>>>/rel/

>>>/rel/

Personal, spiritual religious experience is an efficient solvent for most mortal difficulties; it is an effective sorter, evaluator, and adjuster of all human problems. Religion does not remove or destroy human troubles, but it does dissolve, absorb, illuminate, and transcend them.

The mind of man can attain high levels of spiritual insight and corresponding spheres of divinity of values because it is not wholly material.

There is a spirit nucleus in the mind of man—the Adjuster of the divine presence.

Worship is a personal communion with that which is divinely real, with that which is the very source of reality.

In any universe contest between actual levels of reality, the personality of the higher level will ultimately triumph over the personality of the lower level.

This inevitable outcome of universe controversy is inherent in the fact that divinity of quality equals the degree of reality or actuality of any will creature.

Undiluted evil, complete error, willful sin, and unmitigated iniquity are inherently and automatically suicidal.

i'm afraid of spirits

Ghost fear was the fountainhead of all world religion; and for ages many tribes clung to the old belief in one class of ghosts. They taught that man had good luck when the ghost was pleased, bad luck when he was angered.

Religion represents man's adjustment to his illusions of the mystery of chance.

When men believed in ghosts only, religious ritual was more personal, less organized, but the recognition of higher spirits necessitated the employment of "higher spiritual methods" in dealing with them.

Man felt helpless indeed before the uncontrollable forces operating in terrestrial life, and his feeling of inferiority drove him to attempt to find some compensating adjustment, some technique for evening the odds in the one-sided struggle of man versus the cosmos.

Not familiar with The Urantia Revelation; but I'm a big fan of Eckhart.

"God is bound to act, to pour Himself into thee as soon as He shall find thee ready."

"God expects but one thing of you, & that is that you should come out of yourself in so far as you are a created being & let God be God in you."

There is a thread on /rel/ asking about Eckhart

"Therefore I give you still another thought, which is yet purer and more spiritual. In the Kingdom of Heaven all is in all, all is one, all is ours."

No kidding? I'll have to check it out. I went on there once and it was just like 5 Islam threads. I do like Jalal-uddin Rumi, but that still put a bad taste in my mouth.

>>>/rel/681

>>>/rel/212

Thanks, I was just looking! Actually looks like a pretty good board on closer inspection.

truthful trips of threes

Material mind is the arena in which human personalities live, are self-conscious, make decisions, choose God or forsake him, eternalize or destroy themselves.

Material evolution has provided you a life machine, your body; the Father himself has endowed you with the purest spirit reality known in the universe, your Thought Adjuster.

But into your hands, subject to your own decisions, has been given mind, and it is by mind that you live or die.

It is within this mind and with this mind that you make those moral decisions which enable you to achieve Adjusterlikeness, and that is Godlikeness.

Mortal mind is a temporary intellect system loaned to human beings for use during a material lifetime, and as they use this mind, they are either accepting or rejecting the potential of eternal existence.

Mind is about all you have of universe reality that is subject to your will, and the soul—the morontia self—will faithfully portray the harvest of the temporal decisions which the mortal self is making.

And it is not so much what mind comprehends as what mind desires to comprehend that insures survival; it is not so much what mind is like as what mind is striving to be like that constitutes spirit identification.

It is not so much that man is conscious of God as that man yearns for God that results in universe ascension.

What you are today is not so important as what you are becoming day by day and in eternity.

Mind is the cosmic instrument on which the human will can play the discords of destruction, or upon which this same human will can bring forth the exquisite melodies of God identification and consequent eternal survival.

The Adjuster bestowed upon man is, in the last analysis, impervious to evil and incapable of sin, but mortal mind can actually be twisted, distorted, and rendered evil and ugly by the sinful machinations of a perverse and self-seeking human will.

Likewise can this mind be made noble, beautiful, true, and good—actually great—in accordance with the spirit-illuminated will of a God-knowing human being.

The Adjusters manipulate but never dominate man's mind against his will; to the Adjusters the human will is supreme.

And they so regard and respect it while they strive to achieve the spiritual goals of thought adjustment and character transformation in the almost limitless arena of the evolving human intellect.

Mind is your ship, the Adjuster is your pilot, the human will is captain.

The master of the mortal vessel should have the wisdom to trust the divine pilot to guide the ascending soul into the morontia harbors of eternal survival.

Only by selfishness, slothfulness, and sinfulness can the will of man reject the guidance of such a loving pilot and eventually wreck the mortal career upon the evil shoals of rejected mercy and upon the rocks of embraced sin.

With your consent, this faithful pilot will safely carry you across the barriers of time and the handicaps of space to the very source of the divine mind and on beyond, even to the Paradise Father of Adjusters.

Faith in the survival of supreme values is the core of religion; genuine religious experience consists in the union of supreme values and cosmic meanings as a realization of universal reality.

Mind knows quantity, reality, meanings. But quality—values—is felt.

In so far as man's evolving morontia soul becomes permeated by truth, beauty, and goodness as the value-realization of God-consciousness, such a resultant being becomes indestructible.