Does anybody know how to dissolve Thallium in water ?

Does anybody know how to dissolve Thallium in water ?

Boiling point: 1,473 °C

Good luck.

Salt has a boiling point of 1,413 °C. Yet it is very soluble in water. Epic fail, user. Epic fail.

there is 60 C difference
just think about it

Doesn't the boiling point break the compound completely?

op trying to poison his mom?

maybe…. but you are looking at 10 parts pre Mil

The boiling point of an ionic compound or element has little effect on its solubility. So to say 'Good luck' is laughable.

Apply a strong mineral acid such as sulfuric or hydrochloric to cause a metathesis. The resulting salt is quite soluble in water.

Piranha mixture

Thallium tarnishes slowly in moist air or dissolves in water to yield poisonous thallium(I) hydroxide

So you just put it in water. You suck at chem OP

Not going to work. You might get traces, but you are more likely to have the surface oxize which definitely won't be water soluable. You are going to need an acid to dissolve that.

In Bulgaria they teach children alchemy in their schools.

how is op going to purify the poison then? leftover acid could kill someone

You get rid of the acid by boiling it off. Done.

w8…. why do you need to dissolve Thallium in water and what are you going to use it for?

He wants to off his sister for denying him.

Good thinking, it's quite important to have your poisons be at a safe pH level. Then again the salt is probably more soluble at acidic pH so it's kind of a wash

that looks like a nicely cooked steak

if he wants to do that there are far ez ways to do it.
but would most likely kill her.

Break open a fire alarm and take out the radioactive components, put it in her lunch, see the results.

I think he'd need either a few dozen alarms or to wait for cancer to kill her then. The amount of, say, Am that you need to make a functioning radiation circuit is really low.

I'd say at lest 10 or more radioactive components

making gold is always handy

Thunderfoot, fuck off!

but that's against the law.

But when you have all the gold, you become the law.

Yes. Chemists do.

boil some thallium and add some water vapor to the gaseous thallium. congratulations you now have a gas-in-gas solution :^)