Get that crap refunded

Dear tech,

I bought a highend phone almost a year ago. It always had minor flaws, but now it's almost useless:
- random reboots and freezing
- random annoying bugs like have to reboot to get voice when caling
- camera freeze and seconds long delay
but al of these are such problems that are not acceptable for an user, but not warranty issue for the seller.
I heard about the microwave method, like put something in the microwave for just 1-2 seconds, it kills some parts inside without a trace.
The question: is it safe? I know that there are small stickers inside for checking water breach, but for microwave?
Or do you know any method to brick a device safely?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i4qF0zEYYNU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kill yourself faggot
^_~

yw

use hydraulic press, at least your jPhone will become real thin.
youtube.com/watch?v=i4qF0zEYYNU

The sledge hammer method is the only way to be shure. Nice dubs, this is now a dubs thread.

To be exact: it's a lumia 950. (I gave them a last chance, at least SW updates come regularly but still crap, it was the only choice with around 5", dualsim, SD card option)
My guess is some loose BGA connection but no one will check that, warranty guys are pretty underpaid here and they lack both knowledge and equipment.

ah, I just thought you are a fucking apple user on first sight.

then get a fucking nexus 5x, it's pretty much stable and has everything. the OS can be replaced to some libre ungoogled android if you want. if you just want to get root, it's also easy.

getting refund is ineffective time spending, unless you are unemployed or something.

hmm, if you want SD card, unfortunately there's nothing to recommend. but a proper music player is better that using phone for this, same with camera.

also keep in mind that when you buy any device which supports SD cards, you pay some fee to (((Microsoft))) automatically, because they charge money for each sold device with (((FAT))) support, and of course, if somebody produces a device with SD card support but no FAT support, normies will not understand it.
Humanity indeed sucks.

Wow.

Yes, I prefer the nexus line if android (nexus 7 tablet at home) but nexus 5 was not available at the time.

Man, if you pay 500 bucks for a crap it's the minimum to get that cash back.

SD is not a must, but I prefer to have that slot. Much more cheaper to get that extra storage. Also if the device dies I just pop the SD out with my photos and music and it goes in another device without data loss or any kind of cloud spystorage bulshit.

Nice dubs, but I already bought a lumia. (big mistake)

Forgot to mention again: I already use dualsim phone. I don't want to bring 30 devices with me.
Also not a musicfag, I don't have million bucks worth headphone, why bring a camera too, etc.

You should have done backups anyway. SD cards sometimes die too. Sometimes even because stupid host device fucking zaps them. (I used to have some chinese crap phone which physically destroyed SD cards)

It was not clear from OP, you just wrote "highend" phone. And what is the first guess when somebody speaks about "highend" phone which is shit in practice?

I do. Also did today.
One of my colleauge's SD just dropped dead, first just acting weird, then poof, no more access.
But still you buy one SD for photo and music and it can serve between phones, +16/32 gigs are way too expensive if you buy it as an internal storage. And if the phone decides to fuck you up, no easy way to extract your stuff.

OH GOD WHY. Even some cheapo unknown ching-chong droid would be a better choice (and there are some good sub-$200 ones actually).

ZTE Axon 7. Look it up. Beats oneplus3 and similar specs to iphone and Samsung for half the price.

Meanwhile I bought a BlackBerry Z10 four fucking years ago, and it still works fine. I had to replace the battery once because the original was starting to wear out, and I replaced the camera as my CCD was developing a small blind spot. Only thing that sucks about the phone is no MIDI or WEBM support.

Best part is, I can build a whole new one out of parts from ebay for about $30.

You said you do backups, so this is not a problem

Okay, now I'm really curious. I'm not being at all sarcastic here, but what are you using MIDI for in 2017?

Yeah, go buy a dogburger brand phone with mediatek soc, zero updates, locked bootloader, and probably integrated backdoor. What a deal!
I care about sw updates, especially security updates. It's the main issue with droid. You get probably one update, and that's all. (only exception is the nexus line but still, only 18 months guaranteed, my nexus 7 stuck on 6 and a buggy build...)

Yeah, if you want to have a huge ass phone in your pocket. I miss the 4" qwerty phones, especially the htc desire z.

Yeah, still that timeframe between backups is lost.

and after that point you can still use AOSP + latest available binary drivers if you want.
if you are tech literate enough to build some big C project.

or install something like CM

That's the point. I got bored with flashing. I cooked enough roms, now I want a working device with long term support. (that would have been the lumias if Ms wouldn't be that idiot to fuck up with marketing and those bugs)

Also CM has shut down as I remember.

So, no good methods?

You have to go back, Pajeet.

What's your problem with dualsim?
One private number, one official. Who the fuck wants to carry 2 phones?

there is no such thing tbh