You know what I hate most about this show?

You know what I hate most about this show?

The fact that it's actually pretty competently made, has some solid cinematography, sets, stunts and actors (with some exceptions such as Kid Bruce Wayne/McDullStupidFace), yet instead of using all that talent to make an actually awesome Batman show, they wasted it on a shitty premise that can't even stand on its own without bringing in well-known villains and supporting characters from the Batman mythos before they were even supposed to be around.

Seriously, fuck Warner Bros. and their refusal to greenlit a live-action Batman TV show. Greedy assholes.

The Smallville syndrome is strong. Hell I'd call this worse than smallville, cause at least Clark does interesting shit sometimes.

Agreed

The only characters that should have been in this show were Gordon, Bruce, and Cobblepot.

When the show started, I thought it might actually be pretty good. For the first few episodes, it was about the only straight cop in the city trying to do his job. That was fucking great.

This. They want to stretch it out for 10 seasons where they can end the show with Batkid in a suit.

He still has a clone. Imagine if… gasp… he grows old faster than Bruce and becomes Batman first?

But who cares about Batman? I watch it for the villians. I think it wouldn't be a good Batman show considering the cheese it sometimes delivers.

They know they'll never top what's already out there.

Cheese with Batman can be good. Great even if done right. But a show without Batman with all his villains having shitty retoolings that's supposed to be taken seriously having cheese is a problem.

.>>714231
Wat?

They could've done a show about Gordon trying to clean up GCPD and Bruce coming to maturity.
They could've done Gotham Central.
They could've done Batman: Year One.
They could've done The Long Halloween.

Instead they did this.

I really can't get over how bad Kid Bruce's actor is. The kid is absolutely shit tier at acting, or maybe it is the writers, but either way it's bad. Also I can't stop looking at all his jewish features and thinking how that kid will never fill out enough to be a believable Bruce Wayne.

Also unless they hook Barbara Kean up with Gordon again, there will never be a Barbara Gordon.

Yep he does.

And seeing that people are shocked about this in a thread about Gotham proves that Gotham-threads keep getting made without anyone actually watching the show to properly discuss it.

I watch it and all it does is remind me that Thomas Wayne Jr. aka Owlman would have made an interesting alternative to batman.

Very true. What this show needs is a non-Bruce Batman.

I'd even be okay with, which would be ridiculous, Thomas faking his death and ending up as Batman, which he most likely was anyway.

Would Arrow be considered as the better non-Batman batman tv show?

Arrow? I thought the show was called Felicity.

Also, no. I'll never forgive them for completely butchering Green Arrow's mythos and starting this trend of "Who cares if Killer Frost has nothing to do with Flash? Who cares if Felicity was originally a Firestorm character? Ain't nobody got time fo' that shit!"

Well they do tone down Felicity in season 5 but yeah I don't blame you for being pissed.

I'm still pondering on why it looks as if Barbaras mother is the most insane character in the entire show.

According to Year One, Barbara went crazy and killed herself or something, but Jim named his daughter after her.

So I guess in Gotham, Barbara went crazy, so he gets a daughter with someone else, naming her Barbara.

Whiiich would be awkward.

Did you fucking read Year One?

Casual watchers won't notice that about the name Barbara. But anyone with basic knowledge about batgirl will know there are multiple levels of "WTF" in that alone.

You're right user, it would have been pretty easy for them to make a terrible show based on what we're already seeing from Gotham.

They were clearly trying to go for a Gotham Central type thing but I think the problem is that Warners/DC don't want any Live-Action Batman appearing anywhere but the movies. They've had this policy going back to at least Smallville, because I think the Smallville producers originally wanted to make a series about Bruce Wayne before he became Batman, travelling the world and shit. So it's another instance of DC/Warners shooting themselves in the foot, especially since if they did Gotham Central Batman himself wouldn't have to show up very often

Oh shit wait, she was alive, right?
Where the hell did I read that she killed himself?

No idea

I know you're speaking truth, but god damn that is the most frustrating thing.

TV can do things that Movies can't and I don't think the movies are doing Batman or Superman justice. DC would rake in a shit load of money if they approved either, just from the increase in comic sales and toy sales.

It's illogical for DC not to create a superhero show of the same caliber as The Flash. It's like they hate money.

That could've been great! The story of Bruce as a young man, traveling to exotic locales and learning to master his rage and grief while learning martial arts and detective skills, experimenting with vigilantism and wrestling with the temptation to just be a lazy rich man.