Linux pioneer Munich poised to ditch open source and return to Windows

techrepublic.com/article/linux-pioneer-munich-poised-to-ditch-open-source-and-return-to-windows/

Politicians at open-source champion Munich will next week vote on whether to abandon Linux and return to Windows by 2021.

The city authority, which made headlines for ditching Windows, will discuss proposals to replace the Linux-based OS used across the council with a Windows 10-based client.

If the city leaders back the proposition it would be a notable U-turn by the council, which spent years migrating about 15,000 staff from Windows to LiMux, a custom version of the Ubuntu desktop OS, and only completed the move in 2013.

The new plan, put forward by officials in the CSU and SPD parties, states a Windows 10 client has to be ready for use across the council by 2021 at the latest.

The proposal aims to ensure that no later than by the end of 2020, a new Windows Basic Client should be the standard city client," a Munich city council spokesman said.

However, it seems as if LiMux and other open-source software could still be used until the Windows client is in place.

"In the transitional period, departments and business units can use this newly developed Windows-based client with standard products or can continue using a mixed client architecture of Windows and Linux depending on their individual circumstances," the proposal states.

The use of the open-source Thunderbird email client and LibreOffice suite across the council would also be phased out, in favour of using "market standard products" that offer the "highest possible compatibility" with external and internal software.

The full council will vote on whether to back the plan next Wednesday. If all SPD and CSU councillors back the proposal put forward by their party officials, then this new proposal will pass, because the two parties hold the majority.

Dr Florian Roth, leader of the Munich Green Party, said he expected the council to back the proposal, given the greater number of SPD and CSU members.

"The direction is back to Windows," he said.

"Years ago, the CSU were against the LiMux project and now they are in charge with the coalition. Now they have succeeded, I think, in going back to Microsoft."

In 2014, mayor of Munich Dieter Reiter said abandoning open-source software and moving back to Microsoft products would cost more than €17m, about €3.15m of which was the price of new PC hardware and €14m was for work to support LiMux and open-source software that would have to be written off—although these costs were for Windows 7 and will likely have increased further. The figure also did not include software licensing and new infrastructure costs.

Roth said the move will cost "many millions of euros" and lost time.

Matthias Kirschner, president of the Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE), questioned the logic of mayor Reiter and the wider SPD party pushing for a return to Windows.

"The current proposal is a bad joke. They do not know how what exactly would be involved if they drop LiMux," he said.

"They do not know how long it would take and how much it would cost. But nevertheless the OB [Oberbürgermeister] Reiter wants to move to Microsoft, no matter what."

The SPD and CSU proposal is based on recommendations in a report released by Accenture and German consultancy arf. However, while the consultants' report only recommended investigating "whether it makes economic sense to continue using Linux as a client operating system", this new proposal goes further, suggesting a wholesale move away from Linux.

Other urls found in this thread:

devops.sys-con.com/node/32658
h-online.com/open/news/item/LiMux-project-exceeds-annual-target-1397238.html
computerworlduk.com/it-vendors/microsoft-refuses-release-study-challenging-munich-linux-success-3421844/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LiMux#Timeline
blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2017/02/14/statement-by-the-document-foundation-about-the-upcoming-discussion-at-the-city-of-munich-to-step-back-to-windows-and-ms-office/
ris-muenchen.de/RII/RII/DOK/SITZUNGSVORLAGE/4277724.pdf).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GERMANY IS CUCKED

Windows is in reality just as good as Linux when it comes to these things if you know how to configure it right.

The only reason why Linux is so prominent in the supercomputing space is because the supercomputing space happens to be full of CS guys who are more used to working with UNIX and thus UNIX-like networked clusters

This whole thing sounds like some kike takeover.

shit I remember two or three years ago there were reports that microsoft was doing monthly lunches for government offices that switched to linux.

B R I B E R Y
R
I
B
E
R
Y

I disagree. Who in their right mind would use Windows on supercomputer? Even if you look at raw numbers, for example number of CPU cores supported by the kernel you would see that Windows is complete joke when it comes to high performance supercomputing. Windows 10 supports maximum of 256 cores, Linux supports 2048. Windows supports up to 24TB RAM, Linux can theoretically go to 128TB. Don't even get me started on file systems. Also good luck fine tuning kernel for maximum performance with Windows. And when you measure your power usage in MW/h each 0.1% of performance gain makes a difference. Also with Windows you are wasting CPU cycles running GUI and waiting for windows to finish updating, this is supercomputer not your grandmas solitaire machine.

hey, hey, if a foreign multinational wants to have extracurricular luncheons with a contract they just lost they should be allowed to. what are you gonna do? make germany great again?

munichanon here. this guy literally is a cuck.

found some of it:

devops.sys-con.com/node/32658

h-online.com/open/news/item/LiMux-project-exceeds-annual-target-1397238.html

computerworlduk.com/it-vendors/microsoft-refuses-release-study-challenging-munich-linux-success-3421844/

seems like exactly the sort of beta that would listen to a psycho-ex and end up with herpes on all his computers. again.

That's pretty much what it is. Linux works fine but someone higher up the food chain (basically the mayor) has decided he wants Windows everywhere because [reason] and thus everyone else has obey, even if it costs millions of euros, even if everyone will hate it, and even if the system works just fine as it is right now.

The mayor NEEDS Windows to be everywhere, and so it must be.

I bet a million bitcoin the reason is "it's marginally more expensive to retrain transexual pakistani single mothers because they can't speak english"

fuck, german, fuck, nobody take that bet.

Apparently not.

GERMANY YES

I used to have a small assistant job at my university maintaining computers. My boss explained to me why the university was running Windows everywhere: two Microsoft representatives would come one day to present their new products and they would carry two suitcases with them. Later that day when they left they would only carry one suitcase back.

There was no practical reason why the math faculty of all places would need Windows, all our software was available on GNU/Linux as well, but you would still be hard-pressed to find a GNU/Linux or even a Mac machine. That job also made me hate Windows even more, not just for what Microsoft as a company stands for, but because of how shit the system was in every regard.

In these things it's extremely bad to use proprietary software, because it's botnet. And leaking gov-t secret documents would suck massive dicks.

December 2013 – Munich open-source switch "completed successfully"

August 2014 – Munich deputy mayor, Josef Schmid, and mayor, Dieter Reiter, considering going back to Windows due to productivity problems. Munich city council spokesman Stefan Hauf explained that the majority of issues stem from compatibility issues in OpenOffice, something a switch to LibreOffice could solve. In addition, the city council and Karl-Heinz Schneider, head of municipal IT services, said that most things are fine, they saved €10 million (more than US$13 million), and there is no serious reason to come back. He added that the number of complaints and malfunctions would not exceed the usual number for an administration of this size. Microsoft wants to move German headquarters to Munich in 2016, helped by Reiter who describes himself as a "Microsoft fan".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LiMux#Timeline

the signal that all large administrations should be taking from this is that everytime you switch to linux you will get large mulitmillion dollar investments for no reason provided you make indefinite medium term commitments to switch back:

That's some hard-core cuckery that even I can't get behind!

You just reinforced the point he was making. These features linux has are ones that are going to be appreciated by CS guys, who will both utilize and contribute the necessary code.

To most normal functioning people, linux is half-assed attempt at emulating systems they're already familiar with. These are people who want things to 'just work', and telling them to 'fork and submit a patch', or even just 'submit a bug report' is about as futile an endeavour as an African space program. They don't care about 'muh freedom', because it's a philosophical advantage. Linux is 'free', but managing computers for an organization is never free, you have to hire personnel to manage them, which is really the bulk of your cost, so the additional expense of paying for Windows is often taken. The end users get a more polished product, and its easier to find IT staff familiar with the platform.

*so the minor additional expense

A major reason Munich switched to Linux is that it would allow them to avoid the hardware upgrade that would be necessary to upgrade to a supported version of Windows. According to analysis from both before and after the switch Linux ended up saving a lot of money. It's not always the cheapest option, but it was the cheapest option in this particular situation.

The real reason they're switching back to Windows is politics. Parties that were against the switch to Linux in the first place now have more power than they had back then and they're likely to get the majority needed to switch to Windows. It's not happening because of a change in the IT situation.

ok kid

That my new friend, is what a normie considers ownership of data. They don't care about an open standard, because Microsoft is the only standard they care to support.

The reason for this, if it even happens (it won't, they've been saying this for years) is lobbying and corruption. Microsoft moved their German HQ to Munich after they switched. Honestly, it's like trying to breathe life back into a canary in a coal mine.

His point was that Windows is just as good as Linux, which was just proven wrong by that guy. Are you this fucking retarded that you think somebody pointing out that scientists need things Linux can do and Windows can't is somehow reinforcing the point that Windows can do everything Linux can? How did you end up this fucking stupid?

By 2020 Linux will probably be a hell of a lot better than it is today. If anything they should consider switching to Windjews right now, because by 2020, there sure as hell will be no reason to use Windjews.

This.
This is all you need to know about how this happened.

I work fairly closely with my state government and this is the primary reason why most cost saving measures are destroyed in IT.

I love watching stupid people call others stupid, honestly, I think you might be the dumbest poster on Holla Forums right now. Print this off and hang it on your wall, it is probably the best thing you'll accomplish this year.

lmao

yeah /g/ is migrating alright

Your argument is really funny.. thank you.

T-totally unbiased and independent reporting, guys... we swear...

My windows 10 supercomputer will never falsify my research like it did in Iran nuclear power plants, because I am not in Iran and even if Americans as the same research project thy my government is funding our political treaty forbiddens NSA to have their noses in our afairs.

hahahahahaha
No, it's a technical advantage.

You take and give the control of your TOOLS.
Do you know what a tool is ?
If you don't have the four freedoms on a tool you can't do jack shit with it.
If you can't control your hammer to hammer shit what will you do to build things ?
Make a hammer with tools that won't let you build it ?

The technical aspect of the four freedoms are these:
-Legally use it for whatever purpose. (normal freedom)

-Legally study/modify already existing software. (security/bug fixing/enhancements)

-Legally audit the software (security/bug fixing)

-Legally share the software (give to your colleagues, students or anyone tools to create so it can be beneficial to themselves and to society in general)

You tell me user, why do need even need to share knowledge in schools then ?

Philosophical BS comes after that.

Yes that is what happens in every migration
your point his ?
It cost you much the first years yes and ?
It's fucking normal you have to train some IT who studied in a Microsoft sponsored school.
You think it's bad because you don't in on the long term.

Plus like this user said you don't have to upgrade your hardware constantly you'll just have to upgrade when it has a defect or when the hardware has got some real interesting advances on the contrary of today hardware an example of that is with lets say GPUs.

Like a gain this user said the only reasons that they are thinking of switching back is because of cocksuking politics.
And like always involving politic in technical aspect of anything will always trash shit up.

Take Stallman's cock out your mouth for a moment, and see how normal people in the business world approach software. They use their tool, don't care how the tool works, and have no interest in tweaking the tool. Usability to them is that it 'just works'.

If normal users prescribed any value to the advantages you've listed, there would be very little proprietary software.

*ascribed.

Normies don't give a shit about any of that.

Microsoft probably spend millions lobbying the city government.
"L-look at this great deal: Only 20 million!!"

You have fun with that, gotta say; I sever saw it comin.

Yeah, until it doesn't work, and then we end up with systems running 15+ year old software and paying out the ass for extended customer support because the people running the software have zero control over it. The industry is being run by tech-illiterate people.

Yeah totally not because he and his friends get a cut off all expenses, and god forbit not because they were straight up bribed.

This is a little bit different. This is the government where they can demand to use only open standards in their internal business and for e-document exchange.

What did he mean by this?

Because the technician in charge of a domain is a ""normal"" people ?

The responsible of IT do care about (and if not you main have an "install adobe reader IT")
Why ?
Because like any responsible he has to do his fucking job witch is too:

-Secure the computer park
Securing computers with non-free software is retarded and will always be.

-Make the computer park scalable/replaceable.

Scalability/replacements with other products than what your non-free software provider is proposing to you isn't having a choice and if you try to change product it will result in one clusterfuck migrations on witch you will be blamed on.

-Making the park work for the users( but without heavily compromising the first two)

If you can't make your boss/responsible understand the reasons of scalability and security then you do a shit job and you should not work with them.
Because when shit happens and it will they will fucking ruin you for ""not doing your job"".

Normal users generally THINK that they know how to compute.
And that is where the problem lies, they don't know jack shit.
You need to bring them down from whatever place they where so that their feet can touch the ground again.

Besides technical talking you can always bring up the EULA contracts of the non-free/libre softwares, this is very persuasive.

Of course you will have to compromise some things like with for example installing the adobe suite on a gnu/linux distribution witch will shit up your security if you let it connect to the network.

Personally open standards (naturally DRM free) are far more important to me than open source. Enforcing that might not be fun though, design by committee file formats will all end up looking like XHTML.

The actual reason is microsoft is bribing everyone possible.

Munich switching back to windows has nothing to do with linux being bad or incapable, but everything to do with political corruption and incompetence.

lmao. Keep telling yourself that.

Accenture is a shill front set up by microsoft

Yeah, it's actually because nobody gives a shit about supercomputers.

Windows has become more repulsive than ever before and they actually want to go back to it?

As if you needed any clearer confirmation that SPD was shit. Die Linke or nothing.

(((they)))

It costs Microsoft a dollar or less to make a copy of Wangblows. If there 15000 computers, it shouldn't cost more than $50,000 - $100,000 to install Windows on these machines. At $1,000,000 Microshit would probably make ~ $900,000 profit. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that someone in city hall is either a terrible negotiator or taking bribes.

The best Germans died in WWII. We're talking about a nation which thought it would be a good idea to take in two million of the dumbest shitskins the world can offer barring abbos.

Bill still has bribe money.

I've often been curious. Are people like you genuinely nazis, or just pretending to be one to get a rise out of the easily-triggered?

I think people have compassion and empathy for one another in real life. It's part of our survival tactics. We don't want to die alone.

This is the internet. This is a place where you're forever alone...

yes

My son, you are man now. You must choose:

Also, the second choice involves Windows and proprietary software ruling the day.

Genuine. I fully support what the NSDAP were trying to archive, and view modern Germany as a major regression. I'm mournful of what will become of the German people, a once great nation whose works exemplify some of the best of western achievement. IQ differences are real, we're not all the same. You cannot place a 70 IQ Somali in Germany and educate him into the next Carl Gauss.

Do I walk around with a Swastika arm band? Of course not.

None of that has anything to do with skin color, faggot.

So, you're just an edgy teen with no real knowledge besides "whitey = good". I'm glad to know.

blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2017/02/14/statement-by-the-document-foundation-about-the-upcoming-discussion-at-the-city-of-munich-to-step-back-to-windows-and-ms-office/

The Document Foundation is an independent, charitable entity and the home of LibreOffice. We have followed the developments in Munich with great concerns and like to express our disappointment to see a minority of politicians apparently ignoring the expert advice for which they’ve sought.

Rumours of the City of Munich returning to Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office have been regularly leaking since the election of Mayor Dieter Reiter, who was described as a “Microsoft fan” when interviewed by StadtBild magazine in 2014.

Mayor Dieter Reiter asked Accenture, a Microsoft partner, to produce a report about the situation of the City of Munich’s IT infrastructure, that resulted in a 450-page document where the main issues were identified as organizational ones and not related to open source operating systems and applications.

In the age of open data and transparency in political decision making, we are glad that the report is now made available to the general public (ris-muenchen.de/RII/RII/DOK/SITZUNGSVORLAGE/4277724.pdf).

According to the report, only a minor percentage of users (between 18% and 28%, based on different applications) had severe issues related to software, which could be solved by migrating these users to Windows and MS Office. Incidentally, 15% of users acknowledged severe issues related to MS Office.

In fact, the Accenture report suggests decoupling the operating system and application to reduce dependencies at client level. To ensure this, both Windows and LiMux should be deployed in a basic configuration, which includes operating systems as well as applications, such as LibreOffice, calendar and e-mail, required by all units and self-service providers. The basic configuration should be extended depending on the application.

In spite of the suggestions, on Wednesday, February 15, Munich City Council will discuss a proposal – filed by a minority of city councillors – to install Windows 10 and MS Office 2016 on all workstations by 2020. This would cost taxpayers close to 90 million euro over the next six years, with a 35% aggravation over the 66 million euro figure suggested by Accenture.

In addition, according to estimates provided by Green Party councillors, another 15 million euros should be spent to replace or upgrade PCs which are perfect for a small footprint operating system such as Linux, but cannot support even a Windows 10 basic configuration.

Last, but not least, most expenditures related to the purchase of Microsoft licenses will contribute to the GDP of Ireland (where all Microsoft products sold in Europe are sourced from) rather than to local enterprises who support the open source solutions deployed today. This is a rather striking difference in the allocation of taxpayers money, which should be carefully considered.

Apart from the cost aggravation, the proposal under discussion ignores the main reason behind the decision to migrate from proprietary to open source software by the City of Munich, i.e. independence from a single software vendor and the move from proprietary to standard document formats.

In fact, although the proposal associates MS Office document formats with the “industry standard” concept, it should be clear that all MS Office documents are proprietary and obfuscated, and therefore inappropriate for interoperability, even when they have been recognized by international standard bodies such as ISO. A standard document format, to be considered as such, must be implemented in the real world and not only described on paper.

If the current proposal will be approved, the City of Munich will not only lose the vendor independence it has sought over the last dozen of years, but will pursue a strategy which ignores the current trend mandating open document standards in countries such as UK, France, Sweden, the Netherlands and Taiwan.

Instead of investing in the education about open document standards, to increase the adoption and thus reduce interoperability costs, the City of Munich will adopt a pseudo-standard document format which is known to create issues even when upgrading from a previous release of the same MS Office software.

Based on the above considerations, The Document Foundation thinks that the proposal to be discussed on Wednesday, February 15, represents a significant step backwards for the City of Munich, with a substantial increase in expenditure, an unknown amount of hidden cost related to interoperability, and a questionable usage of taxpayers money.

This is getting off topic for Holla Forums, but no I'm not a teen and my post never referenced "white=good". There is a correlation between skin-tone and intelligence, but it is not the causation. The cause of both are due to evolution in the presence of environmental pressures. Put simply, it is necessary for people that thrive in colder climates to have lighter skin pigmentation, and to select for greater intelligence to cooperate and plan for harsh winters.

This is wishful thinking on your part. I encourage you to read the NSDAP party platform, the collected works of Gottfried Feder, and to get an alternative perspective on Adolf Hitler I recommend "Hitler's Revolution" by Richard Tedor. Thank you.

But that's bullshit, though. The only reason people from Africa seem to have less IQ (which isn't a good way to quantify intelligence in this case, mind you) is because they do not have formal education and live in harsh environments where they do not need to use the logical progressions that are measured in IQ tests.

Even if, for the sake of argument, we agreed that IQ was 100 % genetical, what does it say about the average person, regardless of skin color, when high IQ is rare and most people seem to have a lower IQ each generation?

Don't need to. Mein Kampf is garbage. His speeches were garbage. His ideas were garbage.

He was nothing but a populist dictator that blamed everything on "different" people and used nationalism and xenophobia to both justify his stupid acts and brainwash people into believing whatever bullshit he was spewing.

His rhetoric was no different from every South American or African dictator.

Because a primitive civilization doesn't have the foresight to invest in their progeny. That being said, blacks perform poorly in education even in the first world. Why do you think this is?

Correct. Most people in the west have an IQ sufficient to maintain their civilization, very few people are world changers. It just so happens that the Western world has produced a disproportionate amount of those who are. Furthermore, the median IQ in the west is 30 points higher than what you find in Africa. I am sure you have noticed, that when Europeans colonized Africa, they naturally thrived in that resource rich continent. I will point you to South Africa as good case study for what happens when the reigns of power of white run state transferred to low quality people.

The Flynn effect argues that this is not true, and that IQs are either increasing or stagnating. Where are you getting this from?

The SJW mindset is strong with you. Hopefully you'll have a change of heart and inform yourself on these topics before you decide to speak or form an opinion about them.

Aside from a few things here or there, there isn't really a reason now to run Windows. You can even use Emulation if you still need something Windows specific.

It's sad because it's true. Also, if you should ever work on 15+ year old software, good luck to you, the Win32 API is a literal mess, and trying to figure out how an application works will take you weeks to understand it.

M$ wants to sell the data they get from the government. Any money they bribed the government they'll easily recoup.

I hate when leaders import savages who don't want to integrate into society and just rape our women all day. That kind of behavior hasn't been acceptable in a long fucking time, like thousands of years.

I hate all this affirmative action bullshit, and so on and so forth. A person should get where they are because they're the best person at what they do, not because of some bullshit quota.

It has nothing to do with Nazism. It has everything to do with the collapse of society. When you make it about differences, it will eventually divide people against one another.

Is this what they teach you in school? Hitler railed against the terms and reparations Germany had to pay after the Treaty of Versaille.
Hitler decided enough was enough, and refused to endure the abuse his country was taking. When he decided to stop the reparations payments the (((international community))) was outraged and waged war on Germany.

*Versailles

Intelligence is hereditary. However, that brain has to be trained and nurtured properly. There are plenty of anecdotes involving Phd parents who rear children who don't exhibit such strong thinking skills. I'm confident the potential is there but is not realized as a consequence of the individual's character who has no will to nurture their mind. I also believe in neuroplasticity which means brains can be trained to improved in all kinds of different ways to improve thinking and problem solving. I believe this is true for all people even for IQ=80 subhumans and those with learning difficulty.

Even if you account for income in the same country there's still a gap between the races.
Why do you call intelligence "logical progression" now? Anyway, that's the reason. In cold climates you either had to be a different animal or be smart enough to survive the winter. So evolution selected for intelligence (among other criteria). In Africa you don't need to plan for winter, although you do need to outrun if not the lion at least the other guy. No evolutionary pressure, no selection for higher IQ. Also, Whites mixed with Neanderthals, but Africans didn't. This certainly also plays a role.
You have a very cartoonish view of Hitler. Most people were against Jews back then, it wasn't just him. Sending the Jews to Madagascar wasn't even the main objective of the NSDAP, but making the country livable (and then great). Germans were unemployed and starving when Hitler came to power. In a few years he achieved an economic miracle, built infrastructure, employed millions and brought bread to tables all over the country. Hitler was far from just another dictator.

whats scary is ms has legal access to anything on a pc's hdd with win10

a gov pc with all the citizen's info on it

They lack basic resources like water. They have huge social problems that fuck up their development thanks to either religion or the Europeans fucking them over (and yes, the only ones that benefit from wars in Africa are the corporations that use resources in those areas).

Compare them with the civilizations in South America and Asia that did have enough resources and you'll quickly notice that the development you seek comes more from environment and society than genes. Hell, Europeans were stagnant and didn't do anything relevant thanks to religion while the Muslims were thriving.

Poor people in general perform worse at schools.

You can't prove that there aren't the same amount of people with huge IQs being born right now in Africa, Asia or South America since they never get to grow up and do research thanks to the environment or sociology gimping their shit.

Do you honestly believe that no one was smart during the Dark Ages? It just so happens that those who were ended up sick, dead or stuck as farmers during their entire lives.

IQ tests have been adjusted. If they used the same stick to measure it as they used in the past, you'd see a decline in IQ scores.

You could argue that this is due to methodological problems with the tests. I really can't rememeber where I read this, so I might be wrong with this one.

I've been living in an authoritarian shithole for my entire life. I know how bullshit sounds, I know how the "X people is bad" works and I know how dangerous it is for everyone; even those outside that group of people.

Keep spouting "SJW" though, that totally makes you seem like a guy with an argument to share.

The entire world fucked Germany, and he decided to blame it on everyone else and persecute opposition. Just read one of Fidel Castro's speeches and you see it's the exact same rhetorical shit.

This is my whole point.

I'm not. IQ tests measure your ability to solve certain logical tasks.

Doesn't make any of the "joos r teh rooot off ebil" less bullshit.

By building an army and invading other nations.

No nation is self-sufficient. His whole project would have crumbled as soon as the resources on the lands he took diminished.

S T O P

D E R A L I N G

T H E

T H R E A D

F A G G O T

Don't worry the morons probably already uploaded it to an amazon/google/microsoft cloud service anyway.

Actually all of the nazis you engaged with made logical arguments for their positions while you are just spouting gibberish and resorting to name calling. That's kinda scary tbh.

Its really makes you think tbh. After you go Totalitarian you arrive at Monarchism, which I think is also quite nice. With AI right around the corner we can create our own AI overlords.

exactly this. i identify as intermediate user. i slowly get used to discover how little i have known about shit and how much more your mum ( read: you ) fucks shit up on pc than even i do.

Microsoft moved their German HQ to Munich in 2016. It's obvious what happened.

hope Munich has designated shitting streets already setup

The real reason this is happening is that government entities always need someone to phone up and complain when things don't work. If they can't blame someone else for their incompetence they get antsy.