What does Holla Forums think of this great man?

What does Holla Forums think of this great man?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiH7sGTpuXRAhXsy4MKHQ_xAbYQFghJMAk&url=http://agi-conf.org/2008/artilectwar.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHOIrW0hoTUeotB3FRM0Cjrp7UITA
m.liveleak.com/view?i=be7_1485299686
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Garden variety naive ideologue. Victory of ideas is always decided by material competitiveness and human nature, so mass "against the grain" brainwashing will never work for more than a few generations.

Reminds me of "The Island", the sequel to Brave New World, where a peaceful commune is described and then run over by tanks. It didn't matter that the commune was better, the tanks are fitter.

Agriculture and high technology are indisputably fitter than primitivism and will win every time, and removing them from the world is impossible.

In many ways, he's a brilliant man, but his crimes were ultimately futile. I think he realized that there was no stopping the Holla Forums train, at least not by murdering professors, and that's what ultimately led to his capture. He promised to stop sending bombs if the NYT published his manifesto, and when they agreed, his brother read it, said "Hey, this sounds like Ted," and turned him in to the FBI.

Back then, it was difficult to get wide publicity for something like that unless it was published in a major newspaper. If he had just waited a few more years (and temporarily overcome his Luddism), he could have reached even more eyeballs via the internet.

I sometimes wonder what he would think about the internet. He's still alive in prison, but I don't know if he writes much anymore.

literally who

On the off chance that you're not jesting:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski

An early image of stallman from his illegal woodshop days

I disagree. Anyone who has read "Ship of Fools" may better appreciate that you don't understand that you don't have the luxury of natural selection when planet-destroying forces are being experimented. This isn't some benign experiment being conducted, the price of failure is extinction for all. Ted was absolutely brilliant, and easily 1000x more intelligent than the smartest poster on Holla Forums. Don't kid yourself, he knew what he was doingand why. Its easy to dismiss what you don't understand as crazy. Unlike Ted I have hope that AI will save us from ourselves.

So you want the increasing regimentation of society as it adopts new technologies to become political domination by machines as well?

Yes. Humans are animals and as such are going to be unable deliver the most efficient use of resources due to greed, emotions, etc. AI will help us to do better for us than we can do ourselves. It may not be your ideal Utopia, but logically this is the only achievable Utopia for all. Prove me wrong.

Material prosperity and leisure time is all it takes to make a utopia?

Not him. I think he means as in an objective utopia, on top of which the people can build their own utopias (with the aforementioned wealth and wellness).

18th century French Aristocrats come to mind. They had bountiful leisure and considerable wealth at their disposal, but I think it would be quite a stretch to describe them as an instance of human flourishing.

>Just apply god magic communism artificial intelligence and humanity will be saved!
AIfaggotry is a mental disease.

Utopia is something different for every person. A computer will define an objective Utopia within the defined parameters. Maximizing liesure time and material prosperity may be paramaeters that a designer might choose, but others will reject this design decision. I think that we should leave it to the AI to calculate the parameters for optimization considering all outcomes, so that an objectively desireable result is obtained across multiple metrics. This will most likely involve some animal labor, but it is impossible to conclude that result without running the AI program. I predict that animal labor uses less fuel for necessary but low-repetition tasks, so the AI might direct that humans do some labor.

What if my utopia involves human freedom? It is clearly incompatible with yours.

AI is no different than expecting aliens to save us

One will always displace the other.

War is an extension of politics by other means. If you cannot be reasonably contained in your opposition, or converted to serve our AI overlords, conflict could be one solution. Conflict is wasteful, so that is a last resort. Nothing personal kid, but don't think you can stop the coming of the Artilect or the Artilect War.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiH7sGTpuXRAhXsy4MKHQ_xAbYQFghJMAk&url=http://agi-conf.org/2008/artilectwar.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHOIrW0hoTUeotB3FRM0Cjrp7UITA

Your position is referenced in the species domination section in the PDF linked to in

I don't think things will ever get to that point because we'll have depleted the accessible reserves of several natural resources completely before technology becomes quite that advanced.

It's not my job to prove you wrong, it's your job to prove yourself right.

Your outlook on humanity is below too low. You don't understand just what people in this world are capable of because all that you know of is the failure that you see in yourself. An AI is not necessary for humans to get to the next stage any more than it was to get where we are now. If anything, you're making the problems you propose to exist worse because you're creating a gatekeeper for the knowledge generated by the AI in the first place. Nobody would trust a single tweet/text/[insert mass communication] by the AI because they would think it was the organization in charge of keeping the AI going that was sending out the messages in a grab for power. Finally, what is the AI going to tell us that we don't already know? The Palestinians and Jews need to stop killing each other and we need all cars to be electric powered? We already know what the problems are and how to fix them.

You have too low an opinion of greater than human intelligence AI. We will have new materials, new science, thanks to AI. Just as the average man of 2000 years ago, or even 200 years ago, would not be able to imagine calculus or computer, you have no concept of the immense advances to our technology and culture that a powerful AI can provide. It will be like 50,000 years of human advancement in just 5 years. If you don't realize the power of AI you are a fool. If you get in the way of our AI, it is unforgivable, a sin worthy of the worst punishment imaginable.

I look forward to a super edgy roleplay session where you describe in detail how you will send your robots against me and I describe how I will crush in your skull with a stone axe.

m.liveleak.com/view?i=be7_1485299686

They are powered by hamster wheels back in the evil lab, and the stored energy in lithium batteries gets them up to 1500 feet with the minimum battery weight.

listen here guys, AI is gonna be great because then it can stay at home and farm food me while I go on a hike or practice guitar. Or, AI can fuck off and I can farm my own damn yams.

AI could allow more leisure time than humans ever thought possible. A better education than ever dreamed of, from the comfort of your home.

AI is going to the single best thing we'll ever create

chill math nature man

wish i took my studies as seriously as he did

wish i took anything as seriously as he did

now i'm sad

We already have automated farming without the need for automachines.

no

His typography and writing structure was well before its time
it is perfectly formed to be easily and conveniently consumed on a smartphone in small batches during breaks
I have never been so impressed by a pdf

Sad expression, manlet, unkempt hair and a fucked nose. Facial hair needs work, but it's a decent start at least.

3/10, wouldn't bang.