AMD official slides using Cinebench scores confirming previous leaks

$489 cpu outperforming Intel's $1,000 chip

Intel shills on suicide watch

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ye5c2
archive.is/2qEQ4
archive.is/Iv7SI
ark.intel.com/products/82723/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G3258-3M-Cache-3_20-GHz
forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/amd-zen-thread-inc-am4-apu-discussion.18665505/page-401#post-30533503
digitaltrends.com/computing/intel-cpu-prices-drop-ryzen-launch/
overclock.net/t/1624243/cpu-z-ryzen-1700x-single-multi-thread-benches-also-1700x-vs-6800k-benches
www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/diversity/diversity-at-intel.html
theregister.co.uk/2016/09/02/windows_intel_kaby_lake_amd_zen/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Intel will definitely drop their prices to compete, but their iGPUs and branding will keep them more expensive. Still good to see some competition, my next laptop should be nicely affordable.

This means nothing, AMD leaks these slides every time.

Don't get me wrong, I want so badly for it to be true, but it probably isn't.

KIKES BTFO

yes I have always found it strange that we always get "leaks" that relate to marketing, yet we never get leaks that relate to R&D or design documents of chips. Its strange that things vital to the company are never leaked yet these promotional leaks do.

That being said it is probably due to these promotional leaks being on the same security level as office MeMes

I'll believe that when AMD will buy back their assembly line.

What I want to be true is that PSP or similar doesn't come with this.
I can dream, can I ?

It's just marketing goys, nothing new.
Fanboys get the hype up like the little monkeys they are.

Why would they do that?

What a shock! AMD-made slides proving that the new AMD product is better than the competition!
Surely they could not possibly be exaggerating to sell more products, that would be unethical!

How about we wait until independent testers tests the respective processors and gives us some unbiased results, BEFORE we go ahead and sing praises about AMD.

archive.is/ye5c2

Then how about these scores then?

Intels comparable offerings for similar prices like the Skylake i5 still beat it though
I don't understand why you people are cherrypicking muh 1k dollar CPU!
Still, more competition is never a bad thing. But I really want people to buy AMD because they're actually fucking good. Not because AMD fanboys hold AMD to a lower standard and praise them for being shitty at the expense of lower prices. That's exactly what put AMD into this hole to begin with

Nobody has any idea what sane cpu pricing looks like these days. The US government allows Intel to be a monopoly, always remember that. They are picking winners in the market place by not going after Intel and Microsoft. Intel's position will erode anyway if they cannot get Moore's Law back on track. Moore's Law is now 3 years which gives the competition time to catch up.

INTEL ON SUICIDE WATCH

AMD MASTERRACE - AGAIN

Moores Law is already over. Intel has been stuck at 14nm for the past several generations of chips, although they do have 10nm on the way, it is still taking way longer than usual to deliver it. Moores law is very much broken. Intel still has an advantage over AMD because Intel still actually owns their own fabs and has an R&D budget that is probably larger than AMDs annual gross income

Moore's law is not exactly over. Something like half the silicon on an i7 is their gpu garbage. They leveraged their monopoly position to force the consumer to subsidize their gpu development. Why can't Intel give me a consumer 8 core chip? AMD is going to release an 8 core chip in March. Intel has been a monopoly for too long.

And AMD doesn't do the same thing with their APUs? Both are the same general concept, give the chips a GPU to use for GPGPU applications
Because they made quad-core, octa-thread the consumer standard instead. Which makes more sense because most consumer applications do not require palatalization. That way they can focus on making each individual core faster. It sound like you want an Intel Xeon if you want a lot of cores and no internal GPU Although I think Intel did Jew hard on that and make Xeon support sketchy on consumer motherboards.

I guess single core performance isn't totally rubbish this time. Still tempted to stick with Intel if they will always lead on that front.

Well I mean, it's not much different.

Unless they have gotten a preview version of the processor or somehow snuck one out of the foundry, there's no way for them to know the actual comparison until release.

the mainline AMD chips don't have a GPU on them.

x86 arch & 'IBM-PC' bullshit was a mistake.

Don't care, where are my vega cards you faggots, I've been on integrated for three years, nearing four now.

I think AMD is genuinely going to be competitive this time around.

They are expected to give their first official reveal of Ryzen on the 28th, we've only been getting "leaks" for the last week or two.

This is very different than what happened with Bulldozer. AMD hyped that shit for months before its reveal, there were "leaks" left and right that were all cherry picked highly multithreaded integer heavy workloads, the only thing Bulldozer was good at. There was no 3dmark scores or any meaningful benchmarks being leaked like with Ryzen. They basically tried to stall people from buying Intel and raise their stock prices as high as possible before the fall.

AMD only includes the GPU with their lower end / mainstream CPUs. Their performance line doesn't include a GPU and Ryzen continues that trend.

With Intel, if you buy an overclockable i5 or i7, you're still paying for a GPU that takes up 50% of the manufacturing cost despite never being used. You have to spend a shit ton more for an LGA2011 platform to buy a CPU that uses that die space for moar coars and cache rather than a GPU.

ehhh im not sure this is wise choice, amd was always this bang for buck thing why not go with lower model first?

Tell me more about how AMD isn't controlled competition to avoid Intel begin dragged into court for having a monopoly. We'll enjoy lower CPU prices until AMD either loses their edge or sells the technology to Intel for shekels.

They're both botnet CPUs released by Jews. Enjoy your retarded brand war.

Here's your (you) user.

k.

It builds hype and they are probably going to harvest some of the defective octo core dies by selling them as lower end hex and quad cores.

Thanks for being such a good argument for eugenics

Yeah fuck intel merchants.

WHat is K7 thunderbird you stupid faggot, AMD athlon thunderbird BTFO any shitty P3 intel offered, heck even the first p4's were fucked, Intel was for plebs in those days

On a shitty duo-core Celeron right now because no way in hell was I giving Intel more the $50. Cannot. Fucking. Wait for this. Only problem is what the hell am I going to do with the mother board after I gut it everything for the upgrade? Thinking it's best just to give the whole machine away.

and what came after user?

Honestly, I will probably buy an intel chip next because of single threaded performance. I am running an i7 2600k and how much better will Ryzen really be over that? 4 more core, big deal if single threaded performance is not that much better. I will wait for the benchmarks to come out next week before I make a final decision.

The AMD of today isn't the same one that was competitive back in the Netburst era, both sides of x86 are pozzed. The radeon driver didn't need binary blobs back then, they retroactively added them to older cards.

This year seems to be the one I'll be retiring my 2005 laptop.

A laptop from that era still works with all the javascript bloat everywhere?

Are there no CPUs around the $150 range?

I use it primarily to emulate games up to the N64 era.
Codecs and other Containers started to stop working with newer video releases, so I can't even watch movies anymore.
Internet-wise, I use Chromium 49, but a lot of sites are bugged as hell.
Well, I was waiting for this very moment and now it has arrived.
Probably I'll look out for some laptop with these specs:
1080p screen
17 inch screen
8/16 GB DDR4 ram
1TB SSD
Matched video card, guaranteeing it'll not be some weird combination with some shit compatibility and fucked up drivers.

I only ask OEMs to start using these new processors, as they're currently clearly not using anything AMD.

PS: I'm on the glorious Windows XP

Ryzen is available for preorder

They also push harder for GPGPU to be a thing vs Intel.

the thing about ryzen is that it doesn't have an integrated graphics processor unit so it saves more money and space in the component for an extra processing power unit, giving it an extra boost for the CPU
that benchmark is for the 6900K which is a 3.7 Ghz CPU
It will not beat the 6700K or the newer 7700K which is 4.2 Ghz base
Intel will continue to be the best CPU for games and AMD will fail because gamers will pick intel because it has the best CPU for gaming and corporate giants will still pick intel because of the reliability and much more cores for the xenons

communist

Why would they want to have control over the hardware that makes their hardware ?

This

(webm unrelated, I was bored)

amd has some server chips coming up later, based on the same design. gaming might be the deciding factor for the ryzen chips, if it cannot overclock well enough they wont have much of a chance.

making chips and design processors are not the same thing. ARM is a giant, and they make nothing. either way, intel and amd share their patents anyway, this won't change anything.

Trump is president and AMD is king again

What a wild year

collecting binned chips from bad 8-core wafers

Thank you AMD

New world record cinebench scored achieved!

archive.is/2qEQ4

SHINTEL ON SUICIDE WATCH

That's just the 6-core too, lel.

Is that a preassembled desktop?
If not for the shiny lights and the 8GB of RAM, I'd probably buy one of those as a secondary.

Holy shit, Intel will be salty about this for months.

Yup, one entire 8-core desktop for the same price as that single 8-core intel cpu.

Just bought a $700 laptop, too. Well, 900, but it was on sale.
Warranty is likely expired. That's a bit upsetting.

(checked)

B R A V O A M D

A i5-4690 is still plenty for gaymes though?

Thanks Holla Forums err Holla Forums

ISHYGDDT

Intel has the x86 license so they're mutually fucked up.

Laws reinforcing intellectual property were a mistake.

Yeah, G-d forbid people get paid for their work

>>>/oven/

BASED RYZEN
AMD MAKE IT GREAT AGAIN

INTEL GET #REKT

THIS RANKING IS TRUE?

CPU

1 - AMD R7 1800X 8/16 e 16Mb Cache - 4Ghz e TDP 95W - $ 500

2 - AMD R7 1700X 8/16 e 16Mb Cache - 3,8Ghz e TDP 95W - $ 380

3 - AMD R7 1700 8/16 e 16Mb Cache - 3,7Ghz e TDP 65W - $ 320

4 - Intel i7 6900K 8/16 e 20Mb Cache - 3,7Ghz e TDP 140W - $ 999

5 - AMD R5 1600 6/16 16mB Cache - 3,7Ghz e TDP 65W - $ 260

6 - AMD R5 1500 6/16 16Mb Cache - 3,5Ghz e TDP 65W - $ 230

7 - AMD R5 1400 4/8 8Mb Cache - 3,5Ghz e TDP 55W - $ 200

8 - Intel i7 7700K 4/8 8Mb - 4Ghz e TDP 95W - $ 350

9 - Intel i7 7700 4/8 8Mb - 3,6Ghz e TDP 65W - $ 320

10 - AMD R3 1200 4/4 8Mb - 3,8Ghz e TDP 65W $ 150

11 - AMD R3 1100 4/4 8mB - 3,2Ghz e TDP 65W - $ 130

12 - Intel i5 7600K 4/4 8Mb - 3,8Ghz e TDP 65W - $ 260

13 - Intel i5 7500 4/4 8Mb - 3,2Ghz e TDW 65W - $ 240

GPU

1 - AMD Vega RX 580 HBM 16Gb

2 - AMD Vega RX 570 GDDR5X 12Gb

3 - Geforce 1080 8Gb

4 - Geforce 1070 8Gb

5 - AMD RX 480 8Gb

6 Geforce 1060 6Gb

7 - AMD RX 480 4Gb

8 - AMD RX 470 8Gb

archive.is/Iv7SI

INTEL PR ON SUICIDE WATCH

About to pull the trigger on a Ryzen build, any final thoughts before I do so tonight. Want to get in the Ryzen pre-order queue as fast as possible.

AMD RYZEN 7 1800X Processor 4.0/3.6GHZ 8 Core 16 Thread 95W TDP AM4 Retail Box *No HSF*
MSI X370 Xpower Gaming Titanium ATX AM4 DDR4 CrossFire SLI USB3.1 Motherboard
2x Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2X8GB DDR4 3200MHZ C16 1.35V Memory Kit (2 kits for total of 32GB)
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB PCIe M.2 Internal SSD MZ-V6E1T0BW
Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 140 All In One Water Cooling Kit
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Aluminum Mid Tower Case w/ Tempered Glass Window - Satin Black
Corsair Professional Series HX750I 750W ATX 80 Plus Platinum Power Supply W/10 Years Warranty

Total Price: $2280 USD

Re-using my AMD R9 280X until Vega comes out. Then I might do a custom loop once the waterblocks are available and give the CM Pro 140 to my brother for his build this summer. Wanted to get 1 kit of 2X16GB RAM, but DDR4 kits are starting to dry up, everything there is backordered as fuck.

I could go with cheaper case, cooler, PSU, etc. But I make plenty of cash. Will have it paid off in less than a month. I think $5000 computers are a joke, but $2000-$3000 seems to be a good spot for me. I probably won't upgrade again after this year for at least 7 years

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

the whole point of AMD/Intel existence is to prevent a monopoly and make them compete with each other while sharing the critical know-how to not divide computer architectures even further. IBM predicted it years ago and demanded all the parts to come from two or more producents. if they wouldn't do it like that, imagine the last 5 years of Intel but ever since the birth of IBM PC

I thought CM CLCs had a very poor reputation?

Maybe not the greatest, but not a lot of selection available yet unless I'm willing to order a bracket adapter from the manufacturer. It's not a permanent solution, likely will do a custom water cooling loop after Vega comes out.

Just placed my order.

Dropped it down to 16GB of G.Skill Ripjaws 3200MHz and saved $300. Will upgrade to 32GB in the future when DDR4 is cheaper and more available.

866.52445 U.S. dollar

oy vey

This is like Trump winning all over again.

AMD Bulldozing the competition.

I've been saving this since bulldozer came out.

Was it worth it?

AMD has its own gpu development that stands on its own. It is APU's are synergistic symbiotic CPU GPU lines. Intel only has a parasitic GPU line, and its anemic at best.

Reviewers have actual release hardware but are under embargo not to disclose details until the second.

You do know that DDR4 is a meme right? And 8G will be good enough until next generation if not the one after it?

I've waited 7 years to upgrade, I can keep waiting another few to see how this turns out :)

THANK YOU BASED JIM

is Intel shitting out cpu's lately? When in the fuck did they release the 6900k? I just bought a i5 6600k mid 2016 and back then I think the newest i7 I could find was the 6700k.

Also, now that I see those numbers I wish I had waited a bit. But then again my old computer died, I had no other option but to build a new one last year.

So you are telling me it's controlled for the betterment of consumers? Why is this a problem?

we should bring back 6502

I am sorry, did you misread actual opposition for controlled opposition or something?
I'm not very certain on it myself but at least I wouldn't shitpost like this if I wasn't sure.

I had to go the same route, choosing Intel regrettably. You'll notice that even from the slides today, the only ST numbers they give are for the 1800X; everything else is 'nT' comparisons, which no doubt will be higher with more threads active.

ark.intel.com/products/82723/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G3258-3M-Cache-3_20-GHz :^)>>715136

intels 6-10 cores are on a different socket, the x99 motherboards are made for those.

Cum on, step it up

Athlon all over again, and if they can reverse their slumping gpu adoption, they'll have won my heart and the memes for another generation.

Intel's tentacles are so deeply entrenched into the industry, I'm not sure what could be done to them other than generic penalties for price-fixing and dumping. Spin off their fabs? Spin off their compiler?

Microsoft is, obviously, much more vulnerable to attacks on their octopus-like mess of divisions, and their rapey web of contracts exploitative contracts.

t. Some one who bases everything off of only playing games

Of course user, your non-existent programming projects are what's important, not what people actually use high end tech for.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA BET THIS RETARD BOUGHT NVIDIA

I only meant to criticise the part where you said you don't ever need more than 8GB of RAM. From what I know I agree DDR4 is a meme.

Why didn't wait like the rest of us?

Is your image trying to imply we will get fucked silly by AMD?

Same. I'm still content with my Skylake i7 though. Lets be real here, nobody could've predicted a couple months ago that AMD was actually going to be competitive again after being complete horse shit for nearly a decade. Even with news of Ryzen, nobody predicted it would've turned out to be this good.

Except that's what people have been saying for over a year you retard

No, thats what fanboys were saying for over a year retard nobody was listening to them because they sucked AMDs cock even back during the embarrassment that was the Bulldozer and Piledriver microarchs. Nobody listens to the fanboy who cried wolf

AMD fanboys say that with every new generation of AMD shit though

topkek

Fuck, I wanted to quote instead.

It's still retarded not to just wait a couple of months to check. Your own impatience is to blame.

Also, even if Ryzen wasn't as good as it's probably going to be, or you just want a higher-end Intel rig anyway, EVERYBODY knew that Ryzen's launch was going to cause Intel to finally cut prices across the board (in addition to the used market getting FLOODED with current-gen hardware at rock-bottom prices).

Blame IBM's shortsightedness as well: the "Project Chess" team considered using the CPU and OS from the IBM 801 (an early RISC design, the same architecture was later used in the 9370 midranges and the 6150 RT workstation). It would have been far more advanced and dozens of times more powerful than the awful PC they crapped out.

The first PC I bought with my own hard earned money had an Athlon 500 (and all of my earlier PCs were handmedown shit that was way out of date). It was pimp I hope AMD does make a resurgence but I have my doubts. It feels like we're not supposed to have any bursts of development. This is the age of stagnation, we're supposed to believe that things are slowing down.

Depends on how old your build is. Buying now before the initial allocation disappears if your build is older than 6 years or is a shitty AMD Bulldozer, is a smart choice.

I have a Core i7 860, with a Cinebench R15 score of 415 in multithreading. I've pre-ordered a the 1800X, which has a score of ~160. So I get 4x increase in performance. 2x in IPC and twice as many cores.

1800X is already sold out at a lot of the bigger places. Only lesser known distributors still have them available.

That's what the Jews want us to think.

Keller already left AMD for Tesla Motors late last year sadly. He did not stick around in the company to even see the launch of Ryzen. He's a damn bloody wizard of an engineer though

user, Intel only has iGPUs on the ≤4 core mainstream (LGA 115x) platform. The Ryzen chips are taking on the HEDT (LGA2011) platform.

You will have to wait for Raven Ridge to see mainstream-grade (and laptop) Zen. And these will have AMD's newest GPUs baked in, likely together with a slab of HBM memory.

There is a god

Hi-tech industry engineer here. That's because the R&D and design documents are kept inside the company, while the marketing fluff gets spammed to every industry partner we do business with. As a result, a much larger number of faggots sees the latter, and most of them don't risk getting fired if discovered leaking other company's (as opposed to one's own company's) confidential shit.

>This is the age of (((intellectual property))) and (((patent lawyers)))
FTFY
They are. A good gassing of the patent kikes will speed them back up.

Nigger, you're overpaying massive $$$ for a few percent of extra OC headroom (at best). I'd even consider the 1700 depending on how manual OC stacks against the "XFR" meme.

That's only true for some low-power chips meant for laptops and tiny all-in-ones without space for an external GPU. The mainstream line contains much smaller and wimpier GPUs around the 20% of die area mark.

Quad-cores in this price range will be available around summer.

user, these Ryzen chips are for desktops. You won't see laptop Zen chips for another year, and they will be up to quad-core APUs.

Considering that up until now they had utter shit for CPU cores, that's hardly surprising.

The GPUs in Intel's desktop line are small, there's not that much to be gained here.
For a single threaded workload the boost clock is more relevant than base.
That's what, 15% faster clock? I'd gladly take a similarly priced CPU that has umpteen percent less single-threaded performance while being FIFTY FUCKING PERCENT FASTER in well-threaded workloads.
Newer games are highly threaded because they have to target current-gen consoles, while for older games even a 5y.o. Sandy Bridge has enough single-threaded performance.
You do realize that a 32-core Xeon-killer server chip is coming from AMD later this year, right?

Dunno. You tell me.

Not for long. Once this level of CPU power becomes somewhat common among hi-end gaymers and it will at those prices, you can bet the devs will think of ways to put it to use.

>Yeah, G-d forbid jews get paid for other people's somewhat similar work
FTFY

Why the fuck would you buy a 1800X when the 1700X is only a bit slower and much cheaper?

What the fuck do you mean by "a meme" you retard?! That is the only memory type AM4 is compatible with.
Okay, utter retard confirmed. My web browser often takes more than that by itself.

Good thing Toughbooks are not invaded by cancer.. YET.

All kidding aside: X CPUs are a potential waste of money then?

kekked and capped

I D I O T S
D
I
O
T
S
(checked)
Fucking this. This is so much more satisfying than I could've ever imagined.

Same as any overclocking-capable processor is. If you never foresee yourself needing additional CPU power (i.e. you'll never need to upgrade?) then yes, it is a waste of money.

I bought an unlocked CPU back in 2010 (still using) and I have overclocked it around 500mhz which for a quad core had a small but definitely noticeable effect.

If you're paying $100 extra for a better binned CPU, you're increasing the likelihood that you'll be able to - in the future - get a several-hundred Mhz boost across 8 real cores for free, especially considering how low the TDP on this thing is. Something to strongly consider IMO.

I love it how kikes are losing control in every sphere of society. I just fucking love it.

Yeah, X cpus are a waste of cash but generally significantly better. If you have the cash to blow, get one.

in what way?

pick one, faggot

Performance.
They generally have more cores and a bigger cache, and since it's still the same architecture once overclocked each core performs roughly the same as a lower end cpu (if you're not using all of the cores, they'll even perform better in some cases because of the bigger cache). For instance the core i7 4960x performs almost 2x better than the core i7 4770k once brought up to have the same clock.

He was talking about Ryzen X CPUs. You know, the topic of this thread...

I want AMD to make a decent 15W TDP laptop CPU with an APU that surpasses all of Intel's iGPU crap. That's all I want. Please don't let me down AMD.

It's called Raven Ridge and it's planned to hit the market around the end of this year. Be patient, it's gonna be worth it.

We'll see when the reviews pour in. As I understand it, XFR is basically automatic, dynamic overclocking. The CPU bumps its clock higher whenever the conditions (temps, voltage and chip limits) allow it do be done stably, and dials back when the conditions worsen.
Assuming the non-X chips are fully unlocked, if you can keep the chip cool and fed enough juice under full load you could basically manually set the same clocks XFR would be hitting.
Where XFR would be useful is under thermally constrained conditions. If you have a budget-conscious cooling solution, you won't be able to stretch the clocks to the silicon limits all the time, but you might be able to hit them some of the time, in short bursts. Basically a Turbo Boost when OC'ing.
Then again, if you have the cash to splurge on an X model, you likely can afford high-end cooling too.

You should have listened to Holla Forums instead and bet that money on Trump. I made 600% that way, in a shorter time too.

The guy may be jewish but he was praising Ryzen, I don't see the connection.

That pic is hyperbole, it was created when AMD was shit, which in part was because Intel always sabotaged the shit out of them, but they fucked up bulldozer themselves. Why would anyone recommend buying AMD CPUs back then? I bought Sandy Bridge because there was pretty much no contest.
It's only now, with the new leadership, that they have now RYZEN.

Literally a slide thread. What are the jews trying to bury this time???

Apparently the new Ryzen cpu's match Intel's single threaded performance with the 7700k. If true then Ryzen wins and Intel is done. The Hulk is AMD.

Gib source, I want to believe but I need to see this with my own eyes.

The data for Ryzen, or the porn with the Hulk?

Yes.

What I would love to see is one of those extreme laptop manufacturers to stuff one of these chips in a heavy laptop workstation. They already make heavy laptops with Intel's socketed desktop chips even fucking LGA2011, so it wouldn't be a stretch to make an AMD version now that AMD has competitive parts. The 65W 1700 seems perfect for this, it's only a bit hotter than actual laptop-targeted X chips from Intel (54W). Much cheaper, too.

I bought at $6 a share but only like 20 options because i was fucking broke at the time. Put $500 in a few weeks ago, put anther $500 in at $13.6/share. Still in the green. Barely, but still there. Once they start pushing into prebuilts i figure it'll go up a tiny bit more, then I'll dip out and use the cash towards a ryzen rig.

Then, on top of that, because you got a part from a better bin that is where your "free" bonus comes in.

Who the fuck cares about stock clocks in an unlocked chip?

Yes goy, we'll give you more FOR FREE! Just gib 25% more shekels for the privilege.

Those who don't want to overclock because room temps reach 90 degrees in the summer.

heh. try 116.

Good thing we use Celsius here. No way the numbers would get that high ;-).

116F=47C

At that point you have more important things to worry about than your CPU temperature.

Yes, I know. It was a joke, you massive autist.

It appears the 1700 OC's to 3.8-4.0 GHz, depending on mobo quality.
forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/amd-zen-thread-inc-am4-apu-discussion.18665505/page-401#post-30533503

I want underage faggots to leave

Go lead the way.

AMD DONT FAIL ME I HAVE SHILLED YOU FOR THE PAST 7 YEARS DO IT NOW

Ryzen made me believe in jesus again. Allah willin'

Holy niggerfuck, that's way too much for just RAM

He's right, how much you can overclock depends on the motherboard

Weeeee

Can't wait to see the tears on Intel fanboys who bought before the price reduction and have been shitting on AMD for years

digitaltrends.com/computing/intel-cpu-prices-drop-ryzen-launch/

thots?

overclock.net/t/1624243/cpu-z-ryzen-1700x-single-multi-thread-benches-also-1700x-vs-6800k-benches

Holy fucking shit they were selling one for $1900?

Aye
Amazon still sells it at $1700 tho

Welp. This is definitely Intel's "Sega Saturn" moment.

They're going to have to drop their prices 70-80% just to remain competitive with AMD, and between that, the death of their traditional update schedule, and the brain drain they're getting as the company burns $n×10⁹ on pandering to neon-haired fishmouths, it looks like their future isn't certain any more.
Sell that stock.

Holy fuck I forgot they spent HUNDREDS of millions on that shit. My God.

I HAD to upgrade a year or so ago and bought a $50 almost 7 year old Xeon (Westmere). Was worth it and now I can get something newer soon.

Wait. Stop. Hold up.

Intel ACTUALLY spent ==HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS== of dollars ($100,000,000+) on genderqueer bifluid narwhal-kin and apache helicopters?

excuse me, this is a SFW board

HOL UP
I need some fucking sauce right now.

www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/diversity/diversity-at-intel.html

jesus fucking christ

Is it finally time to meme magic open source RISC-V hardware?

I don't understand this diversity obsession. It just feels like closeted racists projecting. Like the closeted gay that just keeps talking about how much he likes boobs

No. Keep your stupid memes away from my precious RISC-V

What in tarnation...

That's a lot of money spent on a meme that's just going to come back and bite them in the ass, if it hasn't already.
You would think an Israeli company of all things would be a lot better at the whole... not spending money on stupid things.

That's Microcenter being Microcenter.

Shame PSP exists otherwise it would be almost instant buy personally.

Oh god, my dick is diamonds! time to lube up with Intel fanboy tears and masturbate until I get my hands on 1800x.

Risc-V hardware already exists, I am holding it in my hands right now, it's called the HiFive1.

It's more like a super arduino with 300MHz and 8MB of storage but they have another linux capable CPU design.

Hell with the linux kernels recent addition of V-CPUs you could run a perfectly clean U500 based RISC-V linux system with another computer disconnected from the Internet acting as a render node.

The future is bright.

theregister.co.uk/2016/09/02/windows_intel_kaby_lake_amd_zen/

they belong in the garbage

Who cares?

It forgets to mention that the "walled garden" crap is an option, not a requirement, and is disabled by default.
There is no way they can enable this by default without alienating not only their customers, but also make enemies of stores like gamestop that sells physical installation media for games like CoD.

Except that's a bunch of bullshit. You can use the CPU fine on older OSes, it's just that it won't be outright supported by Microsoft, and they won't go out of their way to include support for the latest CPU tech in older versions. But it won't automagically bluescreen your PC if you decide to slap a Windows 7 installation media into a computer running Kaby Lake/Zen hardware.

Go back to Holla Forums please. You clearly don't know enough about technology to be posting here, and no, your le jews memes aren't going to compensate for that.

The only thing that belongs in the garbage is your post.

Except you're wrong. That image makes explicit note of that and states quite clearly that they will perform a bait and switch and REMOVE the option, as they already have twice before.

those are massive new levels of cancer, even for michaelsoft

I see, so Microsoft themselves made that infographic?
Because I don't see how else this thing can be so certain on what Microsoft is planning to do.

There's nothing wrong with (((Windows 10))) with echoes.
It has been so normalized that Jews themselves use it. Contrary to Holla Forums, Holla Forums's memes are good and work.

This.

Aaaaand time to make a new thread, cause apparently Holla Forums found this one and decided to make it into a Le Jews meme pissing contest.

I forgot to mention, the botnet's in the ground, the "dirt" under you is really nanobots

We were always here, Shlomo. Expect us in every thread. No refuge!

Fuck off back to >>>Holla Forums nobody wants you here.

No.

Go back to le Reddit, faggot.

Hi Holla Forums.

whats the point of a powerful expensive CPU if i can't run the OS i want? you're forced to run winshit 10 or one of the 400 gorillion ubuntu spinoffs where games don't work for shit.

i dont even browse Holla Forums but you'd have to be stupid not to notice this processor is absolute shit no matter how powerful it is if it doesn't let you run the system you want. it belongs in the garbage alongside intel processors.

Trips confirm!

Imagine being this blind

1) Install latest version of KVM/Xen/vSphere/etc
2) Install Windows 8/7/XP/98 in VM
3a) If gayman hardware (GPU, audio, etc.) are supported by virtualized OS, enable passthrough and use default drivers
3b) If not, install paravirtualization drivers

But you can run any OS you want

What exactly do you imagine will happen if you were to install Windows 7/8 on a computer with said powerful expensive CPU?

Would it bluescreen?
Would it not boot?
Would it display an error message during install?
Would it implode into a magical cloud of mana vapor?

The answer is: None of the above.
It would work just fine, and you would notice zero difference between running it on 10 and running it on 7/8.

Hint: The announcement Microsoft has made was made and formulated specifically to trick stupid people into thinking the CPU will not work on older versions, in order to push them to the latest OS. They never said outright that it "will not work" on older versions, merely that they "do not support" using it on older versions.

Go home numale, grown ups are talking.

I have three things preventing me from preordering a Ryzen.

1. I want someone else to test what doesn't work on 7. I'm not spending my Jewbucks to figure out that I need to install a VM. If I can do it with one, I want to know before I get started.

2. What's the practical difference between the 1700, 1700x, and 1800x? How much do they OC and is there much difference between them after OCing? Real world performance benchmarks are needed.

3. I can't effectively distinguish the differences between the expensive x370 MoBos and the cheaper ones. Some have 2 M.2 ports, some have more USB3.1, some have USB A only, some have a USB C.

Even if, for some bizarre reason, 7 is non-functional, I won't move to 10. MS would have to send me a loyal 16 year old blonde aryan 10/10 wife for me to have a computer with 10 on it willingly.

I think all your issues boil down to the old chestnut any Holla Forumsidiot knows by heart: STOP BUYING PREORDERS!

We've waited years already, the possibility of having to deal with stock shortages from retailers for a week or two when they actually ship is a small price to pay for early adopters benchmarking and testing them.

It will work fine in Windows 7.

The 1700x and 1800x have XFR which automatically overclocks if your cooling is good enough. 1700 doesn't have it. 1700x and 1800x are also 95w chips while the 1700 is just a 65w chip. Unless you want to do serious overclocking or what XFR to automatically overclock for you, a 1700 is fine and you don't need the X versions.

The x370 are higher end motherboards. Early overclocking is showing Ryzen overclocks are limited by power delivery. The higher end boards have better power delivery. If you just want a solid 8 core computer, you don't need to spend big on x370 motherboard. Find a 350 that fits you and go for it.

This is a case when pre-order might be a good idea, because if Ryzen takes off huge and there's not enough supply to meet demand, the prices will skyrocket. This is what happened with RX 480, it's not like this would be the first time AMD couldn't meet demand and prices went up.

I pre-ordered a 1700x. I have hopes of getting a good enough overclock so I can go troll retards on tech forums who bought 6900k and 6950x, so the 1700x was worth it.

I expect it to work fine in 7. I'll still wait to see.

I didn't know that the XFR was auto overclocking, I couldn't actually find out what it was from reading the various press releases. I typically watercool my CPU and GPU, and overclock them to the highest point of stability without adding voltage. Using XFR is entirely dependant on how it compares to manual overclocking. After that, it's just a matter of what chips get the best clocks.

It's not like money is a huge issue on this, I'll probably be keeping this CPU for 5-8 years. Spending an extra $100-200 now doesn't look that bad unless AMD's Zen+ blows Ryzen out of the water.

I actually meant the expensive x370 vs the cheaper x370 boards. In Canukbuks you can get a cheap x370 for $200 ($140 US) while the expensive ones are $300-$400 ($210-$280 US) and I can't tell the difference between them because there's too much marketing wank to understand what the actual differences are. The only differences I can distinguish are rear IO ports and one vs two M.2 SSD ports.

I bought an RX 480 within three days of them being on sale, it was ready for pickup immediately. My brother waited a week to order and ended up waiting a month before they told him the model he ordered was discontinued. (probably XFX or something) The company decided to make a premium model and didn't fill in the orders of their older one.

The hype is real, but waiting another month won't kill me. My old i5 750 still pulls her weight. I'll retire her to an easy life of good ol' XP gaming.

The RX 480 was a mainstream part though. The Ryzen 7 chips are all priced squarely in the "hardcore enthusiast" bracket. Your prediction would be more realistic if it were Ryzen 5 or 3 chips they were launching with.

One major difference you need to look out for is VRM quality. The more expensive boards typically have a stronger and better cooled VRM section, which allows better overclocks.

JESUS CHRIST YOU ARE DUMB.
Everything will work exactly the same. Why are you falling for Macrohard's marketing strategies? Are you computer illiterate?

aside from expansion ports, look at the audio codec, ethernet controller, OC potential (amount of power phases, VRM cooling, etc.), gimmicks (muh OC knob, muh LEDs, muh steel shielding), quality of parts (capacitors, MOSFETS), etc.

simple, don't buy from scalpers and just wait.

I wouldn't bet too much on that XFR gimmick. I'm sure it'll work the same as 'turbo' clocks do. Besides, everyone knows that OCing depends on winning the silicon lottery and requires stability testing. I wouldn't consider it anything better than a gimmick.

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

maybe 4chan Holla Forums, 8ch Holla Forums is filled with valvedrones and blizzdrones more than happy to preorder

The answer is to pull the dildo out of your ass and replace Windows 7 with Linux.

The answer is to stop being tech illiterate, x86 is retrocompatible since the 8086, you could run fucking DOS perfectly if you wanted if it wasn't for the removal of the A20 gate in Haswell and the fact that some boards are UEFI only. W7 supports UEFI so it should fucking work.

Really, nigga?

I finally managed to find an actual comparison of all the various AM4 boards. The ASRock Taichi and Fatality Pro Gaming both have 16 phase, which is the highest I've seen reported. Other companies cap at 10 or 12.

I'm not putting any real hope on XFR, it sounds like a child's OC option.

That sounds like a good idea, apart from that being a pretty nice dildo. Does Linux come with a vibrate function?

Windows is just for Gayman anyways. I've got 'nix on all my other comps.

So stupid for waiting 2 weeks before purchase. Such wow.

No it isn't, you mongoloid. Compatibility is only guaranteed for user-mode code, and has been this way for the better part of two decades. Anything handled by the kernel can, and often does change between HW generations. In fact, it is standard industry practice to release and sell chips with KNOWN HARDWARE BUGS, as long as the bugs can be worked around by the OS kernel alone. Read the official errata list for any Intel CPU generation and weep.

Oh fug, they finally removed that ancient hack? Didn't even know that. It was about time two decades ago.

beyond a certain point, more phases doesn't necessarily mean better. Too little (e.g. 3+1) is shit, though.

What point is that then? The choices between the manufacturers is Asus 12 and 10, Gigabyte 10, ASRock 16, and MSI 10.

If 10 phase is overkill then all of the X370s once again essentially become distinguished by price and IO ports.

The dream is dead.

Comparing this to Phoronix's early benchmarks results, Ryzen seems to do incredibly well in embarrassingly parallel applications but less so in applications that depend more on single-thread performance (such as most games.) What would be really interesting is testing Ryzen with a Vulkan game like nuDoom or The Talos Principle, since those tend to benefit more from more cores.

This isn't exactly news tho. Intel has always been better in single-thread performance, while AMD in most cases performs equally well or better in multi-thread performance.

Nice. Looks like I'll be keeping my Ivy Bridge for another five years.

He's right, go home numale.

I'll be on my 2600k for another 5 years.

Wasn't the "single FPU per core" supposed to increase the IPC and fix AMD's single thread deficiency?

kek

Not all programs are FPU-bound. Many use the FPU very sporadically and are not measurably influenced by a shared FPU.

FPU performance is a completely separate matter from integer units' performance.

I was really hoping for AMD to deliver good performance so I wouldn't have to give Jewtel more money but looks like I have to If I want good single tread performance. My current Q9550 is too old for this shit and needs to retire.

Well, Ryzen does provide good single-thread performance. Not as good as some Intel chips, but close enough.

Too bad it gets beat out by a fucking STOCK 7700k that is also cheaper according to these benchmarks
I am just baffled how AMD managed to fuck up AGAIN. Moar cores, we will make 8 core cpus mainstream in gaming, but then the performance isn't even on par with a 4 core cpu in games.

Unlocked Pentium G can easily beat a locked Intel Skylake in some tasks, doesn't mean the Pentium G is a superior processor.

When I build a new PC I will just get an 8800k or whatever the equivalent is. Maybe Intel will give us a 7700k with 8 cores for a reasonable price. An AMD chip is just not worth an upgrade from a 2600k in terms of single threaded performance.

I don't get why people keep shitting on AMD because "games".
Games are not, and will never be a good benchmark for CPU performance.
At least not unless it's Dwarf Fortress or some other similar game that renders almost exclusively via CPU.

First and foremost; Most gamedevs are Pajeet tier, or literal Pajeets.
Most of the time they have no fucking idea what they're doing, and the rest of the time they spend shoveling in ideas and theories they found on google. Most of which are designed for a specific CPU.
The code itself varies between if-else ladders that would make the if meme look adorable, switches with objects and other retarded shit that would (and does) confuse the fuck out of the CPU's prediction algorithm.
I've even heard of a case where the team lead demanded they use the Intel compiler because "Intel is popular for a reason, so their compiler must be better".

Second of all; Most modern games relies on GPU for almost everything.
Hell a lot of the times people even try implementing shit like AI and physics into OpenCL/CUDA code to further distance themselves from the CPU.
So in the end, if you're sitting on a GTX 2048, whether your CPU costs $999 or $299 is going to matter very little, if at all.

Thirdly; GPUs are fucking unreliable.
It doesn't matter what company you get them from, GPU cache is so unreliable it makes magnetic core memory look like ECC-RAM. Same goes for OpenCL/CUDA processing.
The GPU's handling of loading/unloading and deciding what Stream Processor/CUDA Core/Whatever to use when and for what is a mystery and most of the time doesn't make sense.
You could run the exact same map, the exact same way, with the AI doing the exact same things, and you'd still get fluctuations in FPS depending on what mood the GPU is in that particular moment.

All in all... why the fuck would you determine CPU performance based on FPS in a game?
The only way to get a perfectly accurate reading is to use the exact same hardware, with the exact same software, and run them both at the exact same point in time-space using a fucking time machine.

It's like running a dice throwing program and judging CPU performance based on how many times you rolled a 6.
Fuck whatever people decided that "games" should be the new benchmark for everything.

Roughly agreed on CPUs being less important for gayman, but there is one substantial niche that demands CPU power: Emulation. Especially with 7th-gen emulators that are set to mature very soon.

This. In general, if you want accurate ratings of CPU performance, then you would be using SPEC benchmarks. That's what these companies use anyway when they are designing CPU's.

How likely is it that the 'bad performance' of Ryzen in games is due to Nvidia's driver?

It's only a bit slower, hardly a deal breaker. If you don't want the coarz, wait for Ryzen 3 which will provide >90% of 7700k's performance for half the price. Spend the saved money on a beefier GPU and watch the Intel system get left in the dust in games.

Enjoy the taste of Intel's cock.

Emulators use the CPU in very atypical ways. We need to see them specifically benchmarked to know what performance to expect.

More likely Intel's compiler.

What about "integrated GPUs"? Does Ryzen have those?

Nope. The Zen APUs will come around the end of this year.

I think things aren't as straightforward as they appear to be since if you look at pure CPU benchmarks they are all over the place. My guess is that some programs seem to favor one CPU over another even when they have similar throughput, maybe it's something to do with the instruction set?

It's the fucking Intel's C++ compiler. It makes programs use AVX and all other newest ISA frills when running on Intel, and switch to ancient SSE2 level when running on anything else.
judaism_intensifies.gif

They still seem to use one core and yes I know that sounds insane but just look up multicore support on the CEMU or rpcs3. The devs have said on their reddit pages (I know what you are thinking but thats where they make a lot of announcements and get feedback) that adding more cores doesn't seem to work well due to how the emulation works as unless you have some way to control the timing of each aspect on various cores it's easier to have it all on one core, especially since each game has it's own ins and outs so creating software that can emulate console hardware on multiply is much more difficult.

that makes no sense! AMD CPU's support AVX so if programs don't enable it for some reason I would think AMD would make a fuss about it.

more proof that something really fucking weird is going on, in certain tests the 5960X beats the 6900k

They did make a fuss. Intel's (((lawyers))) laughed it off in court.

Basically:
// Ensure compatibility// Because we cannot guarantee other CPUs will support AVX properlyif (CPU::GetStringIDentifier == "GenuineIntel") { extensionMode = "AVX";} else { extensionMode = "SSE2";}

AMD cannot really complain that Intel makes optimizations for Intel processors and tries to "ensure compatibility" with non-Intel hardware, on Intel's own compiler.

That is the most jewish excuse I've ever heard.

Maybe, but it's how the law works.
Intel doesn't have monopoly on compilers, and there's many other alternatives to choose from. It's up to the programmer to choose whether or not they wish to use Intel's compiler.
And legally speaking AMD cannot force Intel to change their compiler in such a way that it risks breaking people's binaries because Intel was forced to ensure that everything is "compiled equal" even when the other platforms might not support certain instructions.

Sure Intel is using this to cripple binaries when they run on not-Intel hardware, but again, legally speaking they are well within the right to do so as long as they don't outright state "This cripples non-Intel hardware intentionally" and hide it behind "compatibility", and as long as they're not a monopoly.

You guys falling for the "i have enough cores" meme is pretty funny. We're never getting major single core performance improvements, those days are long gone. If you're happy with your quad core, you're going to keep it forever because nothing is going to come out and beat it in single thread. It's exactly why, as you'll notice, there's not much difference in the benchmarks that Ryzen usually does below expectations and 6, 8, and 10 core CPUs and intel quads.

Kike jewtel media is telling everyone more cores is a waste because anything beyond Intel 7700k is now garbage price:performance ratio. Intel is very scared of Ryzen, they dropped 7700k price by $140.

Stop and ask yourself why this shit tech media loves to go "hur dur ryzen is underwhelming it's got weak single thread" because it loses some single thread benchmarks to quad Intel, yet they just fawn and drool all over 6900k, 6950x, etc.

There's plenty of benchmarks with 5960x and 6900k losing to 770k. But no one is whining about that or saying those CPUs are underwhelming. It's all total bullshit, go read some 6, 8, and 10 core Intel reviews and compare the conclusions and the prices to Ryzen.

Reviewers are all saying the motherboards and BIOS are pretty rough. There's going to be some improvements to performance, stability, and overclocks the more the BIOSes get fixed up.

We've got a new CPU on a new process on a new platform. There's going to be some issues that cause performance to be inconsistent.

You are absolutely retarded user. Technically yes they do this but it is far more complicated, they look at specific CPU IDs as well. And if you have a newer CPU than when the compiler supported, it will take the less optimal code path as well. This isnt about "ensuring compatibility" with non-Intel hardware. It is about ensuring compatibility with unknown hardware.

But if single threaded performance is better on the 7700k than the Ryzen why not just buy the Jewtel chip? Most software is not utilizing the extra cores. Where is my LispOS that takes advantage of all those extra cores and pushed processors? The software industry is partly to blame for this. The current software paradigm has been stretched to its limits and there is no real reason to upgrade processors all that much. Windows and Linux both suck. Video games do not even push the hardware anymore. Why upgrade to Ryzen from a 2600k?

Furthermore, it's possible for the linker to combine binaries from different frameworks and compilers into the same executable, each for different OS/CPU/etc targets.

i imagine a lot of users are thinking the same thing but that applies to newer Intel chips as well, the 7700k isn't much better than the 2600k clock for clock. The main reason a lot of people upgrade is new motherboard features like PCI 3.0 and M2 support.

Because the 7700k is sometimes faster by 10% to 20% in single thread, yet the Ryzen is significantly faster in multithread, far more than 20%.

If you actually want multi-thread performance and single thread, you can't even get it from Intel. Show me an 8 core Intel that is beating 7700k in single thread. There are none, at least stock.

Like it or not we're in an age where x86 is not going to be making any massive single core improvements. The only way to upgrade is more cores. If you're happy with a quad core, that's fine. But some of us have been wanting more cores and we haven't seen those prices come down in a long time.

The way I see it is if you need those cores, it's an amazing value. If you are upgrading, you choose between 0% to 20% performance loss in single thread with something that completely dominates multi-thread for the same price.

But realistically, the whole "single thread" meme is mostly bullshit outside of poorly coded games. When is the last time you sat in front of your quad core computer waiting for a single core task to complete? Every time I'm waiting my computer it's got all cores loaded and it could use more. And usually when you're doing a single threaded task, it's on something that could be split up (like encoding a bunch of FLACs to MP3s or something).

Maybe gaming won't be as good at 1080p, but by 1440p the bottleneck moves entirely to the graphics card in most games. And if you're spending $330+ on a CPU, you're making a big mistake still using a 1080p monitor.

By your logic, no one should bother getting anything from Intel besides a 7700k or slower.

This whole argument is just like when GTX 680 came out. Tech sites were all drooling over GTX 680 with 2GB and said the VRAM would be fine. You got 50% more VRAM with 7970. And a year or two later people were selling off GTX 680 2GB cards because they didn't have enough VRAM and 7970 was fine. Tech media is constantly trying to coerce people into buying inferior products because of corrupt bullshit reasons.

You are right about the price / core ratio but for my needs a quad core is fine but better single threaded performance would be great. Ryzen would be a winner for me if I was doing video editing but I do not.

I keep looking through the review and some of the result have a deviation that seems to be bit on the excessive side, somethings not right

*keep looking through the reviews

I was comparing multiple reviews from different sites

In all seriousness, all this is insignificant.
AMD "caught up" with Intel, if one's better than the other, it by a meaningless margin and those graphs are made to extrapolate differences.
Actually, for half a decade now these processors have been overkill for doing anything other than heavy professional work, usually using professional video cards as support.
These benchmarks are bait.
Look for instance at GPU's graphs: they started to publish them in 4K, as every card right now can run every game flawlessly at 1080p and 720p.

It doesn't matter anymore. Instead, look for the more stable components, or the less power hungry, the ones with more reliability, future​-proof, hardware synergy, etc.

aka 'Console Ports'

I keep going through the reviews and from what I see the Ryzen chips have the exact same IPC as the current gen I7 chips and the difference is a result of software optimization rather than hardware. In other words if AMD wants to beat Intel they are going to need to start influencing software devs since it looks like going down the hardware route just isn't going to work.

My bet is that we are reaching the upper limit of what silicon can do without resorting to all kinds of weird tricks, I doubt there will be substantial single core performance until carbon based computing moves out of infancy.

So the verdict is wait for Zen+ unless your computer implodes before that

It's not just console ports, it is too expensive to create graphics that take advantage of the computing power.

How do you know this? Is Microsoft Visual Studio specifically targeting Intel chips? Is GCC?

Gee it's almost as if a lot of software is poorly parallelized.

It's close but they're not identical.

ALSO

Kaby lake clocks significantly higher.

here's something interesting, the 1800x uses less power than the 7700K even though it has twice the cores but has the same IPC. This likely means that the 4.1 ghz overclock limit is due to either the the bios or more likely that the hardware is going as fast as it can already... which is odd given the TDP is so low. I am not sure what to think of this one.

Morrakiu does make funny stuff but he is such little bitch.

Just an observation, look at all the open-source programs as well as ones that have shown no bias in the past towards either side, they show AMD neck and neck with Intel. Now look at all the closed source applications, they show Intel way ahead by a significant margin. It may be wrong but after looking though all the reviews I could find I am just noticing a pattern.

Is this real life

not that surprising, CPU performance increases and decreases don't always scale perfectly with clock speed so some get a sharper loss from reduced clock speed than others. Also, most Intel chips since Sandy Bridge has incredibly similar architecture across all the desktop line so it's not surprising that they would perform similarly when you account for clock speed and core count.

What's happening is the architecture is clocked out of the box at the very upper range of efficiency. Just like the rx480 they're selling a product they've already oc'd as hard as they can without causing temperature or power consumption to get out of control.

This is extremely disappointing for people like me who don't give a shit about anything they can't oc the snot out of but could potentially be positive thing for consumers if they release a lower bin chip at a much lower clock with a correspondingly lower pricepoint. A chip with 4 coarz for example at 2.8ghz selling for $70 that will reliably clock to 3.9ghz would be a real steal.

Also I have no idea what software benchmarks you're looking at but at least when it comes to parametric modelling there is precious little difference between commercial and open source software, they're all poorly parallelized. Also as bad as Photoshop is, Gimp is by far worse when it comes to multithread performance.
Oh and you don't benchmark things like CFD on the cpu in the first fucking place so I don't see what you're trying to get at with your comment about "hurr closed source favors jewtel must be backroom dealings u guize".

It's a kaby lake chip, of course it's going to have the same single thread performance as every other chip in that family. Also unless I'm mistaken it's got hyperthreading making it an amazing bargain for budget "home pc" type builds. Was looking to buy one for my wife before she got a new job and was given a fuckhueg stipend for a laptop.

so in a nutshell it would mean:
ryzen is better for audio and video editing
intel is better for gaming because street-shitter tier programming of games that make no use of AMDs features

right?

yes but only for now. If AMD has any kind of significant success they will be in a postilion to offer free/reduced price chips to Dev the way Intel does and along with regained market share there will likely be much better support. Amd also said not long ago that they will be courting game devs in the future so I expect things to change as that happens and 8 core systems become more common along with games utilizing them more often.

AMD has basically made 8 core and 6 core systems viable for the mainstream market, if Zen sees good sales figures greater than 4 core CPU's will become the norm.

KEK
Why are they not testing Ryzen on multithreaded loads? It's like they want to make it look bad, so they keep putting up benchmarks of single-threaded loads. It's almost like someone is paying them to do this. :^)

Ryzen is better if you do shitloads of encoding/transcoding/compiling/batch processing. Intel is better for literally everything else.

There are no unique features to AMD that have any sort of impact on gayming performance. They compete with intel on the exact same terms of IPC, clock and price.

If you're complaining about vidya not using moar coarz you need to get your fucking head out of your ass because there sure as shit aren't many games that will even make full use of two goddamn cores. Shit nigger, most games released today still run on 32bit engines.

You mean like they do in 6 of the other benchmarks you ignored?

except they don't, the benchmarks show that the IPC is is incredibly close but the gaming results diverge far more than they should given what we know about the raw power in the chips.

>They compete with intel on the exact same terms of IPC, CLOCK and price.

Are you a shill or some kind of mental invalid?

No, intel is still better at encoding because you can get used Xeon E5-2600s for dirt cheap

makes me really sad. It was hyped as fuck and now it turns out that intel aviv still has the upper hand.

Where?

shud id down

AMD is really working better at higher resolutions than 1080p like 1440p or 2160p 4k and is working to fix the 1080p with drivers and updates since everything is new and the tests were made to optimized drivers and updates for Intel instead of AMD

the thing is no one will come back to it, just like with MSM that slanders people
message is clear, zen is shit so intel succeeded in this

Sure.

lower is better

Given the massive gigaFLOPS/$ disparity between GPUs & CPUs, I don't see how that's relevant, unless Vulkan/DX12-based games are throwing a lot of code unsuited to current GPUs into the API instead of compiling directly to x86 assembler.

okay so explain it to me, should I get a Ryzen 1800X or an i7 6950X ?
I don't really play games just mostly browsing the internet or whatever.

If you're just browsing, why even get something that expensive? Get a Ryzen 1700.

I've already a GTX 1080 (water cooled) and it'd be kind of silly to have a shit processor

then you need neither you dumb cunt

So you just like wasting money then?

Even my 7 year old (7 and some months since first release now I think) x5677 is usable with an easy overclock to over 4ghz. Yeah the overclocking capable X58 mobos are usually hard to come by at anything close to reasonable prices, but I scored one.

Even after Ryzen I'm unsure if it's worth upgrading.

I mean, if I had some specific need for AVX (what is it even used for?) or needed better power efficiency (why on a desktop, I manage just fine with a cheap aftermarket cooler) and everything compiles fast, good compatability, good gaming even, why upgrade?

except that they will since the 6 core Zen chips haven't been released yet and will be very competitive at their price point.
270 US for 6 core Zen chip will be pretty good deal and if AMD does make devs improve the performance of their software with Zens hardware it will be apparent in the future reviews when the mid-level Zen chips perform to close to their 8 core counterparts results from months back.

even the 1700 is probably overkill for that. If you really want a Zen chip wait for the 6 cores, all the $320+ Intel cpu's are a waste of money especially for someone like you.

I thought I'd enjoy vidya but I didn't really find anything I liked (and what little I did like had pretty shit graphics).

Well I might want to install Gentoo one day (I've heard good things about it) and a good cpu would make that go a lot quicker I think

As I remember it Vulkan was made specifically to multi-thread the gpu driver among other things

Fuck now I'm triggered

To not fry in the summer, in my experience

AVX is just another SIMD instruction set, like the SSE instruction sets. It's just so you can do the same operation on a lot of numbers at the same time.

Consider vector addition. Let A and B be vectors, with each element represented by A_1, A_2, ..., A_n for an n element vector, and the same thing for B. If you want to add two of them together, then you'd probably just do something like
for i in A.length(): A[i] = A[i] + B[i]
None of the later iterations rely on the result of the previous ones so you can do them easily in parallel. The SIMD instructions make it so that you can do them all with a single instruction for certain amounts of i. AVX and AVX-512 let you operate on larger numbers of i than SSE, and also let you specify a different output than A, so it could be C[i] = A[i] + B[i].

You can either work with intrinsic functions, or just hope that the compiler is smart enough to detect things like that.

Sure, but that's not going to saturate ≥4 threads. Even if it makes multithreading the rest of the program easier, 4 years of AMD's MOAR COARS mantra on consoles still hasn't been enough for gamedev-tier coding to change.

We invented this thing called air conditioning

I live in Afghanistan so we don't have that.