Should I get granite countertops? Tiled? Other? Wondering about upkeep. I cook and bake a lot...

Should I get granite countertops? Tiled? Other? Wondering about upkeep. I cook and bake a lot. Trying to redo kitchen for under $5000.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VTEUI31e89w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

best counter tops for utility are stainless steel

I would choose tiled, granite will get scratched

Get you some faux granite. It the nigger version of granite.
Also get you a little nigger slave boy to cook..You can even bend him over at buttfuck him in your kitchen

Granite looks gay. It also looks like shit. It's as if I let a shitton of cookies n cream ice cream melt on the counter and somehow freezed it all over again to retain its new rectangular shape. Fuck granite. I wouldn't even let my dick near it

tiled worktops are difficult to clean and not very comfortable to use. the grout gets filled with oil/shit and goes black. the surface is slightly uneven and as the tiles are cemented to a wood substrate which dilates/absorbs humidity, they don't remain waterproof for long. get a standard particle board with laminate finish or reconstituted stone.

Do you find this video accurate?

Do you feel the same about marble?
See reference: youtube.com/watch?v=VTEUI31e89w

honestly, formica/melamine. it's a nice matt finish that wont show up scratches and is pretty impervious.

you could go tiled. as in large format porcelain. I would go with a honed type or semi polish finish rather than gloss/polished. they generally will not scratch or stain. you can get large format 1800x2400 now. but of course it is just the top so the sides of the top will need covering.

What would you feel about this material. Manmade, but looks great:

i'd stay away from natural stone tbh. i wouldn't ever use it in any functional capacity. it's why dry pressed porcelain became a big thing.

not shilling for tiles but modern grouts are epoxy based and, like the tile are fully impervious to water. the tiles are so large that there would only be a couple ground lines.
underneath you could use a fibro-cement board instead of something wood based.

I get your point.
What about something more like this?

i already watched this video queen douche

go get some sleep melatonin-deficient ass baby

this, berrypickers go to river with stone for wash, i am laff, u do nat no meat or bird

Um, yeah. But the question still remains. When it comes to temperature, heft and durability, how many people are going to see this:

And say "Sure, that's a gorgeous material".
No one. No one would say that.

get tiles those are best to fap to

Why do girls who talk out of their nose turn me on

get one of those that are made of clear plastic and have razor blades embedded inside. kinda like pic related.

What the fuck did I just watch?

maybe if you live in some emo bar toilet

Why do any girls turn you on Joshua? I've always wondered.

The fusion of entertainment and enlightenment.

So, I have to ask, how do you feel about marble countertips?

Definitely this. I lived in a house with tiled counter tops for a few years as a kid and I hated everything about them. The uneven-ness and the difficulty of wiping them clean because of the edge at every tile bothered me.

nothing beats wood
I have a cast resin-based fake granite looking plastic top. it is shit.