Data Embed thread

ITT: submit scripts for steganography and embedding
The code here allows you to create a video based on a file to be put on YouTube without fear of compression.
pastebin.com/BDwvVtBa

Can someone encode binary data to audio as well?

What is Morse code?

I meant binary to .wav file conversion (320kbps), with no loss of compression after compressed to 128kbps?
(JPEG are grouped by 4x4, 8x8 or 16x16 blocks, so there are ways to avoid compression)

*.raw, not .wav

In principle this is entirely possible and was in fact at one point a primary form of encoding binary data via cassette tape storage and old phone modems. The "modem noises" you hear is literally just the sound of binary data going through a phone line to the ISP. If you play an old Home Computer Cassette tape in a normal tape deck it sounds much the same

But how do you make it so that it is compression-proof (assume mp3 320->128)?

bump

there's no efficient way possible.
if efficiency is not important, you can for example encode data as square wave with long enough minimal period, and some special marker at the beginning. (use principle is similar to barcode)

if recompression is not done by a third party, just use the target format right from the start (you'd need to study the file format in full detail if you want to replace content bits with arbitrary shit and still have it playable)

for representing arbitrary data in restricted format (where the set of possible values of a bit may depend on previous bits) learn about arithmetic coding

How the fuck do you think dial-up works?

Here try this!

From a *nix command line (I'm on Debian 9 atm):

cat image.jpg archive.zip >> stego.jpg

If you open stego.jpg as an image you should see image.jpg, and if you do this:

unzip stego.jpg

It should instantly unzip the contents of archive.zip. Try unzipping the pepe_stego.jpg attached, it should return kek.txt -- what does it say? assuming 8ch server doesn't strip the zip archive data, or reject this file altogether

This is insane, we could share software like this.

MODS ARE ASLEEP
POST SINKS

Pic related should be better for sharing

Actually I'm gonna go with this since that one is pretty predictable

Linux has a terminal and cat? I always thought Linux is a kernel.

Fuck off Stallman, GNU is a retarded name and it's only ever used in reference to the operating system ironically.

linux is a computer what would it be doing with a cat? is it like how you can type something and it'll show a cow?

Though here's a meme'd version just for you.

Saved.