/vghg/ - Video Game Hacking General

x86 assembly is mandatory in order to get anywhere.
Basic understanding of programming.
You must be able to explain functions, structs, conditions and pointers by heart in order to start hacking games
Basic debugging knowledge.

You will be able to cheat in video games, automate game play by making bots and have a greater understanding of software.

Game Hacking: Developing Autonomous Bots for Online Games

Other urls found in this thread:

multitheftauto.com
trinitycore.org
getmangos.eu
arcemu.org
youtube.com/user/wvdmc
longpoke.github.io/750602224faffeaf812ff2512e164e7ccefc5c8532868b5b6529b8f9e38327f9.html
unknowncheats.me/
shodan.me/books/Programming/Python/
heatst.com/gaming/battle-breaks-out-over-effort-to-classify-video-game-addiction-as-mental-illness/
gcc.godbolt.org/
github.com/enaqx/awesome-pentest
beginners.re/RE4B-EN.pdf
ryiron.wordpress.com/2017/02/01/finding-the-lost-vikings-reversing-a-virtual-machine/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0oekSefhQVJdk0hSRu6sZ2teWM740NtL
github.com/Hexorg/CheatEngineTables
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=A0759FE57A183C40967F5C563082581D
bunniefoo.com/nostarch/HackingTheXbox_Free.pdf
stackoverflow.com/questions/6542274/how-to-train-an-artificial-neural-network-to-play-diablo-2-using-visual-input
blog.openai.com/universe/
blog.openai.com/openai-gym-beta/
github.com/TorchCraft/TorchCraft
youtube.com/watch?v=RcBnhbOqDps
youtube.com/watch?v=xkdPjbaLngE
youtube.com/watch?v=Lj2YRCXCBv8
nostarch.
nostarch.com/malware
courses.missouristate.edu/KenVollmar/mars/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not really, Cheat Engine has nice tutorials for finding what memory addresses co-respond to what the game is doing. Other than that itself pretty much trial and error

Besides, not all games are x86. You can hack any 3DS game now for example with NTR plugins

Anyone know how to turn a ecot computer back to a normal working one , or bypass into the admin account

fuck off

What brand of autism would you prefer

Sweet, Holla Forums and /a/ weren't enough so we get Holla Forums too

What this user said
The cheat engine manuals is pretty good that's how I began scripting and also how I understood pointers.

A good game to practice this on is europa universalis.

Why waste your time on this? Are you Russian?

Are you african?

Will reply when brain figure out why you call cracking for hacking.

Or you could learn how to do something for yourself you stupid fucking nigger.

you see you're wrong user.
If I said
that would mean that I was a filthy goymer.
I insist on video games because they are fun to fuck with.

My agenda is simple.
I want people to get good at assembly because it is a dying skill that fewer and fewer people bother learning anymore.
I also want people to learn how to debug and patch binary data because that also is a skill that few people learn these days.
Beyond this you will also probably pick up some systems level programming knowledge.

Hacking video games is the best way to learn about low level programming because a tiny change may completely alter a game loop.
This offers a better reward for 50+ minutes of effort compared to traditional learning strategies.
Operating system development is another topic that teaches a lot of these concepts but it is slow and tedious and not very fun for people who are new to low level programming.

This hobby is purely academic in nature. You will probably not learn skills that are relevant to the job market.
If you want to learn something that will help you get a job learn Java+SQL and apply to the nearest pajeet code shop or learn Web Dev and save for HIV meds.
Very few companies need a person that knows assembly or low level debugging techniques these days and this is why its a very tempting skill to learn.
If you read one of the books on the OP, you will know something that fewer then 1% of programmers know how to do.

I understand that discord offends people but discord is also an easy way to communicate.
If I buy a mumble server for example there would be a smaller turn out compared to discord.
I cant stand in front of a speeding train and yell stop and expect it to stop.
If anyone would like to host a riot/slack/irc/mumble or any other chat autism go ahead.
I simply offer discord as a way for people to become more interested in this topic through social interaction.

I think that books too complicated for anyone who has 0 knowledge in assembly.

Anything more friendly?

hello

not going to be overly salty i'm just wondering why you go to these lengths to cheat at video games, knowing that winning is basically guaranteed and automatic because of an entirely artificial advantage?

is it just fun to design them from an academic standpoint? i'm unable to see how it improves the games themselves for you

inb4 b&. only time i've used an aimbot and speedhacks was lanning 1.6 to be a trolling fuck. it was actually boring not aiming

oh, if it's only for cheatengine then it doesn't matter at all. that's not the first thing that even springs to mind for me when i think of video game "hacking"

We live in a day when paying for advantages in the norm.
Your skill as a programmer is an extension of your ability. If you are able to modify some files on your side in order to win why not do it?

refer to

Last time I played a video game in general I felt like I was a doing the same thing over and over. When I looked over to my friends and asked them why they did this everyday, they replied with "Its fun".

Video games are essentially pointless hobbies that provide users with nothing of value.
The suits at game studios understand this and try to milk the dooling idiots that play video games for as much as they possibly can.
The only value a video game as a hobby has is to steer kids towards programming and technology.

Overall don't try to apply morality to video games because video games themselves are empty of any virtue.

how about one of you posts the book here or archives it in >>>/pdf/ or something

Look for "computer forensics" instead of "reverse engineering", and you will find many books which are much easier for beginners.

What is multi-player?

Social posturing is usually why people play online games

I used to make public hacks for World of Warcraft. Don't know about now, but pre 2010, it hardly had any server side checks for movement.

All simple too. For a flyhack, I found the code that checks if you're in water and changed a conditional JMP to always JMP. Can swim anywhere.

I prefer to make bots that make it look like there is an actual player playing.
Writing to memory is not as satisfying.

Now that are some great multi-player game hacks. The Multi Theft Auto mod and the WoW servers. I would love to see one for the FIFA games, since FIFA11 was the last one with LAN.

multitheftauto.com

trinitycore.org
getmangos.eu
arcemu.org

I did it to learn and practice reverse engineering and coding. I went from cracking shareware to hacking games. Didn't really care about gaining an advantage in the game.

If you're interested in reverse engineering here's some useful books.

The only reason I would want to learn to hack games is to reverse-engineer some of the old games and make source port for them like OpenXCom, Exult or Nuvie. It would be great to have modern ports of games like Master of Orion/Magic, Wing Commander, System Shock, Heroes of Might & Magic, and so on. Usually people have figured out the file formats, but the problem is the game rules, AI, physics, and other gameplay details.

You can, but its not "mandatory" like the faggot OP implies

I wish it wouldn't take so fucking long to learn all this. How long would it take to learn x86 assembly, learn using debugging and memory scanning tools and read the books OP listed? I'd really like to learn all this but I'll probably lose motivation while going through the reading material before I actually get to break games.

Start with Cheat Engine, an older game and a tutorial. In a few hours you'll be breaking games pretty easily.

It depends on how deep you want to go. It's not worth the effort if you want to do it for gaming. If you want to go through the painstaking process of mastering reverse engineering you can find 0days in software if you're lucky and sell them to Russia or China.

if you're a NEET you can be writing your own map hacks in 3 months.
(assuming you study 4 hours a day)

If you simply want to fuck with games only read the first book the second and third are more advanced topics.

The first book tends to quickly pass over a topic so if you don't understand something right away it would help to read up on it somewhere else.

Best plan is to teach yourself a chapter a week

your CPU has registers that can hold values.
registers are like value holders on your CPU.
your CPU needs registers to do mathematical operations on values.
CPU's load values from your RAM into the registers in order to do mathematical operations on those values and save them back into RAM
Your computer cant do mathematical operations on RAM so it loads values into the CPU in order to do the operations.
This is why your CPU is called a central processing unit

you are limited to the number of registers on a CPU
registers can have names such as EAX EBX ECX.
Some registers are used to keep track of the state of your program.
Flag registers and instruction pointer registers are examples of registers that cant be used for general usage by the programmer.
Registers that can be used to do general tasks such as mathematics and storage are called general purpose registers.

Most assembly code is written in this manner
[Instruction] [operand] [operand]

To store values in registers you type:
MOV EAX 5 : move 5 into register EAX

MOV is an instruction that will move the value 5(value) into EAX(register)
You can also do mathematical instructions on registers such as addition subtraction.

You now know 30% of assembly

You can literally hack most modern games by following any of the GAZILLION videos on gamehacking uploaded to youtube by an army of skids

Like this faggot for example
youtube.com/user/wvdmc

this is how you hack a game
longpoke.github.io/750602224faffeaf812ff2512e164e7ccefc5c8532868b5b6529b8f9e38327f9.html
no assembly but you can apply all these concepts to C++ games as well
also: unknowncheats.me/

Its even funnier because making a program that is on your computer run in a better and different way is hacking, not cracking.

Except its has been proven in studies many times over that playing video games has various positive effects, depending on the genre.

Playing is an essential trait that separates the mammals from the rest of the animals, giving us the ability to learn fast and better.

You're autistic. If you cheat in a multiplayer game, and think its morally fine, you're even more autistic and probably russian.

cheating in games is morally right because pajeet-tier games get rekt (because they're full of exploitable bugs such as allowing the client to choose his coordinates) and become irrelevant

You are the autistic one if you think "muh morals" have anything to do with the act of playing and its benefits for cognitive development. Playing also isn't exclusive just to mammals you ignorant fuck.

Not letting some abstract rules dictate you how you should have your fun, modifying the game itself to give you more fun requires way more thought than blindly obeying some game rules that the developers made. In your ignorance you most likely also never thought if the abstract rules are made to give you those "positive effects" or simply keep you in a constant mindless dopamine seeking loop, which is the case for most repetitive games.

Change the rules all you want, just don't do it in multiplayer esport games.

Just don't play on shitty servers and you'll do fine, user.

I agree with you user.
I would be salty too if I spent my youth grinding video games only to see someone else come in, learn useful skills and do everything you did in 10 years in 10minutes.
That being said I am 100% against hacking online video games.
Online video game hacking can have your website shut down. look at cheat engine forums and what happened to them.

mah nigga. I was wondering if I was going to see this recommendation. This is a very nice read.

I did not say the morals have anything to do with the benefits, please work on your reading comprehension.

The number of non-mammals that engage in play-like behavior, even if you make that definition very broad, can be counted on one hand. Daun.

I'm not sure how to approach the second line since its based on a misunderstanding. My point was extracting fun by ripping it out of the cold dead hands of opponent players is rude, callous, and I think most people would agree morally wrong.

I see your call and I'l raise you one better. Gray Hat Python.pdf 8be-d-0471-53955-3316c-f5814-8542e-4b2f-adc-b6a-08

Good shit. Thanks, OP.

Cheating is found in all sports user.
Hacking just makes e-sports even more legitimate.
You should be cheering on hackers as they make video games equal to foot ball and other ball games that subhumans like to watch for some reason.

it's in the gentoomen's library
shodan.me/books/Programming/Python/

any game that gives advantage to retards who spent more time leveling up deserves to get rekt

Thanks for sparking my interest in this again. Did a few levels of the HTS reverse engineering challenges way back, and it was a comfy way to activate those almonds. Playing with games like Progress Quest and other low hanging fruit.

People who are caught get punished. This isn't done in the open for everybody to celebrate, it is done underground away from the knowledge of the rest of the players who want to play a game according to the rules of the developer.

might makes right.

game hacking exists because there is a collective of man-children who pay for cheats.
once a person learns how to cheat a video game, the want to cheat completely fades away due to the person knowing the structure of the game and realizing the pointlessness of playing or even trying to cheat at the game.

The people who find value in the act of cheating video games tend to be morons that don't understand the logic behind the video game.
The people who create hacks do so in order to sell it to the dopamine addicts that play the game or simply as a challenge to their reverse engineering ability.

I can make a guarantee. Anyone who reads all the books in the OP will have zero drive to play video games that are based on a grind/reward loop.
I can guarantee this because I realized that subhumans are incapable of sitting down and doing something for more than an hour.
If you are able to sit down and read a 400 page book in a month or two. You are able to control yourself and not be affected by video games that reward prolonged grinding.

Video games work on this principle user.
"If I am able to X I will have fun"
You end up trying to get X over and over and the few times people get X they feel great.
When hacks are introduced X becomes a common thing and the player starts to realize that the game itself is boring.

Look at the WoW private server scene, 1x exp servers are considered to be the best servers because of "community"
In reality MMO players need a goal to strive for. If they have everything they don't have anything to do because the game itself is boring.
Players also hate hackers because they don't want others to reach the goal before them.

The "Fun" in these games is the journey, the struggle to get to the end. Not the game itself.
The reason they feel that the struggle is fun is due to micro mile stones that are scattered along the way.
As mentioned before, subhumans cant focus on one thing for more than an hour. They need a reward every 10minutes in order to continue focusing on a task.

They become hypnotized by this cycle and end up sitting on their asses for 8hours doing essentially nothing of value.
They hate hackers because they are unable to spend 6months learning a skill with little reward. They need a reward every 10minutes or they lose interest in the activity.

There is literally nothing wrong with paying for cheats. Well at least it's not any worse than paying for games or any other digital entertainment. Certainly, paying for digital stuff is for suckers but I wouldn't make a distinction between somebody who buys a game and somebody who buys cheats.

If by 'finding value' you mean having fun then they are no worse than the people getting entertained by the unmodified version of the game. I would take it even further and say that those people have a more refined taste because they have a certain vision of how they should have their fun and wont settle for anything less and also wont waste their time with unnecessary bullshit.

In the end its all just entertainment, of course its nice to have a hobby that's also productive. Somebody earlier said that one of the values video games have is that they can spark an interest in the technical aspects of the game, I'd say that playing with cheats/modding the game would help even more and is certainly more productive than a plain vanilla game.

'capped

No, MMOs are glorified asperger chatrooms, with some normalfags.
When aspergers, usually introverts, mean by social 'social' is without the drain when interacting in real life.
The grindan is just the means they're both there socializing. It's like a job, people shoot the shit and banter.
Then there's also the achievement aspect. Proving yourself better than normal at your dumbass 'job.' It's like some fag who can fold pizza boxes fastest, who gives a shit?

Did mr robot start this meme?

IRC is a asperger chat room.
MMO's are crack cocaine in addiction and cost.

I am surprised western governments have not stepped in to regulate them yet.

I feared this could happen, and it seems to be getting closer every day. mfw swat team break down door for running illegal underground MMO

It's on its way, in a different form
heatst.com/gaming/battle-breaks-out-over-effort-to-classify-video-game-addiction-as-mental-illness/

are you retarded?
that is the whole point of game hacking, to give yourself an advantage over other people and make them mad at the same time

hacking online games is fun.
online games also take time to hack.

if you're new, trying to hack online will be annoying and can cause a person to put up their hands and quit

i wasnt arguing about difficulty but rather the fact that people get butthurt about cheaters in online games.
apart from learning there is no point cheating in single player games. mp is where its at

the fact that this is even considered shows how cucked the west is. one minute you think you can do whatever the fuck you want. next minute NOPE ILLEGAL AND IMMORAL and suddenly entire culture is brainwashed against it and it's okay to have gunmen come arrest you for doing it

The subhuman animals must be protected from being exploited by the government. Mmos are created to waste peoples time and money and nothing else, they are an evil

So are imageboards. And yet you are here.

the video game market was forced to put up ratings on their games to protect children from blood and gore. I don't see how mmo censorship is any different

case in point. i'm making an MMO myself which has no leveling system to waste your time. however, unfortunately there are still other elements that make you waste your time. I originally indentend it to be a simple deathmatch game (like UT99, no time wasting what so ever) but some branch of ideas lead to an MMO which is too interesting not to make. Law has nothing to do with this. If you don't want your kids to see the blood and shit, go lookup the game yourself before letting your kid play it. Not my problem.

Nothing will come from this.
Imagine all the ideas guy with no ability to see something to its end. are you really above them?
Good for you if you actually get this going. I mean the retards on Holla Forums do enjoy hearing the words "perma death" so you may attract them for a few days.
Going by the estimates, your game will die before you have a working copy running.
Events such as leveling up are vital for an addiction to occur and if you are unable to addict a person you need to wow them with god like programming skills which you don't have.
Rather than deluding yourself, try to do something productive like reading a book on algorithms or learning basic programming which i don't think you know.

no one care about game cheating?

This. The sport to me is finding the exploit.

Don't act all smug and shit when you're the real cancer in video games, go back to reddit.

How do hack mw3 servers?

Blease respont

people still play mw3?
why don't you play mw online like everyone else?

Delekgolo, is that you?
Thanks for the books man. I've been looking to get into more system level stuff.

who is that?

Dont worry. 90% of the population plays video games. A states man proposing a anti video game law would be suicide

In real-life scenarios this would've been a disaster because of your autism, for now I'll let you off with a warning.

why would anyone bother cheating when you can just get loot packs/DLC/in-game currency at a huge discount if you buy a lot at once?

why would anyone buy pointless virtual video game items?

Hacking video games is not exactly the goal that you should strive you achieve. Hacking video games is a game that you play with yourself while learning about reverse engineering.

Its a bit like pic related but inverted.
You teach yourself how to hack games in order to play games but you end up learning how to do low level program analysis.

People who have more self respect will go down a less fun road.

I agree 100%. If you're simply looking to win in a game, don't waste your time with all the learning needed in order to get a reward. Just pay for it and enjoy.
It will take a non programmer a few years just to read and understand the books in the OP, don't waste your time. Simply enjoy what you are doing and spend a few bucks on the game. If you're not a NEET your time is worth at least $15 an hour.

Hacking vidya is a goal by itself. You don't do it because you want free items, you do it because you like to take games apart and hack inside their inner workings. It's like playing a game with your game.

And what's the rest 70% of it?

the stack/heap, call conventions, flags etc etc.

Just read a book on assembly.
assembly is a very simple language, the difficulty comes from all the memorization needed

not him, but it's just a matter of getting used to the notation, learning the common instructions(there aren't that many) and looking up more uncommon ones(there's a lot of them, but most of them are obscure shit you might never see).
attached are intel's documentation for the various instructions.
gcc.godbolt.org/ let's you write C code and shows you generated assembly for a variety of compilers, including ICC

You're assuming his goal is to make a successfull videogame, but for all we know he could be just doing it in his leisure because he enjoys it(and getting proficient at programming etc. is extremely useful)

>gcc.godbolt.org/
thanks for the useful link friend

int n = 4;for(int i = 0; i < n/2; i++){;}////int n = 4;int p = n/2;for(int i = 0; i < p; i++){;}
woah I really thought those two were identical.

Turn on optimisations and they are

oh yeah I just realised that

Wasn't assembly complex because of how complex are modern CPUs? A friend of mine who studied electronics said debugging an embedded CPU program at the assembly level was insanely fucking difficult because you had to account for how long it took your machine instruction to leave the pipeline or something like that.

More resources:

github.com/enaqx/awesome-pentest

beginners.re/RE4B-EN.pdf

ryiron.wordpress.com/2017/02/01/finding-the-lost-vikings-reversing-a-virtual-machine/

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0oekSefhQVJdk0hSRu6sZ2teWM740NtL

Anão é irmão.

hi quality b8

Thanks buddy

if anyone cares, the cheat engine forum got shut down for having cheat tables on their website.

they are back now but they have taken down the cheat tables and uploaded them to github.

github.com/Hexorg/CheatEngineTables

Who shut it down? The jews?

Just adding a couple more relevant books.
Granted, it's kinda advanced, and you probably can't learn it in a week, but you want to move beyond just changing numbers in cheat engine, this is where you need to start. I also included an arm64 manual, in case you wanna hack mobile games or Nintendo Switch games or whatever.

These were too big to attach.
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=A0759FE57A183C40967F5C563082581D
bunniefoo.com/nostarch/HackingTheXbox_Free.pdf

I grew up on 8-bit computers, and assembly language was easy. You could even directly write the hex codes, if you didn't have an assembler. Just a tabular printout of the op codes -> hex equivalent was enough. Anyway if you were going to use BASIC's POKE instruction to load them in memory, they had to be in numeric format.
Some years later I tried to get into x86 asm, but it seemed like a really fucked-up architecture on many levels, so I just code in Turbo Pascal instead, with only small bits of inline asm to speed up inner loops.
If you're just starting out, 8-bit is easiest. MIPS might be ok too.

How about the 8601?

PLS REPLY

This

is there any way to dive into windows programming without breaking something (such as an appendage or vital organ)? i figured reading memory from processes would be easy until i had to find the position of the program in memory given a PID

no.

So what games are you guys fucking with? It seems this thread has only touched its intended subject superficially so far.

what game do you propose?
there is no single game that is the subject of this thread. its simply an area where people can propose ideas or point people to tools

I should propose a game to you? I was just wondering that this thread seems to be more discussion of the topic and less discussion within the topic. I'd be interested to find an mmo ripe for exploitation because those seem to be the most deserving of automation.

I suggest we go over to /vg/ and pick out a private server.
Private servers are better to fuck with due to the long periods that it takes developers to patch changes if they do at all.

if you are willing make an IRC channel or join the discord to communicate faster.
we should probably also set up a Git server in the future.

I was absent for a spell but I agree, are there any you favor?

What the fuck I thought battleeye was a shit anti cheat I can run a muck in arma and not get fucked

I try this shit out in Rainbow 6 Siege and after 1 match I get fucked

Don't mind me just link posting
stackoverflow.com/questions/6542274/how-to-train-an-artificial-neural-network-to-play-diablo-2-using-visual-input
blog.openai.com/universe/
blog.openai.com/openai-gym-beta/
github.com/TorchCraft/TorchCraft

youtube.com/watch?v=RcBnhbOqDps
youtube.com/watch?v=xkdPjbaLngE
youtube.com/watch?v=Lj2YRCXCBv8

well..since its online video games, its probably the Chinese not the jews.
The jews are not so small time that they need to waste your time in order to have you pay $15 a month

This kind of cancerous SJW^W corporate justice warrior shit is why I started hacking video games and completely destroyed a few big titles. I can publish whatever I want about how your stupid code works, go fuck yourself if you think otherwise.

Why bother with AI when you can just edit the game to set your health and damage to 999999, and on the few games that are not retarded enough to fall for that, just exploit the other 9000 bugs in them?

Anyone know if Pracical Malware Analysis is good? It seems like it would be applicable to this subject

nostarch. com/malware

>nostarch.com/malware

fixed your broken link baka

Thank you sweetie

think of it as the sort of satisfaction and astonishment a kid has in watching a printer print for the first time, but much cooler

helps break out of the skinner box and get to the good stuff or realise there isn't much good stuff. It's the same as how learning to program steers you away from junk software into stuff that cares about not wasting your time.

If you're looking to get into assembly, MIPS is an easy start. courses.missouristate.edu/KenVollmar/mars/

its a big difference if you actually make your own cheats instead of using someone elses
and of course many people just do it for money

It's the fucking jews son.

its still alive btw.
pls reply

The thread itself is death...
The discord server is still alive.

i wrote a hack for an online game, what do i win?

if it was any good you win the game

use it to exploit the vegetables that play your game

Can anybody help me with server side hacking? Say send a request to the server then modify so you can get so many of an item back?

what kind of shit game would allow such simple approaches?

Mobile

XXMP is good.

sounds oddly fitting

how do i go about bypassing Easy Anti Cheat for a specific online game(darkfall rise of agon)?

I'm open to all possibilities. even if it means firewall blocking EAC to be able to play for only 5 mins

There are many ways that you can avoid cheaters user.
You can play with your friends or on a private server and they won't follow you.
Most games these days have anti cheating mechanisms and effective support structures for reporting hacking so there is really little chance you will come across me or anyone else in this thread.

HAHA OH WOW

New games have hacks available before they are even relased
There is NO escape from cheaters.

You must have shitty friends then.

this is bait

bump