Trump to Meet Privately With 700 Evangelical Leaders in Florida This Week

Trump to Meet Privately With 700 Evangelical Leaders in Florida This Week

bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-08-09/trump-to-meet-privately-with-700-evangelical-leaders-in-florida-this-week

The Republican presidential nominee will meet with members of the American Renewal Project's Pastors and Pews series, courting a key voting bloc.

August 9, 2016 — 9:01 AM CDT

Donald Trump is going to his first Pastors and Pews meeting to face a gantlet of questions from evangelical Christians about how he’d bring about a more Christian nation.

It will be a friendly room for the GOP presidential nominee, but there will be high expectations from the 700 conservative pastors and spouses at the private meeting sponsored by the American Renewal Project Thursday in Florida, organizers told Bloomberg Politics.

Trump’s central appeal on the campaign trail to religious conservatives is his promise to repeal the Johnson Amendment, an IRS rule that prohibits churches from using their tax-exempt resources to promote political candidates.

“That’s a good first step,” said David Lane, the American Renewal Project’s founder. “But what about the religious liberty of Christian photographers, Christian bakers, Christian retreat centers, and pastors who believe same-sex intercourse and marriage is sin? These Christians were simply living out their deeply held convictions of their Christian faith when they politely refused to provide services for a same-sex wedding. Doesn’t the First Amendment give us all a right to our beliefs?”

Lane added: “Homosexual totalitarianism is out of the closet, the militants are trying herd Christians there.”

The series of Pastors and Pews meetings became influential in the presidential race during the 2012 election cycle as a way to mobilize pastors and their congregations to push to re-establish a Biblically-based culture and to encourage them to dive into conservative politics via voter registration drives, get-out-the-vote efforts and by running for elected office themselves. The Christian Broadcasting Network also broke the news about Trump’s appearance at Thursday’s meeting.

All of the 2016 presidential hopefuls were invited to events during the primaries and caucuses, but only Texas Senator Ted Cruz, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, then-Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, former Texas Governor Rick Perry and Florida Senator Marco Rubio agreed to come to the closed-door sessions.

Democrat Hillary Clinton was invited to this week’s Pastors and Pews, which will take place in Orlando Thursday and Friday, Lane said. She is not scheduled to attend.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OCabT_O0YSM
thezog.info/who-controls-donald-trump/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Polls show that Trump is solidly leading among white evangelical Protestants, who make up one-fifth of all registered voters in the United States, according to the Pew Research Center.

Trump received support from 76 percent of those surveyed, while 18 percent favor Clinton, a Washington Post/ABC News poll taken Aug. 1-4 found.

Trump is polling ahead of where Republican Mitt Romney, a devout Mormon, was with evangelicals the summer before the 2012 election.

Four years ago, 73 percent of white evangelical Protestant registered voters said they planned to vote for Romney, and 23 percent described their support as “strong,” a Pew poll conducted that June found. In June this year, 78 percent planned to vote for Trump, and 36 percent strongly supported him, Pew polling showed.

Romney ended up carrying 79 percent of the bloc, exit polls found. The GOP nominee in 2008, John McCain, took 73 percent. George W. Bush carried 79 percent in 2004.

Renewal Project organizers want Trump to help mobilize an evangelical army to sway the vote against Clinton, who is leading Trump nationally by 7 points, according to the rolling average of polling compiled by RealClearPolitics.com.

“Trump cannot make the same mistake that Romney did in 2012: talking to evangelical national heads through conference calls and national meetings, thinking that that will trickle down to evangelical and pro-life Catholic Christians,” Lane said. “Those type of calls are necessary, but they don’t produce a ground game.”

Trump’s personal résumé doesn’t seem tailored for this audience: He’s on his third marriage, doesn’t regularly attend church, has demonstrated a lack of familiarity with Bible passages, said last summer during a question-and-answer session at another Christian forum that he has never asked God for forgiveness, and has changed his stances on abortion issues several times.

But he was given rave reviews for his speech to about 1,000 evangelical conservatives at a closed-door meeting in June in New York organized by United in Purpose. One of his biggest applause lines came when he said “we’re going to be saying ‘Merry Christmas’ again” instead of the secular “happy holidays” greeting, those in attendance told Bloomberg.

Pew polling released in July shows white evangelical Protestants think the New York real estate entrepreneur would be stronger than Clinton on gun policy, defending against terrorist attacks, improving the economy, selecting United States Supreme Court justices, and better reflects their views on abortion and many other matters.

Trump joins one other special guest at Pastors and Pews: Rubio. When it was announced last week that Rubio will speak on Friday morning to the group, the news quickly caused tension with gay rights activists.

Rubio for months had flatly denied any intention of seeking re-election to his Senate seat but changed his mind about a week after the June 12 terrorist attack at a gay nightclub in Orlando, saying the massacre of 49 people “deeply impacted” him.

Rubio tried to tamp down concerns about the divisive American Renewal Project agenda, telling the Tampa Bay Times the Pastors and Pews event is simply a gathering of local faith leaders. “Leave it to the media and liberal activists to label a gathering of faith leaders as an anti-LGBT event,” he said. “It is nothing of the sort. It is a celebration of faith.”

Could be smart but you know a merchant is gonna secretly record it.

It's obvious that Trump's an atheist. He never goes to church.

He's just courting the evangelicals because their vote is necessary to defeat Hilldebeast.

Is the "Hell is the oven that the jews should be worrying about" pastor attending or is he another burger sect?

Also, this is why Trump is courting Jews and Israel so much. Evangelicals are Jew cucks.

He needs to give the standard 'i love israel' for those votes. He's still opposing heeb plans with most of his policies.

the whole meeting is merchants

I consider myself a christian and I never go to church

go tip your fedora somewhere else

this.
If the jews actually try to challenge any of his policies in a threatening manner, he'll spill the beans on them. He'll say things to the world that we all wish we could say.

He should find a way to get the Amish to vote in PA.

how many amish are there exactly?

700k only a handful of them actually vote.

eat a bag of dicks

It's like you arrived yesterday

Good one, Trump chump.

Good goy.

I believe the universe is an intelligent construct, & I don't go to any church, either.
You are confusing the belief in a god with religion.

Evangelicals are the goodest goys

Reported.

Reported for not even trying.

Hey 'reported for intl' sperg, did the christcuck alarm go off again?

Reported for being a useful idiot shabbos goy

idiot, small business profit more from less regulation (less loopholes) and a lower rate

Good call. The "reported for intl" Christard forgot to take his meds again.

Nope. The Trump Organization is a multinational corporation. Additionally, all of Trump's physical products are manufactured in third world countries, e.g. China, Mexico, Philippines, etc.

Nope. Trump has supported every U.S. military action in the Middle East for the past 16 years.

Nope. Trump is a globalist internationalist.

Nope. Trump has talked about how loves debt and is the "king of debt."

No, idiot. Jewish owned/run corporations profit from less regulation and a lower corporate tax rate.

90% of Trump's economic advisers are Jewish corporate/Wall Street parasites.

reminder to all the non-shills out there that trump knows quite well what the kikes are like being in business this long and that he hates them for damaging the US
Hide the D&C shills, don't argue, there's little purpose in doing so

ok i fell for your bait once, my bad, not again

Good luck, Trump cuck.

I miss when Joe and Mika were allowed to be pro-Trump

Reminder that you're a mentally retarded gay nigger.

Christcucks everybody, you faggots are muslims minus the violence

I just want to point out that using quick little snippets like that isn't very effective for convincing people here. You'll actually need to cite some of our sources, or post links to .archive with full context.

Also, on the last one, many of them are aware of us using that line, and that it's taken out of context, so we have to pick up a new one. As well they're pretty aware of what Trump's over all lean is, so try not to respond to them in that manner.

See me at my office so we can discuss this more.

Joe Scarborough. Is that the Irish guy who murdered his secretary when he was a Florida Congressman?

Thank you for correcting the record.

No, being a Kike shill makes you a Kike shill.

WE GOT A LIVE ONE

Saudi and Turkey confirmed for glassy craters under Trump administration.

they were never really pro-Trump and just fell ass backwards into some half-decent analysis that only looked decent because of how appalling the rest of the media has been

I have enough links/sources to choke a horse. Holla Forums niggers aren't interested in links/sources.

Eat shit, Trump bitch.

Trump was against the invasion of Iraq, nigger.

you have to go back

Christcucks allowed this Mudslime invasion to happen, just look at their Pope

didn't they always bashed Trump whenever they could

Yes we are.
Just make sure they're not libtard sources.

You sound like a buttblasted Hispanic diaspora.

No he wasn't, nigger. Trump was warmongering against Iraq in 2000.

The shill is already over a quarter of the posts in this thread, anybody wanna make bets on how high he'll get ?

That page is from Donald Trump's FEC personal financial disclosure form.

I've seen him in interviews at the time where he specifically said Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 & the power vacuum if we took him out may give us something worse.
And what you've posted is simply saying that IF the administration decides to go after Iraq they shouldn't do it half-assed. I agree with this, as anyone with any brains would.
Half-assed is what got us Vietnam.

You've never seen any such interviews from 2003 or before because such interviews don't exist except in your fevered imagination, Trump cuck.

hehehe

Good video showing Trump stances since he was young.

youtube.com/watch?v=OCabT_O0YSM

See

My memory goes back a lot farther, back at the very beginning they were very pro-Trump. It almost got their show cancelled so they started to go full hog against Trump. I went to the Pensacola Trump rally (Joe is from Pensacola) and his brother gave one of the opening addresses.

oh no how will i ever recover

Hitler used to think art was a good career choice, even if you're right we care about now not over a decade ago shill

No thanks, Trump cuck.

No surprise that two CIA operatives in the Jewish news media would support Donald Trump.

keep going this is funny

Feel free to produce any video or audio of Donald Trump opposing the Iraq War before 2004, Trump cuck.

You can't, because they don't exist.

Actually they are, since Trump is a compulsive liar and a crypto-Kike mafioso.

Just go to about 7:05 in the video, shitskin.
You asked for sauce, you got it.

ok

Right.

They recognized which way the wind was blowing and crumbled the moment there was even the potential for consequences. I don't have any respect for a grown man who is on the verge of an emotional breakdown because a political candidate didn't condemn someone according to your exact preferences.

He even ran defense for Hillary with her very own KKK connection. He's a snake through and through.

who are you voting for then, if your not in the U.S who would you vote for then

no strong positions pre 2004 but plenty of hesitation, he wasn't in politics at the time why should he have a resolute position

I can't hate them for it. They gave Trump a lot of legitimacy and airtime back when it was extremely toxic to do so and no one else was doing it. Trump was metaphorically kicked out of the nest now that he reliably commands the airwaves and secured the nomination. I don't respect what they did, but I do understand why they did it.

Filtered, get a better job subhuman.

Everytime Trump does something retarded like pick Pence or supports Israel our greatest ally Holla Forums closes both eyes and covers both ears.
Truth of the matter is come november Trump or Hillary America will still be on the same path it is right now under Obongo.
Nothing changes the only real change would be a 3rd party candidate cause they're truly outside the scope of the shitty political system.

proof he's shilling for hillary

I know i should filter him but i'm on a bus trip and i'm rather bored

This is 100% wrong, and everything else you said is out of your ass. Go back to 4cuck.

you are a misinformed retarded shill. he is helping small businesses by cutting their tax rate, as opposed to hillary who wants to triple that number.

also
this is what you just said
remember jews worked with Hitler retard, they sure controlled him didn't they

Fair enough, dubs confirm

hey look! a lolbergturdian, everyone point and laugh at this retarded faggot!

How does it feel knowing THE 3rd party now supports BLM?

thezog.info/who-controls-donald-trump/

"Trump, Sept. 11, 2003: It wasn’t a mistake to fight terrorism and fight it hard, and I guess maybe if I had to do it, I would have fought terrorism but not necessarily Iraq." – Factcheck.org

Video: Donald Trump - The Iraq War (2003)

so the jews who worked under Hitler controlled him did they
employees =/= control
when we used the niggers as slaves i'm sure it was really them who where ruling over us

fuck off

ye good luck getting elected like that

same shill tactics i read every time on Trump threads

It's a band-aid solution. I don't think Christianity will ever single-handedly return anything to its old glory days. The Bible has a lot of open-ended questions coming from its own logic that I suspect is responsible for the never-ending denomination fracturing. It also puts too many practical solutions into the hands of God. So many practical solutions that God becomes a single point of failure, which is a disaster waiting to happen no matter who or what something is. We can see the results of God being a single point of failure in how easily anti-Christian subversion and atheism took apart Christianity in the 20th century, and how easily information warfare continues to take it apart. Top this off with the subtle defeatist attitude from Revelations and you have an ideology that's a sitting duck in a world where its connected to every single one of its opposites that never once stopped developing ways to destroy it.

At this point I think it's parody. The over saturation of shilling in general is starting to make me automatically disregard any obvious bullshit about Trump. Which makes me wonder why the shill bosses still bother with spending money on this website. This lazy "propaganda" has never hurt Trump with genuine Holla Forums anons in this entire election process. Trump's numbers keep growing and growing and there is nothing anyone can do about it but cry!

I think some of these 'shills' might just enjoy riling some people up tbh.

Anyone who genuinely read the replies in these threads as an objective human could easily spot the actual shills which infiltrated Holla Forums at the start of the Trump campaign spamming "le god emperor can do no wrong."
Any concerns against Trump were immediately shouted down as LOL SHILLLL!!!!
It's like watching the CTR talking about shillary.

Christianity got botched mostly because it sets rules that are too boring and no fun allowed, for your average guy that want to do whatever the fuck he wants at no cost.
No wonder the degeneracy took over so fast as soon secularism/relativism became a mainstream thing, thanks to (((liberalism))) movements, people felt free to do anything and not being criticized, since any rule was valid and anyone would be forced to accept it for granted by (((them))).
And you are right about putting everything on the hand of God results into failure, since its stated on the Bible that we should do our part while He does His part.
Too bad the church tend to be choke full of warm and opportunist people seeking salvation, but do nothing.
Plus the function of the Church and its people are to be the salt of the world, not be a magic solution reverse the rotten state of the meat, but lots of people missed the point by being too passive.

tl:dr : Its both the Church's fault for slacking off at the teachings of the Word and not keeping (((them))) in check, while drinking the kool aid.

Addendum: Its funny how most Christians love jews, but forget that jews hate Christians with a passion. tip: anyone against Christ is the enemy of Christians

Kill yourself anytime, shill.

HILLARY MISSILE BTFO

This is great, a fuckton more votes for Trump.

There is a war against Christianity and Trump is taking advantage of it by securing the Christian vote. And the Christian vote happens to be a YUUUGE percentage of the population.

From the shills presence ITT, you can tell this thread was supposed to be anti-Trump. OP actually thinks it's a bad thing that the God Emperor's meeting with evangelicals.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA