Are there any actual downsides to owning a Tesla?

Are there any actual downsides to owning a Tesla?
So basically, it's a car for which you pay ONCE and from then on the maintenance is free. Why do people still even consider buying normal cars?

everyone will know you're gay

not if he puts flame decals on the sides

no,no,you need waifu decals to make it truly hetero

That is not what I uploaded

pretty kewl

You don't know what that word means do you?

Because charging stations are nonexistent outside of major cities.

Basically this. Actually it's 90% this. Also conservatives have a hard-on for oil and the 'good old days' so they are luddites in a lot of sectors.

I mean you could charge it at your house but if you own a house you probably buy luxury cars anyway.

Does it come with a lightning rod to charge it will I go, because it seems finding a place to charge it would suck

it has a shit range and if you happen to run out of juice somewhere you'll be stuck for at least 8 hours.
also, the battery weight makes the car handle like a fucking boat.

and everyone will know you're homosexual too

You could ask to charge it at work, depending on where you work.

Actually the range is around 350-400 miles, which is the same as an SUV. So no, nice try.

Also most girls consider Teslas to be stylish and high status so it would net you pussy, especially with STEM chicks.

So you'll be alone, jacking off as always.

Fuck off, teslashills.

Does it have AC, heated seats and stuff?

yes

Nice dubs user

That's pretty sweet, it looks like any old sedan so I don't know why the other user said it's gay.

So you want a coal birning car instead of a gasoline burning one?

Ok I guess, don't see why you want to be a hipster about it, grab a monocal and a non-binairy gender while you're at it.

pretty big F there, op

I don't care about the environmental shenanigans tbh. I'm strictly looking at how much bang you get for the buck.

Hey there that one occasion in half a year, where you have to travel in one day somewhere around 300 miles in one direction. (^:

I'm so fucking jealous. If i wasn't so insecure I would decorate my car with animu decals. No body likes weebs.

35k is ridiculous though when you can get a new Kia or Hyundai for 11k or less. I got a new 2016 for super cheap after haggling for hours.

You're not getting any bang for your buck, trust me. Not with all those electronics.

Mining the materials for the batteries they use in these cars cause environmental devastation…

Ok. Enjoy dying in a fiery explosion of the batteries you sit on, you OP of a faggot.

Gas is still cheap enough that it's not really worth it. Revisit this idea when gas is more expensive.

I haven't been watching much, but ,,,
isn't this about the third model they said they were coming out with, that would be cheap–and the first two still ended up costing $70k+ ….. ?
the last sedan they came out with was supposed to be 'cheaper'
and the SUV too
i think

also a story just a couple days ago notes that sales dropped way down in Netherlands (maybe?) when the govt got rid of the subsidies for buying them

daily reminder that Tesla is a fantasy company
they sell their cars for 13'000 dollars below their own costs. This is a business model that cannot work. One day they will run out of idiots who are willing to finance their imbecility and then their company will evaporate into thin air.

They have a loss every year and they will not be able to improve their ROI because that would mean they have to price their cars higher, which will effectively reduce demand for the cars.

whatever. even if they go bankrupt, I'll still have my car

Yes.

Try finding one. For all the pictures I've seen of this car, I have never ever ever seen one on the road ever…I honestly don't believe they actually make any and only have a couple of demo's they take pictures with.

Again…never seen one on the road driving at anytime. And I love cars.

Whoa dude that's fucking sweet I didn't know they made wind powered cars. Imagine parking this fucking sexy thing on the top of a parking garage, come back after shopping and fucking burn rubber bro, nice.

i enjoy my armored bmw thanks very much

Batteries last for 6-8 years and then the whole array has to be replaced.

Then what?

That's just as long as most people keep their cars these days before switching to a new one

then you get it replaced

What if:
it gets stolen?
you get in a wreck?
it gets vandelized?

I have spent maybe 8000 bucks (not counting gas) on cars since I have started driving. why? because I get old cars that will get me from a to b and if any of those things I mentioned happens to my car, I can spend 2000 bucks and get another one.
My Mazda 2003 Protege5 hatchback is laughing at your faggot ass.

>Higher insurance premiums. They're coming.

If you want to suck off polar bears so much, buy a diesel, you insufferable faggot.

This. Plus you're basically tracking everywhere you go and sharing the info with Google.

the reason that GM didn't try to sell the Impact was because it cost $80K each

yea but,,,, what does that mean for the resale value then?,,,,,

i don't know about Tesla cars specifically–but in the past, replacing the onboard batteries was the main long-term cost of operating an electric vehicle
the cost for charging the batteries for use was nearly insignificant

mebbe Tesla will buy it back from you. Im sure their shareholders won't mind. they should have 100 trillion dollars funding by then

,,,continued in next post,,,

Also, remember that that is an average battery replacement. Some people will get lucky and go longer while some will get fucked by having to replace a very expensive part just before getting rid of their vehicle.

Yea, you'll look like a tool.

Real cool dudes drive shitty early 00's Honda Civics they bought for less than $600 that are barely road legal.

what is insurance

no

You really want to pay more than 200 something a month for insurance? Come the fuck on.

Will probably run closer to 50K if you want more than basic options. Model S theoretically starts at around 80K but if you want a really cool one you'll have to spend more than 110K

I'm not against the general principles of electric cars or of lowering pollution–but there's some fishy business surrounding hybrid cars, and now Tesla cars.
In the US at least, it took government money for these things to be created. And for many of them to be purchased (using govt subsidies)
If it's cheaper over the long run, then why do they have to give you money to buy it?

In the past, the concepts of both (hybrids and e-cars) was studied by car companies and always found to be not marketable, due to high costs and low performance. the government money is what changed that; there was no drastic gains in EV tech that caused this

also the claims of "less" pollution are suspect as well, tho most industry engineers don't talk about it (it's much like denying climate change…)
most of the critical parts and materials end up coming from China and other places that have less-stringent pollution laws than first-world countries do
you can say a Tesla doesn't have a tailpipe, but those batteries aren't filled with milk and honey. what that stuff causes where it is produced hasn't yet been seen, and what it will cause where it's disposed isn't yet known

The oil industry really doesn't want electric cars to exist. It makes their kippahs fly off.

2005 called, they want their conspiracy theory back

If nobody has gasoline powered cars then there's no way to sell as much gasoline.

It's basic economics.

Are you fucking retarded you have to pay for electricity

Not at charging stations

ebin autokoulu :D

Always wondered, what's the battery lifespan like? I know for some earlier hybrids (Honda civic, etc) the batteries may have to be replaced within 5 years. Seems the used car buyer will have to be weary.

It doesn't run much at all. Maybe $4 a month.

The main downside is that I would be fucking bankrupt if I bought one

If there is more demand for electricity, then businesses will have to accept nuclear and coal power because solar and wind power isn't efficient at all. It's simple economics.

Oakland checking in. There's a lot of Teslas, Ferraris and Corvettes as you go more inside Silicon Valley.

Mostly just the difficulty of repairing it. The range is no problem. The acceleration is insane.

I sort of have a thing for luxury whips with V8s and AWD

If I was a metrosexual cuck in an urban environment then sure!

It's a great general use car but it can't really be the only car for your average person.
In a few years though they'll be everywhere and you'll get preferred parking places wherever you go in the US. They're all over in Oslo. When more people buy them there will be more charging stations and when there are more charging stations more people will buy them.

I'll be honest I can't afford a 35k car.

The average car on the road in Canada is ~11 years old.

that thing looks neat and incredibly dangerous, i like it.

Government subsidies are a hell of a drug.

Are these government subsidies in the form of a loan to be paid back later on or just free money for the future bs?

My main problem with this thing is that I couldn't repair any of it. This is becoming an increasing problem with modern cars. It's a day long job just to replace a head light or change the oil because the design is such that you have to take off the bumper, tire, and half the engine to get at anything.

It can be hacked and then suddenly you're behind the wheel of a murder machine.

Breaks down often and unreliable. Maintenance free can be changed later. Tesla is ranked the worst reliable car manufacture.

You have really failed hard in life, haven't you?

I can afford a 50k truck but not a 35k car.