War of Southern Independence

Could the south have feasibly won the war?

I know the south compared to the north at the time was underdeveloped, underpopulated and underarmed but could it have managed to win the war of northern aggression?

Other urls found in this thread:

emarotta.com/protective-tariffs-the-primary-cause-of-the-civil-war/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Pillow
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The UK and France seriously considered intervening into the war on the side of the south. Luckily Russia was a good ally to America and they didn't.

If they could have secured French or British support yes they would have won, but they couldnt so they didnt

yankee who pisses on the articles of confederation detected. globalist cuck detected. doesnt believe in states rights faggot detected.

The South WAS winning, they very nearly beat the North.

No, there were too many non-whites living there to be able to fight a war long-term.

Laws are only as good as the people who follow them.

yeah, good thing that the squatmonkeys didn't go with the south, eh

this was about the union jewing the south for decades before they finally got tired of it and told them to fuck off. the south was producing all of the wealth for the nation and wasn't receiving the benefits or the power. they fought a war to win what was rightfully theirs.

For Texas it would be a terrible idea, cartels would cross over and begin carving up terrirtory in texas and it would be a long bloody war. With out US military firepower they would try.

Virginia succeeding also unlikely. CIA and a shit ton of government/military instalations are in the state. DC would also have no desire to leave, nor would Maryland.

apply yourself

3/10

Schwuler

Russia didn't need force projections. She threatened Britain and France, not America.

America was a bitch. This was about the bigger powers using the Civil War as a proxy war of the Great Game.

Britain and Russia especially. Had those two joined you'd have had WWI around 50 years early.

the north had to tax the south like 30% on all their goods to pay for their bullshit. exporting goods and taking advantage of other nations isnt globalism.

what does this even mean, "via jewry" the south rallied themselves after getting cucked out of their wealth for years

Checked

The Lib urbanites would be killed in a southern civil war. We own the infrastructure that allows the city vermin to live. We own the guns and ability to use them. We own large capable vehicles.

Liberals in general would be killed. They have no sense of survival, only intense and stupid amounts of empathy and trust.

Oh nice. Dubs confirm then.

Keked and checked.

Speaking as a non-burger, I would say no for the following reasons:

The south had some great generals, but didn't seem to have any real strategy. Ulysses Grant recognised his main resource was numerical superiority and formulated a strategy based on that.
So if Grant hadn't become a general, maybe the south could've won their independence.

Confederate president Jefferson Davis was a mostly inept administrator and pathetic shadow of a statesman, his failures at home really let down the otherwise competent army
If Davis had pushed for a better wartime infrastructure, and generally acted like a dignified leader, maybe they could have won.

The reasons you stated - underdeveloped, underpopulated, underarmed - are quite ancillary to the whole war effort. There's no "1 weird old trick" they could have pulled to circumvent this defecit, it was very real yet neither the confederate president nor the generals were really interested in adapting southern societies to fight a proper war.

When the confederacy succeeded from the US, bankers (jews) saw it as an opportunity to make the Union debt slaves, so they offered to fund Lincoln at 30% interest rate. Lincoln said "I won't free the black man by making the white man slaves to the bankers."

Lincoln issued a new government currency, called the greenback to help fund the Civil war. The jews got bootyblasted and said that the US needs to be destroyed. So, most of Europe were in fact, in support of the confederacy. They expected if the confederacy won, that they would get rid of the greenback. And like I said in my first post, France and Britain were seriously considering entering the war on the side of the CSA and invading the Union. They didn't because of Russia. Russia aided the Union, their serfdom system just ended and they created a state central bank much like the one the United States was based on. So without any intervention from Europe, the Union won.

Lincoln had intentions to continue circulating the greenback, but he was assassinated, the greenbacks were stopped circulating and he never got to deport all the niggers, with that Americans were forced to go back to a similar system they had found themselves in at the beginning of the Revolutionary war. That is, where they used bank notes borrowed at interest from private bankers.

After that, a bunch of rich European banking elites (Rothschilds, Warburgs) met up and formed a third bank of the US so they could again control the money supply. They knew that the first two times they tried it, everyone in America told them to fuck off, so they called it the Federal Reserve to make people think it had anything to do with the government even though it was a private bank.

Their strategy was ironclad: show that they could decisively defeat the North in battle, outside of their territory. This would grant them international recognition and lead to a win condition like in the American Revolution. They tried this twice and only narrowly failed both times. Otherwise, there was literally no other feasible strategy in winning the war beyond what they did. Conquering the north or fighting a war of attrition (which is what happened) were impossible.

It's hard to simply "make infrastructure" and move to "total war" when you are under blockade and cut in half as is what happened after 1862.

That's about it really. The South wasn't just outnumbered 2:1, they also had 1/3 of their population in chains and scattered all over the place. Not a favorable start to any conflict.

If Davis hadn't trusted a kike advisor, they'd have one right after Bull Run. JUDAH BENJAMIN: THE KIKENVERMIN.

Nope. Never.

In the vast majority of cases, quantity trumps quality on the battlefield. How do you think the Soviets won WWII? Or the Persians won Thermopylae?

Sage for Lost Cause thread.

adviser

No.

Why would you want the kike-backed south to win?

Seceded is the word you're looking for, stormderp.

bump

southerners are the boers of america

lincoln had to create a fiat currency because now that they couldnt jew the south out of their wealth, they couldnt afford to have actual currency (gold and silver coins) like they did when the south was paying stupidly high taxes. you are spewing some retarded bullshit.

If Gen. Jackson hadn't died, the Civil War probably would have ended in less than a year.

The creation of that currency challenged the bankers though, he wasn't playing along with their game, told them to keep their bank notes and that he won't take any funds from them.

We weren't borrowing their bank notes at interest anymore, so they weren't making any money off us, we told the bankers to fuck off multiple times in history and almost every time it's resulted in war.

I mentioned that in my post though.

There would be no cartels in mexico for damn near 100 years you loon

if youre going to print fiat currencies you better be an idealist who has total unwavering trust for your government. lincoln could have told the bankers to fuck off before the war. he was forced to restructure the monetary system. thinking you can tax the producers of the wealth more than the receivers will lead to war every single time. most recent example is eastern ukraine.

You underestimate Texas's strength.

We have a national guard airforce bigger than many countries in Europe.

Ive read Turtledove's Timeline-191 and while I get that he makes Featherston out to be le ebil nazi fuhrer and the South loses WW2 I have to admit the idea of killing almost all the niggers off made me pretty hard

Yes, now we have the Federal Reserve, which is literally controlled by Jews from Goldman Sachs.

Andrew Jackson predicted this would happen.

the export tariff on cotton was over 50% at one point, and the import tariffs generated 90% of the fed's revenue.

emarotta.com/protective-tariffs-the-primary-cause-of-the-civil-war/

The south had better soldiers, better generals, and most of the battles were in the south. The north had quantity but they didn't have the incentive or quality of a southern soldier.

I wouldn't say the South had better soldiers considering most of them were militia. They had a better reason to fight is more like it, to them the Northerners were going to come down and attack their hometowns and families so there was more to fight for than the North. Northerners didn't exactly give a shit about Negroes and their homes weren't under threat. A lot of Northerners didn't really see a reason for all the fighting.

It is true that the South had the superior Generals. Which was actually a major problem for them as well when Stonewall Jackson died that was worse than losing an entire Regiment of soldiers.

I'm not saying they were good one way or another, central banks in and of themselves are shit. I'm just telling you what happened man. The union wasn't the ebil globalist villain you think it was.

Lincoln ruined this country.

simply ebin :^)

Only if France and the UK intervened, otherwise not at all
Reminder that the South was backed by the Rothschilds

No, but they the southern cucks and jews brought in all the niggers for muh shekels and boomed this continent.

Daily reminder that northern nationalists and Lincoln were determined to ship niggers back to africa but the south killed Lincoln before this was possible.

it is a central government bank you fucking faggot

There was nothing wrong with enslaving subhumans to pick cotton. Slavery was fine, Lincoln was an overreaching faggot who should have been killed sooner. Fuck yankees and fuck you.

Would have had to take Washington, Philadelphia, and New York City. Nearly impossible.

A non-industrialized nation, no matter how great its generals, is a match for an industrialized one. They may win battles, but they will inevitably lose the war. It is the difference between tactics and strategy.

kys

I despise agreeing with the one who needs to drown in semen, but the faggot is right on this one

Southern boy here, Alabama specifically. If you look at the stats, despite being undermanned, underarmed, etc, the south still damn near won. Until closer to the end, they were taking out yankees nearly 2:1, which was fitting because the yanks outnumbered them roughly 2:1. There was also the issue of the north being inept as all fuck and absolutely having no fucking idea what to do with their more industrial base, OR their military for that matter, with moronic fuckwits leading their army to their deaths time and time again.

The problem though, is something that is even apparent in RTS video games today. The "zergling" strategy. While it didnt win the north the war early on, just being out numbered constantly meant the south HAD to be better soldiers or else they'd lose. So despite being better, they only managed to keep even for most of the war, making a little headway over time and pressing north

Sherman is probably the greatest American general in our history only US general to be studied in European war colleges

now, if you got a time machine and eliminated him, then maybe. But Sherman is not the kind of man that stops for sweet tea or pleading faggots.

God dammit none of you faggots know how to spell secede.

There's nothing wrong with enslaving niggers. There is something wrong with not allowing a state to secede from the union. Fuck Lincoln and fuck you.

What part of perpetual union do you not understand?

Yes

Dude just fucking move on.

I dont think many countries in europe have a national guard air force branch though

Yankees ran this country to the ground. You were all for the Brexit weren't you? Think about that.

assblasted kike detected

CSA had a kike in its cabinet you massive faggot

Kikes exclusively profitted off of the slave trade you shill

Niggers are never good, all the problems in the US could have been avoided if the south didn't bring niggers here

a new country would be better then this soon to be Brazil nightmare the US is done.
Dude just fucking move on.

the majority of the United states fighting force since its founding has always been milita tier units like the national guard

They never came close to victory. Any real victory would have meant defeating the Union on their own clay, which would have aroused the anger of the average Northerner, which would have lead to increased fervor that the South simply could not withstand.

Non-industrial nations can't beat industrial ones on their home turf over the long term.

The south could have quite feasibly won the war up to Gettysburg. There were some occasions where they could have one afterwards but they became increasingly unlikely as time went on

It's going to collapse, we're nearing the 250 year deadline. That's not a question. It's a question of what will arise from the fire. But nigger you gotta get over that shit, and work together with us.

lol

The only problem I see is the fact that the north thought we couldn't leave the goddamn union and invaded us over it. I'll say it again: there's nothing wrong with enslaving subhuman niggers. Fuck Lincoln.

I'm saying that it was good that the UK left the EU retard, that's what the south tried to do in the Civil War, leave because the Union wasn't in our interest anymore.

Gettysburg was the main turning point, if it wasn't for Gettysburg Lincoln would have never given his 'Emancipation Proclamation.'

Because it was illegal. PERPETUAL union. Do you not understand the word?

Where the fuck do you think Washington D.C. is?

Please stop posting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Pillow

wew

We joined on the pretense that we could leave it. It was perfectly legal faggot. The word perpetual is wishful thinking, the social contract is not something you can force. Stop being a retard.

No you didn't.

PERPETUAL UNION

The proclamation was a political tool used to encourage the Brits and French to stay out of the war and encourage slaves to flee the south for the north, undermining the south's economy even further

Never said it was about slavery . . . and yes the EU Brexit metaphor is accurate. A union that decides your laws for you so you decide to get the fuck out of it.

Im ready to leave this union and if you intend to try and keep me in this disutopian nightmare I will happily fucking kill you. This needs to end m8

YOU CAN'T FORCE SOMEONE TO BE APART OF SOMETHING THEY DON'T WANT TO BE APART OF, JUST ASK BRITAIN

As I recall the option to leave the union after signing, should it be deemed necessary by the states that signed it, was considered intrinsic. In fact half of the states wouldn't sign it if that wasn't an option

false equivalency

You can keep your niggers too, southernfag

not an argument

also south joined union under the pretense that it was PERPETUAL

Dude, the EU and the Union are literally nothing alike. Also, under the perpetual union you aren't allowed to leave, so they would have violated that agreement. That's why they were called traitors.

I can force my dick in your mom's asshole though you nigger lover.

Yeah, and it's another example of why Lincoln was a huge faggot who should have been killed sooner.

How motherfucker, how?

THE SOCIAL CONTRACT IS MORE THAN AN ARGUMENT, IT'S THE BASIS FOR THE EXISTENCE OF THE UNITED STATES, WHEN I SAW I'M OUT, THAT MEANS I'M FUCKING OUT, HENCE THE BREXIT

You mean the ones you northern fucks were so keen on freeing and then NOT dealing with? You mean the ones you wont let us ship the fuck back? You mean the ones your liberal faggot politicians pander to constantly and steal OUR tax dollars to give to them so they can keep being good little voting cattle? You mean the ones we dont want any fucking things to do with and WERE content to leave them in their containment zones, but YOUR liberal fuck politicians keep pushing section 8 and other shit down our throats so the nigger plague keeps spreading when we had it contained?

Fuck you. If we leave, we're dropping the niggers on your fucking front door step, they're YOUR pets, YOU fucking deal with them. Either that, or we fucking shoot them or ship them back to the jungle where they belong.

The basis of U.S. government was John Locke's theory that we have a right to rebel from tyrannical government, not only a right, but an obligation. You can't expect me to try and be apart of something that doesn't care appeal to my self-interest whatsoever.

Actually killing lincoln only exacerbated the negro problem. He had plans in the works to ship the slaves all beck to Africa. Ever hear of Liberia?

They would have had to take Philly and NYC to win, as per my other post in the thread. Just taking DC wasn't enough for the War of 1812, and it wouldn't have been enough for the Civil War.

Once the Rebels took DC, the people would have gone apeshit and it would have been simple to mobilize them for total war. The South could never hold territory, and would be forced to fight on their own clay, and the Union with its superior supply mechanisms, would simply outlast them, as they did in reality.

Taking a nation's capital isn't the same as winning a war.

The south also had plans, the whole country had plans. Lincoln should have left us fucking be in the first place, fuck him, he should have died earlier.

Im not from the south and could give fuck all about it cascadia needs out of this shithole union

If the South would have won Gettysburg, they could have marched to Washington and sued for peace.
Also Lee should have listened to Longstreet and gone around to the South at Gettysburg.

We were going to send them back to Africa actually.

So were we faggot.

yeah and what happened to that plan? Oh right, the ONE guy you had who was for it was offed by a jew stooge, and then suddenly all of you magically forget about it. Sure seemed like it was "your" plan to send them back and not JUST lincolns plan that once he was gone none of you gave a shit about seeing done.

Fuck off, if you fucks dont get your shit in check and stop fucking with us, we're leaving again, and we're sending you your little pet chimps in the mail.

We'll be sending them north, you know. It's your fault for freeing them. It's the future you chose.

The only thing the south needed to do was not fuck up Antietam after being divinely blessed with the Union's battle plans. Had they won and not lost all their momentum in a bloody and worthless draw they could have stormed Washington and forced a treaty before Lincoln could even think of using niggers as political bait.

Polite sage for non-politics related hypothetical alternate history thread.

Actually, no, it's not. I don't give a single fuck about your shitty argument, which is why I didn't respond to it. I noticed you'd made a very basic vocabulary mistake and corrected you on it, hoping you'd use this new-found knowledge to better yourself. Looks like I was wrong.
Using completely the wrong word isn't a typo, stormderp. If you'd said "seceeded" or some other variation, that would be a typo, because a typo is an accidental misspelling of a word you knew and intended to write. In this instance however, you used the wrong word entirely because again, you lack a basic understanding of English vocabulary. Retards like you are a diamond dozen. You need to learn to speaku Engurish properly if you're going to make it in this doggy-dog world.

Dime a dozen.

Ironic

It's a doggy dog world.

the expression is "dog eat dog world"

you stupid redditcuck

IIRC, they had a chance to win after the first battle of Bull Run (Manassas Junction. They could have kept marching and taken the capitol. However, they wanted to fight a defensive war (which is kind of stupid when you don't have enough troops to properly defend your borders). After that, there was Sherman's March to the Sea and various other events which made winning difficult if not impossible.

observe the underdeveloped sense of humor apparent in this failed beta male, who impersonates a dyke cunt for reasons known only to himself.

You were wrong then and you're wrong now, user. Whatever are you doing on Holla Forums?

You must be some sort of retard, that was obviously the point you

How many times are you going to post this? You got your answer. It's a stupid anti-America, anti-Nationalist larping. And besides, the South is full of niggers and Mexicans

I love how every Civil War thread turns into a redneck WE WUZ KANGZ shitshow.

They could have won a guerrilla type insurgency if the Union were unwilling to use the methods the Nazis used in Europe against francs tireurs. The only reliable way to beat an insurgency is to take massive retribution against the local population for every attack, and before long the locals will turn in plotters. Democracies don't like to massacre innocents though, so I don't know if they would have had the spine. This would also have worked in Iraq, and if the goals of an occupation aren't important enough to excuse the retributive slaughter of a few towns then we shouldn't be there in the first place.

The 13 colonies had no right to secede from the UK either.
What is it, then?

U faggots. It's very simple - it's treason, if you fight and lose, if you win it's all good.

"Treason doth never prosper. What's the reason? Why if it prosper, none dare call it treason."

Had you lost your independence war, it would be called "treasonous rebellion" in today's history books, even if you'd won it some time later in another attempt.

So I guess the evil nazis were treasonous towards the League of Nations right?

What does this has to do with the price of apples?
I just gave an accurate description of the word "treason" in the contekst of a rebellion.

The south losing is the reason all niggers in America aren't currently living in Liberia.