Comic ideas thread! Marvel and/or DC have given you a small crew of skilled, but unknown artists and writers...

Comic ideas thread! Marvel and/or DC have given you a small crew of skilled, but unknown artists and writers. You get to make what ever you want. And ongoing series, limited issues, or a one shot of whatever you want. It doesn't even have to be a canon story, but it does have to exist within the DC or Marvel universe. What would you like to see? I'll start, because we all know I made this thread to tell you my ideas.

-A series titled "Lawyers," entirely about the development of the legal system once superheroes coming onto the scene. The government allowing them to testify in court without unmasking themselves, rules being created for what evidence superheroes gather that is and isn't admissible in court, and the general courtroom aftermath of giant superhero showdowns.

-A one-shot or limited series about a police officer who finally takes it upon himself to just shoot the Joker and kill him. He succeeds, but he doesn't expect there to be as much negative backlash against him as there is. He gets shunned by everyone to the point that he starts finding the irony of the situation funny. A little bit *too* funny, and he slowly goes insane and warps into another version of the Joker.

-A campy, non-canonical adventure of Batman having to run for Mayor of Gotham as Batman after multiple supervillans try running as mayor and start getting enough support to actually get elected.

Other urls found in this thread:

kinnikuman.wikia.com/wiki/Stereo_Cassette_King
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lame.

Bruce Wayne is mysteriously locked out of the bat cave and needs to fight crime without any of his high tech gear, let alone the Batman identity. Intended to be humorous but shows off Bruce's ingenuity using basic resources and the environment around him, limited issues.

Limited issues: With the help of some shenanigans, the Phoenix Force achieves a zenith of power and, for one day, resurrects restless souls. Mostly it's cathartic stories where people take care of unfinished business or get to say goodbye to loved ones. Some stories might be about vengeance/justice, but I'm not looking for a dark tone. I just want to tell an uplifting story that respectfully repairs damage done by a lot of modern events without overtly spitting in the faces of the people who wrote them.

Elseworld Story: Batman goes overboard and kills the Joker. Gordon and the Batfamily are shocked by this. Batman flees and continues to kill criminals in a stealthy fashion. The batfamily tries to stop him, they search the batcave only to see he's not there. Tim Drake checks the safehouses that Batman has and sees he's using one of them. He confronts him only to learn that the Joker is alive but is dying since Batman is torturing him to death. Tim tries to reason with Batman but its too late. He keeps Tim hostage. The batfamily finds Batman and Jason wants to kill Batman but Nightwing says no, they have to be better than him. Ultimately, they do capture Batman after nearly outwitting some of his plans and hand him over to the authorities. They take off the mask and reveal its Bruce Wayne. The rest of the batfamily turn themselves in for vigilantism. Gordon shocked to see Barbara with them. Tries to get the batfamily off charges since they were trying to stop Bruce but fails. Bruce gets sent to the Slab: a supervillain prison. While the Batfamily get sent to separate prisons. Years later they meet up to reminisce. Dick and Barbara date and the Batfamily debates whether they should continue or not since they legally can't do vigilante work. Ultimately they can't but Dick does end up mentoring an aspiring vigilante in the proper way of crime fighting.

About a kid whose mother is an ex-SWORD agent. After the death of their parent the kid finds an alien artifact while going through their parent's belongings, it attaches to him and ends up giving him powers: slightly increased strength, ability to see weaknesses in non-biological objects (sort of like Karnak), and maybe a few others extras. Ends up building a suit that is nigh indestructible (due to being able to get rid of all the weaknesses) and goes off fighting crime to get away from an increasingly fucked up home life. More into crime fighting as a way to vent than anything else, so is very violent, plus the alien tech is effecting him, so is sometimes a borderline villain.

Might have his ability to create technology more from his own expertise than from the alien tech, the tech just sort of augments his tech skills.

Might also have him eventually become a more cosmic hero by finding the ship the alien tech originally came from.

Name would be Supernaut.

Have more possible ideas involving this character, will post more if anyone is interested.

It'd only be good if it delved into him becoming a villain or anti-hero. Otherwise it sounds super generic.

sounds great user. I want to undo One More Day and Civil War but I'm trying to figure out how.

I don't understand why I'd have a crew of writers if I'm the writer?
Am I just pitching ideas?

Sounds nice user. So will it make fun of feminists or be more of a sailor moon thing? Will Ares be involved?

Bruce Wayne and whatever Robin are reading the news in the den saying they've been busy fighting crime and need to get caught up on the news. Bruce Wayne reads the paper from "two days ago" while Robin reads from whatever electronic device the artist wants to draw. They are interrupted by an alert that Condiment King is holding a restaurant hostage.

Cut to outside the restaurant and cops barricading the place are giving exposition. They are reading Condiment King's file, and note 1: Condiment King just got out of prison 2: he has already released a lot of hostages but they aren't sure how many are left. In the background Batman and Robin sneak in while the cops exposit.

Inside Batman and Robin finds the restaurant with food still on the tables, but no sign of Condiment King or any hostages. Robin points to abandoned ice cream quips the place is desserted and notes how long it has been there based on how melted it is. In the back room they find Condiment King cowering and he immediately surrenders to them.

Condiment King explains the Joker has been trying to kill him and they need to protect him. When asked why he notes the two were featured in a political cartoon accompanying an editorial mocking the Gotham justice system's inability to keep either of them locked up (This was visible on Bruce Wayne's newspaper during the opening accompanying an editorial on Gotham's weak justice system) and Joker is pissed off his mastery being compared to such an amateur. Batman says he's going back to jail, but Condiment King begs him noting Joker breaks out of there all the time, breaking in would pose no difficulty and it would just be setting him up to die. Robin agrees and Batman relents. Batman notes the Joker is too scatterbrained to keep "minor" grudges for more than a week/month/whatever rate new Batman comics are currently published. They agree if Batman protects him till the Joker forgets about the cartoon. Now Batman must protect a criminal from the Joker.

I'd want to do a DC/Marvel crossover story, featuring the two characters from those two respective companies who are from the 'real world' and are aware that they're in a comic book.

Or in other words, Gwenpool and Superboy Prime sit down together in a room somewhere to read comic books, make jokes, and complain about the state of the modern comic book industry.

I would read that.

A story set in the Young Justice animated series universe dealing with Billy Batson (child) admitting to Batman that he is Captain Marvel (adult) and how he wants to get into the Justice League even though he is effectively near Superman-esque powers but with the knowledge of a child. And that Batman out of all the JL superheroes is the only one he trusts with this secret.

Also might result in awkward training sequences between the two of a non-superpowered individual (Batman) teaching someone how to use their powers effectively (Billy).

Wait did Batman know his secret in the show? When Billy's secret was revealed everyone seemed kind of shocked and upset about it.

I have a few ideas:

Batman knew the entire time.

Here's some idea I got kicking around:

That second one sounds awesome. That kind of reminds me of Prometheus for some reason.

If I can use my own original characters then I have an idea.

Takes place in Hawaii. Hawaiian dude works at tourism place and one day discovers he has shark powers. Shark powers come from aumakua which is a Hawaiian family spirit. He's distraught because he was raised Christian and it conflicts with his beliefs. Tons of police corruption going on and the Hawaiian guy tries to do things the lawful way to stop criminals by calling the police. He gets fed up and makes his own costume from a wetsuit and becomes the Shark Man. Powers include Super strength, skin like that of a shark, senses like a shark's, fast under water, deadly on land and when he smells blood he loses control and transforms into full shark monster mode. He can partially transform into shark mode for certain body parts like his head and has strong jaws and razor sharp teeth. He's kind of like a Daredevil/Nightwing analogue. Recurring villain will be an Australian mercenary with a hook for his right hand. He hates Shark man because he bit off his hand in a fit of rage. Shark man feels guilty for losing control and has internal struggle to keep control of it.

Overarching villain is a Hawaiian politician who masquerades as a criminal underworld boss who uses black magic. He does this to try and make things better by putting the mob under his control and ultimately making Hawaii his own utopia. Think Kingpin from the Daredevil Netflix series for his motivation.

Actually the concept was based on this: kinnikuman.wikia.com/wiki/Stereo_Cassette_King

I learned about Prometheus waaay too late to be honest.

OK, I got another idea…and I have to admit that I'm taking a page from Kinnikuman here but here's the deal, what if once every 4 years, the hero community held a Superhero Olympics?

How would you prevent Superman from winning all of them?

Simple…he figured that it wouldn't be fair so he bow out as a competitor…but still joins in as an official.

That user posting Kinnikuman gave me an idea.

Alternate universe where every superhero and villain is actually a pro-wrestling personality and their wrestling moves are all based on their original powers or abilities.

Well thats nice of him.

Well, Superman has been known to be a good sport.

I'd read a lot of the comics in this thread. I'm also glad this thread came up because I recently had an idea for a run on Detective Comics.

Basically, go back to the original idea of a noir detective showcase. Each issue has a main story (usually an ongoing in 3-4 parts) focusing on Batman, Martian Manhunter or Human Target purely as detectives. It would leave out big 'event' stuff, almost in a separate continuity, and would be very noir with quite dark themes. Actual dark stuff, serial killers, rapists, torturers, criminal empires.

That would be contrasted with the second story, which would be one shots or maybe two parters with Elastic Man, Slam Bradley and other lighter heroes, new and old, in happier, more carefree adventures that each have different creative teams.

Do they fug?

dr fate doing dr fatey things, like killing vampire by converting him to christianity or becoming queen of detroit.

Superoku vs DoomCell

This event should be called DBZ vs DC.
It should start with Goku and superman fighting. But they end up put muting their differences aside and learn to work as a team.

Dubs, I remember on deviantart there was some fan drawing of superman characters as DBZ characters, The Batman characters were ninjas and the Wonder Woman characters were drawn like Sailor Moon.

I had the same idea for that particular crossover but it's because of Mr. Mxyzptlk decided to find strong fighters from different universes and he picked Goku, tricking him into thinking Superman is evil. But when Goku fought Superman, he figured that he's actually a good guy and Mx summoned Doomsday or Darkseid and Majin Buu and fused them together, forcing Goku and Superman to work together and do the Fusion Dance to stop Doom Buu/Dark Buu as Go-Lel/Kal-Ku…and it ends with Whis dealing with Mx while Goku and Superman had a laugh.

Clean Up Crew

Since Marvel is so keen on the idea that all super heroes are dicks who don't "care about the little guy" and leave more destruction in their wake than justice, I'd want a series of bottom-tier superheroes whose job is literally just clean up and repair.

All of them can have weak or useless powers that make them unfit to fight supervillains or aliens. Maybe they could be trained to harness their powers in better ways and achieve a modicum of combat effectiveness, but no team wants them anyways.

Their leader could be a low level telepath whose power only works if he can have extended conversations with a person. So his job is literally just to pester city officials over and over until his power clicks and they agree to sign his team to custodial contracts.

The rest of them all have dinky powers that come in handy when repairing and cleaning up, but because they are effectively just janitors, they get treated like shit by the public.

The series could focus on them trying to make ends meet, struggling to be respected for what they do. There could also be part of the story told through how the destruction happening, with them piecing together the battles through the collateral damage. Like pouring concrete and repairing roads after the Hulk came stomping through, or scrubbing off scorchmarks from Iron Man's repulsor blasts.

Doesn't Marvel have that already with the Damage Control already?

They haven't done much with it in quite a while. It's mostly been relegated to off-hand mentions and the occasional audience wink.

Other than that, Damage Control was largely very business oriented and only occasionally featured superhero guest stars as members of the team.

I'm thinking something more along the lines of Ghostbusters crossed with the game Viscera Cleanup Detail

Ah ok then. Still bugs me what they did with Damage Control in Civil War.

Now that is something worth reading

That actually sounds good

In Astro City, the cleanup dudes are usually people who don't have the stomach or courage for fighting evil, but still want to do good.

There should be consistent references to them. Anytime the superheroes fight, they mention that they need to.have called them. They could even use them for shit talking.

"HQ, call Damage Control. Nah, it'll be a small job."

>Do they fug?

I'm pretty sure Prime is old enough to be Gwenpool's father, so yes.

Is there anything that Astro City didn't do right? Such a great fucking series.