Did Marvel vs Capcom do a good job representing Marvel heroes?

Most of the post and pre battle seems pretty nice to listen to for a fighting game.

they did a better job representing Marvel heroes than Marvel does. It's a shame we didn't get the Story Mode they promised initially.

Where there any details about the story mode?

yeah, during interviews they said there was going to be a pretty indepth story mode that brought the two universes together and explained everything. I assume it was scrapped due to time constraints… of course, if it were a Marvel writer working on it that may have been a blessing in disguise.

Storm and Amaterasu come together to teach Iron Man to turn away from his womanizing ways

pretty much, I cringe at the thought of what Marvel would actually write for an in depth video game story.

then again, they couldn't have been that bad like, around 2010? 2012?

It was okay I guess, but there really isn't a whole lot of story for them to fuck up either side anyway.

Kind of a shame, I'd read the shit out of a She-Hulk crossover with Phoneix Wright.

Provided of course it was written by anybody other than whoever works at modern Marvel.

I could imagine it right now:

>Writing team is a 'diverse' (read: overzealously progressive and feminist) selection of writers from Marvel itself. They somehow manage to integrate their usual clumsy and tacky politicking into a FIGHTING GAME, of all places.

>Essentially becomes the fighting game equivalent of Memelands™.

Luckily, none of the writers in Marvel ever get involved with any of the video games, so MVC is 100% safe.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the worst of all:

eh, i doubt casuals could do the 1 touch kills and death mixups

I want a good roster. I liked Rocket Racoon, But one thing I really want now is black panther and Mr Fantastic.

This is fucking terrible idea and will not be executed well. Comic company crossover events are pretty hit and miss; coming up with a story that somehow combines a Marvel universe and multiple Capcom universes will probably end up like Smash Bros Brawl's subspace emissary. As in fanfictiony garbage that overstays it's welcome real quick. Look what happened with MK vs DC.

Fighting games like this are better off having little bits of character story here and there. Characters interacting with each other and their own individual endings and the like. There's no way to come up with a good storyline on why Frank West can beat up the Hulk with a pushbroom or why everyone is coincidentally in teams of three.

I'm a big fighting game fan, and I'm dreading a Marvel vs Capcom 4, only because I know they're going to shove in Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, and other Diversity First heroes that they want to advertise and desperately pretend people are buying.

fuck off

Reminds me of the second Sonic and Mega Man crossover, that was a fucking mess. Shame, since the first one was pretty good. (Basically Wily and Eggman being the best evil friends ever)

Meh, TBH I think actually like DC vs Mortal Kombat better.

With that cuck Perlmutter in charge, they'll never approve of Fantastic Four characters being in the game. Hell, they had to struggle to keep at least Sentinel for MvC3, I imagine there was some fighting to keep Storm and Magneto as well due to the movie licensing stuff (simply because Perlmutter was pissy about characters Marvel doesn't have the rights to).

If we do get a MvC4, I wouldn't be surprised if the only mutant we got in it was Scarlet Witch. They'd probably push Inhumans in, and the only ones would be all that visually interesting to me would be Medusa and Ms. Marvel. Everyone with a movie or Netflix show would be in for sure.

The whole game was awesome considering it was from Japan and showing US superheroes. Much dedication went into it.

It made me like Deadpool and I hate Deadpool.
Interesting how he was like movie Deadpool long before the movie was released.
They also added the complete Avengers. If they had waited longer, the game would have been a more marketable success.

And Dr. Doom is hilarious! That's the Doom I want to see in a movie.
It kinda sucks though that instead of the Fantastic Four, we got Super Skrull. And no Venom. They said it wasn't possible to make him with that engine but I call bs on that one.

I'd love to see Gwenpool, but no down syndrome Squirrel Girl please.

So the main theme as well as the Guardians intro themes will be OOOGA CHAKA OOOGA CHAKA…

Memelands 2 please. Memelands 1 was an ambitious game.

Don't forget Ghost Rider.

No, remove ALL of Liefelds characters from history please.

Daredevil should totally be in there. Actually, they mention him and there is a Daredevil stage in MvsC3.

I hope you mean Injustice.

At least the DC/MK game didn't have all the characters spaz out and flip around like a glitchy Hatsune Miku Dance video.

No user, not the original Omega Red. His much more badass "Solid Snake" clone.

Wasn't Omega Red a Jim Lee character?

Never implied either. Gwenpool's fine. I just said that to avoid any possible overreacting faggots from sperging up.

Yeah, he was. Don't know what the hell user was on about. Omega Red had the best playstyle because his coil-based attacks did a ton of damage. Also, his theme was basically [☭ R U S S I A N ☭ A E S T H E T I C S ☭ ].

Black Panther. Fuck yeah. Give him a Jackknife Maximum and his own Berserker Claw special.

I still remember this. Funny how that changed after the movie.

Hell I think he had the British accent in Avengers EMH.

I think Worlds Unite/Collide was a decent crossover. One of the two anyways, I haven't read both.

(although, I wouldn't mind miles as a playable character. I wouldn't mind some of the stuff he has in a moveset)

Miles? Oh boy, Spiderman's really getting the shotoclone treatment now, isn't he?

his voice lines were pretty funny tbh

Eh, I was thinking more of the fact that he wouldn't be a 100% clone of spiderman. Then again, this is just reminding me of smash bros and all those clone characters like roy and marth. Don't think it'll be that good an idea

May is the superior option for that

actually, scrap all that.

CAPCOM PATCH YOUR GAME MORE THAN ONCE

Worlds Collide was shit because it was canon.

what was wrong with worlds collide?

You mean fapbait?

Oh she's good for faping, but she's also a good character.