(((Forward))): Human Biodiversity is "pseudoscientific Alt-Right racism"

(((Forward))): Human Biodiversity is "pseudoscientific Alt-Right racism"

There’s a piece of the “alt-right” puzzle of bigotry you need to know more about: “human biodiversity.”

An ideological successor to eugenics, human biodiversity (HBD) is, like eugenics (from the Greek words for “good” and “breeding”) primarily a euphemism. Ostensibly, HBD refers to the scientifically proven (and therefore apolitical) genetic differences between groups of humans. The term fuses biological and liberal language into a benign-sounding neologism, like “neurodiversity,” a key term within the autism rights movement.

But it is just pseudoscientific racism, updated for the Internet age.

“Human biodiversity” appropriates scientific authority by posing as an empirical, rational discourse on the genetically proven physical and mental variation between humans. It uses the language of genetics to underscore, for example, the prevalence of Mongolians in sumo wrestling, the IQ scores of black people or the inbreeding patterns of Ashkenazi Jews. The refrain of HBD bloggers and forum commenters is that the (gene-driven, according to them) dissimilarities they outline are “non-negligible” or “non-trivial” and have, accordingly, social policy implications. Though it has a rational, policy-wonk zing to it, that’s just Internet forum-ese for “you’re genetically distinct from us and should be treated differently.”

Recently, the conservative “journalist” Milo Yiannopoulos boosted awareness of the HBD proponents when he name-checked a couple of HBD gurus in his article “An Establishment Conservative’s Guide to the Alt-Right.” He brought the term human biodiversity — coined by Steve Sailer in the mid-90s — to a wider audience. Sailer, a blogger for several conservative websites with racial preoccupations, including Taki’s Magazine, the Unz Review and VDARE.com, has said of human biodiversity (in an interview with the H.L. Mencken Club, one of 40 hate groups in Pennsylvania) that it’s both a field of study and a political movement, because it has to “fight for its right to exist.”

The other writers in the HBD community are former journalists, science grad students and a lot of comment-section laymen. Sailer, who founded the Human Biodiversity Institute, maintains a blog at the Unz Review, writing about the dating prospects of Asian men and the inadequacies of gay men and lesbians, among other things.

Reddit hosts a human biodiversity forum, though membership is by invitation only, and the site has flagged the forum as racist. A racist Reddit forum called Coontown runs an online resource dump and lexicon called HBD Bibliography, which is linked with a Twitter account of the same name. (A Redditor with the username TheZizekiest posted an exhaustive, three-part rebuke to the sources compiled by HBD Bibliography on Reddit.) Elsewhere on the Internet, a woman calling herself “hbd chick” runs a wide-ranging personal blog on HBD; she seems particularly consumed by the inbreeding habits of Ashkenazi Jews and the genetic makeup of Europeans.

Though many in the HBD community are Internet autodidacts — people with little to no scientific training who spend their free time learning the scientific argot — some are trained scientists with an expertise in animal biology or statistics. One such writer, Razib Khan, a Ph.D. candidate at the University of California-Davis’s Department of Animal Science, has been writing about human biodiversity for many years. He briefly had a job at The New York Times as a writer for its Opinion section, before Gawker reported that he’d contributed to the virulently racist Taki’s Magazine and written to VDARE.com, an anti-immigrant website.

(1/2)

archive.is/FpDo4

Other urls found in this thread:

theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/05/review-of-john-glads-jewish-eugenics/
archive.is/UeK5Q
archive.is/tsm2C
forward.com/opinion/national/346533/human-biodiversity-the-pseudoscientific-racism-of-the-alt-right/
disqus.com/home/discussion/jewish-daily-forward/how_the_alt_right_manipulates_the_data_to_prove_the_existence_of_race/
jscreen.org/
archive.is/IK5TS
fbi.gov/about-us/lab/forensic-science-communications/fsc/oct2004/case/2004_10_case01.htm
archive.is/xI1Ee
fbi.gov/about-us/lab/forensic-science-communications/fsc/jan2001/phillips.htm
archive.is/rUgr3
fbi.gov/about-us/lab/forensic-science-communications/fsc/july2000/deedric1.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Steve Sailer and other HBD bloggers believe they present an accurate depiction of human genetics — especially population genetics, the study of how gene pools change over time, and behavioral genetics, the study of how genes are expressed. These two fields have been generating controversy for the better part of a century. One of the hallmarks of genetics research is that it produces data that are easy to sensationalize, such as IQ scores of black people (see: “The Bell Curve” controversy) or the supposed Khazarian origin of the Jewish people. In addition to obscuring the actual scientific consensus, these false conclusions have, in the former case, served as a license to discriminate against black people and, in the latter, provided “evidence” for those who say that Jews have no ancestral connection to the land of Israel.

The modern field of genetics has disavowed theories of human behavior that are all nature — i.e., based only on genes — just as sociologists and anthropologists have disavowed theories that are all nurture. The reality is somewhere in-between, where, for example, a genetic predisposition to asthma (more common among Jews) may be worsened by living in smoggy Mexico City or mitigated by moving to Phoenix. The science of that in-between is called epigenetics, the study of the environmental effect on gene expression.

Yet HBD blogs tend to skip the last 25 years of genetics, during which epigenetics supplanted the nature versus nurture debate. Human biodiversity is stuck at the moment when geneticists were able to show that distinct ethnic and geographical populations have distinct genomes and are therefore distinguishable from other groups (albeit under a microscope). The evidence of these genetic isolates is, for the HBD community, evidence of different races.

But the evidence that HBD proponents adduce shows only that different genetic populations are just that: different. That’s certainly not news to geneticists, and it’s rather intuitive for the rest of us. Yet on HBD blogs across the web, the data analyses of world-class geneticists are held up as evidence that races exist, and that these differences are, to varying degrees, worthy of social and legal regulation. Whereas their eugenicist predecessors might have wielded calipers to log the variances in skull circumference between individuals, adherents to human biodiversity justify their racism on the similarly shaky ground of genome variance.

These writers are, for the most part, long on “evidence” and short on policy: They seem to simply accumulate colorful charts and tables of raw genomic data as if a preponderance of graphics and spreadsheets proves the existence of races. There is no shortage of misguided policy proposals that harp on the pet obsessions of the HBD community. However, at least in the blogs and forums I examined, there was little discussion of what to do with the data of “human biodiversity.”

Ultimately, what’s most problematic about human biodiversity is not that it highlights differences between people. A commitment to pluralism is a commitment to diversity. The problem is the adherence to the totem of “race”: It is a word so slippery as to be meaningless, and the hatred it has inspired can in no way be scientifically vindicated. The weight of scientific evidence supports the reality of relative genetic difference, but not the essentialist divisions that form the basis for race theory — and the racist agenda of the alt-right.

(2/2)

is this the new bogeyman?
is gamergate finally dead?
stopped reading

keep stoking the flames, cultmarx faggots

Nice.

sorry but can you sum this up into one or two sentences so I know if it's worth using my time reading the whole lot?

if you can't take 2 minutes to read the post why bother commenting you pathetic faggot

Why are they so afraid?

So they're islamaphobes for doubting this guy who's ancestors were caretakers of science in the dark ages! How dare these libshits try to silene a PoC in Science just because his culture says that HBD exists! It's the CURRENT YEAR!

Denying the obvious scientific fact that humans separated by geography and time are subject to the whims of evolution makes it so easy for us to discredit these kikes

the (((author))) sounds worried that bad goyim everywhere could become immune to the accusation of "racism" under the problematic pretext of scientific observation of reality

Correct me if I'm wrong but in that last paragraph, he basically says race is real but I don't like it and we should pretend it isn't cause those racist meanies.

also

This remind me of a part of a speech about politics intruding in science Michael Crichton gave called "Aliens Cause Global Warming".

the (((author))) sounds worried that bad goyim everywhere could begin to become immune to the accusation of "racism" under the problematic pretext of scientific observation of reality

Well, this is a mongolian sumo wrestling board.

So the (((writers))) only attempt at a rebuttal is a straw man saying that the "HBD community" doesn't accept that environment can play any role what so ever?

The cuck foot soldiers really are weak.

Seriously all we're doing is pointing out the obvious, and not even they can argue against that in the article, so they attack the terminology, which is something everyone uses, not just Holla Forumsacks even if it isn't really appropriate.

lol

We have human populations who developed in relative isolation from one another for thousands of years. The environmental circumstances of Europe, Africa, East Asia and all points in between are notably different and have had an effect on non-human populations.

There's no reason to suppose that humans are somehow immune to the evolutionary processes which have created disparity among non-human populations.

[citation needed]

Tldr for the whole "article"

liberals everyone

(checked)

Diversity is only good when it hurts the white race, or any race that can pose a threat to the kike plans

What sort of mental retardation or these people suffering from? Even 3 year olds know there are different races.

This author is trying hard to sound intelligent. Please tldr. This article is poison to read.

Your quote is basically the tl;dr version

I'm a biologist and this article is bullshit taxonomy isnt racism my field is being taken over by fucking social justice hipsters please NO NOOOOOOO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WEW
E
W

This is the most retarded shit I've read in a while, and I've been on this community forum for Uzbek nail clipping methods for a while

Critical theory, the shitpost

This article might cause annudah shoah filthy goy, I-i mean don't you goys want more scientists and doctors from africa??

Anybody else feel like their subversion of "alt-right" failed, and they've completely lost control of it? That it has become just another boogeyman?

What was meant to be turned into a housebroken Gamergate 2.0 is now filled with genuinely genocidal fascists and nationalists.

I think RFS single-handedly saved alt-right by countersignaling Spencerism and other general faggotry. They set an example that most people in the movement hopefully follow in earnest.
As they are dead though, there's nobody punching right. The second attitudes soften, the jew gets its hooks in.

Why would anyone bother reading pseudojournalism?

WUN RAZE DA UMA RAZE

kek

So at what point does Human biodiversity leap from the scientific method? Is it at the moment it hurts liberal feelings, or somewhere else?

things are so fucked they actually think we exist in a feels/facts universe

Psychiatrists and neuroscientists BTFO.
Next up they need to claim blood groups are racist. What do you mean O receives from everyone, are you implying they are parasites?

The kikes are trying to force any "racism" and "anti-Semitism" under the aut-right umbrella to marginalize and weaken it.

Unfortunately, there are a handful of turbo-autists who think that's a good thing. I guess because being "alt" makes them feel all special and edgy.

Yerp.
The guys from IM need to make a podcast ASAP.
For some reaon it's a format that attracts alot of people.
Nobody reads anymore and you can't churn out video's at 1 video/week without them becomming lame.

AB can receive from everyone because they're a good multicultural blood group, 0 is the blood group which are evil nazi racist 0 nationalists who care about "muh blood type purity" and since they're the universal donor group they colonize other blood types like the evil imperialists they are.

No, we didn't forget.

???

Who's got that "IQ by race" chart? I'm redpilling my brother-in-law.

And it claims epigenetics completely supplants the genetic basis's for various behavioral and racial traits when it does nothing of the sort and genetics still accounts for 70 percent of racial and behavioral differences between population.

sometimes i wonder if they actually believe this shit they are saying.

in the end it is irrelevant.

ben will have his way

This read like every other text about race written by a jew I've read since my teenage years when my mom bought me *Race Don't Real* by Shlomo Shekelstein: it just doesn't make any sense. There's no clear argument there. Only a pointed finger at *the racists*.

end your life immediately

If you believe there are no races, then you do not believe in natural selection or the theory of evolution.

Review of John Glad’s “Jewish Eugenics”

theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/05/review-of-john-glads-jewish-eugenics/

Is it weird that i want to jerk it to the pic?

Hey man, you may get older, but your vampire girlfriend always physically stays the same age.

What happened to the "Facts have a liberal bias" BS they always spew?

bump

link to pdf plz

Radio Free Skyrim, it has some people from Iron March on it sometimes I think

He admits right there that it's true. Thanks, Shlomo. The "essentialist divisions" are a quick way of talking about it. If you press anyone who uses the term "HBD" they'll explain it in more nuanced terms.

Fucking Jewy as hell article. I can't wait to hear it on next week's Merchant Minute.

God damn Holla Forums, I didn't bother checking the names when I was young…

Well it's the damned Forward anyway.

Spot on

This "one race, the human race" has always irked me.

They do realize aborigines aren't even the same species as us right? They're straight cro-magnon with only the tiniest hints of neanderthal/denisovan genes floating around. And saying so doesn't mean it should be open season on abos and they'd be okay to hunt, hunting a sapient species capable of intelligent thought is pointlessly barbaric and abo meat would taste like garbage. Funnily enough the child of an abo and a white woman are known to be rife with disabilities and genetic issues, though such cases are rare because no one wants to bang aborigines.

To say that differences exist between humans isn't a radical concept anymore than it is to point out the difference between darwins finches. Human breeding is pretty similar to dog breeding or pigeon breeding, at least in terms of admixture.

How do these fucks expect to do genetic engineering if they can't even understand that humans are a genetically diverse group of creatures.

Oh, they understand it, quite well. They just don't want us to understand it.

I hate when people write like this or speak that way. Whether you think he's the worst person ever who can't write for shit, or you think he's the best and have a shrine of black dragon dildos for him, he's a journalist nonetheless. Saying that Dane Cook is a "comedian" doesn't somehow negate the fact that he's made an incredibly successful career performing comedy routines - even if his comedy is shit.

Anyway, I only read the first post since the "journalist" see how retarded that looks? seems to just talk about Redditors and bloggers rather than address HBD being legitimate or not.

(((ARI FELDMAN)))

Honestly, "conservative" should be in quotes.

So, these specific science grads are wrong because why?

So someone who actually knows what they're talking about gets the boot? This fucker isn't making his case real well.

What the fuck? Blacks are dumber though. I'm not a scientist but I've observed that all of my life. And of course this kike has to shill his "muh Israel" shit too.

Shut the fuck up.

Abos aren't Cro-Magnon at all.

They're a mix of early humans, neanderthals, denisovans and another archaic hominin.

archive.is/UeK5Q

Then the article goes on to mention Razib Khan, who doesn't count apparently because he contributed to a "racist" publication.

What about Gregory Cochran, Henry Harpending (now deceased, RIP), Steve Hsu, Dr, James Thompson, Peter Frost, Charles Murray, Linda Gottfredson, Helmuth Nyborg, Jason Richwine, Kevin M. Beaver, and Richard Lynn?

Checked and kek'd

Checked.

Fucking don't lump us in with the Republicuck/Cuckservative-lite group.

I fucking hate this meme. We're simply The Right. The actual Right. A whole spectrum of Right. In a time where the entire Western world has no Right political parties in seats of power.

Alt-Cuck, Cuckservatives and Republicucks are NOT Right, they are spineless, groveling beta cuck cowards that bend over for Leftist social pressure at every single fucking opportunity.

Also from The Forward:

archive.is/tsm2C

Classic doublethink.

But who checks the checkmen?

Thanks fam.

As awful as it sounds, articles like this prove hitler right about Jews. You can't even entertain their arguments, because there is no argument, there is only word play, hand waving, condescension.

He appears to spend only half a sentence addressing our core argument, that evolution occurs among humans too.

The only way to win this argument is to stare at their nose in disgust and ask them what their argument is.

Thanks user.

The time for arguing is long gone. I mean, I've never been the greatest debater but now really isn't the time for diplomacy. Shit's going down and it'll only get worse.

It's also an opinion piece in a Jewish magazine. The only people who care about it are Holla Forums and a Jews who might know a scientist. A scientist has no reason to listen to him.

I fucking hate how the SJWs and lefties stole that word. I used it moderately regularly when referring to mechanical things, IE, "That car's fuel injection is known to be problematic". Now, it's a fucking SJW buzzword, just like "triggered", so now I have to say "known to have or cause problems" just so I don't sound like some SJW faggot.

AHAHAHAHA

Nah, not really.

When i bring my problematic car up to you and tell you it's been a problematic piece of shit for the last 4 months and you tell me this modern Frog tin can is known for having all sorts of problematics you and i aren't going to be thinking of SJWs and their favorite buzzword.

You and i will be looking at a problematic piece of shit that needs fixing. Or more likely, me selling it to a scrap yard and getting a new car that's not fucking problematic.

We both will know we're not dealing with SJW cuck faggots because when we see each other we don't see nu-male beta faggots. We also don't talk like pussies nor care about fragile 'feelings'.

See it as 'social grease'. You'll know it when it hits you.

basically, the article says human biodiversity is a thing (no shit) but the use of the word "race" makes it racist pseudoscience. throw in a strawman that people who believe in human biodiversity want legislation based on it and denial that ashkenazi jews exist (lol) and you basically have the article.

Fuck that, don't let them take words from you, the more you concede that the word has SJW connotation instead of just a term referring to something with a problem the more the SJWs take over language and control it for their perverse ends, and if you control language, you control discourse, culture, and thought. Don't let that happen. I still use "Social Justice" in the classical sense, i.e. bringing opportunity to the less fortunate, shit like trying to help homeless be employable, reading to the blind, being charitable, etc. Hitler was one of the greatest agents of legitimate Social Justice to his people of all time. Using words with their legitimate meaning also helps illuminate the fuckery and sophistry that the left engages in constantly. When you have legitimate social justice being described as such, legitimately "problematic" things being described as such, etc. it makes the abuse of those words more apparent and the commie fucks seem even more insane. Control the context, control the future, I didn't let the hipster faggots and numales taint my beard by association so I sure as fuck am not going to let them control my vocabulary either.

So, do we win?

I wish they'd stop saying alt-right though

Human biodeversity is a lie.

All humans are the same!

Except for jews!

Nope, 90+ percent of people are not predisposed to think logically, most normies reading this will completely overlook the fact that there is no solid refutation offered and only rhetorical tricks and bullshit which reinforces the "biology = racist" meme and leads the reader to double down on cognitive dissonance. Unfortunately, this is enough to persuade people most of the time. The fact that 90 percent of people are not more rational than not means that persuasion is super effective, and yall motherfuckers need to read up on persuasion techniques and mass media to use the merchants weapons against him.

So If they had Neaderthal DNA while the Negroids did not. Then how come Negroids have higher IQs than the abbos?

None of the HBD bloggers I read believe in the Khazar hypothesis.

user, pls…

Not an argument.

Here are some pics of our friend (((Ari Feldman)))

Basically OY VEY, SHUT IT DOWN! repeated over and over.

he looks like an ape, barely evolved in most regards except language

I'm actually surprised the comments section isn't being raided. You can see they're hiding the top comments by sailer and rushton.

forward.com/opinion/national/346533/human-biodiversity-the-pseudoscientific-racism-of-the-alt-right/

disqus.com/home/discussion/jewish-daily-forward/how_the_alt_right_manipulates_the_data_to_prove_the_existence_of_race/

there's only one race, user
the evolutionary arms race

Maybe the Denisovan or the other archaic hominin DNA was more detrimental to the development of intelligence when compared to the advantage given by the Neanderthal DNA.

We have lived to see the day that Genetics is racist

It was always racist.

Well I guess but Genetics is getting called a Psudo Science now because it's Racist

I'm am happy with this decision. Sickle cell now doesn't exist. It is/was merely a *white* lie.

Isn't their attempt to attack this just a means of shifting the Overton Window to the right? I mean, I get that they will try to slow it down, but by acknowledging its existence they take the first step in normalizing it.

> jscreen.org/

This is the most Jewish thing I've seen in a while

fucking
BURN

Can you link me some shit to get me started please fam

So there it is.

The final push from "multiculturalism" to "there is no culture or race"

Expect people to go postal this month now.

Guess there's no reason for Israel to have borders now though!

but they can breed user. They are the same species.

That being said, the genetic difference between boongs and white people is greater than the difference between boongs and africans.

also fuck off you white dawg :^)

By the way just post this.

(((PURELY A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT)))

Kek

I'd like to see that guy explain that races don't exist to the forensic experts working for the FBI:

archive.is/IK5TS
fbi.gov/about-us/lab/forensic-science-communications/fsc/oct2004/case/2004_10_case01.htm

>"Ancestry was assessed by gross cranial morphology. Craniofacial features (broad face, nasal overgrowth, projecting zygomatics, blurred nasal sill, large teeth, and edge-to-edge bite) are characteristic of an individual of indigenous ancestry, and notably not of African origin (Bass 1995; Krogman and Iscan 1986; Rhine 1990)."

archive.is/xI1Ee
fbi.gov/about-us/lab/forensic-science-communications/fsc/jan2001/phillips.htm

>"The skull was analyzed metrically to determine the age, race, and sex of the victim. The anatomical features of the skull were determined to be of mixed racial origin, containing Khoisanoid, Negroid, and Caucasoid features (Figure 16)."

archive.is/rUgr3
fbi.gov/about-us/lab/forensic-science-communications/fsc/july2000/deedric1.htm

>"Forensic examiners differentiate between hairs of Caucasoid (European ancestry), Mongoloid (Asian ancestry), and Negroid (African ancestry) origin, all of which exhibit microscopic characteristics that distinguish one racial group from another."

No, you don't get it.

What he's saying is that yes, there are facts that say that race (le epic air quotes) is real. This is incontrovertible.

What he's saying is wrong is the conclusion.

When you use the data to reach conclusion A, you are using "Race Theory," while if you use it to reach conclusion B, you are using "relative genetic difference."

It's all rhetoric user. This guy is full of shit.

Don't just post that picture, post a link or something.

Which is what this article is really saying.

Maybe that's why they're mad.

oh im sorry does it trigger you that boys are masculine before their first month after birth and girls feminine likewise?
those pesky genes making some people taller and others more patient, why must we have this diversity! we need REAL diversity MAKE EVERYONE EQUAL BY FORCE :^)

Negroids aborigines are as fucked as abbos, it's just that
1. the Bantu farmers (70% of sub-saharan africans) were new invading group ala Indo-Aryans with iron, cattle, and agriculture as their weapons - and their caste schemes reward physically strong, more "intelligent" warriors
2. Admixture of caucasoid genes due to Islam - unlike Christianity, Muslims castrate their slaves and export back their half-breeds to Africa to become kings there.
3. Africa is much more hostile than Western Pacific, even Australia - you can just use fire to burn anything remotely hostile as Abos did for thousands of years, while at least niggers need to make tools to fight sometimes.

and by Negroid aborigines, I'm talking about pygmies and non-Bantus like that.

Same with Khoisan, deemed the "oldest human ancestry" by (((anthropology))). The Khoi adopted Bantu cattles and iron (and seems to have major Bantu admixtures) while the San are remnant hunter-gatherers and seem stuck in the stone age like Aborigines.

The first image would be better served with a betta smaragdina than an imbellis, since there are kikes actively working to get rid of the imbellis designation.

Seriously, they want to stop it from being called its own species.