut down comments altogether," Jared Cohen, President of Jigsaw, which is part of Alphabet, wrote in a blog post.

Can't make that shit up...

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/24/google-ideas-invite-online-harassers-talk-online-harassment/
jigsaw.google.com/projects/#unfiltered-news
jigsaw.google.com/projects/#project-shield
jigsaw.google.com/challenges/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jigsaw used to be called Google Ideas. Pretty much their official SJW wing. breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/24/google-ideas-invite-online-harassers-talk-online-harassment/

That fag on the far left sure is a slimy merchant. I bet the whole lot of them are of merchant stock.

The comment sections already to shadowbanning. They don't want you to know anything that they don't want you to know. Now watch some more football and the katest episode of The Walking Dead like a good goy.

You should have listened to pol, with jews you lose.

How would they differentiate pretending to be retarded from actual retards?

what's with the retards breaking links or spoilering parts of it

The fuck are you quoting?

Sorry, I have a three digit IQ

You mean that shit will actually be integrated into other sites? That's terrible then.

I hate Googles and Skypes so Allah-damned much!

its Holla Forums tier paranoia
it just makes me not click on the link but good for them.

you have to go back

That's pretty much the point.

So let me get this straight: they are going to be automatically censoring everybody that is not "nice", that complains and criticizes?

No, but by all means please continue with your persecution complex. It's hilarious.

They can, at the very least, get an index that sorts comments and other texts by how "toxic" they are to make it easier to censor stuff. No need to actually read through a comment section or conversation then.

Well, shit, we'll have to find another outlet for our alienation then, I guess we'll have to venture outside of the Internet bubbles and finally do some real damage in the real world for once instead of being eternally trapped in their echo chambers.
They know people who "troll" won't simply disappear, right? Well, I guess if you're a dumb bourgeois hysteric then that's how the world works for you, but censoring people doesn't actually make those people cease to exist.

In 20 years, people will wonder how they got so enslaved. And the answer would be that technologies like this one were not opposed.

That is, if they even realize they are living in slavery.

We area already living in slavery, my dumb fellow slave. The fact that they distract us from revolt with useless candy doesn't change that.

Sites with analytics suites installed (i.e. all of them) can see where their traffic is coming from. Spoilering part of the link requires you to copy and paste the URL, removing the referrer information. It's because they don't want siterunners to know that Holla Forums is looking at their stuff.

Now, with Breitbart, that may be tinfoil hattery, but it's not a bad practice to use here.

Yes. Look at the people in .

.20 shekels have been deposited into your account

Yeah I know, but it wlil be worse when advanced technology is applied.

That they will only censor "shitposts" is just your slave assumption.

The word is entirely inapplicable in this discussion. As corporations, Google and online publishers are free to delete anything posted to their platforms. Don't like it? Use another platform.

Stop being autistic on purpose. You know very well the political implications of tech giants' walled gardens dictating what is "politically correct". These corps have now more power than whole governments and represent the status quo. Sure, I can go elsewhere and scream into the void, but people that need the message to be heard are behind those walled gardens because everybody else is.

By this they mean mainstream media that spreads fake news? If receiving unpleasant comments is equal to "shutting you up", what is then actually removing your comments to the article? These people act like they're some kind of innocent victims in all this.

back to reddit with you

Freedom of the press only exists for people who can afford one.

Well, that's your fucking problem. The right-wing have historically been full of 'durr let da merket decide' autists for decades now. This is simply the logical conclusion.

I know you're a conformist though, which is truly disgusting.

You're siding with Google, how do you think that makes you look?

The right-wingers you're referring to are called Neocohens for a reason.

And you act like this is a new thing in shitlibland.

I love how this thread devolved into name calling like every other important thread about internet freedom. Almost like it's by design to derail any real discussion wouldn't you say?

Who should we blame? Holla Forums, Holla Forums, Holla Forums, reddit, AI shit posting bots? The options are limitless!

All the while all those in positions of power are vying to keep the Ministry of Truth the authority on what is and isn't fake news. No matter who is eventually put in charge we're fucked. We've been screwed for years now, it's going to lead to violence in the street. That's by design too.

How come among all my normalfag friends I'm the only one that can see this. As a species we've done this countless times before. There is a major power shift happening behind the scenes right now and we have more people to feed than ever before. The money is going to become useless, the masses are going to starve, the herd is going to be culled world wide. I hope you're willing to pick up a shovel or a rifle user. I'm not particularly worried, I have my land, I plan to farm and defend it, I will be shitposting on the meshnet every day.

My normalfag friends are starting to wake up and they all had the same plan of action. If things get bad they told me.

When I mentioned that they'd be put to work I got stunned looks. Like I'm going to feed them for free or have the resources just stocked up for all these families. I have enough for my family plus 2 or 3 young men (friends) that I can trust. Anyone else is going to pull their own weight. The idea of work just seemed foreign to them all together. That's why I'm going to make it and they won't.

wew lad, 10/10

I can help with that!

1. anything that belittles white people
2. any conspiracy theory against whites such as "white privilege" or "patriarchy"

I could add more but that's a start.

this had better be bait niggerfaggotkike

What's with newfags telling people to go back?

What's with newfags calling newfags newfags?

wew

so nouns are toxic now?

wew

jigsaw.google.com/projects/#unfiltered-news
jigsaw.google.com/projects/#project-shield
This is too ironic.

This will backfire so fucking hard. Just try out some common words that have negative connotations, they are considered "toxic". The result of this is that any critique will be down-rated by the algorithm, no matter what is the actual content of the critique. So conformists complaining about some dumb shit will be down-rated as well.

So far you've played semantics and constructed an epic strawman, but I'm not seeing any arguments. If you honestly think the free software autists of Holla Forums care more about muh free market than actual personal freedoms then you are not from here.

the fact it's http:// not https://

jigsaw.google.com/challenges/

wew lad

that explains it, Holla Forums requires a minimum 4 digit iq for admittance. can't play 1488D chess without it.

The people making this are far smarter than you and things like that will be accounted for.

It's okay, you'll still have your safe zone at Holla Forums

perkele

You're just letting these niggas fine tune their shit, stop

It just searches for "negative" words. Like stop, kill, below, etc

Good thing that I tend to use positive words, like "niggerfaggot".

the most cancerous meme

what is cognitive dissonance?

exactly

See, this is why redpilling normies is so hard

Sarkeesian, Randy Harper, Zoe Quinn in the middle there?

wew lad

looks like affirmative action is working out for you guys

You guys just have to fool it. It's not hard.

You know what this "fake news" trend reminds me of? The "grassy knoll."

They said it was unusual and specific language to measure and see how far the specific narrative would go. Was an old propaganda tactic to measure effectiveness without losing the original source for the narrative. Maybe I'm just crazy but I never really remember hearing of anyone using fake news in the context it's getting used in now since this recent election cycle.

Holla Forums is against the CIA and NSA so they're friends to me.

Umm. Stay away from sci. Fi. Books or conspiracy sites. Of course shit around the world will happen but there isn't gonna be some sort of apocalypse.just small scale stuff unless you live in a mid east country.

someone should put huckleberry fin into it

who needs context

So they've recognized the limitations of traditional moderators when it comes to today's sites with massive populations and want to make AI moderators, or at least an AI assistant for moderators to better do their job? Given all the other advances in machine learning this doesn't surprise me at all. What does surprise me is how everyone else seems surprised at the idea of moderators actually being effective again and seems to think it's the end of the world. It's like all you faggots didn't start using the internet before social media started taking off.

You do know that this can be fixed by installing a simple browser addon instead of breaking links, don't you? Ah hell, most people here probably don't know that because Holla Forums is just full of LARPing retards.

Of course it's propaganda. Their candidate didn't win, they didn't win the referendum in Britain, so now they suddenly came up with this idea that any non-sympathetic medium is "fake news", that "fake news" are the main enemy of humanity, and of course with strong implications that they themselves are "the real news" that will save us all, so we all need to buy their shit. As if "fake news" isn't a completely normal thing since the appearance of mass media, and as if they are not as much the producers of it.
But the point is to turn their newspeak against them and undermine their intentions.

so this... is the power... of Google's artificial """"""""""""intelligence""""""""""""

No wonder my search results and YouTube recommendations are such shite

The tree of pajeets is finally bearing fruit.

You won't fix newfags, user. At least not fast enough.

Then let them get datamined. Why hold their hands?

It is us who get put in the spotlight if they leak referers you massively retarded homosexual niggerfaggot.

Then we shall all burn!!!2@@@@11@@1!

:^)

You have to go back.
>>>/reddit/