Well, Civil War 2 still isn't finished, but everything set after it still has to come out...

Well, Civil War 2 still isn't finished, but everything set after it still has to come out. Marvel can't even run their fucking shitty events.

Now Dr. Doom is IRON MAN… for some fucking reason. Eitherway, it's happening, and the first issue of Infamous Iron Man is out. So let's hope about the Bendis train of disappointment together. Cause I sure as fuck ain't reading this alone.

We start with one of Bendis' pet characters trying to force exposition out of Doom.

I love that, in case you didn't get that Diablo was evil, he throws in some sexism. Why? So Bendis can signal how much he respects women.

lol I saved you, don't tell everyone you're such a total loser!

Some other character that I assume will be forgotten the moment Bendis isn't writing this stuff.

Bear in mind this "May I ask who's asking" for the next post… because it paints this character as a fucking moron.

… Is Civil War 2 selling well? Because they've been giving Bendis an awful lot lately.

See… fucking stupid.

So, no need to read CW2: spoiler TONY DIES. But he uploaded his brain again, so it's fine. They can kill him all day and it doesn't mean they can't use him to keep selling books, since he's one of the most popular characters.

I also wonder, if he's not going to be Dr. Doom, why he would want the new Iron Man armor to look as sinister as it does. Anyway, he's being watch… but by whom?

… his fucking mother. Who, I thought, was in the afterlife. Ya know, where she should have been safe from Bendis. Bendis already fucked with the canon of Tony's parents, now this. I assume he's going through some parent issues, either some crisis from being a father, or the loss of one of his own parents, and we all have to suffer through his breakdown with him. Because this is just not story thread I think anyone should fuck with.

And the next cover just shows him fighting Ben. I'm pretty sure Doom can take him, since he's gone head to head with him AND his buddies for decades. Oh, and no mention of Riri at all, so I guess this won't be a team up situation. You'd figure Bendis would jump at the chance to pair up a pet character with an established one he wants to ruin.

I assume Bendis just turns in scripts, and someone in editing says "I… I guess we gotta publish it…". CW2 is selling better than other Marvel books, but it's being destroyed by Rebirth titles. It's not doing much to boost the lame duck books it's specifically tied to pointlessly (I'm pretty sure the Patsy Walker with a Jessica Jones cover sold more than the CW2 tie in issue).

what the actual fuck did I read.
Also

Jesus fucking christ

The Dr. Strange movie is coming out, so it's super important they fuck up one of the best Doom AND Strange stories.

Doom is by far my favourite marvel character and it hurts so much to see (((Bendis))) to get his filthy fucking kike hands on him.

I have to think Bendis is resentful that the movie writers get to write things that people LIKE, and his "brilliance" is torn to shred in the comics. I mean, I still hold out hope that something will be worked out with Fox at least to get Dr. Doom in the MCU someday, and it really seems CW2 is built around ruining Carol before the movie creates the definitive version of her. I think he's angry the movies are dictating the content, and he wants to fuck stuff up in the comics so people remember he exists.

4 or 5 spideys, 3 caps, 2 hulks, and now 3 Iron Men… this is just getting worse and worse.

Funny, because the consensus seems to be that the only time the Hood was a worthwhile character/concept was when Brian Vaughn created and wrote him.

So apparently those rumored leaks from a little while back might actually have something to them? Interesting to know. I guess I can hope that the bit about all the other writers hating Bendis' guts is true, too.

Fucking Bendis

why does the Hood still have his Hood? I read an issue of The Hood's Illuminati a while back and Titania ripped up his hood and left him for the cops at the end of it while she ran off with Absorbing Man to continue their criminal life.

This was a long time ago. Notice how Loki has tits.

This first part is set before that, I assume.

And if you want to know the latest "controversy" going on, people are offended by J. Scott Campbell drawing a variant cover for Riri, because she has big teen tiddies on it. So it's another manufactured controversy, probably due to the comic journos wanting another stab at Campbell since they're still triggered by that old Mary Jane cover he did.

I guess I'll share the other version of the cover he did as well, for completeness sake.

Honestly, I think Marvel is lucky that Campbell is there to draw covers for them at all. Seems like the most any of the greats from the 80s and 90s want to do with Marvel is draw a cover from time to time. Shame to see that talent wasted on Bendis books though.

You know I always wondered how she fits that afro inside the helmet.

why does diablo sound like a good guy? bonus points that a villain had to come and kick his ass

why is doom doing this bullshit? I know "because he wants to" is a good enough reason for Doom but it seems out of character for him to stoop down from his usual position to take on the insignificant title of iron man.
why does that faggot think its okay to question Doom?
wtf even is the question? like I sincerely dont get it.

dont forget thor or ms marvel

ah good point. I should have recognized that.

It's Bendis' not so subtle means of asking "What is Dr. Doom's motivation". 4 pages to get around to proposing that question. A question that I assume Bendis has a "great" answer for by issue 5 or 6.

But, logically, Doom's motivation had a lot to do with feeling he knew what was best for the world, but feeling that Reed and others stood directly in his path. I didn't read Secret Wars or anything, so I don't know why he doesn't want to rule the world with fear anymore, for some reason he's trusting others to manage the world with only his occasional assistance. But the more interesting part should be: What does the man who can accomplish anything do when there are no more obstacles in his path? With Reed gone, Doom could pretty much do whatever he wanted if he went back to his old ways. Doubly so with his less frequent rival Tony out of the picture. But taking up the mantle of Iron Man? What does that even mean? Iron Man matters to US, since he's a huge draw in the movies and people like Tony. In universe though, Iron Man is inspirational but not like THE hero of heroes in the eyes of the world at large. He's not what Superman is to the world in DC. Hell, why not become another Captain America or Thor? Who cares, right?

I want to like this art, but it's so stiff and inexpressive. I'm also not a fan of Doom walking around and doing stuff in a business suit. I had no idea who he was until Diablo named him.

Nice Lament Configuration. And buttplug.

I don't get what Hood's trying to ask. Doom does what Doom does because he believes the world would be better off under him, which it would.

At this point without Richards around to screw everything up repeatedly Marvel should be in a utopia.

Wait a minute, this is a whole comic book? Nothing fucking happened! Three pointless conversations, two "fights," and it doesn't seem as if things are any further along than on page 1.
What the hell?

Bendis thinks about enough story for an issue, and stretches it over 6. Why do you think Civil War 2 is 8 issues long, even though barely anything happened in the first 5?

Brain downloading is basically cloning, the AI isn't the new Stark. Why didn't they have him get one of his magic friends to put his soul in a voodoo dole or something? Still a cheap move on marvels part.

Yeah, I really don't see why this AI can't just BE Iron Man. All I know from the stuff in the Civil War 2 tie ins before this is that Tony was just getting more and more depressed, and delusionally thinking Riri is "the future", and obviously downloading his brain because he could tell he'd probably be dead by the end of this. So, even if he wants to train Riri now, why would he send her out alone at all? AI Tony should suit up, and he had no reason to trust Doom last I checked.

The Tony Stark AI won't care, because Tony Stark doesn't believe in souls.

The new Stark AI will never be Hypervelocity Tony Stark A.I..
Tony 2.0 is BEST Tony.

Ha. Call me when they're bigger than her head.

This user knows what's what.

Again?

Honestly, this feels like a ridiculously contrived way to sustain interest in Iron Man, whose comics have languished in obscurity in spite of the MCU's success. For fuck's sake, Superior Iron Man wasn't even that long ago and that got derailed by Secret Wars.

Of course

Remember user if you piss off your fans by doing stupid shit they'll come flocking to buy your book!

That's the Marvel way!

I think that's the worst thing about how Marvel is doing shit: Everything gets derailed by everything. They can't even build a status quo that people like for any period of time, because they've already figured out how they want the next event to change it. It goes beyond even them just killing characters for sales, they just throw everything people could grow to like or explore out the window before it even has a chance to get off the ground. I was impressed by the CW2 tie in issues for A-Force: last issue was the LAST ISSUE. Ever. However CW2 ends, it apparently splits up the team. Why even form the team for 15 issues? Each event is more about what they're taking away instead of what they're adding to the universe.

how many tony stark brain uploads has marvel shat out over the years

I'm tired of trying to keep up with this shit. What's the reason this time?

HOW.

So did they actually kill Tony in Civil War 2 or did they intentionally reveal that he's going to die soon?

It's a shame, because hero impersonation/costumes as fashion/personas as fad is an interesting idea in perhaps a light deconstruction of superhero comics, but this is just brand management.

actually, that's true. Sadly Marvel really doesn't have the writers or self awareness to be able to pull that off.

The story possibilities are pretty vast, but Marvel is far to busy diversifying characters, rewriting old ones, and focusing on this "war?".

It's a flashback to the post-Secret Invasion/Dark Avengers days. Note the mention of Osborn and the presence of Namor, Emma Frost, and the Hood. At that point, I believe Loki was occupying Sif's body. She's better now.

It's probably accidental. I imagine that Infamous Iron Man was supposed to come out alongside the relevant CW2 issue, but it got hit with art delays. Now we're just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The fact that J Scott Campbell still does work for Marvel is amazing, because feminists hate sexy women more than anything and will flip their shit over every drawing of a sexy woman and shame said artist for drawing sexy women.

I remember when they flipped their shit over pic related, even though there was nothing sexual over said cover at all.

That was pure jealousy, they knew that Rocafort makes some of the hottest girls in comic books and got salty since it reminded them that they are failures.

Despite some of the questionable designs I like this artwork.

This is Superior Spiderman all over again. Just with Iron Man. Fucking hell.

Not to defend [current year] Marvel, but you level a serious charge. Superior comes from a kind of pernicious belief that a character would be better if they followed a "real-world" or pragmatic philosophy (which is generally unsuited to heroes). Infamous is motivated by a desperate need to make use of a marketable character without allowing Fox to make use of his stories. Hopefully, Doom's popularity will entitle him to careful treatment, but I won't hold my breath.

they flipped there lid over a QT beastboi?

What's worse is how hard it is to piece together everything. Like I'm pretty sure I haven't missed a single thread about this shit, but I have no idea what's going on. It's like there are several episodes of Lost that take place between issues.

Didn't they already do Superior Iron Man?

Yes, but the novelty wears off when you realize that nothing of consequence really happens in it. Secret Wars looming behind it didn't help.