The Standford Bunny

I stumbled across the classic Stanford Bunny data set the other day, and it's been a bit of a fun hacking on it...

Unzip the bunny.png image for the probably-easy-to-understand source. It could need a bit of porting to your favourite graphics extension.. and then you can do your own hacks on it.

I even managed to render it on my Commodore 64! (program for that included as well)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_bunny
amazon.com/s?search-alias=stripbooks&field-isbn=9780201848403
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A few more screenshots while the code was being developed...

These two examples worked with just the vertices, and was sorting those according to Z, and then rendering the points from the rear to front (i.e: lazy Z-buffering). Gave a neat effect.

how are you supposed to unzip an image?
tried changing the name to bunny.ZIP and then using unzip on it, apparently it's part of a larger file

What is the stanford bunny.

*?

rename it to rar instead

Codemonkey killed embedding files in images a while ago.

Save the "original filename" link, not the md5hashorwhateverthefuckitis link.

Added surface normals calculation to the code, giving a quick and dirty fuzzy effect.

Also, I realized there was no way to make tkinter set individual pixels, so I added a screen buffer and write it out to a PNG at the end.

now add a neural network to simulate its brain

lookit the pretty pictures I'm making with computer softwares

(btw, forgot to mention the new code is embedded in )

My code now handles fuckhuge data sets without going O(e^n))...

Neat!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_bunny

I wished.

> NO GOYIM YOU DO A 200 HOUR PROJECT IN X WINDOWS USING ONLY THE STANDARD LIBRARY CALLS

AND YOU ONLY HAVE ACCESS TO BLACK&WHITE X TERMINALS LIKE THE GOYIM YOUR ARE

Wooooooooooooow look at this nazi

Just get a good computer graphics textbook (look for what experts recommend and good schools use), and work through that.

I fucking did, that's where I found out about the teapot, bunny, et.al. Computer Graphics was an interest since high-school.

Self-learning got you nowhere when the subject was grading you on how many times "XErrorHandler old_handler = XSetErrorHandler (BadWindow_ehandler);" appeared in your code.

Do you even know where you are?

This is Hate-Chan

I recognize that bunny.

which book did you get?

Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice in C (2nd Edition) by Foley & Van Dam. amazon.com/s?search-alias=stripbooks&field-isbn=9780201848403 ... It was the text for the course, and a good book/bible... that the fucking worthless Israeli teacher made absolutely no reference to. Since 1st year I was make good use of the Uni library as well, and I must've borrowed everything related that wasn't boring.