web.archive.org/web/20160801045522/http://8ch.net/co/res/631058.html

web.archive.org/web/20160921191516/http://8ch.net/co/res/669793.html

archive.is/67fQk

archive.is/BCVYq

archive.is/KvN6u

Mega
mega.nz/#F!jVlSRJqR!pVUuubDLj5Uugo9oFLFr5A

I finally updated it

So we have a new issue of superman and a couple other goodies so this week wont be a disappointment

Ill post issues when they come out and I read them but there is enough to get the thread rolling

Superman #9

Trinity #2

Batman #9

Nice to see Ivy in her original costume again.

That and Manpaul's art make it look really good

Well, it made sense that Storm might be alive..since in DC: The New Frontier, he was the only not shown being killed.

wait so is Batman forming his own version of the suicide squad? Also nice to see bane's outfit on the cover.

Yeah I'm liking his art.

Justice League #7

Death in comics only counts if it is explicitly shown about 10% of the time

For the greatest detective, he sure is a dumb ass for picking catwoman because its going to bite him in the ass

His art is really feels like a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of comics that are coming out now

Green Lanterns #9

Cyborg #3

So, based on the solicitations that came out recently for January, I think I know what that last page is all about. Or at least, some of what it's all about, anyway.

So those are all the comics up right now, I am going to go take a nap and post the rest later.

All the supermen team up sounds like it could either be really lame or really cool so good thing we have Tomsai and Gleason

This sounds really interesting though. More Jon the better.

You know I thought when he was talking to the person in the mask I thought it was the Joker. Since the scene reminded me a bit of the Killing Joke and the mask has that massive grin on it.

I thought he was talking to murmur at first, does anyone know where that mask is from?

Since when did she kill? I knew she was a thief but not a murderer.

I have no idea if it's still part of the continuity, but I'm pretty sure she killed Black Mask for torturing her sister and murdering her brother-in-law.

Red Hood is infiltrating Black Mask's shit right now so he's alive again. But she's never been a spree killer.

OK boys I am back will post soon

If this isn't about someone's edgy vampire mary sue from earth 0, it's automatically better than Spider-Verse.

Nightwing #7

Green Arrow #9

Harley Quinn #6

Raven #2

So thats all that is up right now, will post Aquaman and Cave Carson when its up

Aquaman #9

Cave Carson is still not up will post it when it is

God almighty, I love this series.

Wait, so does Ivy knows who they are or…

Killing him off to make way for his Maori move tie in replacement?

Supermna is the best capeshit comic in years

I would assume so or maybe she is targeting farmers lol

doubt it

To be fair the guy playing Aquaman is Hawaiian not Maori but I hope they don't kill good old blonde Aquaman off just to redesign him. I get that comics bend themselves over for the movies but I'm not happy with that practice.

Thats really overboard, if they wanted to redesign him they would have already

So, am I the only one thinking that the one problem with the Cyborg comic is the dialogue? People mostly either talk in exposition or ask stilted and artificial-sounding questions designed to provoke exposition.

Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye #1

So… Thoughts on Cave Carson, anons? I didn't think there was enough to get a full sense of where the story is going, but I liked what I've read so far.

It got my attention with Wild Dog

I want to see at least a issue or two more before I really pass judgement but it was pretty meh for me

I'm hoping it becomes some kind of Phillip K. Dick/Richard Shaver pulp madness story.

As long as it maintains a coherent story (if Cave is an unreliable narrator and everything is explained later, that would also satisfy me) it should be fine. I dislike how psychedelic some of the effects are. 1) It's too similar to Shade and 2) It is obvious he's hallucinating. I'd appreciate more deceptive stuff that causes you to question even the normal aspects of his perception.

Also pic 4: a rigorous paramilitary expedition force allows hoop earrings? Highly unlikely.

I really want to like Raven, but it feels like whoever is on dialogue is really dropping the ball. Raven drops too easily into modern speech patterns. Even if she's supposed to be more normal, it really clashes with the fish-out-of-water angle they are pushing.

I demand more of this Joan Jett (Clone Jett?) smooching hot ladies. My hope is that they use the fetish club as an excuse to put her in an orgy with a bunch of super-heroines.

Is anybody else rooting for this guy now? The way it reads, it looks like it was mistaken in choosing him, but isn't it more interesting if one of the other lanterns was the mistake? I want him to take the Phantom Ring and maybe it gets damaged in the struggle and he gets to live on as a B or C tier hero. Unfortunately, I get the feeling they're trying to give him "obsessive creeper" overtones, instead of the "hard working, self-made" vibe I'm seeing. I have more thoughts on this I might post later.

Is Young Animal just an outlet for this weird experimental stuff? Shade is the most obvious, but Doom Patrol is up there and Cave Carson has hints of it, which is further enhanced by the way they just drop you in the middle of what's going on.

Yes, experimental and somewhat canonical to the DCU. It's basically early Vertigo in everything but name since the actual Vertigo imprint has been retooled as DC's in-house creator-owned/IP mining imprint

Quick listing of the titles Rebirth-user will be putting up tomorrow:

There's also these titles that might be worth looking at. The Justice League Director's Cut contains a few extra pages where the rest of the league is debating letting Superdad join, and the WW 75th Anniversary book is apparently some big compilation of new stories and art put out by some of the various artists and writers who've worked on Wonder Woman over the years.

Ok boys next thread at 10 am est

Yes.
YES.
YE- wait, who?

So, no Adrian Chase but some faggot name Donny. He's avenging his girlfriend murder in LA.

Kind of like a mirror for the original series; Chase's family gets killed and decides to kill the fuck out of every bad guy.

Except he was a pussy and committed suicide when his identity was exposed.

Vigilante: Southland is a six-issue miniseries being written by a guy who's apparently known for writing crime stories. The main character's murdered girlfriend was an activist and she turned up dead when he blew off a date at one of her rallies and hang with some friends instead.

I've read a grand total of one interview with the author, and from what I've read, this is either going to be at least a decent story, or it's going to go all-in on peddling social justice-brand koolaid.

Either way, moving on to lighter news, check out what one of the writers on Superman drew recently and posted to his twitter account.

We're not even at #150 on post count, so I don't think we need a new thread yet.

It's fucking amazing.

sheeit misread the post number.

SUPERSONS NEXT WEEK

Jon's smug smile is something to behold

He's not even Greg Saunders..

Action Comics #966

Detective Comics #943

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Crops #7

Ok I got 6 more but I have to read 4 of them before I post, the rest will be posted as they go

Huh..isn't that weird. Nu52 Superman and Lois bites it just as Pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois comes in. It's like..the universe is slowly removing its mistakes.

And another Red/Blue? I thought New Superman is supposed to be the Superman Red to Superdad's Blue?

No Nusuperman is dead.

I mean Chinese Superman.

oh ok that makes sense

Wonder Woman #9

Deathstroke #5

Batgirl #4

The Hellblazer #3

Blue Beetle #2

You know..looking at this Rebirth business gave me one question. Where the hell is Booster Gold? You'd think this universal mess up might be up his alley..well, at least Pre-Flashpoint Booster.

I remeber hearing rumblings of him showing up in the Blue Beetle book and I really hope it is pre-flashpoint Booster as well and not the leaf fag.

Batman Beyond #1

And somewhere, Maxwell Lord had an itchy trigger finger.

So thats all the stuff up right now, so until they are up and I can post them make a post about something good or shit this week I dont care

That armor with the painting looks actually really cool!

Fuck you

Now that Superman and Wonder Woman aren't together anymore he'll materialize again.

Fuck you

Is that supposed to be a female Scarecrow at the end there?

No, SM/WW shipper. Fuck you.

SM/WW is so bad that it killed Booster Gold.

fucking lol I though you were joking holy shit

Jesus I thought that was a joke.

The inevitability of SM/WW, at list in a chronological view, makes that shit hilarious.

Ok guys Ill start posting soon but holy shit the ending to the flash

The Flash #9

Why? Why did he die?

Time stream non-sense I guess

Wonder Woman 75th Anniversary Special

Technically, Pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois were around for ten years before New 52 Superman and Lois died. I do have to wonder if Lois is still going to be commuting to work or if she's moving into New52 Lois' apartment, though. Maybe she'll show up as supporting cast in future issues of Superwoman?

Maybe Superwoman is the Red to Supergirl's Blue.

So, think we'll get Bart any time soon?

Not only is Jay coming back, but they also teased Jesse and Johnny in page three panel 3

The Flash family is almost complete again which I could not be happier about.

Ok so I am still waiting for the rest of the stuff to be uploaded.

Diana will never stop having the hots for Clark.

She said that Superman wasn't her boyfriend and when the girl said he was a cutie, she said that the girl should meet Aquaman.

Now's the time for fish-sticks, baby.

Geoff Johns said in an interview once that he only did SM/WW because he planned to end it badly in a future big event. I think it was supposed to be Trinity War. Either way the SM/WW relationship would pretty much spark a huge ugly war.

So that there was a hint that the SM/WW pairing was something awful that shouldn't happen and had to be stopped.

Wouldn't have been such a bad event actually.

Superman vs Wonder Woman and the heroes going to their respective sides.

Do you think Batman would go to Clark or Diana?

Superman, no question asked, specially because Johns was portraying Wonder Woman's a violent bitch out of control back then.

Can we nominate Jon as best smug of 2016 ?

Wasn't MOGO destroyed? Or is that one of many retcons?

I'll second that nomination.

No retcon, but they did have a story arc focused around MOGO's revival.

If they bring Bart..I want Max Mercury too. Always like the Bart/Max double act.

The rest of the comics are still not up which is sad, I will post them when they are, I have not forgotten

ok so I almost finished read the last of the new stuff so, posting will resume shortly

Titans #4

Teen Titans #1

Suicide Squad #5

Vigilante: Southland #1

Justice League #1 Director's Cut

Ok so thats all that this week had, Its been a good week and I cant wait till next week because Superboy/robin crossover

Khaji da better show up blue beetle
The living armor was part of the charm
And booster gold needs to show up too

Yeah, I think I can buy that. I wonder what the scheme was?

Yeah, there was some pretty good material that came out this week. Teen Titans #1 has me interested to read the rest of the series and Titans was good as usual. The conclusion to Lois' story in Action Comics was a bit fucked up, but so long as they're actually going to use Lois being back at the Planet to tell some interesting stories, I think I can handle it.

I actually found Kid Flash of Two Worlds to be a bit underwhelming, though that ending was another nice little bright spot.

The ending made the book, also yeah Lois taking other Lois' place is disconcerting

I'm liking this and Titans in general. Though I'm still surprised they go with Damien after he kidnapped them.

I was hoping she'd survive her seeming death in the first issue of Superwoman, since she and Lana had an interesting dynamic going on. Though, now that I think about it, this issue of Action Comics does also at least open up pre-Flashpoint Lois as a possible member of Lana's supporting cast, so maybe we'll get a similar dynamic between those two?

To be fair, they did start out fighting him as soon as Starfire broke them loose. Once they blew off a little steam with that, I figure it didn't take them long to realize that Damien is even more socially-maladjusted than Raven.

I'm trying to read the rebirth stuff, but can someone give me the lowdown on what universe mending bullshit happened this time around? And What's with Clark being "The New Superman"?

DC Universe: Rebirth is the starting point. In it, we find out that somebody else altered the timeline further after Barry tried to fix Flashpoint, reaching in and taking out ten years' worth of time in bits and pieces, here and there.

Everyone in the New52 timeline is thus the same person as before, just with an altered history due to the timeline changes. Everyone aside from the New52 Superman and Lois Lane. Before Rebirth, there was a miniseries released called Superman: Lois and Clark that revealed that the pre-Flashpoint Supes and Lois wound up immigrating to New52 Earth after Convergence, and now that all this timeline fuckery has been revealed, one of the big mysteries of Rebirth is figuring out just who or what the New52 versions were.

As for pre-Flashpoint Clark becoming the new Superman, one of the last things we got before Rebirth was the death of the New52 Superman, so now the pre-Flashpoint version is stepping up to carry on the fight.