9+ hour long movie trilogy

???

Other urls found in this thread:

lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Fingolfin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There was a final showdown with Sauron at the end?

Then Peter Jackson realized his mistake and digitally painted over a giant cave troll to fight Aragorn. He realized that Aragorn and his men were sacrificing themselves on the hope that Frodo was still alive and able to destroy the ring.

The greatest tragedy in cinema history

It was more important that the stars of the movie get three minute long closeups every 10 minutes where they can to their best nonsummerjack impressions.

personally i thought the idea of sauron in his true form appearing, then materializing into armor mode for the final fight was a super fucking cool idea, since narsil was the very sword that cut off sauron's ring, it makes sense that aragorn would wield it to once again defeat mordor and its armies. imo jackson fucked up even further by replacing sauron with yet another troll. not to mention that sauron didn't have the ring, so he wouldn't be anywhere near as powerful as he would be with it. it would also be hella neat to see aragorn barely making a hit on sauron, who is pretty much toying with him, only for him to suddenly stop, turn towards mt doom, then explode, and the rest of the movie happens the way it does.

tl;dr i'm a fag and like these things even though they didn't happen in the book. also, someone correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't book sauron somewhat in a physical manifestation while hiding out in mordor?

I agree it would have been cool, but the whole point of the assault was to buy time for Frodo. And Sauron at the time didn't do anything personally anymore, for a very good reason.

Yes, he had a physical, albeit weak, form. Gollum saw him as Sauron personally tortured him and Tolkien stated that Sauron's form, while he was skulking in his tower during the war, was that of an imposing man. Non-physical spirits can't do shit in the setting.

according to the storyboard, Aragorn would have plunged Narsil/Anduril through Sauron's chest, but it does nothing.
Sauron knocks Aragorn on his ass and steps on him (like the troll does in the movie) and then Aragorn pulls out his dagger and stabs his leg. Just as Sauron is about to kill Aragorn, the ring is destroyed by Frodo and so is Sauron again.

There's two things about this that I really like
1. Aragorn just stabbed Sauron with a sacred sword right through the heart and it did nothing. What does he immediately do when he's down, while Sauron still has his sword stuck in his chest? Stab him the ankle, knowing it won't do anything. Fucking badass.
2. The whole fight not only mirrors Isildur's confrontation with Sauron, but Fingolfin's with Morgoth (especially with the ankle wound)

Even better, they actually had a little poem that Sauron would have recited before the battle

retarded, all because you're afraid of a "boss fight" being too cliche

Please tell me that name's really in the book.

lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Fingolfin

Yeah, he was the mightiest Elf that ever lived and forefather of most notable characters in the setting.

How do you know he didn't put him in secret?

Tolkien was redpilled af

I think Tolkien should have made Sauron take corporeal form ala the Peter Jackson's Sauron (a warrior) at the end before being defeated.
Anyway this looks like the stuff from the beginning of the movie when Sauron is fighting Isildur.

shit would have been lit af

fuck peter

I own them on the blu-ray box-set, bub

You are the reason the Hobbit movies were a financial success. God hates you.

It's like you are trying to embarrasses yourself. Go shill Rabbi Trump over on Holla Forums, they love sucking Trump, Kushner, and Israeli cock.

Embarrassesing.

Nitpicking over nothing. Go shill Rabbi Trump over on Holla Forums, they love sucking Trump, Kushner, and Israeli cock like YOU.

is this a new form of pottery?

i never wanted the hobbit to be a trilogy, i knew that would bite it in the ass. a straight adaptation was all i wanted (and could have been done in a single movie, two at the absolute most), not my fault the studios went full jew.

exactly, this is the type of shit i'm talking about. that would have made a far better ending than just another fucking cave troll getting unleashed.

Sauron couldn't assume a physical form without the One Ring, nor could he project his Annatar form after it was destroyed in NĂºmenor. The whole idea was dumb and, had Peter Jackson went with it, you would be nitpicking his ass for it.

it's an adaptation, shit changes. i think we could allow hackson this one, seeing as how he had already changed other shit in adapting the other two.

The films were different in noticeable ways anyway so it wouldn't have be a big deal. It would have been a better showdown.

There was nothing wrong with having a "main villain" orc follow them.
It just should have been Bolg, and it should have been in costume instead of CGI

Sauron had a physical form in the book, and he had a physical form by ROTK in the movies (as seen in the EE)

there's even drawings on the DVD of what Sauron's burned and withered body was supposed to look like.

you are very ignorant of the subject

It was an illusion of his fair form that Aragorn would almost immediately see through

sauron didnt really have much of a physical form at that point. say no to cheesy boss fights.

Sauron is the Eye you idiot.
The only way he could get corporeal form was by getting the ring. Even then he couldn't be at both places. And why the fuck would he do the same mistake as the first time?

Go masturbate over Hobbit.

Even contemporary analysts insisted that his work parallels WW2, as in the humans are the Allies and Sauron is Hitler etc.

As if nobody can figure out that you're the only kike in this thread.

You nigger. That's like three solid hours of Samwise Gamgee being really concerned about things that you haven't even seen.

Also:

Then you're a fucking pleb and should return to reddit

Tolkien had a major erection for Finnish folklore and language.

Sauron is a maia is he not? Dude could definitely have a physical body and still use the tower eye.

What part of "his power is bound to the Ring" didn't you understand?

He does have a physical form in the books, though. Gollum mentions being interrogated by a man with 9 fingers. Only in the the movies was he incorporeal.

only fellowship was good

jackson has no directing chops, zero tension, zero ability to pace, zero tone progression, shit direction of the lead, shitty slomo for everything

i used to love all three but the trilogy sucks. only fellowship is good

One thing Jackson fucked up was the sword-play/skill of Aragorn. It's like they didn't bother (compare to Kingdom of Heaven). Would've made the Final Fight look really lame anyway.

Way to make it obvious, Chaim.

Yeah, they needed to quickly make it clear that Sauron with the Ring was bad news, without book's ability for exposition. So they showed him beating up an army by himself with the Ring and was only defeated through lucky cutting of his ringfinger, even though in the books he was wrestled to death by two guys, and then as a lighthouse without the Ring.

Do it right or don't do it at all.

They did it right. Profits and lasting critical reception agrees. Cinema is a different medium from books.

No, they did it wrong. No amount of shekels changes that.

heh wow

wew

Probably the most annoying and retarded cliche in history.

that wasn't even established until the Hobbit.
goof job making yourself look legitimately retarded. your epic DRUMPF reaction pic is the icing on the cake.

It was established in 1955 leftycuck.
And the Hobbit had nothing of Sauron. The Witch King was the one ruling Dol Guldur. Everything else was added to the movies by kike producers to nostalgia trip normies like you.
Now fuck off pleb.

Really shit quality post. Are you trying to bait trumpfkins by image association?

back to r/thedonald

I don't see how your samefagging is relevant to the thread.
loser

Really weak, and futile, because drumpftards left already when their messiah turned out to be the best goy of them all.

no emperor of mine

Those "contemporary analysts" are butt fucking retarted then. The story has nothing to do with WW2, at all. As someone who lived through the war as an older man, he also wouldn't have seen Hitler as an "OMG LITERALLY SATAN" figure either, just as another statesman that starts wars.

The series takes a lot of inspiration from Tolkien's experiences in WW1, with Mordor being modeled after no-man's land, as well as use norse mythology. He also claimed that middle earth was a real place , that it was our world (Midgard) before the end of the last ice age.

This is true. Maybe not literally but at a gut/spiritual level it is true. The Conan stories are true in a similar sense. In fact, before WWII(before the Jews took over the education system) archaeologists would entertain the idea more seriously. Graham Hancock did nuffin wrong.

Both Tolkien and Robert E. Howard stated their settings weren't supposed to be taken as real history. Tolkien's reason to place his setting into the real past was tied to his religion, while Howard was world building before any world building autism had been properly done, so he had no reason not to use cataclysmic tectonic shifts as an excuse of heavily transplanting real cultures into a fictional setting at whim.

Radically changing landscapes even during humanity's existance was thought to be very plausible before plate tectonics were properly understood.

He was too busy writing the completely unnecessary "Scouring of the Shire" chapter.

bravo peter.

absolutely haram.

You read all of LotR and yet you didn't understand any of it? It was absolutely vital to the story.

What's the difference between pretending to be a moron and being one? Anyway, Peter Hackson didn't understand the story either.

Intentionality. Same difference as between accidently driving over someone and murdering someone by driving over them.

It was important to show the anti-capitalist themes more strongly.

you people are trash

DUDE, WHY DIDNT GANDOLF JUST FLY THE EAGLES TO MORDOR???

LMAO WORLD'S BIGGEST PLOTHOLES, CHECKMATE CHRISTFAGS

This would have been cool. A beautiful maia would have been a nice contrast to the ugly hordes of Mordor, and it would have given some insight into how wily and deceptive Sauron was.

Frodo - Donald Glover
Sam - Daniel Kaluuya
Merry - Ice Cube
Pippin - Kevin Hart
Gandalf - Djimon Hounsou
Bilbo - Morgan Freeman
Legolas - Taye Diggs
Aragorn - Jamie Foxx
Boromir - Mahershala Ali
Gimli - Forest Whitaker
Arwen - Meagan Goode
Saruman - Christoph Waltz