Joint Literary Venture

Okay, I tried it on 4chan a year back before I was permabanned. I'll try it here now. My hopes aren't high.
Who wants to join for a novel? We'll all write a piece and we will put it on Amazon Kindle.
Might only make a few hundred bucks but think how good it'll look on a resume when you say you've written a book.

I'm in.

Every written any stories?

Sure. I've got nothing better to do.

that's brave

try something novel? how about a mixed media story, composed of text, images, sound, hypertext links
also, you must be joking.

We'll take a few things from here:
>>>/cyoa/
And we'll write different scenes, and then put the bad ends up as bad ends in a VN-type format.

Basically, a glorified picture book. Doesn't sound like it would do jack shit.

4/lit/ already wrote a book a few years ago:
"A Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra"

Yeah, I've written shortstories and roleplays as countries, politicians, terrorists and criminals since I was 13ys old.
We will have to get in touch through another medium though, as you undoubtedly know yourself. Can't stay on Holla Forums if we're going to cooperate.

try something novel? how about a mixed media story, composed of text, images, sound, hypertext links
also, you must be joking.
I'd rather not have images in the book tbh. Seems kind of childish.

This is a lie. We will stay on Holla Forums.

lol
just checked it on Amazon.
How long did they take to write it? Do you know? How many anons were involved?

Yep we'll stay on Holla Forums.

Around 3500 people were involved. Not sure how long it took to write. It was being written pre exodus though.

This can never work out if we contain this to an imageboard where threads disappear once they reach bump limit and get shat out off page 10.

I knew this was a low-effort fantasy. If youwere really interested in committing you wouldn't be too lazy to take this off of Holla Forums.

cool but I can't say something with it's user charm and wit would look good on a resume.
INTERVIEWER: So what notable things have you done with your life?
user: I wrote a book.
INTERVIEWER (impressed): Oh, really? What's its name?
user: A Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra
INTERVIEWER goes on Amazon to check
INTERVIEWER (looking at user like a mental patient): This is very strange, Mr. user.
user: Yeah. I was going for a Principia Discordia feel.
INTERVIEWER: Okay, well, that's it for today. We'll call you.
Interviewer never called

Make a new board nigger.

"Once upon a time, or now is that time, OP was a faggot."
The End.

…And we can't possibly write together due to your inability to function as a proper human bean.

"The End"

Forgot your quotation marks my good man

Here's how you do it:
The threads are for discussing the plot/general direction of the book.
Have 1 communal pastebin where the official book is stored.
Anons who wish to participate continue the Story from where it left off.
We decide in the thread which version of events goes into the official pastebin.

Can't make new boards since April fool's hack

yep, gmail is best

What'll google do? Steal a shit-tier book to make some cash on the side?
C'mon, you spooks are too paranoid

Yes

So, you're gonna join the joint venture? With an imagination like that, you'll be an asset to the team.

Don't expect any level of commitment from me, but I might give a hand in getting the ball rolling.

First things first: we'll need to have enough people to go along with it to have some popular consensus on the things which need to be decided before the book gets written.
Are we doing sci-fi, historical fiction, fantasy, psychological thriller, something else, or some mix of a few genres? First person or third person? Who is the main protagonist? Is it going to be dark, humorous, exciting, etc.?

The bottom line is: we need to get some people involved in discussing the broader scope of the book. Once that's taken care of, we'll probly have people voluntarily throwing their two cents at it.

Bumping for user(s) who said he was in