MARVEL WRITER NICK SPENDER BLAMES DC'S REBIRTH SUCCESSES ON RACISM, SEXISM

JUST FUCK MY COMPANY UP

Nick Spencer, now well known among comic fans for making Captain America a Hydra agent, voices his concern over DC Comics' supposed "conservative" approach to their universe and characters.

In other words, Nick has become the Cuck of Cucks. He is now… The Cuck Commander!

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20050503152419/http://www.spencer2005.com/blog/archives/2005/02/funny_stuff.html#comments
deeznutsofficial2016.tumblr.com/post/145148010359/soyelgrancapitan-deeznutsofficial2016
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I really fucked that image formatting, didn't I?

Here's Spencer in all his cuck glory.

What an asshole.

Fans aren't demanding less choice, they're just asking for you not to fuck up what isn't broken.

I mean for God's sake the black female trans/misgendered furry artist introduced in Great Lakes Avengers was mostly recieved positively. That isn't what pisses off your fanbases, it's shit like RiRi and FemThor.

Says the asshole who thought Hydra Cap was gonna bring people running back.

From a picture for ants to a pictures for giants. Go home Pym, you're off your meds again.

Really though I do love it when Marvel goes on about diversity while making every book exactly the same thing. DC's doing well because they have real diversity with something for everyone. From classic vanilla Superman to full blown drug trip Shade The Changing Girl and everything inbetween, there's at least one book at DC that's going to interest you. Unless you're a super progressive numale then Marvel is just going to irritate you.

I've proably read more comics than this fag has cucked in his entire life and he's like twice my age

Marvel is a sinking ship. Most of their events and big crossovers are selling like shit. Their new characters went over like a lead balloon, with the exception of one or two (hate to admit it, but Ms. Muslim is doing okay-ish). The only thing they've got going for them is the movies and netflix series, but that money isn't going back to the comics part of Marvel. So, any concept of "success" that they've got is purely based on their ability to get SJW good boy points from The Mary Sue and Comics Alliance.

I'd say I'm glad Power Pack is too obscure to ruin, but they apparently killed off Alex recently, so now I just descend into apathy.

Isn't he the faggot who gave us this speech that was accidentally right on the money?

He was mocking you.

He did a piss poor job of it

Yeah, SJW tend to do that. A lot.

This is precisely why DC is kicking ass in sales right now and Marvel is doing the worst it has since the 90s/80s crash.

Marvel has been annexed by out-of-touch SJWs who hate capitalism and suck at storytelling. When they see success, instead of learning from it, they rationalize why it's bad and should be avoided.

But this case is unique, because SJW posturing is a lot less effective when you're the guy who took a patriotic character made by two starry-eyed Jewish kids and turn him into a Neo Nazi to sell books.

This is basically it. I mean DC's Flintstones is an actually funny comic that's not like anything else being put out right now. Their Superman isn't the same kind of story they've told a million times over. Their Green Lantern book features mostly OC's instead of legacy characters. Batman right now is dealing with mostly original characters too.

The only think I'd say rebirth has that's solidly "conservative" is Green Arrow, by which I mean he's been returned to his roots as an angry violent liberal. But even then they're at least playing around with newer ideas introduced over time.

It's simple, really: Don't fuck with characters that people love to make a political point.

It doesn't matter what your views are, if you treat a character with respect rather than using them as a soapbox, you will do well. For example: I don't agree with Ed Brubaker on some things, but his Captain America is GOAT.

It's going to be hilarious if Spencer turns out to be one of the writers lined up for ResurrXion. That's basically Marvel attempting to appeal to the Rebirth audience, and pretty blatantly, at that.

Rebirth is doing well just because it's not complete garbage. Most of the stories are okay to meh and I've only read two of them that have any kind of SJW shit (WW and Deadman). Plus, I haven't seen one with eye-bleedingly bad art like Squirrel Girl, so that's a plus.

these people are downright silly.

He also had a guy shit on people he arrested for enforcing the law, then whined about police brutality a few issues latter.

I bet I could get youtube shekels if I bought a voice changer and read butthurt twatter posts in the voice of a toddler.

I love how he claims their successes are the last fifteen years. With the exception of Captain America: Civil War the vast majority of Marvel's film library is building up to re-hash an almost thirty year old event. Marvel's arguably greatest comic event in X-men is almost forty years old, And the last major spider event that anyone actively remembers that didn't fall into a malaise of a billion other events was the much mishandled clone saga expressly because it was terrible, and that's twenty five or so years old.

How can someone in industry be that intentionally blind?

The attempt to "diversify" comics by replacing existing characters, which nearly always fails, is a big part of why comics don't have real "diversity" among their cast. There's no way to put these characters in an adaptation, which is the big part of where recognition comes from.

Look at Lucius Fox, a relatively recent addition to Batman. He's in a position he doesn't even need to have an explicit backstory (it can be left to assumption he's "always" known Bruce) when creating a new universe and has been in pretty much every Batman adaptation since as a result. Good luck getting some race flip that is dependent on someone else coming before him into your hour and thirty minutes.

If I was working on a comic and had to introduce my politics, I'd actually make the person shouting them a sympathetic antagonist fighting the government. They'd use the number of government conspiracies, sticking a few real ones in the list, and ask why the hero supports keeping it around

I remember Spiderverse, but that was because of how utterly fucking wasted it was.

Then again the focus was so much on Slott's shitty vampire edgelords it wasn't much of a "spider" event.

The thing about diversity is that a "little" is okay (and looks normal like what DC does like Blue Beatle) while throwing out every fucking character and replacing them with a new diverse non-white male replacement just looks bluntly forced. Is there a list of characters that haven't been replaced vs not replaced?

Hell, there was a panel from that GLA Avengers comic that was posted here showing the current (diverse!) Avengers eating at a diner with Falcon Cap, Whor and 47 chromosome Squirrel Girl, that just looked off . . . like it was saying Look! Look, how diverse we are!

The only other reason I can think of this character changing was the Marvel film casting theory, that Marvel does this so if one of there movie leads leaves (like Chris Evans) they can be replaced by a MCU minor actor (like Falcon's) and Marvel can defend themselves by saying Look! It happened in this comics that we just made a few years ago and hope you don't realize

in the last 15 years we have damn good titles like Uncanny X-Force, Scarlet Spider and others sure but Marvel became known for shit like Civil War, Dissasembled and other depressing event titles. We had multiple events going on at once various times

I dunno, that sounds a little stupid to me with the infinity gauntlet coming up. Which could canonical ly explain any number of changes you wanted.

Additionally there isn't a movie studio on earth that would go for a minority over casting some bland, popular heartthrob.

I think it's just an old fashioned extremist echo chamber that found a particularly suitable place to nest in an industry desperate to never try anything truly 'new' because that's a risk, but doing a race swap? That's just uninspired enough to work!

Yeah..Spiderverse is nothing but "Hey, let's kill off almost all of your childhood memories of Spidey". I mean, sure they didn't kill off Electric Company Spidey..but they killed off Spidey and his Amazing Friends, Spidey Unlimited and MVC Spidey..also Dan did not respect the robot.

A cast that can described as "diverse" is not the same as enforcing diversity onto a cast. Marvel is doing the latter. Forced racial quotas and token characters.

Only problem is that their idea of diversity is so fucking skewed that they think they cannot achieve diversity without eliminating all characters that aren't correctly diverse.

It's kind of like real life with SJWs. White Woman? Ehh.. alright, that's kind of "diverse" but not really that good. We'll still pretend that women are a minority, though. Gay woman? Much better! Gay tranny woman? Brilliant! Black gay tranny who is also a muslim? Optimal diversity achieved!… All of the previous women and trannies are consersatives who reject feminism's extremist ideology? DIVERSITY CANCELED. GET OUT.

Oh you poor fool, because that's exactly Marvel's problem, too little to choose from

Rebirth ain't exactly the best reboot ever, but compared to you it feels like the 2nd coming

Could you post an archive?

Aren't they also killing off "old guard" characters left and right for practically no reason on top of that shit? Yeah, no wonder your sales are taking a dive.

Reminder, Spencer did write for DC at one point.

Counterpoint!

I remember reading somewhere that Nick Spencer ran for a political position once and instituted a policy of strip searching black people for drugs. They found some drugs in a black man's asscrack and his mother said that this policy was racist. And Nick Spencer said it was for the greater good.

Sounds like bullshit. Police aren't actually allowed to search a person's ass. At least, that's how it was before 9/11

I have the archive here. web.archive.org/web/20050503152419/http://www.spencer2005.com/blog/archives/2005/02/funny_stuff.html#comments

and the tumblr page for the commentary and its where I found out about it.
deeznutsofficial2016.tumblr.com/post/145148010359/soyelgrancapitan-deeznutsofficial2016

So how did he become an SJW? Is this why he makes the Red Skull seem reasonable?

How do most SJWs become SJWs? He's an opportunistic shithead who sees it as an excuse to be an asshole without repercussions.

It sucks. When he's able to write goofier shit (Ant-Man, The Fix, Superior Foes) I seriously enjoy reading it. He and Lieber are a great team. But goddamn his attempts at doing serious generally suck and he's a completely insufferable cunt as a person.

Jews have dirt on him and he needs to make money

I wouldn't expect they would change the lead actors before Avengers 3 (that would be stupid outside of an actual real life death) but at least post 2020 MCU/or whenever their contracts expire post Avenger 3 scenario.

Eh Kevin Feige has talked about the Avengers being replaceable like in the comics people leave and join all the time so they will do that with the movie.

Your idea sounds pretty good user.

Truly a better writer for Captain America. What stuff did Spencer write for DC?

dubs>>708344 dubs

The character would use Thomas and Martha Wayne/Ben Parker/ect very publicly as examples of gun control not working. They'd have no idea why this drives the hero to stop them so badly.

Interesting. Though didn't know that Peter Parker was anti gun. Thought it was only Batman.

He's not (at least not normally in a competent writer's hand).

The details would vary by the hero, but the primary reason the hero would fight them would be them being angry at their dead parents/uncle/sister/whatever being used as an example, sidesteping the political views of the hero entirely.

If it was Batman, I would note Bruce has an actual genuine case of hoplophobia, not just bad politics.

Bullshit. Batman doesn't fear guns. He just swore an oath to never use them.

He wrote the Jimmy Olsen backup for Action Comics that were collected into a one-shot, THUNDER Agents (when DC had the rights briefly. Got ten issues and a mini-series), and Supergirl #60 (only wrote two-thirds of it and left because editorial didn't like where he wanted to go with it)

More from Spencer.

What a cuck.

He's got two sidekicks with guns, Red Hood and Bluebird… so…

Red Hood uses rubber bullets or aims for the legs when he's with Batman and co. Atleast that's what I've read

What a cuck.

This is a new tactic in recent years
Call out someone's bullshit or mention their past crimes and you get told that you're "obsessed" or "need to get a life"

I enjoyed agent venom early on, but the art was miss more than not. And
Was silly.

It's like someone never handled a firearm before.

Oh man, I always get people asking shit like, "How come you can't shoot people in the shoulder or shoot the gun!?1111"

And I'm just sitting here, like "Where did you get this idea?"

"Oh, Television."

My negro I didn't write the fucking comic
I'm just telling you what the comics said
I know there are a bunch of arteries and shit in the legs.

It's not a new tactic, just one that's come back into fashion again. It'll fall back out of fashion once people learn to recognize it again, then be back again once everyone lowers their guard again. This shit goes in a constant cycle.

I thought we pretend she doesn't exist anymore after her comic. I doubt we'll see her in Rebirth that much, she seemed like one of those 'OC SO SPECIAL' characters.

I love how in the original Red Hood story he pointed out that shoulder wounds lead to bleeding out faster if not treated. In fact he said they're his favorite because they hurt like a bitch, easy to get people to talk when they're inflicted and easier to get them to die from it.

Shit, I I know exactly the scene you're talking about.

She was overdesigned. She should have never gotten a superhero identity and stuck to her Oracle style role. But no, because MUH FEMINISM!

I bet she gets killed off.

m-more?

Man, Red Hood has those fuck me eyes.

This is hilarious. We should make sure everybody on his twitter feed sees this.

Good idea user but I don't have a twitter and don't plan on getting one.

They wanna talk about appropriation? This shit's appropriation.

hes a hillbot Hillary doesn't like niggers the democrats either

Just need their surfs

I don't understand

The first page clearly says onyx is now a crime fighter

You are absolutely correct, good user. Currently, it's a real sinking ship, and almost virtually everyone onboard said ship is in complete and utter denial about it, showing snark to anyone that admits otherwise. I've seen this shit around twitter long enough to know that that's the truth.

New?
What do you call people who drive slower than you even by a single mph?
What do you call people who drive faster than you even by a single mph?

Same for vidya: casuals and autists.
Politics (or activism in this case): ignorant white males or no-life loser white males.

Oh fuck I just got it

It might be having no life but what does the whole get a life thing even mean ? I think if you have time to harass others or be an activist you have your professional life under control.
on this subject, why do leftist shitheads like saying deal with it?

Get in line.
No, not that one, you shitlord. THIS ONE. Yes, this specific one, which I am comfortable with.
You either adhere to every single belief that I do or you are a quadruple nigger white male cis-het-scum poopoo head.
You better have a facebook account, twitter account and a google drive account to say nice things about me and my friends or you are a dungeon troll. You better not say not-nice things about me or my friends on said accounts or you are a nazi troll who lives in his poor mother's basement. Screatch that fuck your mother with a an infested wooden pike forgotten in new orleans' swamp since 1954.
You don't like the way I'm telling you to think or act? There's shit you can do about it, lord. I hold the moral majority and people who agree with me will shame you into the ground. So will those who are afraid to be shamed into the ground despite not really believing into the cult of my thinking.

Butts.

Man, the times change.

"serfs"

"Get a life" means that you should be doing more important things than argue with whoever you're arguing with. Somehow it doesn't apply to them.

"Deal with it" is popular because it implies that they have permanently won and all you can do is accept it. It's an assertion of victory.

deal with it

Fuckin Perfect.

What a positively gross assumption. I can't even I can't even believe someone would be THIS FUCKING OFFENSIVE in one sentence.
First of all, how dare you compare xe with myhr?! Disgusting! Disgusting! DISGUSTING!
How dare you compare xe with Christians? THE worst, no, THE ONLY aggressive religion that enslaved, conquered and literally raped millions of cultures over the millennia? And it keeps literally raping me by literally raping little white hispanic altarpersons and getting away with it IN THE CURRENT YEAR! TELL ME THEY WEREN'T ASKING FOR IT, TELL ME HOW THIS ISN'T WHITE PRIVILEGE!
And secondly, how could you muster the absolute tenacity to accuse those poor female identifying victims of the 1980's patriarchy 2000 was almost 20 years ago, I had to stop typing bullshit for a minute to come to terms with that fact ?!!!!

Oh god, this is just too much, so much hostile toxicity being spewed in my direction, oy vey, I don't have enough patreon shekels to stay calm right now.
If anybody needs me, I'll be at the thrift store yelling at white men for being white.

#NotAllCucks #DISGUSTING #ew #transdimensionalpatriarchy

BTFO

The Hail Hydra thing makes me wonder how deeply corrupt the comics industry is. It makes me think it's gaming industry levels. Why did someone care about a stupid reveal in a stupid comic? No one reads comics anymore, and when they do stuff like this is shrugged off, but when this happened I saw it ALL OVER the internet.
The same kind of thing happens with every bit of diversity introduced in comics. So who's paying off journalists to shill for them and try to convince SJWs to buy shit they're never gonna buy?

It's worse than gaming industry level corruption. Games journalism is a shilling engine where the shills get ideas above their station, comics journalism is a revolving door where pundits become employees of the big two and vice versa.

I guess it's a terrible combination of the cartoon and gaming industry.
The cartoon industry's where they get the whole 'hire only your terrible, talentless friends to fill diversity quotas and ensure your SJW agenda is pushed everywhere it can be' thing comes from.

ishygddt.exe

This gave me an erection. Can you post the rest of the issue?

I second the motion