Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Android
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No

Not a faggot so don't have a 'smart' phone

No, I use fdroid

ye

but it's crap and botnet, though
I am too lazy to bother with ungoogling my android system, because I am almost sure google won't try to fuck me in near future.

some free software I also build from sources, removing pieces which I don't need when it's easy enough

No, I use F-droid and apkpure

i bet you dont even have a wife

Replicant 6.0, f-droid

Speak to me in that tone again and my boyfriend will smack you

I just manually download apks from seedy chinese middleman bots that download them from google play. I don't update apps but once or twice a year.

Not giving you access to the apk should be illegal.

replicant crap supports maybe one phone model. and it's expensive one

why the niggers won't support poor phone for poor people? fucking capitalist shits

Nothing. I don't need apps. In fact I disabled play and all other programs that I don't use on a daily basis.

then why use android crap at all? You can have great feature phones or smartphones like symbian, blackberry.

Android apps are just crap shits like websites

Because he contradicted himself.

First thing I do with a new phone is strip Google Play Services and install F-Droid. My battery life is massively improved and Android is much smoother.

The only thing that sucks about it is OsmAnd vs Google Maps. What with google being basically omniscient, their map API is leaps and bounds better than Osm is. Fucking botnet even keeps track of how many cars are at each stop light in real time.

enjoy your chinese zombie phone

Those are just aggregated from local traffic services.
I know for a fact that Google uses the Australian service called VicRoads for this. VicRoads have an online map they update, and Google just copies it.
They even include all the errors that VicRoads has. I presume it's the same for every country.

The botnet is evolving faster than we can resist.

Yalp store

/thread

it's not like it's their choice faggit. you don't get to choose what hardware is easy to reverse-engineer and which isn't. You can blame the phone manufacturers for only putting proprietary crap in the market in the first place

No
F-Droid

is a better idea though

Shit sliding thread

Gentoo for phones when?

Use Yalp Store. It pulls apks directly from Google.

1. No.
2. I don't.

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Android

I download it now. Fantastic! can't believe i didn't know it existed until now

no. gentoo

Maps is one of the few Jewgle apps that fully work without play services

kek

But that isn't possible due to the base band.

open source = crap
closed source = quality

use aptoide lite

Not that user but for me because it was the only shit phone and provider that works out in the middle of nowhere. Swapped out four before an android finally picked the closest cel tower.

true but you should use as much as possible. CopperheadOS with only open source apps = good shit

i thought i needed tons of closed source apps but i got a new phone and tried only using open source apps and i had no issue at all.

CopperheadOS = expensive Pixel or bootlooping Nexus 5X or 6P.

Let me know when Copperhead works on a non-bootlooping phone that costs less than CA$900. It's a great OS in theory, but I sure as hell can't afford to run it.