Using adblock to watch Crunchyroll

surfing the web without adblocker can cause eye cancer and it isn't good for your nerves either

usually they're​ easy enough to ignore though

one full site ad every now and then is enough, also ads are used to track the shit out of you

yeah but what are they going to get out of me?

big ad networks can track every site you visit

..as long as they have ads there

so?

if you think this isn't a problem, then i guess were done here.

im not saying i like it but you aren't elaborating at all

As a business, if you rely on ads for income your product is not valuable enough to market. You should expect to go under if you try to market it anyway. The purpose of advertising is not to generate income, it is to increase brand awareness in order to establish a product and/or increase market share on a product which is already established. Advertising is NOT supposed to be bringing you an income, which is why it is always listed on financial reports as an "expense".

Those statements are true for all businesses, both online and IRL.

The issue is even more fucked up for online businesses because of the very fundamental structure of the internet itself. It was designed specifically to give total control to the end user, in order to ensure the free and open exchange of ideas. That includes preventing the internet from being monetized, among other things. They did a really good job with this, which is why all efforts at controlling the internet find themselves playing "catch-up" with user-generated measures to keep the internet unrestricted. Businesses need to recognize what that ultimately means. It means that in the short term they will be spending ever-increasing amounts of money to develop measures to advertise and secure their products online…the costs are already astronomical, and they increase at every step. That expense will have to be passed on to the customer or taken as a profit loss. Long term, that is not sustainable. There will come a point for every business, no matter how large or small, where the financial cost of doing business online exceeds the profit they derive from it.
This eventuality is inescapable due to that very fundamental nature of the way the internet is designed. It *will* happen. To everyone. The sooner businesses accept this the sooner they will be able to adapt to doing business in the 21st century in a more productive way.

I keep AdBlock on all the time, no exceptions. I also run NoScript, which allows me to retain all the functionality of a website that using AdBlock alone would strip off. FlashBlock is also useful, and I use that on most sites, but NoScript is the key for me. If you know how to use it well you can control nearly everything about how webpages get displayed in your browser. You get to pick what you see and what you don't. Used in conjunction with AdBlock, you can even strip embedded ads out of scripts, vids, and swf files without losing any website functionality at all.

No Crochet Bikinis, no "apply directly to forehead", no autoplay video popups, no flashing banners…just the content I want. That is what the internet was designed to be.

Oh yeah, I can hear the objections now…"But what kind of quality will the content have on that kind of internet?" My answer to that is very simple: The internet was not designed to make value judgments. Quality is judged by the individual user. EVERY idea, good and bad, will be out there. EVERY piece of information, true and false, will be out there. It will be very much like the real world where individuals with good judgment will benefit tremendously, and individuals with poor judgment will suffer equally tremendously. The internet was not designed for conducting business, or even for acting as an entertainment medium. It was designed to allow people to openly and freely communicate information and ideas without restriction. That means that you may have to wade through a lot of shit. A lot of ugliness. A lot of criminal activity. Just like in real life. It was never designed to be paradise.

Are you fucking stupid? Are you fucking retarded?

Advertising is an expense you faggot

What about companies don't offer physical products?

They sell your personal information

honestly though it has gotten out of control how many ads some sites use, one YouTube page comes up with 25 ads blocked

You are dumb. You are like so dumb.

Advertising is an expense for company A because they give money to company B to do the advertising.