Thoughts on Emil Cioran? I like him

Thoughts on Emil Cioran? I like him.

Other urls found in this thread:

vk.com/doc16240002_294015825?hash=b19c96e8b1396a6d98&dl=a0b59e58a138f853a7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You are my hero, kek. Keep up the good work, user.

Literally who?

He's on my to-read list.

Some relatively famous pessimist.

Romanian philosopher, wrote "On the Heights of Despair", "The trouble with being born", "a short history of decay".

Even a sadboy for the existentialists.

E.M. Cioran is incredibly dank. Aside from just being a pleasure to read, and writing pretty much the literary equivalent of suicide (On The Heights of Despair), his interpretation of Nietzsche is really interesting. He's at once life-denying and life-affirming ("It is no use to kill yourself, because you always kill yourself too late").

Really, he's probably the best philosophical pessimist there ever was aside maybe from Phillip Mainlander. But I wouldn't know yet because I haven't tried to brush up on my German and read him.

Peter Wessel Zapffe is also really cool if you like Cioran.

You've read Tolstoy yet?

post some of his stuff so we can judge.
also stop tripfagging.

Cioran wrote more in French and Romanian than German

No, but I should. Haven't read Dostoevsky either.

Forgot to take it off after the thread on Useful Idiot, soz.

What, you mean like post a pdf of on the heights?
Here ya go

vk.com/doc16240002_294015825?hash=b19c96e8b1396a6d98&dl=a0b59e58a138f853a7

Its not the novels but the Kingdom of God is within you book. Also read orthodoxy by Chesterton.

I do need to read Chesterton
Weird that a nihilist is giving me theological book recommendations.

Ty n1x

I'm talking about Mainlander. He's never been translated into English.

kek that's the other nihilist flag poster

You all sound the same to me tbh

Fucking bigot.

LET'S ALL LOVE LAIN

I'm the other degenerate.
I've read Chesterton back in my christianity phase, his writing is comfy as fuck but the writing of orthodoxy are actuall pretty unorthodox. Stay away from heretics tho, its an useless book.

yes.

Discovered him through Ligotti's Conspiracy against the Human Race. He's pretty based, I later went on to read Zapffe and Schopenhauer too.

Those were not good times.

Haven't read Zapffe.
Any good?

Ligotti is dank af. Discovered Zapffe and Mainlander from The Conspiracy Against the Human Race

check out a piece called "The View from Mount Zapffe" if you're just looking for a quick impression of him.

Yeah I'm grateful I discovered Ligotti actually.

I love his oeuvre for its apothegms, lyricism, and organic fragmentation; one can see just how much he was palpitant with a sort-of Nietzschean erudition. If one stumbles upon him in a dusty library they will be imbued with a dizzying insomnia while the space in the "plan" of his books set aside for the miasmas of religion: sects jostling one another for booths from which to sell their latest absurdities and repeatedly boast of their unique merits and cry aloud their bewares.

When the mind enters a madhouse, Cioran will plainly show, however sane it was when it went in and however hard it struggles to remain sane while there, can only make the ambient madness more monstrous, more absurd, more bizarrely laughable by its efforts to be rational. Hence, the temptation to exist, a procession of delusions, and his own "leap of faith".

You realise I did an audiobook about half a year ago of "on the heights of despair". No matter how much you want me to not be well read, I am well read.

Have a gold star

You are pretty cool when you are not Christian tbh

I am only Christian because I am so well read.

Don't impersonate me, you little shit.

I only say it because you seem so obsessed with trying to make it look like I'm not.

Stop being so salty.

I like him. Someone recommended me to him on account of I'm a pathetic sad body a while ago.

Not the same person.

Maybe you're not so well read, after all. :^)

bump because we always sage too late

Who?

Let me see your tits.