Malware thread

I need to write a presentation about malware for an assignment in one of my college classes
Should I write about Windows 10?

Tell your class that everything is a fucking botnet.
Everything sucks.
It's all shit.
Even the open source is shit, because it is at the whim of the developers short attention span.
Proprietary solutions are often better, but run by greedy fucking jew kikes.
Proprietary software companies should release the fucking source code. Use the law to stop other companies selling it. Everyone is happy.
Hacker culture is dead.
Bluehaired women and niggers who cannot code or diagonalize a fucking matrix are given engineering positions.
Burn it all to the fucking ground.

This

I'm an awful writer and am incredibly nervous speaking to crowds. How to I raise hell and make people aware that everything is shit besides just telling them that everything is shit?

Be like danooct1 and talk about cool malware. Not your boring spyware and ransomware shit, but the malware made by old school hackers for DOS systems. Malware that would tell you to fuck off before flashing a rainbow of colors across your screen and deleting your files. Malware that would play short animations. Malware that doesn't really harm your computer, but does weird or quirky things.

You probably won't be able to and will just look like an idiot.

There's a thread on a ASLR exploit/JIT sprayer that VUSec found named AnC. It shows serious security problems in modern day CPUs, OSes and browsers. They did all of this with fucking JavaScript.

Just give well-known features of malware, and then every slide, compare it to windows 10.

Installs stuff without permission? Check. Shows ads? Check. Takes away control of your own machine? Actively spies on you? Blackmails you into sending money to a secret bitcoin address?
Well, not the last one, but it doesn't protect you, either.
Just spring questions on your classmates when they're not paying attention to you, and make them the most awkward people in the room.

Just remember that the point of public speaking isn't to look good. It's to convey information.

Nigger, have you been to college? He'll be lucky if the person assessing him isn't on his phone the whole time. The most important thing in this assignment is to sound like you know what you're talking about, organise your project coherently, and talk with authority. Them's life skills.

Godspeed, collegeanon.

wew lad, just cuck my life up

Name one good open source video editor.

dunno any tbh fam smh btw jsyk

Name one good open source image editor

I can't honestly name any good image editors at all

Name one good open source video game

This is a weak line of argument, if proprietary solutions were never the best -- which I take to mean a measure of their functionality -- they'd cease to exist as users gravitated to the alternatives.

TheDarkMod is one of the best games I have ever played. I played it natively on linux as well.

Name a better open-source solution the equivalent or better than:

I'll obviously admit they can be inherently better in a lot of cases but there's easy arguments against that being the reason they're popular or widely used. I would make the argument that the lobbying for their technology to be in schools and educational systems by default is their biggest reason for success. Some would argue it's their only reason.

Not really, the problem with proprietary solutions is that they lock users in. Almost all Windows users I know wouldn't mind switching to Linux but they're dependent on things like MS Office which lock them in by constantly breaking standards and since everybody else from their work uses it they have to also. It's a mutual lock-in that can be broken out of only gradually.

ayyy

Yeah, to do most normal things like their job and perhaps playing video games.

There's a sweet spot for desktop linux if you're a comsci student or programmer, outside of this, most users run into trouble. The benefits aren't worth the extra effort. Also remember, most normies don't install an OS, they use what comes with the machine. In their mind, Windows is already free, at least it isn't an ongoing expense for them.

Sorry, but meme arrows, and using >le instead of the isn't actually an argument.

Name one better alternative to the whole UNIX approach, to various shells, to packaging, to development, to desktop environments and window managers, to various linux utilities that can do anything.
You can't, proprietary is total fucking shit here, it's frustratingly unusable and it makes me fucking puke when I have to use Windows or OSX. I wouldn't use it if you paid me.

Oh, so what you're saying is that your point is irrelevant. Ok then

Just tie everything to getting their Facebook / IG / whatever social media shit passwords and shit stolen. Then they suddenly listen.

bump

Yes do it about Windows 10 and how it is both spyware and adware (which are types of malware).

Get over it. My number one advice is to remember that you are in control. Awkwardness and embarrassment are not things others subject you to. They are emotions you choose to feel for yourself. If you play it cool, others will make less of a deal out if it. Fake that sense of comfort and confidence until you've got it. Just play it cool.

Other than that, start taking public speaking classes and/or join your local public speaking team. Debate is a great place for logic autism and public speaking to meet, so go do debate. I would recommend CEDA if you're in the US. Make no mistake, being able to give a confident and thorough response in a flash is an important life skill. If you run and hide, you can bet your career advancement will be shit, your job interviews will be shit, and the way you will be treated in the workplace will be shit. You don't want to be invisible when raises and promotions come out. And you don't want to be a quiet, mousy fucker when you have to make the case for why you deserve better pay, decent working conditions, or why your project needs a changed deadline, more resources, more people, somebody has to leave your project, etc. If you can't handle speaking up, your career will suffer.

A lot of people also say that working out helps them have self-confidence, so you might want to check out >>>/fit/.

One thing I want to be clear about is that extensive debate practice allows you to organize your thoughts reflexively and come up with a solid response that almost seems rehearsed even though you came up with that on the spot. The best public speaking events to do are typically Impromptu, Extemp, and CEDA (Policy) or NPDA/NPTE (Parliamentary). Pratice makes perfect motherfucker, so do it until you've got it.

This.