Tl;dr: Poorfag Has Gross Apartment

So, a few years back the girl I was dating found this ridiculously cheap apartment that seemed like a great deal at the time.

-$495 rent
-That includes utilities and free internet.
-Completely free to make any alterations to the inside I want.
-No problem with pets and such.

About a year in the roof in the bedroom started leaking, then collapsed. Whole thing had to be replaced. Leak was "fixed".

Some months later it started leaking again, it was never really fixed. Had to deal with disgusting water dripping in from upstair's neighbor's bathroom, but by then I didn't want them coming back into my apartment, so I just patched it up with freaking duct tape.

Window air conditioner stopped working effectively. Black spots forming on the roof where the leak is. Examine non-functioning air conditioner, it's full of mold.

Basically the entire apartment's infected with the shit, and I'm fighting a completely losing battle with it. The cabinets under the kitchen sink constantly get a green powder all over them which I have to clean every few weeks. Basically ruled the interior a lost cause. Clothes, furniture, anything leather start growing this green powder all over them. Constantly washing them, not sure how to make it permanently go away. Apartment has developed a bad smell I simply don't notice until I've been out of the house for a while.

I'm at the point where I'm considering just cutting and running, but I can't afford to pay more than I am for rent.

I know, it's retarded I've put up with this so long and not asked for help, but I hate people going through my shit or seeing how I live. It's extra shitty because I was going to repaint the apartment and I'm realizing I'd basically just be covering over the mold and making it even harder to spot in the future.

What do you suggest I do? Note: Not killing self. I don't care if you're disgusted with me. Saging is still replying.

Burn it for the insurance

Kill yourself.

Find a different place, shit sounds fucked. Dunno what yur income looks like but you can get extra bucks doin freelance. I make my beer bucks by writing people's essays and freelancing stories (church group holds a BBQ! looky cute pics) and got an expensive printer. I use the printer to make posters, that advertise my ability to design and advertise shit. Just use whatever skills you have to make money under the table. You're lucky if you get a place less than 500$ a month, not including elec/water. Steal your internet or use boost mobile's 50$ for everything burner phones to get yur Holla Forums fix.

life sucks and then you die

Just leave. Breathing in mold will fuck you up.

Forgot to add, most importantly you gotta watch yur consumption. Cooking/1$ dinners compared to ordering chinese and eating at mcdonalds will save you so much money. PIRATE EVERYTHING. The only costs you should have are food and booze. Helping crowdfund shit and buying NEET artifacts online will kill yur savings so fast

Nigga you gon get cancer and die if you keep livin there

I don't have the money to just move out. I'd have to find another place with a deal this good or better.

Also, I've been poor for quite a while and that is very much how I'm already living. I "treat" myself to stuff like that only a few times a month, 90% of my meals are homecooked. I get a couple extravagant ones, but most of my meals are planned for price. A lot of chicken and rice. A lot of migas.

get a van and a gym membership

$495 rent is not even non-ridiculously cheap.

Okay okay OP here, hear me out for a second…

So yesterday I tore off the duct tape and reached up into the hole. It was fairly unpleasant, and I'm definitely wearing an eye mask next time I go near it. I had bought this waterproof caulking, and I tried filling up the area around the pipe, but it didn't work out. First off, I'd have to tear out more of the roof to be able to get my arm in there so I can get the caulk all the way around the pipes.

The other problem is despite it being advertised as setting in two hours and being waterproof, at the bottom it actually says "wait 36 hours before allowing water to contact." Now my upstairs neighbors use their bathroom every day of course, so after about 8 hours that reliable drip came down right onto my mattress. I don't even want to poke my head in to see what became of the caulk.

So… Here's my scheme… Clean and disinfect the area up there, open the hole up a bit bigger so I can get some quick-drying caulk around the pipes. Then duct-tape a layer of cheap cork coasters together to serve as a new first layer floor. On top of these coasters? Those bleach sponges they make now. Then I apply a bunch of duct tape beneath that, maybe plaster over it or something, and then paint over the whole thing.

Meanwhile, I replace the aid conditioner unit with a smaller one in each room of the apartment, and I splurge on an air purifier to pull the spores right out of the air. I should have some extra money next month to accomplish all this.

So what do you think?

good idea, but if you keep living with mold all over your house and breathing that shit in you will fucking die

just get a new place

It's fucking mould because you let the water dampen and it's grown spores which you will breathe in if you do not do something about it. Don't be a dickhead.

op, take some pics. i want to see your festering wounds

If it's leaking from above it could be a toilet flange on your neighbors toilet. Google replacing one of those.

OP YOU ARE SO FUCKING STUPID

You know you can sue the landlord for this shit right? Call a lawyer right now and make sure he's Jewish. You can get a lawyer to represent you during a lawsuit with no money if he gets like 50% of the settlement. He only gets money if he wins the case.

DO IT NOW FAGGOT HURRY

Like people said, ask for help/sue or gtfo because you will l i t e r a l l y die otherwise.

Anyone got a torrent for OP's movie in the trailer?

Bump did OP not be a faggot?

This or you can always be homeless, sounds like you would be better off

well you don't have to kill yourself if you keep living here as you're going to fucking die of mold poisoning at some point soon anyway, move the fuck out retard