Why did this fucking character exist

why did this fucking character exist

they wasted so much of the movie on this shit, no one cares about "general grievous"

they already had a separatist leader villain, his name was count dooku, not that he was interesting either but at least it was something, as opposed to general nothing

the "romance" between anakin and padme in ROTS is legit worse than AOTC, incredibly

the settings look even more fake, literally every shot has CGI, often for literally no reason, it was all greenscreen and it shows in the actors' performances

there's like 45 straight minutes in the middle of this movie of characters walking slowly down hallways dispensing boring expository dialogue, the sudden rift between the jedi and palpatine makes no sense, didn't george lucas ever hear the maxim "show, don't tell"?

the dialogue in episode 3 is so lame, obiwan's fighting grievous and literally says "OH I DON'T THINK SO" as a le epic comeback one liner

i liked the darth plagueis scene, even though christensen is more wooden than ever. palpatine is far and away the best character in this trilogy

anakin learns that palpatine is a sith lord and his eyebrows don't even move, mace windu is similarly unperturbed, the most important shit in the history of the galaxy is happening and these people aren't even jogging to their spaceships

i remember liking the scene where palpatine BTFOs sam jackson, but i think it's just because something was finally happening, i think that's a big reason why people rate ROTS more highly than TPM and AOTC, it's not a good sign though that the thing the audience likes the most is when a bunch of people die that we were supposed to care about this whole time

of course the lightsaber duel at the end is cool but it didn't need to last 87 hours

and obviously vader's NOOOO scene was cringey

Revenge of the Sith is definitely the worst star wars movie and the people who rate it higher than ROTJ (or even higher than ESB or ANH god forbid) are the definition of plebs

GRIEVOUS DID NOTHING WRONG
tbqh Greivous is my favorite Clone Wars villain design.

Well he lost a fight against a dude with one lightsaber in spite of a reach advantage and rotary wrists

The EU was always better. I like to pretend the movies don't exist.

Nice blog post faggot.

total faggot

B-but user, anything more than 2 paragraphs is hard for me to read.

Gee, i can't decide

George got bored with Dooku. He wanted a new cool cyborg villain and eventually his concept artists churned out a design he liked. That's what Grievous was. A cool design and the obligatory new villain.

The one thing that made him good was the Genndy Clone wars cartoon and the comic that showed his origin.

Mike plz..

MERCHANDISING

Doku was killed as a part of Anakin's descent to the dark side early on, Grevious was the face of the CIS forces and his death symbolised a victory over the droid armies. Star Wars has to be accessible so basically George had to show the CIS military leader and then the political leaders getting killed to set up the peacetime of ANH and tie up all strings.

Hello, Kike Cucklasa. How's you sexlife?

Nigger, are you a girl or a homosexual?

Christopher Lee was a very good actor. He had presence, and a commanding aura around him, not to mention his great voice. His Count oozed nobility and respectfulness, a true military commander type. And his sabre was more like a rapier, along with his short cape, he kinda came off as a Jedi of the 1600's. Isn't that interesting enough?
Yeah, that was shitty. We all know that Obi-Wan survives, but at least he should have suffered some heavy injuries
Mace Windu is basically an asshole, his only characteristic is that he denyies everything Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan or Anakin wants. Why do you care about him? I like Ki-Adi Mundi better, and he's basically an ornamental character…

Dude, Lightsabers, Lmao.

George Lucas butchered everything everyone loved about him.

leddit spacing

because Chris Lee was too old to film a bunch of action scenes.

Decent looking action figure tbqh.

His character would have been way more interesting if he wasn't a Sith Lord.

Same with Windu.

Every line he has could have and should been given to Yoda.

I always can't stand SLJ anymore and his $need$ to be in every genre movie.

This.

It's not easy to talk about shit that's empty inside

Are you really implying people cared more about the main characters than grevious ? By rule of cool he wins 10 times out of 10.

Grievous is used a lot in Clone Wars but really they should have just made new bad guys. It's heavily implied in ROTS it's the first time that Anakin and Obi Wan have met Grievous in person. With all the CGI hacks the one thing that should have really been done is inserting Grievous into the AOTC bad guy meeting.

It's interesting that all the villains in the prequels, Maul, Dooku and Grevious when put together make up Darth Vader. Poetry or hackery?

On paper Portman, McGregor and Hayden is a great trio. Wish they hadn't hurt that by introducing fanfic tier character Ahsoka in Clone Wars.

Exactly how is Maul part of all that?

Ruled by the emperor and a bit of foreshadowing of the Luke vs Vader-fight, where even if Maul was his apprentice he was an expendable asset just like Vader for the bigger picture. Which was that they found Anakin and the plan was set, just like how he wanted to turn Luke to the dark side.

Why else would he send Maul in against two Jedis?

Yeah there is really no substance in TFA as much as I hate the prequels they better (BY COMPARISON) than TFA and or Rogue One. Disney is a monster.

nope, its pure shit

That and Maul was a very physical fighter kind of like Anakin.

Are you typing something? All I'm seeing is tired bullshit.

Not really, it's his character arc. Dude is a badass until windu cripples him. I ain't going by that 3d shit, 2d grievous is canon.

pick one faggot

*sigh*

Guess the reason Count Dooku is a Count

EU is objectively reddit garbage
choose where you stand

Wew lad

Skippy the Jedi droid would like to have a word with you.

This. It's even worse than the movies.

You're thinking of the new canon user. EU is what is now known as legends. Legends was fucking badass.

Yogurt was right.