Why does the World exist?

More philosophically oriented discussion, though I felt it'd fit here considering my leanings towards an explanation in alignment with Marxist theory.

Recently I read the Hegelian account of our being. Hegel rules that reality is essentially Pure Being and Pure Nothing. As they are dialectical twins, our reality is the synthesis: Pure Becoming. This formula is rather clean and fits well into the Marxist account of history, which sees us ascending from simple modes of organization to ever more complex ones (eventually to come about overthrowing class society, to form a universal whole of humanity).

To sum up my question for discussion, why is this happening? What explanations that aren't circular or "Brute facts" could yield reason for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GnjsoBF5Ay0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It exists because I am there to percieve it.

Once I die, the world will end.

Because the universe is a novelty conserving engine.

youtube.com/watch?v=GnjsoBF5Ay0

Sure is Intro. To Philosophy in here

Hurr Durr "Esse est percipi!"

There's no reason, that's why our existence is so painful.

The world as I percieve it is only the world as I percieve it. I do not know if it is real of if anything exists outside my perception.

Thus the world is my property. It only exists because of me, as it is the result of my senses.

No reason really, the "World" we live in just IS

And you're why human intelligence is falling

One argument I've read went something along the lines of this:

The meta-rule of our existence is Simplicity. Simplicity would rule that there would be no rule, for nothingness is the simplest concept. Thereby, our world exists on no basis of reason.

Because that is its nature.

I love this.

There is no reason. If the universe didn't exist, you wouldn't be here to be a total baby about its existence.

got any proofs of that?

The burden of proof is one the person claiming there to be something, not the person saying that something doesn't exist.

The ego realizes the existance of the sensual world but doesnt see it as higher but as utility.

'' There is a difference whether my liberty or my ownness is limited by a society. If the former only is the case, it is a coalition, an agreement, a union; but, if ruin is threatened to ownness, it is a power of itself, a power above me, a thing unattainable by me, which I can indeed admire, adore, reverence, respect, but cannot subdue and consume, and that for the reason that I am resigned. It exists by my resignation, my self-renunciation, my spiritlessness,[Muthlösigkeit] called — HUMILITY.[Demuth] My humility makes its courage,[Muth] my submissiveness gives it its dominion.

But in reference to liberty, State and union are subject to no essential difference. The latter can just as little come into existence, or continue in existence, without liberty’s being limited in all sorts of ways, as the State is compatible with unmeasured liberty. Limitation of liberty is inevitable everywhere, for one cannot get rid of everything; one cannot fly like a bird merely because one would like to fly so, for one does not get free from his own weight; one cannot live under water as long as he likes, like a fish, because one cannot do without air and cannot get free from this indispensable necessity; etc.''

Don't you mean the Unique One?

The Universe is a simulation, created in the 10/0th dimension. Paralel Universes are other simulations. Black holes are storing information. We cannot know why the simulation was made and it doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter that it's a simulation, as you cannot do anything to change it.
Thus, all we can do is keep living in it.

How can you verify that it's a simulation?

Do high level mathematics.

Yeah sure mate.

. Fichte’s ego too is the same essence outside me, for every one is ego; and, if only this ego has rights, then it is “the ego,” it is not I. But I am not an ego along with other egos, but the sole ego: I am unique. Hence my wants too are unique, and my deeds; in short, everything about me is unique. And it is only as this unique I that I take everything for my own, as I set myself to work, and develop myself, only as this. I do not develop men, nor as man, but, as I, I develop — myself.

I've heard of this and I've tried to learn about it a bit, but I'm no mathematician.

Tell me, then, why do "high level mathematics" prove the simulation theory? Is it that the mathematics demand that the universe be a simulation, or is it that the universe actually is a simulation and mathematicians are only just realizing it now?

Physicist here.

The world exists because I don't know

Just kidding. I'm a Hegelian too, so I'm an idealist.

qt 3.1415965358

GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL GÖDEL

WE CANNOT KNOW WITH CERTAINTY THAT MATHEMATICS APPLY TO THE REAL WORLD

It doesn't.
Nothing can.
We cannot observe it from the outside.

But.

Does it matter? If you could prove it, would it change anything?
Would you live your life differently?

Another problem would be that if we find out that it's a simulation, the experiment (whatever it is) would likely be compromised and the whole thing would likely be shut down.

Which is scary

ok. got any proofs of THAT?

Am I the only fucking person in the world that NEVER had this question and hasn't found it profound or interesting at all?

We can ask why certain things exist, why certain kinds exist, why certain relations are there, but what the fuck is the question of why existence exists? It's a confused question, you don't realize you're asking nonsense.

What do you think there is OTHER than existence? For there to be something other than existence to be the reason for existence, guess what? That other thing? It has to fucking EXIST.

Nah. I don't think that would happen.
We are only one experiment in infinity.

Unless we can traverse to the 10th dimension (and we cannot) IT DOESN'T MATTER!

The Vienna circle did nothing wrong.