Is romance just a construct of the capitalist system or do I just want it to be so that I can have an excuse to not...

Is romance just a construct of the capitalist system or do I just want it to be so that I can have an excuse to not fulfill my natural desires out of cowardice of others?

Other urls found in this thread:

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/for-ourselves-everyday-love-the-last-refuge-and-the-last-closet-of-desire
robin-woodard.eu/spip.php?article863
archive.org/details/TheArtOfLoving
crimethinc.com/texts/atoz/joinresistance.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Romance in the 19th century sense? Love, though of course biologically/chemically driven (as are effectively all human activities if you go down that route), is real and must be embraced. Even having a crush can make the sun shine for us. Capitalism and love were wedlocked (uhuh) until the romantic era when love could truly be an expression of oneself, divorced from the goal of ensuring economic status

but how can love be love when it's nothing but skin

I can already tell this is going to be a quality thread.

maybe if you'd offer a decent reply it wouldn't be so shit faggot

The question itself is shit and not worth a serious response. I'd rather shitpost and make fun of OP

Of course but we don't experience things like that. Love can be quantified, yes, but not an individual's process of love with another individual. Love is a process not a state

Sure, life is just matter colliding and shit so let's all kill ourselves

Why is it shit

Because it's /r9k/-tier and poorly-phrased.

No, it is ubiquitous to human society. Bourgeois values of courtship ("romance", which even then isn't accurate since romance is more general and comes before capitalist society) are specific to capitalism, but that hardly amounts to love in general.

No. Learn what a social construct is.

Probably. And probably you are using the ol' "if only I had a gf I'd be happy :'((" as a displacement from the real sources of your depression. No well-adjusted person cares really cares all that much about being in a relationship, but bourgeois values of courtship and the alienation caused by capitalism will lead people to think that being in a relationship is the panacea to all our unhappiness, since the only real achievement we are told we can really hope for in life is to get married and have a family. Though we're also lied to and told we'll be able to get a job that can support a family.

But i just want to be in a relationship based around hot fugging and cuddling all the love shit can come second

Okay, and?

you said that i want to be happy by loving but i really only think happiness comes through petty sexual experiences and that it is fleeting

Same shit, you're displacing the lack of fulfillment in your life onto "if only I got teh pu$$y id be happy".

tbh if you are really that shallow and vapid that you being satisfied with your life hinges on getting laid, you deserve to be ironically gassed.

I agree with this, please kys.

BUT I understand where you're coming from. Try to engross yourself in other things, and consciously attempt to believe your self worth is not tied to how much pussy you can smash.

There is nothing you can do about it, I'm sorry. Even if you get laid or find a girlfriend somehow, you'll still likely feel the same way

i'm asking about whether love actually exists or if its just a stupid human drive toward pussy

if the latter your right i should die

Why not both?

Well, then we've gotten to the heart of this stupid thread. This is seriously some high school-tier philosophizing.

I'm really not going to spoonfeed you the answers to this. You should be able to figure this out on your own.

im just saying if love doesn't exist shouldn't we all kill ourselves since we're just animals that developed some stupid evolutionary trait for self awareness

Nah, not really.

You really ought to think about what you mean when you say "does love exist?" because the question is pretty empty if you really think about it.

why doesnt love exist

Are you high or drunk or what? I'm kind of astounded by how dense you are.

im on benzos and alcohol but idk what that hs to o with why you cant answer my question

The glorification of romance is a dying remnant of feudal patriarchal culture. The reactionary notion of "one love forever and ever" will entirely disappear before communism even begins. Hell it's being eroded even by capitalism.

True love is a spook that's as primitive and insane as king worship, let it go. Fuck/love/form bonds with whatever persons you want to, whenever you want to.

This

Humans are a social species, so some kind of human attachment is always going to exist. The love of an exclusive pairing is a construct of our history, including capitalism, and probably won't disappear the instant capitalism does, but rather develop and change slowly as society does.

It's been turned into a commodity, if that's what you mean.

Read these:
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/for-ourselves-everyday-love-the-last-refuge-and-the-last-closet-of-desire
robin-woodard.eu/spip.php?article863
archive.org/details/TheArtOfLoving

that's not what he implied at all you dumb shit

Fuck no!

crimethinc.com/texts/atoz/joinresistance.php

Marx envisioned a truly rich humanity, a humanity rich in experiences and desires – and romance is one such! Do not become cynical, comrade!

CrimethInc. may have literally no thread but damn if you didn't post some fine propaganda comr8

Not op but thank you for posting those readings. Especially the second one, good shit. Its nice to have understanding. I've been going through rough times, wife left me a year ago. Been feeling very sad, and almost sucidical, and my kid has become indifferent and angry. Also I've been feeling ugly since I've lost my hair, and I don't think I even will try to find love or sex anymore. Also, economic wise I'm horrible. My work van broke down and no way in hell will it work again.

Been having to rent a pickups, its digging into my bank account way too much. Don't got the capital to buy a new van and I don't want to take out loans.

But I'm most worried about not being loved ever again. All my good buddies from the old days won't talk to me because I took advantage of them a lot to make ends meet. It's a real fear.

Guess its good to know I can blame capitalism for not blatantly economic things. Apparently its also fucked my love life up. Hahaha OK

Sorry, stupid blogpost, feel free to ignore

Most of these other posters are retarded. Love is the desire to reproduce with another long enough to raise children. You feel it because all of your ancestors needed it to create you. It's to perpetuate your lineage.

Romance differs from culture to culture, but it is simply the way in which one courts a mate in ones particular culture. If you don't want to reproduce, that's your choice, and I hope you don't anymore. My children will be better for it.

kys

Gross.

Marx was a materialist. He certainly would have conceived of social production as a necessary feature of human activity (see: basically any of his writings), with the nature of organization of that social production being what defines the epoch

notice how this retarded piece of shit fails to offer one single argument while dispensing judgement on the so-called stupidity of others.

Yes, god forbid I try to get OP to think for themselves instead of spoonfeeding them an answer to this babby-tier philosophy.

Sorry, but I'm above that.

Saging is not a downvote, fag.

It's so cute how aggressive and mad you are. I've been saging this shitpost of a thread the whole time I've been posting in it smh

I'm not him.

Then you should go back to reddit. Seems like you would be more at home there.

This is why Holla Forums is full of shit threads. Newfags like you who jump to respond to every shitpost and don't even bother to sage.

kys lad

I knew anarchists were idealists, but, goddamn son

Are you fucking kidding me?

Are you trolling me right now or do you seriously think we need to bump every single post, no matter how bad, for the sake of just having content?

m8, we already fucking have content. We're one of the most active boards on Holla Forums. Holy shit man, you better not be serious. I refuse to believe anyone can be this stupid.

I'm not saying we should bump shitty threads for the sake of having content. I'm just questioning how much it matters to do it in our board, since we ARE a slow board. Threads can survive for a whole week here, without a single thing be posted for whole days.

Jesus, man. No need to sperg out on me.

Why do you wear a German patch on your sleeve if you are a leftist cuck? Are you happy about what is happening to the fatherland?

Get cucked m8 :^)

Lmao. Good luck with finals m80

If this is what you think happiness is then you've either never had sex, or never been happy

Sex doesn't equal happiness at all.

That was kind of my point…

Sex can be part of what makes you happy, but sex in of itself in the abstract does not

Most likely both.

There is no reason not to consume everything capital sets forth for you.

The narrative of resisting consumption is one laid out by capital itself and furthermore is purely reactionary.

Every time you see yourself second guessing your drives and desires remember that in communism every pleasure would be fully yours.