Leftist Analysis of 40k

So since the regular /tg/ doesn't really allow any political discussion outside of Holla Forumsyps who shitpost about their "God-Emperor" Trump I can't have this discussion over there and have to create the thread here instead.

The idea is to discuss anything and everything about the universe that the events of Warhammer 40k are set in from a variety of leftist perspectives, by this I mean things such as the different species & civilizations that inhabit the Milky Way Galaxy (The Tau Empire, the Eldar Craftworlds etc.)

If this gets enough interest I'll create (a) separate thread(s) for all other tabletop related stuff.

>inb4 TRIPFAG GTFO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>inb4 no fun allowed

Fun is mandatory. Funposting allowed and encouraged.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yUpbOliTHJY
youtube.com/watch?v=-__lDKotIho
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyiDf91_bTEgnBN0jAvzNbqzrlMGID5WA
thefrontlinegamer.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/is-imperium-metaphor-for-games-workshop.html
pastebin.com/W1Ki4erE
pastebin.com/B0nMDsi7
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Tau_Empire
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

TRIPFAG GTFO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why does everyone say the Tau are communist when then have a fucking caste system?

because communism is state capitalism in everyone's eyes.

Because "GREATER GOOD!"

Communism isn't about the/a "greater good"…

It's not just common sense but in everyone's self interest.

THE GREATER GOOD

youtube.com/watch?v=yUpbOliTHJY

They actually are "if USSR was done right".

And am not realy sure I find them that unlikable…
I mean.. you can have a stable life… You'll not get killed, having your planet bombarded, because you said "maybe believing in a corpse isn't that great"

You can for once be happy…

Free? Is there anyone free in the 40K Universe?

(Orks don't count).

I prefer fantasy though. And Shadowrun is better for lefty thought

Xexizy here, I probably know more about 40k than I do about leftism, though that's not surprising ofc.

Lets have an overview quickly of some of the main races and their ideologies:

The Imperium of man kind are pretty much space nazis, with an emphasis on bureaucracy. They have many planets filled to the brim with people who work constantly to keep the Imperium maintained in various ways, though the majority of their manufacturing is done on Mars. Terra hasnt had any oceans for well over 20 thousand years, and is ruled by 'the high lords of terra' who do nothing all day. It's essentially an extreme oligarchy. They are probably under the most threat of any race, as they're stretched thin and not only have scary aliens after them, but also have to deal with the forces of chaos. This leads me onto how they're nazi's. At the slightest hint of heracy, like literally one person out of several billion even knowing of the existence of the forces of chaos, because of course the general imperial population is not told about these things, the entire planet will be literally destroyed with everyone on it. This clip sums up the Imperium. youtube.com/watch?v=-__lDKotIho

Forgive the shitty video I found through google, it's part of another series but I couldnt remember what episode out of like 50.

Next lets look at the forces of chaos. They're basically space nazis. They own entire worlds of slaves who they have either broken down over time or simply drugged out of consciousness, who toil away, building war machines and temples until they collapse and die. The warriors chill with daemons, and are extremely religious to their chaos gods. They will often study unholy scriptures while not fighting. Their leadership is basically survival of the fittest, with back stabbing happening frequently, and if a lord ever shows himself to be weak his men usually just kill him. Like the Imperium of man, they consider humanity to be the greatest race of all, and detest all forms of alien.

You also have the Eldar, who consider themselves to be the master race among all other races, even though they are dying off, much like nazis. Unlike nazis though, they all live on giant space ships which basically all work like communes. They have the best technology, and back when they ruled the universe they all literally had communism and never had to work. Because of this they all formed pleasure cults, started having wild orgies and their heightened senses and emotion spawned a new chaos god which killed about 95% of their population instantly. Basically communism leads to Slaneesh.

You also have the Tau, who are sometimes considered the commi hippies of the universe. This is just untrue, as they actually have a very strict cast society structure, and treat all other races that live with them like second class citizens, apart from the Ethereals who rule over them like philosopher kings. They are a small empire, but are growing rapidly. They are pretty much as brutal and ruthless as anyone else.

The necrons and tyranids are basically unconcious, or have some form of hive mind. They just want to kill things and have no real structure as they dont need it.

The orks also just want to kill things. Their leaders are literally decided on who's the biggest. No, not in that way, they're asexual fungi growths.

That's the main factions, I'm probably missing some of them though.

Essentially everyone's fucked.

The Imperium of Man is a rational social order given the material circumstances.

Kill yourself my dude.

If only you spent as much time on leftism as you do warhammer…

[same IP]

Great Leader Xexizy does not remember "If the empror had a Text to Voice device"?
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyiDf91_bTEgnBN0jAvzNbqzrlMGID5WA

You make me qustion my support for you…
Then again, the leader should never know to much, or he'll start not needing advisors.

Chaos isn't "Nazis". It's only Capitalism in it's purest form!

Eldar is pure technocracy - Anarcho-transhumanism.

He'd then become Inteligentsia and have no conection with reality. … Yes, learning 40K is more conected to reality!

I remember it. I couldnt remember what episode it was from and couldnt be bothered to shift through every one.

I hate that this became a meme. The Imperium is the general concept of a dictatorial empire; a speceist Catholic empire.

The only analog with Nazism worth making is the Imperium's racism, and only if you imagine that the Nazi claims about the Jews attempting to destroy them are actually true. The Eldar were racists who didn't want the Humans coming into their former empire's turf. The Tau are eugenicist technocract philosopher kings.

The Orks are truly enlightened beings who understand the true goal of life.

You dont think the way the imperium control their population is a bit nazi like?

Admin on the 40k fanon wikia here. Most of the admins are Communists or something. It's a largely poorly written, inconsistent universe, but it's a lot of fun.

This is pretty accurate, except for the stuff about Necrons.

Necrons used to be mindless Terminator robots who served Star consuming entities. They traded their physical bodies for machine forms due to the diseases that effected their body due to the closeness of their planet to the sun, resulting in short lifespans. The new Necrons are the same in terms of backstory, except they aren't mindless and were some sort of pseudo-Empire with dynasties and a caste system. This is reflected in their new form, since the most basic of Necrons have limited to non-existent intelligence, while the strongest in society have exceptional intelligence and retain most if not all of their personality. They are the top of the food chain in terms of technology, tied with Eldar. A lot of their leadership now schemes to return to biological form and restore their empire, while others are just insane killer robots due to mental degradation. They also went to sleep for 60 million years, waiting for the galaxy to repopulate after a massive war they fought with the Eldar and Ork predecessors. Basically transhumanism.

Other stuff worth noting,

Chaos is a name given to the natural energy produced by psychic abilities that resides beyond the material realm, and manifests as pure evil. It's self destructive and contradictory and is represented by four major entities called the Chaos Gods, Khorne (Anger), Nurgle (Despair), Tzeentch (Aspiration) and Slaansh (Lust/Greed). Chaos despises itself and everything else and it's only goal is to cause damage and destruction. There's Chaotic Xenos, etc, Chaos Orks. They aren't really Gods.

Orks are a 'perfect species'. Their own belief in something working causes it to work. Their currency is biological (teeth) and constantly grows. They can build total garbage and their own collective thought makes it work. They are total anti-intellectuals and have no concern for anything but conflict, and were originally a caricature of English football hooliganism.

I find it funny the nazis call Trump their 'god-emperor', after a braindead, decaying living corpse that leads an obviously horribly dysfunctional and backwards empire. I guess as long as there's imperialism and genocide they're okay with.

It's because the Nazi's idealism leads him to embrace fantasy. Even the delusional fantasies of fictional characters.

Transhumanism isn't that simple.

Basically Brave New World X Transhumanism/Posthumanism.

But I though Orks could not be affected by Chaos, cause .. they don't believe in it…

Also, I thought Nurgle was Stability and Tzeentch was Change.

I didnt know about the cast society with the necrons, or that there are smart necrons. Thanks.

I dont really agree with the chaos bit though. Different parts of chaos despises other parts, some parts more than others, although they will often work together to fight other parts of chaos, and even the polar opposites of the chaos realm will work together in the material word.

Since when were there chaos orks? I know you can kind of have chaos xeno, but it's mainly humans as their warp presents is second only to the eldar, who wouldnt turn chaos for obvious reasons. There are very much chaos gods though.

Unless they go dark and never go back.

Dark eldar are just as against chaos as normal eldar. They just also like orgies.

Isn't Warhammer 40K a parody though?

I thought it was a snarky example of how stereotypical nerds channel their frustrations into puerile fascist fantasies.

Fairly sure any chaos orks that ever existed have long since been retconned.

Chaos Orks are an old concept. Storm Boys (Neo Nazi parodies) were followers of Khorne in 2nd ed. There's an entire tribe of Orks living in Khorne's realm (6th ed Chaos Daemons, 4th ed Orks)

And you don't have to believe in Chaos to effect you. It's not a religion or faith. It's like gravity.

Nurgle is actually decay and rot. He represents disease. Tzeetch is change but emotionally, he is aspiration.

They work together but only for a short time, and generally in fight and fall in on each other. It takes an incredible amount of will power and resolve to force them to operate alongside each other, while Daemons generally just attack and destroy anything that's within reality (since they can't actually change anything forever in the Realm of Chaos, but in reality their impact is permanent) but going through 4th ed CSM, 4th ed Chaos Daemons, etc. it's shown almost entirely to be self destructive.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Oh! Are they like tha Anarchists that don't want State, but have leaders, police and so on?

:^)

lol.

They're pretty weird, idk the details. Basically they dont want to abandon the old ways of the pleasure cults that the eldar had before they spawned a new god and killed everyone.

Well, I had no idea chaos orks were ever a thing. That's pretty cool.

They have leaders, but they only control groups. There are no police. It's just a society full of backstabbing and endless slaving.

And buttsex, lots and lots of hot steamy buttsex.

But more on this. It's probably my favourite part of 40k.

On the wikia, we get a lot of former or current military proles and pseudo Neo-Nazis. They don't get the fact it's a parody (a lot of the writers for the original stuff had worked on Judge Dredd) and spout phrases from the universe, etc. and act like total fucking idiots. Of course most of the fascists and an-caps (the technical 'leader' of the wikia is a Libertarian or something) can barely construct sentences, but love the universe and generally lack a comprehension that the whole thing is a joke.

I think Dark Eldar, Dark Elves and Shaaneshy cults are like the original mission from the Event Horizon movie.

You know… The murder-rape footage they found after…

We also forgot to mention that the best faction in 40k, not only does everything for the greater good THE GREATER GOOD, but their fighters also get AI Waifu Battlesuits.

I for one wellcome our new Tau overlords!
I'll gladly wear my AI Waifu Battlesuit and fight for the greater good!

THE GREATER GOOD

Yes.

Mr. Unrooha please go

Satire is rarely understood by the people it is meant to mock.

GROTZ OV DA GALAXEE UNITE!! UVE GOT NUTTIN TEH LOOZE BUT YER CHAINZ!!!

Get outta here Jason Uruhue

The Imperium's absolute worship by the rightists is hilarious and shows just how little self-awareness they have. It doesn't take much more than a cursory glance at the Imperium to tell that many of its own standards and stances, while superficially are there to help, are seriously doing more harm than anything else.

Dis fred ain't shooty enuf! MOAR DAKKA!

Fuck off

U wot, hoomie?

Shit game, shit lore and shit player base
GW ruined wargames and WH is a turd on the grave

leftypol roleplaying group when?

Wot? Didz Sumone sey Dakka?

Dat Dakka dont get chew close enuff ta tha bludd an bone! Threads gotta be more choppy tbh, git.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, use da Rokkit Launcha, yer gitz!

Chaos Orks are still potentially a thing, it's just that Orks are far less likely to fall to Chaos because they've got none of the problems other species have. It's hard for creeping temptation to sneak in on you when you're as satisfied with life as most orks are. And besides, any orks that start showing signs of being as unorky as to serve chaos instead of Gork and Mork just get krumped.

I don't think Chaos is as narrowly defined as all that. Nurgle is decay and disease, but he also represents acceptance and complacency. You don't let Nurgle into your life because you fucking love being diseased, you let Nurgle into your life because life is a horrible, terrible mess and nothing you ever do will change it and Nurgle grants you the strength fo accept it. Give up, live in filth.

Commoragh is basically an anarcho-capitalist paradise. No rules and laws except those enforced by the rich and powerful, where tortured souls of lesser beings are currency and the most powerful are practically immortal whilst the least powerful scrabble in the dirt or sign up with a kabal for mutual protection and advancement.

Yer stinkin' rokkit iz nut evan wurd mi addenshun ye ZOG Occupied Governmentgin grot lova.

By Gork an Mork dats sum 'eresy roight der

How about a quest thread?

thefrontlinegamer.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/is-imperium-metaphor-for-games-workshop.html

Relevant

It's really more Spanish Inquisition than Nazi.

Look! Rhinos! RHINOS! Our enimies hide from us in METAL BOXES, the cowards! THE FOOLS! We… should take away their metal boxes.

An all-grot army would be hilarious.

I know someone who used to do that. He would get a mech boy to sit in the middle of hundreds of grots and give them all 4+ invulnerable saves. Literally nothing could beat it.

But itz ded killy, innit?

I think it needs to be more choppy.

Quests are for plebeians

disgusting

Empire of Mankind - They are the big despotic empire the humans live under , they are literally space NAZIS , they got a very totalitarian rule , they execute everything thats heresy= their version of degeneracy . And think humans are the best and want to kill everything else . Live in their high and mighty palaces the elite and have the common slave folk do their job for you .
Then we get to the Eldar - They are the space Mussolini Classical Fascists , they are space elves , having been glorious in the past , as did the romans , futher confirming the satire of fascism , they think by being pure , they can save themselves from their doom and do everything to save their countrymen in expense of other races , they are the oldest race also that used to rule the galaxy.
Dark Eldar- They are the Anarcho-Capitalists of 40k , they live in one big city state where there is no laws and literally live off of tortureing other people , form criminal gangs and the gangs by force order their laws . They are the Eldar that didnt change their ways when their race gave birth to a new chaos god , slaanesh , the corrupting force of obsession , addiction , lust and greed.
Orkz- yes with a z orkz have their Dakka languiche in 40k , they are the lumpens of 40k , just live to fight , and follow the biggest strongest dude .
Tyranids - They are the hiveminders , they have one big hive mind commanding them what to do , and just do as instinct , they are literally zergs for those that know their starcrafts
Necrons - They are the the ones that fuel the fear of the conservatives . A big feudal robot race trying to destroy everything.
Now Tau - This is going to be a long one but yes they are leftists . They are SPASH ELFs , and the youngest of the races . They live in a highly caste society , they are the failed Marxist-Leninist Tankie Fullmode states , like Late USSR , Laos , Vietnam , China and all the other shitholes. They have a bit of a life better than others , but even with the GREATER GOOD , you can foricbly be resettled , castrated , forced to war etc . Sounds familiar? You do get your apartment and food and stuff . They prefer long range combat , a spoof at cold war missle crisises , force you to join their side , accept other races etc . They are ruled by the Nomenklatura a literal caste of Holy Space Diplomats.
===============================
Chaos - This deserves its own section because chaos isnt one big unifying force , but different ones that come together to work , like gravity.
Basically the warp is fueled by the eotions of all the races and created the chaos gods and shit because people are shit , so more shit comes , see the cycle? Warp could be happy friendly place , but because the universe is shit , the warp is shit , and thus turning the universe with its invasions more shit.
Chaos Warbands- They are literal Anarchists of 40k , they fight everything and everyone , and arent under much leadership , and their leaders arent leaders also , they tend to dissolve easily though , another poke at Anarchists.
Nurgle - Pure Nihilsm , he is the chaos god of life and death , he vists those that are crying for their cancer to stop and stops them dying but makes them very very very sick , full of pus and everything , but as in nihilistic nature , they are very happy about spreading disease and converting people to their side , Nurgle is the happiest god and treats all his followers as his children . Again showing Nihilistic friendships.
Tzeenecht - Pure Lulz , doing something because you can , literally just power and corruption.
Slaanesh - Pure self caring only , and being so numb about excess , needing more and more . Bourgoise god.
Khrone - The Holla Forums reactionary god , literally about blood and murder , followers wanting to kill everyone and just being edgy and because the universe treated them shit they are going to be shit

40K is boring.
Fantasy is much better.

Though if we are to go political, we should go shadowrun.

How we do that?

HOLD UP.
What about the farsight enclaves?

My fucking eyes hurt from just attempting to shift through this shit.

i do not mind leftist analysis of popular culture but i think it has become ubiquitous in a harmful way and our attention would be better placed elsewhere

having said that, warhammer is fatalistic and pessimistic in the extreme, the universe is built on chaos and horror and will come inevitably to a horrifying end

i don't think that's either a left-wing or right-wing idea

a right-winger would be inclined to hold that view with respect to the loss of tradition, but in warhammer even the forces of order are comically dystopian and unethical by our standards

Lol please let this be true

Bullshit. The Eldar are the space elfs. The Tau are little green men.

The way people do it usually on /tg/

This is a pretty barebones version but hopefully you get the idea.

Yeah no, if we were to stop looking into literature and other forms of escapism and become "realist", we would start having a real cynical view of the world and have even LESS ideas of reality. Which is why its healthy to look into fiction.

This

Is it just me or does the excess of slaneesh show us what full communism is going to be like? When all tradition and work are gone, all that will be left is the pursuit of pleasure.

I still believe that people will be driven on a personal level to become professionals in some field that they're passionate about. There will always be those who choose to become scientists, craftsmen, artisans, engineers, and so on, not because they must, but because they wish to, and their dreams aren't inhibited by having to eat only ramen and live in a cold dorm for 4 years, pay off a debt and then work under somebody's thumb like they're some kind of wage slave. So I understand where the fall of the eldar sentiment comes from, I simply believe it to be faulty logic.

Currently making a prototype of sorts for the quest thread I mentioned earlier, anyone interested in participating?

I would.

Well, if you do the writter, I think we could start a thread.

THIS IS WHY WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE!

It's just you.
Ok, it's not.
The problem with slaneesh, is not pleasure. It's that after a while you get bored with your current mode of plessure.
You might have the best vidya, and after you play it for a while you are bored.

Now, if your CORE pleasure is sex and so on, sure. This is where it will end up.

And that is why… IT'S WHAT FULL CAPITALISM BRINGS! to the rich and powerfull.

In fullCommunism, we are supposed to have a society that wants to think and theorize. Go to the stars. Spread knowledge. Empathy. And so on.

Also, I don't know much about how to. I never got to practice it…

The Imperium are a combination of literally every single bad guy cliche GW could think of.

Comissars (aka NKVD) who shoot their own men? Check.
Human sacrifice? Check.
Relentless propaganda to an enslaved population? Check.
The Emprah's Little Red Book? Check.
Inquisition? Check.
Genocide? Check.
Overextended from constant war against everything? Check.
Decorate with skulls? Check.
Shit all over the environment for no damned reason? Check.
Incompetent, corrupt and insane aristocracy? Check.
Incompetent, corrupt and insane bourgeois? Check.
Incompetent, corrupt and insane bureaucracy? Check
Incompetent, corrupt and insane clergy? Check.
Claim to be against Chaos when in reality you murdered the strongest Chaos god into existence and have continually fed him a steady diet of torture, burning, genocide and murder, even going so far as to creating the Space Marines who might as well all have a nice little bow on their heads and a tag saying "To: Khorne. From: Your BFF, The Emprah

>The Empire of Man is a gigantic fucking joke. the future of the world with Capitalism.

Sure. As sane as your average Tankie.
Sure saner than your average polyp… BUT NOT ACTUALLY SANE!!!

THE GREATER GOOD

I want a Battlesuit AI Waifu

I have not played in many years, but it is good to see that Tau players have not changed.

I didn't even get started on how the Tau are the only faction with sane tactics and strategy and how GW can only make the game balanced by nerfing the Tau's actually sensible use of ranged weapons in the fucking far-distant future so that babby's first war game can allow dipshits who insist on sword fighting to be remotely useful

The empire is the epitome of autocracy/authoritarian state in general.

Tau is this, plus I D E O L O G Y

It's not done for "the emperor". Everything is done for THE GREATER GOOD! the greater good AKA Historical Necessity.

Sure, The Emperor uses the same, but, like Zizek notices about Socialist authoritarian states, the leader is never, the leader. The leader is only an expression of historical necessity, the people and so on.

Like the ethereal are not there to oppress. They only have a role to fulfill like every other cast. The fact that their cast is .. the USSR nomenclature, is not oppression or anything…

Let me guess: you do not use Kroot.

The Emperor is still a historical necessity. He is deliberately remisicient of Stalin, plus Hitler, plus Mao, plus every other "bad" leader ever.
Mankind must rule the stars alone, even though that means the 24/7 murder party will result in Khorne just flopping over into our universe and eating everything that has ever been.

The Ethereals are not nice, no, but they are necessary. They rolled into the middle of a war (which was, of course, feeding Khorne like all wars do) and said "Hey, man, let's not do this wicked shit, you're all harshing the vibe."

And it worked because they have mind control, but, hey, I already admitted they're not nice. They do what they have to do. The universe of 40k is a shit hole.

The ideal solution wpuld be a sufficiently large defection of Imperial Guardsman and human worlds that could retain some independence while still allying with the Tau, and gain some actual, competent engineers instead of idiot cultists.

Can you imagine what a faction with actual artillery and implaced guns could do in the 40k universe? They'd be able to stop gods in their tracks.

May as well try farting the enemy into submission.

So, the Tau are the Party Nomenclature.

Still Tankies.

The problem with WH is the problem with Capitalism.

Creativity falls victim to profit. Thus, every desicion is based on "what demografic can we target" and "how can we get a BIGGER audience" are the acountants of GW greenskins?.

This results in stagnation and dissatifaction in the core audience.

So, why have a better universe, when you can just feed them the same shit over and over again…

Even better, fuck up the good universe you have by making fantasy like 40K!

CAPITALISM!

Aside from the skaven, what's so great about fantasy?

SKAVEN! MERITOCRACY ACHIEVED!

Eeer.. I mean.. there is diversity .. and … eeer… lore … and … AND SKAVEN

I`m actually serious, I like 40k because
> 40k is like a bizzare hell and retribution for the sins forgive such a spooky word, but it's appropriater of ancient warmongering civilizations

seriously, I like the skaven for their aesthetic, but otherwise, sell me on WH fantasy

40Kfags are truly the worse.

He is right about this:

I do my own lore in my own settings
I enjoy and criticize the lore others have written in their own
Lore is worthless if you just replace what you don't like with head canon

Prototype version of the quest's scenario here:
pastebin.com/W1Ki4erE

Thoughts?

pastebin.com/B0nMDsi7

Quickly edited out a few errors.

So, what are the PCs doing, Inquisitorial stuff? Attempting to investigate the murder and uncover the Chaos cult responsible?

We don't know yet, that will be decided when we create the character(s).

I SHALL NOW BUMP THIS THREAD … BECAUSE IT'S MY PROPERTY!

My problem with 40K is VARIETY.
There is not enough.
You have space marines, space marines and space marines, space marines space marines Nekrons and space marines, space marines space marines Nekrosn and Spam, space marines space marines Orks space marines Eldar and space marines…

Ok.. .. sooo …. .. We go full Tau, or we go for diversity? Human Tau and Ork TRYING to work together out of nessecity…

Fuckin' tell me about it. I used to run with Daemonhunters. I had sixty of the old stormtroopers with the cheap hellguns who rolled around in Rhinos and Chimeras with Forge World bitz. For a brief period of time when troop choices got buffed they were badass. Unfortunately, they were not Spess Mehrens, so goodbye Daemonhunters, and hello Grey Knights.

Fuck.

Have you even played warhammer?

I have noone to play TT or PnP games with.. Stop oppressing me!

Sure, but the focus is on SPACE MARINES.
See:>>712966

Well it makes sense to have the HUMAN race to be the main faction because you know, ==WE'RE FUCKING HUMANS==

Fucking red text fails again

Well, first of all I identify as a transgender skaven that identifies as an Ogre, and check your privilage, thank you very much!
Secondly, what is human? How much change can one undergo until humanity is gone as a concept? Is the Adeptus Mechanicus … Humans?

Thirdly, well that's what I mean not enough variety! I don't wanna play human! I've been doing it the last 30 years!

You're a transhumanist. You should know better.

Trans - human
Its in the name

Please actually look into what you're talking about
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Tau_Empire

As I said before, I too want an AI Waifu Battlesuit.

My argument about 40K being all about humans still stands.

I could say that Skaven are also not represented enough… …. though they mostly are…

Again, though.
When does human end and machine begin?

Get on my level.

Fire Caste = Red Army meatgrinder fodder
Earth Caste = Starving labourers
Air Caste = Gagarin & friends
Water Caste = Ideological subversives sent to the west
Ethereal Caste = the Judeo-Bolshevik elite

Places like Holla Forums and other congegations of Useful Idiots would be gue-la auxiliaries.

Funny that the imperium fits every bit of that bill way better than the Tau.

Pathetic.

Soo… We don't do it, do we?

Behold, the average 40k, muh emprah fanboy. He can't even make a single post without shitting all over himself.
Af least he spared us the photoshop of Trump's head on a space marine.

Oh we're definitely doing it fam, I just have to find the time in my schedule to host the thread since I'm busy with IRL stuff like job training for my AltCiv. Service atm.

What heresy is this?

bump for the bump god

Why do Holla Forumsacks like the Space Marines and the Empire unironically?

They're supposed to be a vulgar grotesque bleak dystopian satirical caricature of Nazis with some minor Byzantine Empire nuances ie God Emperor of all civilised righteous people against the foreign crude savage barbarian threat (orcs).

40k and Judge Dredd are examples of a satires that aren't ment to be funny so its easy to take it straight
plus both things satirize subjects that are too obscure for its own good.

40k used to try to be funny during the first couple editions. It is a pity that it stopped doing so.

Satire doesn't have to be funny to be subversive, it's too easy to lampoon fascists in a comedic fashion, so much so that it has grown boring now.

The tone should be serious, otherwise it would have a trite hackneyed Buzzfeed kind of vibe to it.

I was always aware even as a child that the Empire were not the "good guys" and that was back when I was a pro-war religious reactionary (I literally believed that America needs to police the world & Muslim dictatorships needed to be stopped), I just don't understand how Holla Forums doesn't get it.

Judging by the alt-right on youtube, it no longer seems to be the case. Of course the Hitler posting is, but they're pretty damn reactionary and fervent about their brand of idpol.

It was never about lampooning fascists. They made fun of all kinds of silly shit from the catholic church to war movies. It was just general comedy.

I thought 40K was ment to satirize the tabletop and speculative fiction fandom of the era, like if you were a regular reader of White Dwarf back in the day you will know it was satire.

bamp

I guess we're done with 40k

Now, MAKE A THREAD ABOUT FANTASY, OP!

/leftytg/

We are not that many, so things like "leftyb" "leftyv" "leftyweeb" are useless.

I'm not talking about a board just an offtopic thread here on in /leftyb/ to talk about tabletop stuff

Nu thred