Wow, that was one of the most boring, lame movies I've ever seen...

Wow, that was one of the most boring, lame movies I've ever seen. The dialogue was pure anime-tier cringe that only a 11 years old kid could have stomached.

Seriously, anime-trash writers have no place in the real movie industry.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20161031082835/https://8ch.net/tv/res/509508.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lost all interest when this rubber looking condom factory reject showed up.

It's a godzilla movie, ofcourse it's going to have boring as fuck segments where humans are advancing a plot of some sorts.
Did you ever watch a godzilla movie before that wasn't made by burgers?

Godzilla vs Evangelion : You Can (Go) Fuck Yourself.

Classic shit vs overrated shit.

What is that? Some anime about godzilla?
Either way, this is godzilla movie, if you where expecting a movie about some weebshit robots you are seriously retarded.
Go watch pacific rim or one of the burgerzilla's, they will probably be more to your liking.

My plebeian meter is off the charts, it seems we have a popcorn muncher in the area.

Those parts being 90% of the movie were a major element why the movie sucked. The terrible, unnatural, anime-tier dialogues and characters completed this turd sandwich.

The visual effects are pure garbage tbh. Looks worse than 90's Godzilla flicks.

Which is which?

I wouldn't say it was 90% human dialogue though, I'd guess somewhere between 50-70%.
This is pretty much normal for even burger monster movies, and the nips usually have a lot less budget to work with. And obviously scenes of destruction, fighting and such cost a lot more to make, even if you largely rely on suits and destructible props.
It's not a great godzilla movie, but all in all it's not that bad either compared to the average godzilla flick, and the whole complaint about the talking too much just makes it seem like you don't know what an average godzilla movie is like.
One of the human plots I remember off the top of my head was some nip chick becoming psychically connected with godzilla or some shit and translating it's emotions to the rest of the dork squad, which does nothing but to explain some shit to the audience and largely fill time with awkward scenes of japs groaning because psychic strain and shitloads of dialogue that goes fucking nowhere.
I wasn't a fan of the politicians either, uninteresting nips talking in a room about irrelevant shit is simply par for the course.

That being said, there are also movies like Godzilla Final Wars that have some fun with the human bits by just pushing it way over the top, also has a lot of monster fights if that's all you care about, including a fight with the shitty CGI godzilla the burgers made around 2000.

Yeah who doesn't love these two faces, right?

Gojira was great, pic related was not.

It was shallow in representing not only christian culture, but japanese culture.

It wanted to be a Kurosawa movie, but didn't look near as good, nor it was casted or acted right.

I love my extra-long movies being able to give a true sensation of time past, but it was not worthwhile.

Holla Forums has let me down once again.

I'm not into Kurosawa and as a white American I never went through a weeb phase.. perhaps taht's why I found this movie to be pretty good.

Time will tell on this movie I think. As a Catholic who is curious about Asian history and cultures and their differences from the west, and a child of the 90s who grew up with Japanese influenced movies and themes in the media landsacpe - it stuck in my stomach for days after watching. I think as a cinematic experience one may feel underwhelemed, but as a period piece, a visual history (dutch, portugese, Japanese… the costumes and archetecture were outstanding) and a study of psychology, this movie shined

I'm neither weeb nor catholic (nor atheist, I'm agnostic theist). The issue I had is that the movie did no effort to convince me (through characters trying to convince each other) of their righteousness. It was like none of them truly believed, and even worse, had deep knowledge of what they were saying.
Inoue was a shit representation of japanese culture, Ferrera was slightly better but never went on at all, and the priests were very bad at converting at all… or standing up for those who defy them.
I expected to be tempted by both sides, for them to make me question myself and think they may be right, a lot of movies achieved this. Not this one.

Go back to reddit.

Hell did you expect? This monkey-eared abomination was in it.

I like his face, I like peculiar/weird actors. Lynch and Jean Pierre Jeunet uses of them come to mind. Or even Come And See, Aguirre, etc…

But he is a shit actor.

Like american writing is any better, i'd give money to japan before i give it to the jews that run hollywood

Those older godzilla movies had at least the slightly funny trash-appeal, the new one tries to be serious and is just cringey as hell. Except if you're a nerd who never left his mom's basement and never interacted with real people.

Some japs can write, just the anime nerd who wrote the shitty new godzilla movie can't. The dialogues were lifted straight from some shitty cartoon.

It was the second most watched movie of the year, won seven Japanese academy awards (including best film) and had four other nominations. Kinema Junpo also gave it the best screenplay award.

Shin Godzilla is directed, written, edited and screenplayed by Hideaki Anno which pretty much explains why that movie is basically live action Evangelion without an EVA.

And it still manages to be far more of a godzilla movie than any of the western ones.

You sound like a 12 year old fanboy.

I think 98 Godzilla has better philosophical plot than any Godzilla flick ever made. It has no heroes and no villains. Godzilla is just an ordinary animal trying to survive in her environment. Both Godzilla and humans just want to live peacefully, but it's impossible for them to coexist. Plus, the military is the most competent I've seen in a Godzilla movie.

Let me translate your post:

Let me translate your post:

I think japan is a fucked up country that shouldn't exist. But at least I can understand the fucking story of the movie based on historical context instead of making retarded claims like "omg, the military is not competent like our holy NAVY SEALS. HU RAA!"

Not worth it.

philosophical commentary >>>>>> socio political commentary

Movie description from imdb (which rates it at 5,3, metacritic 32):
A giant, reptilian monster surfaces, leaving destruction in its wake. To stop the monster (and its babies), an earthworm scientist, his reporter ex-girlfriend, and other unlikely heroes team up to save their city.

The movie contains zero philosophical commentary, unless you actually consider basic survival social commentary, but then fucking Cloverfield or Saw might as well be considered philosophical commentary.

I get it, the phantom menace is kino, godzilla 98 is kino, very funny meme.

Kill yourself.

are you korean or chinese? that would explain your retardation

wow, guess not only kikewood is corrupt as hell, huh

I get that they make content better than the west, but it's not unusual for him to think that it's weird. It's a sign that a culture is different.

Japan on its own would cease to exist with its current culture, if not by its post-modern suicidal tendencies, by its radical pacifism. It can only exist as a luxury bubble in our current global structure, much like other european bubbles. None of these tiny 'exception' countries should be taken seriously or expected to be around for the next centuries, with exception of the Swiss, who seem to be actually tuned into reality.

They aren't corrupt just because they awarded a movie you don't like.

Japan has a military (contrary to popular belief) and it's only a matter of time until they abolish article 9.

lol

you sound like a internet turbo-virgin who parrots every random shit he hears on the internet without having any clue at all

He's not really wrong if you think about it. Western occupation has been in japan for a while due to the Marshall Plan, and it prospered after the war.

Contrast it Haiti and South Africa. They had western occupation, but violently refused it. It's safe to say that they aren't as economically successful as Japan.

A movie that you didn't like.

I'm aware of japan's military and the movement in relation to article 9. Good signs, but remnants of the older generation who holds to power much longer there than elsewhere, the newer generation is going to tank the country pretty fast once they go away.

Says some burger who thinks the everything in the world is collapsing apart from his shitty country that's only success is it's military.
Try going to Japan or the EU sometime, you'll be amazed at what kind of shithole you actually live in.

Cloverfield doesn't make you sympathize with the beast. Godzilla in the other hand allows you sympathize with the monster, in a King Kong kind of way, but far more subtle. It portrays Godzilla as a beautiful and elegant creature, but it's existence dangerous at the same time. As portrayed in the concept arts, Godzilla has a shapely body that resembles human female. I think Godzilla has a lot of subtle metaphors with multi sided truth instead of the "on your face" anti war, anti nuclear, and pro environment message the Japanese Godzilla has. It's truly the Andrei Tarkovsky of Godzilla franchise.

where is this "EU" exactly?
you mean Europe?

Here's the thread we had on it.
web.archive.org/web/20161031082835/https://8ch.net/tv/res/509508.html

Define exactly what you mean. Provide examples of the characteristics of good dialogue vs. what was in the film.

His writing a bit sloppy but he gets the job done, unlike hollywood. He actually got an award or two for godzilla, so doesnt really mean much when you try to convine others this godzilla is shit

You could have just wrote
and be done with it.

Vid related.

That clip was quite strange. It begins with a "water sound" so grating that it made me cringe, followed by a madman talking jumbled meaningless philosophy that conveyed no meaning, nor left any impression other than the previously-stated madness. Once the girl showed up the change of direction and sound gave the illusion that she wasn't even in the same location as the man, even though that clearly was the intention. A solution to this problem could of been a noise that happened near the reverse-shot cut. At first I thought this was intentional (as if she was some figment of his imagination) but than her finally saying her name in the aural space solidified her existence. I've noticed this in other Tarkovsky clips wherein the camera would do a reverse shot (usually as some of sort-of point-of-view) but the space was not visually or aurally consistent giving the illusion of a cut to another location.

bump

The "madman" is a Russian poet living in Italy who suffers homesickness, yet he somehow found some of the spirit of Russia in Italy. Those "jumbles" are meaningful if you understand the context. No, they aren't supposed to be something like riddles, they're like poetry.

I liked both Godzilla Final Wars and the 2014 Burgerzilla. I also liked the 1st and 2nd movies for their classic cinematography among other things. 1998 Fagzilla confirmed for most shitty zilla.

Reptilian furries not welcome.

I never said they were like riddles.

They're called scalies.

I want Godzilla to fuck my wife.

heh, so new

>>>/normalfag/
>>>/reddit/

Unfortunately, it is, in a physics sense, the least realistic. Its ironic but, thanks to the square cube law, Godzilla should in fact have been invulnerable to the missiles that killed it.

Or at the very least only taken surface damage, leaving only bruises and internal injuries.

lots of angry weebs itt

Honestly I thought they tried to make him look more like a dinosaur in that movie.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NIGGAS CALLED THIS KINO

Why the fuck are weebs itt pretending this garbage is kino? I know one guy who's really into godzilla and he grew up thinking wwe was real, only grudgingly admits its fake now and still watches it to this day and loves capeshit, godzilla is 100% turbopleb trash

Well, the old Godzilla looked like the outdated t-rex posture as well.

bump

Better universe than the KongZillaverse.

The only one here arguing it's kino is that one guy who's calling the 98 american one kino, which I think (and hope) is just a joke.

I don't even think the japs themselves see it as such, the original one sure, but that one had such a massive cultural impact it spawned 20 or so more and god knows how many ripoffs.
The rest of the franchise is treated much more like a Transformers or Fast and the Furious, a simple franchise for normal people who just want to see some shit blow up.