Things that aren't as dangerous as everyone claims

See this fucker? I assume you have been told all your life that these things WILL FUCKING KILL YOU if you get bitten. These things are basically a death sentence, right? Unless you can get to a hospital right fucking now you're gonna die from a paralyzed diaphragm. That's what everyone says, anyway.

Well it's bullshit. Even if left completely untreated, a healthy adult will almost never die after getting bitten by a black widow. In fact, no one in the US has died from a black widow bite in over 10 years. You still probly wanna seek treatment but unless you're a small child or have AIDS you're probly gonna be fine.

Can anyone else think of things they were told all their lives were absolutely gonna kill you that turned out to be a bunch of shit?

Heroin jumps to mind.

This used to be the reputation Holla Forums had. And it needed that reputation to keep the normalfags away. Of course the internet could never kill you, but they thought it could, and we were as edgy as possible to keep them thinking that way. Now people have cracked down on that shit and newfags moved right in, going along with the faggoty pussy attitude that let them feel welcome here in the first place. We need to make them think we're dangerous again. They need to know there's always a good chance you'll get v& for coming here.

Nice try FBI

As long as jim runs this shitheap that will never happen.

My parents tried to tell me that the Jews weren't trying to kill me.

I'm more convinced then ever that they. Ever since CY.

Obligatory

White People…
Nazism…
North Korea…
Iran…
Racism…
Genocide…
Being Extremely Proud of My Mexican Culture, to the Point of Fascism and Excluding Everyone else…

Most drugs are not as dangerous as people claim.

Queso pizza

drinking bleach only gives you extreme nausea
cough syrup is more painful but deadlier

CP

Well Mr. Spirderstien is right though.
Even brown recluses aren't all that dangerous. There have been literally no deaths reported from them in anyone older than 7.

spiders are cancer tbh

Rape.

I hear some women actually like it and fantasize about it.

90%, user. 90% of women admit to it.

Spiders are bros.

t. not a spider

Dating a Muslim Girl With a Cute Face, Big Dick Sucking Lips, a Fat Ass, Big Hips and Big Tits…

Eh user, I think you wasted dubs fantasizing about a Thai dude wearing a towel on his head

ROCK SPIDERS ARE WORSE!

As a small child, this thing could seriously fuck you up. Generally, you stop being vulnerable once you weigh more than 50 pounds, but there's the very real possibility that a small child will see it crawling on them and just not know what to do, resulting in multiple bites. Worse if the kid runs into more than one in a shed or under a patio where they might panic and hurt themselves in other ways. Even as an adult, their bites hurt worse than bee stings and can leave nasty bruises.

I know that California doesn't need more marks against it, but black widows are extremely common around here and I hate them with the white hot fury of a thousand suns.

yeah, but fantasy rape and real rape are pretty different. when a woman fantasizes about rape she gets to pick who does it, and what he does. then when she gets real raped all of a sudden it isn't chad pinning her down and fucking her hard, it's some nigger knocking her teeth out

She's Indonesian, and I Have More Pictures of Her, but I Do Not Know Whether to Post Them or Save Them for Another Thread…
What to do??…

I will have to look this up. They are such a problem here that I moved out of one place (there were holes in the fucking wall) and currently I keep all my clothes and anything related in tubs, and studiously check over any blankets or sheets that get on the floor.

Now I just feel crazy. But having rotten holes, especially if not in a fleshy spot, is kinda scary. Not cancer scary but close.

what I'm hearing is that if you can pass as a chad, go for it

who cares?

heroin is only dangerous if you're an idiot

t. spider

thats not where they live and if an usa man get bitten, he survives, cuz he gets to the hospital quickly

Hurts like a bitch still, I was bit by a brown widow "Africa Cousin " and my entire arm swelled up. Dr gave me antibiotics to prevent skin infection but told me other then that I'd just have to wait it out. Got better after a month and gave me a bruise that lasted two years

yes
spiders are completely harmless

wtf i wanna fuck a spider now

Rock Spiders are bad, m'kay?

These little fuckers. If you get stung by one, it hurts like fuck, and you'll have numbness in the area for up to a day, but unless you are an infant or have a rare allergic reaction, that's all that happens.

these things can kill children. They are dangerous

racist

did u kno that in ur lifetime u swalow ovar 9000 spooders yet im stil alive so axplainj that

They will still cause an open sore, You would definitely rather NOT get bitten by one than be bitten by one. It's just not gonna kill you. Treat it like a hornet infestation that's harder to get rid of.

Yes it is. They're fucking everywhere in the US.
Not everyone who gets bitten by one ends up being rushed to the hospital, they still don't die.

Not an argument, :^)

"Not as dangerous as everyone claims" is not the same thing as "not dangerous."
I a child gets bit, rush him to the hospital ASAP. If you get bit, still call an ambulance but don't get all stressed thinking your life is at stake. It's probably not. While you're waiting, catch the spider so they know without plausible deniability that it was a black widow, wash the site of the bite with antibacterial soap to prevent infection, and keep it elevated to prevent swelling.

It's also worth noting that most black widow bites are dry bites. These things are extremely conservative with their venom. They will usually give a warning bite without wasting any because that's all they usually need to get you to back off. It's probably no surprise that they're more interested in keeping themselves alive than killing you.