I feel the need to validate my choices by arguing with a bunch of autists...

I feel the need to validate my choices by arguing with a bunch of autists. The NSA also asked me to collect some more data.

Let's do this.

Templates

Cool. Here's mine.

I already use steam so all that should be with the NSA already

This is mine

Literally an anti-feature. You are limiting yourself in cooling performance and potential future expansion, all at the same time spending just as much, if not more for your faggot shoebox sized case, than you would be for a devent mid-tower.
If you have room for a monitor, keyboard, mouse on an obnoxiously large mousepad, and a computer chair then you have room for a full size case.
The only, and I mean only, excuse is the cases with handles and shit for lan parties. But that would require you to have friends wouldnt it?

I had one of those Corsair PSUs, it broke and is sitting on a corner. I also had a Corsair CPU watercooler that broke. Not buying Corsair again.

Mine TX750 PSU broke too, when I wiggle PSU housing a little it powers down. I have already opened, cleaned and inspected it, but nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. Even the capacitors looked okay, I was surprised to see Nippon Chemi-con brand capacitors inside. I think they deliberately make PSUs fail when warranty runs out, just to buy more of their shit, but I am certainly not buying anything Corshair ever again.

Don't think brands matter in this day and age, unless you go extreme high end all of them are from the same factory in china with different stickers on

The other sticker costed me half as much and still works though.

haven't made a new one of these in years, so here ya go

Good goy

data mining thread? data mining thread.

My case is designed for efficient air flow and to hide as much cabling as possible. It doesn't have drive cages blocking airflow unlike regular mid-towers and gives the components that actually need air direct airflow(see first pic).
The only expansion I ever plan on doing is replacing my GPU, adding more RAM in my free slots, and replacing my SATA drives with an M.2 drive.
The ATX version of my case costs $50 more and a similar ATX mobo would be about the same price.
My mousepad is 22cm x 18cm you stupid nigger.

I could buy a mid-tower, but I would be buying something larger than I need. All a Micro-ATX mobo is is an ATX with some explansion slots cut out (see second pic, middle is Micro-ATX and right is ATX if you're too much of a nigger to tell). I only ever plan to use my expansion slots for a single GPU so why do I need fucking several expansion slots when I can have just a few?

AMD 6350 processor
R9 280X graphics card
16GB RAM Just in case
Shitty Microsoft ergonomic keyboard from the early '90s
CST trackball
Runs a locked down Windows Server 2008 R2, and doesn't hold sensitive info
Has Winamp for music and lots of vidya

T420
Runs MX Linux, because it's AntiX with a little more meat
XFCE desktop
Chromium for a browser, because Firefox has been fucking up lately
Emacs for text editing, VLC for audio and video
All my code is in Perl and OCaml, with some lua and C

Cubietruck with 1TB HDD. Currently migrating to an Olimex Micro with a different HDD using FTP from one to the other, because I'm a fucking idiot. I'm too lazy to stop it now, so I'm just copying a terabyte over my shitty home network

You and I are not so different, user

Your post sounds like you read a lot of marketing promo material to rationalize your poor choice in case. Do you know why computer cases have hard drive cages near the fans? Because the fucking hard drives get hot too.

lulz

OH MY GOD I'M SO UPSET BY THIS POST!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAA user URE SO KEWL

Ok I will admit one part does sound a bit like marketing promo but I can assure you that I'm talking about it from experience with both my case and regular mid-towers
It allows for good temps, it doesn't have any less features than a mid-tower, I like it and my friends like it.
The 3.5" drive cages are near some air vents and I've never seen their temps get above 35oC

high quality jpeg edition

Same, except rtorrent instead of Deluge and ncmpcpp instead of cmus.

This one gave me a good chuckle when I got to the mouse.

Windows 10 (pls no hurt)
Whatever languge they want it in
Notepad++
Transmission because it makes a qt little ding when it's done
MS paint because I don't do graphics
VLC
Nothing to backup except rare pepes

Not gonna post prices because my local currency would be irrelevant to you fags anyway.
Also holy fuck this was too much work.

thread fucking filtered

additionally:

What Ubuntu variant is that?

Headphones: Maxell RetroDJ
Storage: WD Raptor Enterprise Storage 160gb

What am i doing on this PC?
Shitposting, doing some programming(still learning alot) and retro gayming, surfing etc...

fuckin pajeet

gtk version gives you "ding" when finished also...

Why do you guys barely know any languages?

I mean I'm a total amateur but at least I know a little C++, C and Lisp. You guys are all pathetic and I'm profoundly disappointed.

lamo the memes write themselves

the computer parts listed are for my gaymen machine, it runs arch and windows,
and then i have a laptop from system76 that only runs arch.\
i have yet to decide which browser i want to use, i really like qutebrowser but im having difficulty getting an
adblock that actually removes the css/html elements from the page (cause it ships with a host file thing but i block
all that at the router level, so its pointless)

forgot to add mpv for linux video. vlc is just for windows.

also

samefag

Why'd you go intel for a mid-range CPU? You could have gotten an AMD for similar price and performance with much less bullshit. Your vidya card is pretty low too (I have the same one, good but not worth i5), I bet it bottlenecks all your gayems.

How do you like that case? Is it aesthetic and respects your feng shui? Where do you keep it?

I have the same mouse, it's pretty nice. Best one I found for my palm grip. >tfw no more mx518 and my g500 died

Also if you like Npp you should check out Notepadqq.

Is this just a slightly more suddle than average shit post? Or are you retarded?

overspending? how so? (honest question)

and also maybe you're the retarded one, basically everyone knows razer mice are top notch /especially/ the death adder (plus its nice and big and fits my ham fists)

oh and justification for the 64gb of ram, when i retire this computer its getting turned into a server (which is also part of my justification for the cpu, becasue again i do know that the cpu is way overkill for gaming), so YES i do know that literally no game uses 64 or even 32 but im planning for the future when i re-purpose the machine

alright, can somebody tell me what parts I'm still doing wrong? I'm sure there's something I'm missing
VMs are a huge meme and I'm not going to use them

64GB? what are you planning on doing with it?

oh yeah really HIGH TECH user but what kind of hardware has your server got

in the future, potential renting of server space, VPSs and the likes as well as maybe some kind of rendering service that i could "rent out" as a time share service.

(also just to host my own inane bullshit)

Hi, NSA!

HAIL SATAN

well that explains the computer, or lack there of.

I miss living in the upper-middle class...

afrikaans

Fuck that took longer than I would have liked.

jesus
You wanna gib some extra moni since you clearly have too much yourself, go- buddy?

Where do you put the PSU?

its a two-chamber case, the left side holds the mobo and shit, the right side holds your mess of cables, the psu, and your drives.

Ah, neat

get decent speakers for 250$, you will enjoy your life more.

I got the edifier rd2730 they have the best quality for the available price

Win7, chrome and BitTorrent.

Get off.

he's joking, friend

Heres mine

Not not trying to hang shit on you I'm just curious, Why use mac over windows or linux?

You can compile for every operating system with a mac including ios. You can't do that with Linux. But that's what I think. I don't know about user, but I don't know any other reason other than stability but even then is tipping boundaries.

I don't like the windows bonnet and in my experience linux has been really unstable.

What distros did you try?

And I hope to christ you're using a hacintosh.

FAT MOUSE

That's a pre2k meme. Haven't seen that one in action in a long time.

OP here. I got a new laptop for uni so have some new software to have some autistic arguments over.

I don't even use graphics/music/video/environment.

but its not you retarded nigger

do you just blindly copy marketing pictures? or were you retarded enough to make this on your own?

This is over 2-3 years of having this rig. The PC itself was around 1300 for awhile. This also doesn't take into account upgrading all the fans with two 120mm exhaust on top, two 120mm intake on front, 200m intake on the side, exhaust 140mm on the back. Then add NZXT Fan hub to that along with a Tri Monitor Stand so that I can have my monitors just like how it is in the picture.

Did you even bother to look at other pics of it before saying that? Any retarded degenerate could look at pics of my case and pics of conventional mid-towers and tell you mine has better air flow and cable management. gr8 claim nigger.

Yeah I get the marketing pic isn't very accurate but it's just an example of how efficiently the air moves with minimal space and obstructions between the components and the ventilation.

Samefag.

Samefag.

More!
I have 16 gigabytes of ram.

bravo

What meme?
I AM using car speakers. I built a wooden box for them, so they look pretty cool.