Where Silence Has Lease

These were some of the best episodes of the entire series.

How can people recommend skipping Star Trek Next Generation Season 2?

all of those except for the Q episode are fairly generic and boring
better picks would be the moriarty episodes, Q episodes, klingon/romulan episodes, darmok, picard/riker going insane episodes

The second season definately isn't as bad as people claim, mostly because the series isn't as good as people claim.

it wasn't that bad either
i think it just gets ruined by all the liberal views from picard and part of the crew
without picard, ds9 worked a lot better since the federation was a way more believable real communist society, and the series benefited from that believability

The Measure of a Man was the first really good episode.

"The Neutral Zone" (season 1) is one of the few Trek episodes that show how shitty and boring is the "future" envisioned by Roddenberry.

more like ☭Star Trek☭

more like (((☭)))

Seasons 1 and 2 had interesting villians, then from season 3 onwards is just muh romulans and muh cardassians later.

I really enjoyed season one episode 'Conspiracy'.
It was like a self contained thriller movie in 40 minutes. Very entertaining with a great build up and final few moments.

Don't forget the Klingons on their civil war.

I like the atmosphere of this episode for some reason.

I just didn't like Polaski. Everything else was fne with S2, but she got so much screentime and her voice annoyed me. Plus that smug expression constantly pissed me off.

it's not like beverly was any better

I thought Pulaski was a better character than Crusher. She brought the old-school McCoy vibe to the cast. A little down-to-Earth sass was needed to balance out all the pie-in-the-sky utopianism that the show pushed so hard.

McFadden left the show after S1 because she saw herself moving into movies (every TV actor's end goal, which comparitively few ever realize). She had a bit part in The Hunt for Red October, and played a minor character in Taking Care of Business (a by-the-numbers Jim Belushi vehicle), and then she went right back to TV, finishing TNG (and the movies) and she's done some one-offs here and there. In the late 80s/early 90s, she was still pretty quality milf material, and that was probably her hook. It didn't really get her anywhere, though.

Diana Muldaur, on the other hand, has television credits going back to the mid 50s. While not much to look at (especially with the 80s power-perm-mullet they gave her), she had way better acting chops. They threw Pulaski into the shit all the time. Crusher's raison d'etre was being really concerned about things and being the best mother she could be for Wesley. Yawn.

Crusher, as a character, expanded through the season and into the movies, and ended up not so bad - especially after they managed to ditch Wil Wheaton (what a faggot lol). It's too bad we'll never know what Pulaski would have turned out like.

because Crusher had no character after her season one Picard relationship shtick fizzled.

Crusher was easier on the eyes though, and her tone was very 'Den mother' which the show needed. She was the female head of the ship. The actress was actually kinda pissed her character never hooked up with Picard.

It was very TOS.

You'd think they'd all kill themselves given how bland and boring their future is. There would be no reason to leave the holodecks.