botnet

too much work

what do?

Other urls found in this thread:

prxbx.com/email/
thesimplecomputer.info/free-webmail-for-better-privacy
privacytools.io/#email
prism-break.org/en/all/#email-accounts
reddit.com/r/emailprivacy/comments/3gf2ta/email_providers_with_onion_tor_hidden_service/
youtube.com/watch?v=PK5rOT6k8rw
youtube.com/watch?v=pBs_P_1--Os
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You deserve the botnet.

bullshit
not really, if you don't need to do public sign-up.

I was thinking about making one on protonmail. Any reason I shouldn't?

Fuck off normie

Openmailbox, its bretty gud. Real question is, what email client for windows? I've tried sylpheed, claws but they both have issues. Thunderbird is a big no. How is mailpile?

y not?

registration is closed

Use mail-in-a-box, 3$ scaleway server, there you have your self-hosted email.

since when?

tutanota

Too much stupid bullshit, gay australis interface, not configurable enough without an assload of plugins, also mozilla. I want something simple that ifeally has PGP working out of the box and won't give me eye cancer.

so basically autism

Basically, yeah. But little shit like not being able to minimize to tray and not having a good interface really ruin thunderbird for me.

Doesn't Openmailbox keep full logs for a year?

Sure, running your own email server is easy. The hard part is avoiding ending up on spam blacklists. Good luck accomplishing THAT on a VPS provider.

Use cock.li's alternative domain airmail.cc if you want to avoid memery.

Or go full meme and get a hitler.rocks account.

Im-fucking-possible to tell someone over the phone, "t-u-t-a-n-o-t-a tuta-nota"...."Sorry what?"

I think setting reverse dns and dkim pretty much eliminates blacklists, you've still gotta deal with spam though.

I have been trying to setup an email server with NixOS but I fear I am too pleb.

Running your email server can be a bit of work, but I think managing email servers is a valuable skill to learn. Learning to block chinese botnets from using your server can be a bit of hassle too.

How can they use your server when its yours?

If I wanted to host my own mail server on a VPS, what resources should I learn from?

Allowing unauthenticated email to be send from untrusted sources, then your server will be part of an chinese spam botnet. That's a misconfiguration that people do too often.

Most VPS providers (like DigitalOcean and Linode) have their docs and tutorials on how to setup a bunch of services. You should start there.

autistici.org

I also run my own on a domain that is my last name. So my personal email is [email protected]

It's sexy.

Never used it, but some dude on CrunchBang forums suggested VFEMail.

There's also Lavabit, which is pretty nice; but you have to pay.

I'd be using openmailbox if they'd open their fucking registration again. It's been over 6 months now, what's the problem?

Fuck off back to reddit.

Damn, I wish I could get my last name as a domain. Ain't no way that's ever happening, given that it's one of the most common ones in the english language, and was registered in friggin' 1996.

Evolution is what you need
I switched from Thunderbird and I'm happy

prxbx.com/email/
thesimplecomputer.info/free-webmail-for-better-privacy
Some info there is a bit outdated though.

Last name domain makes sense only if you are sending emails where A) you must identity with your real name (e.g. work, education); and/or B) you want your real name to accumulate social capital.
Otherwise use multiple pseudonymous addresses that are not connected to each other, which won't bite you in the ass in the long run. I have a lastname domain myself, and I regret using it in certain contexts (e.g. git commits).
If you're not going to host your email yourself then you're also limited in your choice of a provider. Most require paid accounts to use custom domains, while only some offer it for free.

Thunderbird is the only yes because of TorBirdy.

I've been thinking of using them for my general non-personal email. Are they reliable technically? I've read somewhere that they get raided by Italian police from time to time, but they don't seem to have their servers in Italy anyway.

If you're going to register say that you are AntiFa.

What makes you think I'm not :^)
I actually prefer that they're purely political because it means they don't approach it in terms of business and competition but in terms of strategy. A capitalist provider will by definition sell out, out of rational economic self-interest. They always say so themselves in their ToS. While someone politically motivated will put the security of their operations above their expenses and inconveniences.
But all this means nothing if they're not technically competent, which is why I have my doubts about them.

That's actually exactly why I'd like my real last name as a domain, for my real-name-linked career. It certainly wouldn't be used for any other purpose, and would be hosted separate from anything I'd want to keep pseudonymous/anonymous. I wasn't born yesterday.

I have something fairly short and memorable as my professional work email domain, but to get my last name would bring some additional client-impressing prestige to my business. I wonder if it'd be worth the investment to buy it...

I spend $5 a month to a Zimbra reseller because I'm not a poorfag and in the process get 20GB of space to backup shit to, a calendar and task list to sync to my phone, unlimited aliases, and a professional email at my own domain in the process.

Use the sticky, you fucking retard. If you don't like the answers, fuck off. We're not your personal recommendation site.

privacytools.io/#email
prism-break.org/en/all/#email-accounts
reddit.com/r/emailprivacy/comments/3gf2ta/email_providers_with_onion_tor_hidden_service/

yeah, hitler.rocks is much better to tell over phone.

Just suicide yourself my man

Do it faggot.

Tutanota is basically perfect. There's only two minor flaws: It can't be used through clients like Thunderbird and their online client uses JavaScript (but basically every website uses it now)

My nigga

My email is [name]@tuta.io. That's not hard to say at all.

Do you call those minor flaws? Unusable imo, and the data is stored in Krautistan to boot.

For me they're minor flaws because, while I am concerned about my privacy enough to ditch gmail, I'm not full-blown autistic.

wut

Are you using Windoze or what?
Looks like you are already pretty much cucked regardless of email client.
For example…?
So what?

My provider doesn't mine my emails for advertising, you fucking retard. And Zimbra is free software.
No, it's just convenient

If you want to be pedantic about it, every email provider has access to your emails. Unless you self-host on your own premesis, which you usually need a business line to do and sometimes not even then.

What the do you think that buzzword even means anymore, you drooling fucktard?

Stop bumping this stupid thread.
There's recommendations in the sticky. That's what they're there for.

why is Holla Forums filled with morons who don't know how email works?
sorry to inform you faggots, but your email is not private. it's transmitted over the wire in cleartext, and most likely if you use an email client it's sending your internal NATed IP address, in addition to your WAN IP addres, via headers in the mail.

still waiting for this

just use cock.li but with the address @airmail.cc you nigger

Probably need another email client thread for this, but
aerc will suck, as any client which talks to IMAP server directly does (unless you're a normie and your mail box size is less than 1GB).

The ability to search though the mail is the feature 99% of email clients lack.

For truly superior email experience you should use notmuch + any client that supports maildir and well integrated with notmuch. Neomutt or Emacs (notmuch.el is part of notmuch) will do fine.

Since notmuch requires you to store the whole mail box localy make sure to place it on compressed file system, this will save you about 50% of storage.

youtube.com/watch?v=PK5rOT6k8rw
youtube.com/watch?v=pBs_P_1--Os

At least move to a free country.

cock.li for everything but bank/finances. i use gmail for that. yes, it's botnet but it's more reliable.

Thoughts on teknik/bitmessage/mailoo/tutanota?

cock.li is good for throwaway accounts but I need something reliable that also isn't botnet. Might get a mailinabox but then all email addresses on that domain are associated with me. Bad for OPSec.

What is your opinion on SDF?
No exactly mail service, but will give a mail account to you for free (one time 50$ donation to get full scale account).

My ISP's free address. Cuts out unnecessary middlemen.

BitMessage isn't practical. The PoW can be painful for larger messages, relies on other user to have BM installed (and running - your messages only have 28 day TTL, maximum) and, since the Assange stuff in October, has been getting sybil'd and spammed.

Cool tech and has its uses, but it's not even nearly a drop in replacement for Email.

>their online client uses JavaScript (but basically every website uses it now)
this is HorseShit.

Oops I forgot the

tutanota is just a poor alternative to protonmail. there is no single reason to use tutanota while there are advantages (although few) to protonmail:

Not only that, but if your contacts use gmail then Google already has those emails anyway. Unless your contacts are willing to use PGP just for you (and they likely don't if they use gmail).
Still, there is a difference between using one single gmail account from one single IP address, and using multiple compartmentalized email accounts over proxy (whether Tor or VPN). At that point it shouldn't matter whether your contacts use gmail, but it's up to you to strictly compartmentalize your whole communications themselves so that your contacts can't possibly leak any unwanted info about you.

sigaint

For day-to-day general use?

Many, many sigaints.

For temporary or one-directional emails that's fine, but if you need an address where you'll be receiving emails then it's pretty impractical to have to manually log into their web interface every time just to check if you received anything yet. Although sigaint does support IMAP/POP, but only for paid accounts.

Just choose one of the less meme domains on cock.li like "airmail.cc"

fpbp. Why is thread still existing?
The list should just get complied in the sticky/ archive board