Anyone able to give me an age estimate for this?

Anyone able to give me an age estimate for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

etsy.com/au/listing/270478668/antique-1890-bibeln-swedish-bible-den?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=leather bible&ref=sr_gallery_21
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

take a better picture, and show the spine

I've only got pictures of the pages inside and it's currently at my mom's house.

Are any of the pages stuck together?

A few are, but I don't dare try to pull them apart.

Go ask /christian/

I couldn't figure out which board to ask, so Holla Forums was the front runner on that field. I will go ask though.

mid to late 1800's

Thanks user.

If you have it around the most informative things would be the first few pages and/or a shot from above it showing the binding.
Are the pictures plates?
If it's a family bible you'd typically have a bunch of names written on one of the front pages.

In the back there is like 4-5 pages of names but I can't read them. They are pretty faded.

Sorry 8ch is only good at rating little girls

Pour the Raman noodles on it.

Really doesn't look that old. Maybe it's from the 80s?

That's disgusting. Go wash your hands now.

What the fuck? A good thread? On my Holla Forums?

The language looks like Pennsylvania Dutch or what's it called. I don't think these people have been using that in written books since the start of World War 1, when Germans became mildly unpopular in the states.

The script also has a distinct German tone to it - it looks similar to the one I've seen in old German prayer books.

So, in theory, the thing might be some 100 years old. But it's equally likely that it's just some regular prayer book made in the 50s or whatnot to preserve the Pennsylvania Dutch dialect of German of local communities.

On a second thought, this may be an antique Swedish book.

etsy.com/au/listing/270478668/antique-1890-bibeln-swedish-bible-den?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=leather bible&ref=sr_gallery_21

bitches don't know about mysuper sekret sumerian tablet.
got one I found while serving in iraq