TTG is the most creative cartoon on western television...

TTG is the most creative cartoon on western television. The overwhelming hate it got on social media was a blessing because it forced the show to turn on itself, on super heroes, on cartoons, on fiction, and it gave it a focus

It is also the successor to Ren & Stimpy

Shows that take themselves seriously always fail.
It's the law.

It parodies all sorts of tropes effectively

yet cartoon dorks hate it

I thought it was just because its original announcement had everyone (including me) expecting season 6 of the 03 show and what they put out instead was radically not that. But the show has had time to settle in, develop a direction, and become a lot more consistent than the 1st season and they still hate it. The show is gold

It's probably because cartoon dorks basically believed that the higher ups of CN would listen to their bitching of wanting more TT.

If cartoon retards actually listened to marketing and PR for once, CN needs a show that can actually relate and not offend their audience. So they need something stupid and something that can bring the grade schoolers in.

First impressions are everything, man.
If you can't show people that your show has at least a glimmer of good shit, they'll drop it like a hot potato.

Wasn't one of the creators constantly bitching about the 03 fans? andd then putting jokes about it on the show?

what the hell is 03?

the 2003 version, aka the original TT show

The original Teen Titans show was good.
This was garbage.

Some of the writers hadn't seen the 03 series, then they started watching and drawing material from there. Stroke of genius. It should be said that the brain children of TT are also involved in TTG.

Apples and Oranges

Great banter

i recall people taking that the person runnin CN now had a thing against action toons cause tehy were too expensive and wanted more "Jhonny Test"-esque shows

Thats why we ended up with the current PPG and Ben10 reboots, wouldn't be surprised if TTgo was there for that reason.

In terms of animation & art quality I can understand this

The original TT was targeting 6-13 year olds too. This show is more gross & offensive than the original.

I think this is a show we (the dorks) should be enjoying more than anyone. It's a show that pisses all over fiction

I don't think the show is the worst in the world, but I really hate the deflection people make whenever a series undergoes a massive change. OF COURSE it is going to piss off fans; because it should piss off fans if they actually care about it.

It wouldn't get so much hate if it wasn't Teen Titans, prove me wrong.

The two shows shouldn't even compared with each other, just like the DC movie isn't considered a continuation of the 03 series.

I agree 100%
But the talent of the voice actors and the wealth of material from the past series has had a huge part in its success. The voice actors were a big part of the success from the original series too.

It's understandable that this show only lasted so long simply because of the 2003 show. The way the creators use the material is actually astounding even if the jokes boil down to toilet humor at times. At times, it's mediocre then out of nowhere something great and eye catching pops up and I tend to feel mixed on how I should see the show as. The creators seem to like showing everyone that, "Yeah we can actually try, but fuck you."

The problem is it's not funny, not clever and it's annoying.

They stick flypaper on everything and make jokes, scenes, episodes, etc about it. As a result they are hit-and-miss. When they miss they are obnoxious, but they hit they are very funny.

Well I'll be hornswoggled, Titans: Rock Paper Scissors showed up.

These shorts were cute

best ep

I'm pleasantly surprised!

They did an episode about buying rental property

What, these old things?

This shit is as gay as Toddposting.

Todd Howard™ is the most Heterosexual person to love.

Oh my gahhhh

Dammit Wyatt, you should know this since you like doing Weeaboo-made Anime.

Those shorts were by the original guys behind the Teen Titans animated series. Teen Titans GO! is by completely different guys.

I still love how this was completely wrong.

Ah, that explains why I can watch these without breaking out in a rash.

Okay, time to switch to '03 and save the thread.

Glen Murakami is an associate producer

The top one is a Teen Titans Go episode, the bottom is a NTT short that came before TTG