Is the military a good career?

Is the military a good career?

no

OP here, I'm British by the way, so don't try this whole "you're fighting for Israel" bollocks

If I joined the British military it would be to protect and defend Britain, nowhere else.

Why not?

you'll either die or be severely injured. you can make a lot more money for that in the oil industry.

No.
Unless you plan on being and are comfortable with being an officer which pretty much requires sucking dicks and backstabbing your way up the ranks until you're at least a colonel before you can retire with a decent pension.

Yes, particularly if you qualify for a non-combat specialty.

Better pay and benefits than you will get straight out of high school, and you also have unmatched job security.

Holla Forums is a bad place to ask. Don't let it shape your opinion. Most of the autists here wouldn't qualify for the Army. Talk to a recruiter.

this tbh

This is what I mean when I say Holla Forums doesn't know what they're talking about.

You have to serve 20 years to get the pension. Whatever your rank is after 20 years, you will get a decent pension. Add to the fact that you will be retired in your forties with the ability to work while collecting your pension, and once you've reached Social Security age, you will collect that as well.

Depending on what direction you want to go, if you go the grunt route, expect gay shit to happen, as in, bad and homosexually shit. Depending on the MOS you pick as a grunt either expect to move up to Sargent fast or be the eternal E4, at higher ranks expect to do less physical work and more paper work. This is if you're not being deployed to a war zone.
As an officer, sucking cocks and back stabbing will be your best tool to move up, expect to see some of the most incompetent people in the military, hey, can't spell lost with LT. As an officer, don't think that you can push rank on senior NCOs, especially those with Command Sargent Major on their rank. Word from the wise, pussy that wears the uniform ain't worth it.. Don't plan on getting married while in the military either.

If I had a petroleum engineering degree then yeah, I would probably go and work in the oil industry. But I don't.

The advantage of the military is that they train you in very valuable skills, and they pay you while they're training you. That's a pretty good deal in my book.

Also sure, if you sign up as just an infantryman in the army then I guess you can die, but I'm thinking of the navy, which is slightly less lethal (although still potentially lethal). But I don't care about dying, as long as I can have some kids first. Fearing death is for cowards.

That's a very cynical way of looking at it. Anyway, the way I see it, if I don't like it then I can just leave. After training you have to give four years of service - after that you can leave. But it gives you very valuable transferable skills, which private sector employers will be impressed by.

You sound like snide nerds who do nothing with your lives. That isn't for me.

Yeah I should talk to a recruiter. Is this opinion based on personal experience of yours by the way?

I'm British so what you've said probably doesn't directly apply to me, but yes I think our military does still give good pensions.

Interesting. Is this based on personal experience of yours?

Why not? Both my grandfathers did.

The bastards masted me out over a DUI and took my GI bill half a year before I was to get out. Fuck the military. Not that I'm not enjoying the NEET life while waiting for a job to contact me back, having to put non-honorable discharge on every form is pissing me off. Every one of my evals was an EP, I had three warfare devices and promoted my first time up twice. One fucking DUI, nobody injured. Done. Fuck military niggers.

I wasn't saying that fighting for Israel is a bad thing, user.

Any Canadian army fags here?

I don't know how it works in the UK, but in the US, there is an incentive to get married. You get a housing allowance which allows you to move out of the barracks and live off-base.

It's true that you have to be very careful about gold diggers, because they are known to prey on military men. But that's what a pre-nup is for.

that a judge can throw in the trash if they feel it's "unfair"

Yeah, they told me I was domestic terrorist.
So that's what I became.

My dreamjob have always been being a professional soldier. Ever since I was a little kid I've wanted this.

But instead I was born with a fucked skeleton that pretty much fucked any hopes of doing any mildly physical activities.

Well both paths are headed for death I guess which definitely helps

It's better than nothin'.

Of course it's better to focus on your career and not get ensnared by the first woman you meet. But good women are out there looking to build a lasting relationship and a family, and if you have a good job and the prestige of military service, it will increase the quality of the woman you can get.

That sucks, but maybe you shouldn't have drink drived.

Yeah I think that's probably the same here, because I knew loads of kids at school who had dads in the navy, and they lived in navy-supplied housing. I.e. I think these houses were owned by the military and rented out to officers at a cheap rate. And I'm sure they only give these houses to officers with families. I guess it's slightly different to an allowance, but similar.

That sucks tbh fam. Hope you can find something great to do in your life.

I agree with this.

Before the navy jewwed my benefits me and a couple if my buddies jewwed them pretty good. Once you make E-5 they cover your rent. We just rented those properties out and racked up the cash and stayed at a small place we basically turned into a frat house. One of them even got "gay married" a term for when you just "marry" for the couple's pay. He hitched some chick from back home and sent her half the check.

When you say "jewing the navy" you really mean "jewing the taxpayer"

Anyway I probably wouldn't do that, personally I just want a good career so I can one day raise a family

You got that because you left. You are supposed to make your eternal life even at the cost of making the eternal lives of the least able to live. You tried to get a deal as leaving when by being enlisted you were already getting the best and only deal.

I know this feel. I am an absolute terror field with green zones sized large enough to be considered a sanctuary.

Genetic or happened anyone as your genetics would be a fucked skeleton?

If it is not because of your genetics then I would work with you.

thanks for the booze. faggot.

Dedicate the rest of your life to making superhuman exosuits. Either that or creating the largest pissbottle collection ever known for teh lulz.

Wat.

I'm not American so I didn't pay for your booze, "faggot" :D

Snaggletooth bong eh? We'll see if you still have that smirk on your face once we team up with Russia and dominate the planet. You went and fucking brexxited yourself so no nobody will help you when your people are starving and in debt.

Pigs will fly before that happens, my friend

We'll be fine my friend - and if we need military assistance then YOU will provide it due to NATO :)

Maybe if I had something to protect. But as it stands my country is only about 40% white and decreasing fast and nothing is being done about it. I've taken the blackpill and decided I'll just get an qt azn gf and live innawoods wither her and our children.

Through NATO exercises we've pretty much funded and trained your navy. If you had the balls to buck at us it wouldnt take long make you a third world country.

Sure. Steady paycheck, you get to shoot guns and blow shit up, shoot stupid sand-niggers and the like, and have all the foreign pussy you want.

Good god you are a piss poor excuse for an American. Brexit is the one thing that shows there is hope for the Bongs you useless waste of flesh. And I don't know if you noticed but Russia is far from teaming up with the US in anything. More like cold war 2.0.

if you can survive the possibility of being selected to be shot live ammunition at , and that does not bother you then the military is a fairly safe place , simply support peace and you can save money not wasting materials , .

You're just embarrassing yourself DeMarcus

You're right to be honest

Good to see there are some yanks with a brain

If you are patriotic and don't do it just for money, then yes, it could be good. But i wouldn't make such decision based on something some stranger said on internet.

The same thing is happening with Brexit that is happening with Trump's agenda. It's all being stalled by ZOG. Now they're talking about a "soft" Brexit.

Very true

One thing they've been discussing is that we could leave the single market, but stay in the customs union. Personally I reckon I would be okay with that compromise.

Coming out the single market is the thing I want the most, because it's the only way to end freedom of movement (unlimited immigration). Staying in the customs union is good for business (it means many, but not all, goods/services can be moved around Europe without paying tariffs). True, it means we can't make free trade deals with the rest of the world. But I think it's a good compromise measure - as I say, I just want to make sure we end freedom of movement. That's the priority for me.

That is true with most any political action. Really acheiving anything is a plus the way I see it so a soft brexit is better than none.

National Guard here. I graduated with my bachelors and went straight to OCS. Benefits are great, and if you land a job in AG you're pretty much set with a nice desk job.

depends how you feel about committing murder to make rich people more money and possibly losing limbs

Well then you see it wrong. None would literally be better than a soft brexit, or any brexit at all for that matter.

Actually we've established that you are a faggot and live in fairy land.

Maybe get an education then you'll be entitled to your shitty opinion

back to tumblr

When you're a soldier, everyone loves you. When you're a veteran, no one cares about you. Do whatever you want, but have a back up plan.

nah dude it's trash, did my 4 years and got out asap.
ausfag btw

I'm guessing you're gone by now but if you're not, can I ask what your position was?

Not sure if you're trolling or just retarded

It's easy to be snide when you're a loser behind a keyboard isn't it?

It can be. I know a guy who has been in the Navy for 12 years and has never once set foot on a boat. He does PR appearances, and color guard duties in parades, that sort of thing. That is all he does.
On the other hand, I had an uncle in Viet Nam (Marines) whose battalion had over a 90% mortality rate. It was a very short career (6 months) for him. He was 18.
So it really depends a lot on what job they give you to do…and despite what they tell you up front, you do NOT get to choose what that job will eventually be.

Absolutely not. Even if you survive training and your tour(s), life as a veteran is a daily exercise in degradation and humiliation. Think about it OP: do you want to come back to the world with PTSD? Alcoholism? Opiate dependence? A rare infectious disease? Not to mention any physical injuries you may sustain.

I'm willing to put my life on the line my friend. Plus you are ignoring all the many people that have successful careers. As I said earlier in the thread, I know a lot of people whose dads were officers in the navy. They were pretty successful.

Well I've looked at the Royal Navy (as I said I'm a Brit) quite a bit, and you definitely do choose your job when you apply. Of course I'm sure that you won't get to choose whether you deploy - you'll just get told to do so. But you know what your job will be.

Navy T-45 pilot here. Best damn job I ever had.

I don't know man, being a pilot in the Navy aint bad. Entered after school as an Officer and been in two years. 70K a year, barely "military-esque" lifestyle (pilot community extremely laid back), and get to fly jets. I put away 15% of my income into a ROTH IRA because I am a single male and still have dumb amounts of disposable income since most of my pay isn't taxed. Free healthcare, cheap life insurance, great medical care from flight surgeons, and lots of prestige. I think I may have the greatest job in the world.

Yes goyim, you must join now!

if you're the kind of faggot to "pull rank" on anybody, you won't have many friends in the military…

what is AG
btw deskjobs suck. fly.

Way ahead of you man.

It's definitely something you shouldn't jump in without giving a lot of consideration for. Everybody who has posted in this thread has valuable insights and should be used to weigh your decision.

Personally, I wouldn't join because such a job requires you to be exposed to extremely loud noises on a constant basis. I'd like to be a musician so I hope there isn't a draft anytime soon, otherwise I'd come back deaf, if at all.