Android Messaging

LibreSignal is now completely dead.
microG rquires Xposed or a ROM that allows AppID spoofing to run Signal. Telegram is untrustworthy cloud garbage. WhatsApp is facebook kikery. Antox crashes immediatly and is incomplete despite being in development for 3 years.
Well fuck me I guess. Nothing decent out there that's secure and good enough to even get my family to use.
Don't tell me to use ChatSecure. That shit is equally unreliable.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/LibreSignal/LibreSignal/issues/37#issuecomment-217211165
conversations.im/
github.com/WhisperSystems/Signal-Android/pull/5962
github.com/copperhead/Noise
fdroid.copperhead.co/repo?fingerprint=F0D4EB1193AD82FEB224BD1174B6FBD89A39D8ED988C9FFF2ADD0DCD1C4E271B
copperhead.co/android/docs/usage_guide)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What about Silence?

Not everyone has a contract with their phone. Using standard text messaging is a terrible idea.

I just wish Signal would provide official build downloads from somewhere other than Google Play.

Moxi is a cunt. One of the reasons LibreSignal got killed was because he objected to them using the word Signal.

It's moxies fault he trust (((google))) because it's more secure.
That's bullshit.
If he uses google libraries in his software I am pretty sure it's because he lets google datamine his "secure" software.
Signal was never secure from the beginning.

This
It was also because he didn't want libresignal to federate with others, to be distributed or to use the signal server.
He his also against PGP encryption
And treat his userbase has dumb fucks (honestly users are dumb but it's not a reason to do so)
See
github.com/LibreSignal/LibreSignal/issues/37#issuecomment-217211165
Read the entire thread it's interesting
either way moxie's a retard to think that the phone is secure if the users use the google play store.

Their are a lot of candidates for replacement
conversation is one of them
conversations.im/

Their is also matrix but I have some suspicions about it it was shilled way to fast and it's too young to have been audited correctly.

What about Kontalk?

Ring
Riot

Also yeah what the fuck why did the latest Antox update make it crash

There is Deltachat. That actually is email based so anybody with an email can use it.

What? What's the problem? It works the way which made Textseucre popular in the first place. No accounts, no registering, no google play.

Moxie is the biggest faggot. Try telling that to anyone outside of here and watch them lick his kosher balls.

Fuckit. I think I'm just going to set up a matrix server and run riot.

The last time I ran it (which wasn't too long ago) it ate messages constantly and had a habit of delivering late. No thanks.

Oh shit…
Signal is real cancer

What about XMPP hosted on cock.li for example?
And if you need muh security, put OTR on top of that.

Moxie needs to khs

What about Silence? Based off Signal before it went to gcm only. It goes through your text messages and encrypts them, in F-Droid. Last update was 12/30/16.

I have one friend who uses it but that's all.

Signal/OpenWhisperSystems are feds btw

How

-t. fed

there is this new app out there called "deltachat" I saw on f-droid repos and it also has an ios app. but imo I think k9mail is better.

It does not require SMS, only data + an email app.

anti-feature: you have to manually encrypt data using some alt method (deltachat)

I use LINE to talk to JAP friends
im 99% sure its not secure but why would you do ANYTHING security related on a fucking phone ever ?

That's not an excuse to not have secure communication options on phones.

There's a new Signal fork called Noise that uses the hard dependency removal from github.com/WhisperSystems/Signal-Android/pull/5962

You can get it from either GitHub[1] or Copperhead's F-Droid repository[2]. Note that voice calls are not supported (the reason why Moxie hasn't merged it, see GitHub discussion), but the rest works fine.

[1] github.com/copperhead/Noise
[2] fdroid.copperhead.co/repo?fingerprint=F0D4EB1193AD82FEB224BD1174B6FBD89A39D8ED988C9FFF2ADD0DCD1C4E271B (also see copperhead.co/android/docs/usage_guide)

It's not supported because Moxie expects the developer to support it when the source of the server is not even released.