Nightly

I feel like Firefox nightly is really underrated. It's better than stable in almost every way.

It alreay is.

Stable has a 64-bit version since last year (in Windows. It's been 64-bit in Linux and OSX for ages) and an address bar that's also a search bar since they changed the UI.

Multi-process can also be enabled.

The only thing the stable version doesn't have is telemetry.

How exactly can you enable multi-process on stable?

Firefox has done that for awhile and it's fucking normie cancer. You suck, OP

Hope and pray that your addons do not conflict with it.

Im on 40.1 and they are the same bar if you want
or you can separate if u want

The future.

Congratulations Mozilla, you've nearly caught up to where Chrome was ten years ago

I'd use Chromium over Firefox if:
-it wasn't even more bloated
equery g www-client/chromium-57.0.2987.8 | wc -l81emerge -pav chromium...www-client/chromium-56.0.2924.76 ... 501,453 KiBequery g www-client/firefox-51.0 | wc -l63du -h /usr/portage/distfiles/firefox-51.0.source.tar.xz194M /usr/portage/distfiles/firefox-51.0.source.tar.xz
-it hadn't a hard dependency on the cancer known as GTK3
-had not been caught blatantly fucking the user
-had a better UI (or at least a more customizable one)

tl;dr every browser is shit. Links -g or waiting for Netsurf is your best bet.

- Chromium's tarball is that size because upstream bundles deps (that don't get used). Before they starting being retarded and lazy about it it was the same size as Firefox.
- If you diff those equery lists you can see the things unique to chromium are some python build deps, base libraries like gzip and zlib, media formats and libX*. Those don't magically disappear with Firefox, they just get buried in the GTK dependency nepotism.
- I'll give you the GTK3 thing, but it's only used for build headers, only GTK2 gets linked at runtime. Blame Gentoo for not separating packages into base and headers like more civilized distros do. Firefox has the same problem too, in case you hadn't noticed. If you want something legitimate to bitch about, there's the CUPS dependency.
- They can try all they want to fuck me over, I've got package.mask and I read the news. One fuckup with a retraction and an apology is still better than Mozilla's 10 year mantra of "our browser is perfect, it's your user profile that takes 2 minutes to open goy, remember to delete it every 3 months :^)"
- You can write your own chromium frontend as a html5 app, look at those vivaldi retards for a badly executed example

maybe you should get gud

That's not the case, gtk3 can be totally avoided.
It looks like chromium-57 can be used without gtk3, so that's good.
Still, after close inspection of both version ebuilds, dbus is in the RDEPEND, which is a nono.
Do I look like a faggot?
I meant waiting for it to be usable. It's not better than links or dillo at the moment.

Also, did you try the latest firefox? I was considering switching to Chromium will using the ESR branch (45), but skia really makes a difference in 51.

Why is that good? This is the first thing I turn off in Firefox. I don't want my typo urls to be sent to any search engine. And more importantly I don't want my search queries end up as dns requests.

I just want it to be as good as Konqueror 3 was :(
Okay fuck, fine.
Last time I dumped firefox it was because long image threads here were taking 5+ minutes to load on a slower computer compared to 15-20 seconds in chrome. Maybe it'll be less awful *this* year.

Redpill me on Firefox Nightly.

It's shit.

kys

lol firefug thread

Firefox nightly ain't special at all kiddo

this

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.