Is there any indication any of the upcoming dceu movies are going to be good based on the directors' and writers'...

Is there any indication any of the upcoming dceu movies are going to be good based on the directors' and writers' credentials?

WW is looking iffy based on some insider's letter shitting on her former workplace mentioning WW film being terrible too.
Is it too much to ask for one decent film? Fuck I feel even sorry for the billion dollar conglomerate WB because of how much the dceu gets bullied and shit on.

There's gotta be some glimmer of hope.

Other urls found in this thread:

pajiba.com/think_pieces/an-open-letter-to-warner-bros-ceo-kevin-tsujihara-about-layoffs-zack-snyder-and-donuts.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Details, if you have them?

The Batman one might be good. Affleck is a *huge* Batman fanboy and he was willing to shut up and nut up for the Hack Snyder movie in turn for actually being allowed control over the Batman movie. And after the critical flop of DoJ, they gave him even more control to try and make it less shit.

That said, I'm hoping the WW movie will manage to be decent somehow. The theme they gave her was pretty awesome.

Actually, the biggest problem with the DCEU movies is the lack of Bill Cosby. Ghost Dad should join the Justice League.

pajiba.com/think_pieces/an-open-letter-to-warner-bros-ceo-kevin-tsujihara-about-layoffs-zack-snyder-and-donuts.php

This pretty much. With Affleck in control it might turn out to not be complete and total shit, guy seems to like the character, is a talented enough actor, and has pretty solid directing credentials right?

Here's hoping he can unfuck the character, at the very least.

Justice League looks like a bad knockoff of Avengers, but watchable, now that they're reigning Snyder's GRIMDARK BLOOD GUTS EVERYONE'S A MURDERER AAAAAGH DEPRESSSSSSIIIIIOOOON shit.

If I feel bad for anybody in this shit it's Henry Caville. I think the guy could make a great Superman if Snyder and co. didn't take a fat steaming shit on the character and ruin him in every conceivable way for their movies. I'm hoping he'll get a good solo film after all this shit.

Bringing him back from the dead in Justice League is a good excuse to have him magically change into a better character. Hopefully they'll make the most of it.

Wouldn't really fix the fact that the Kents are cunts and his actions in the previous films were like the most Un-Superman thing on the planet. But hey, I'll take a little bit of good Supes over no good Supes.

It also won't take a bullet out of Jimmy Olsen's face, but… yeah, we can hope they do the best with what is left.

Maybe they'll just retcon that? It was Bimmy Golsen, Jimmy's Cousin who was murdered.

I still feel sad for Henry Caville. If they gave him more time to develop as a character I think he could've been great.

You know in one hand, I would have dismissed that letter, since we don't know who is the person responsible for writing or how much they have seen of WW to say that because unlike Justbusters, which gave a great insight into the mess it was, the letter just say the movie is in trouble and that is it.

On the other hand, the movie director spent all time on Twitter denying the claim. That is usually a warning sign since claims with some validity is met with the strongest of denials.

I am hoping for the best, because I don't want to see DC going down the same route as Sony had.

Geoff Johns is co-writing everything now.

Your hopes are in vain.

Yes. Warner right now is completely staffed by spineless yes-men. Zack Snyder, Ben Affleck, Geoff Johns, they're all boot lickers. Nobody is coming at these films with any clear vision.

That was pre-FUCKING THE NANNY. Now he's unstable and desperate.

Up until Batman v Superman, which only came out a few months ago, they were still planning on making everything dark and edgy and gray.

These movies were fucked before they were ever written.

As you can see, nobody in this thread can give you a proper answer.

Why? Because it's an overrated piece of garbage and DC are the Kings of Hacks.

Pic related, an actual fucking company that invented/standardized a bunch of techniques that are norm nowadays.

It doesn't have to be good if it's famous. People will praise comics regardless. 75% of people who cum over the movies have probably never even seen them, or saw one only once.

Like LOTR is a masterpiece when it's just a whacky yet pretentious fantasy book.

Like the Beatles are great legends when musically speaking they're below One Direction.

They came out at the right time and the generation at the time idealized them.

And as decades passed, they got a reputation of being "revolutionary" while in fact they are artistically equivalent to modern day garbage.

"Contrarian" is just a term people use when they're being challenged on arguments that to them must be untouchable. It's a neologism that's as cancerous as it gets.

It's anti-intellectual by definition, because it negates any possibility of discussion without being ad hominem'd by the masses.

WW is iffy simply because of the director's general inexperience with action films (sounds familiar). Remember, the only other movie she's known for is a critically acclaimed movie about a female serial killer.

If by a miracle WW turns out to be watchable, it'll be because of factors outside of her control.

You didn't even fucking read this thread did you?

I wouldn't assume these movies will all suck if they hadn't made so many immediate decisions on all of them. They had already wanted to make the Green Lantern movie the start of a cinematic universe, and that one blew ass. So for some reason they decided to double down, and do it again but invest 10 times the amount and plan 20 movies in advance.

LOTR and the Beatles are revered because they took something that barely existed and developed it into something that bigger and more popular than it had ever been.

Your age is showing, user, and it's making you look retarded.

Maybe back in the day, but today it's all about replacing well known characters with a more "Diverse" group. You have good, likable characters like Spiderman that was replaced for who knows why. Shit, Peter Parker is still the only Spiderman people care about.

And the Marvel Movies are even worse. They reboot their series every couple of years. The upcoming spiderman, Gwen Stacy is black. Why you ask? Because who the fuck knows why. They don't replace black characters with white actors, all they ever do is remove more and more white characters and make the general public only familiar with the black character.

TL;DR Marvel sucks and is one of the leading elements in the charge to change America's demographics.

Marvel never reboots their universe. DC does constantly. Marvel just constantly makes new comic lines for no reason. But it does make it easier to separate good from bad.

Actually it's Mary Jane. Not Gwen.

To be fair, steadily replacing legacy characters and reshuffling teams at least once a year is pretty much the same thing as a reboot

user, no. You're arguing semantics here. It's not a reboot. Just retarded reworks and replacements.

Marvel's movies are shittier than DC's.

They're both shit in their own ways, user, but at least I can get a good laugh and a good fight out of the MCU ones.

Who the fuck decided that Cyborg belongs in the Justice League?
If they were desperate for a diversity hire, why not have a black actor play the Martian Manhunter? or have John Stewart be the Green Lantern on the league?

its because of the new 52 shit. Before they did Rebirth DC was shilling the New 52 hard in any DC media whether it be cartoons, movies or commercials.

You can't have John Stewart if you're going push Hal as THE Green Lantern.

I was always pro-Static myself, since he would be a nice audience surrogate to the League since we can't have Kyle Rayner.

Regardless, DC needed a nigger on the team and they picked the one that could contribute the least.

HEY! Cyborg can hack things! Hacking is still cool… right?

When he gets back he should throw a reality altering punch to unfuck this continuity.

An easy explanation for that would be CIA took Jimmy Olsen's name, and there's a real Jimmy Olsen, a goofy 17-25 year old who joins up to be a Daily Planet photographer.

So can Batman. A lot of what Cyborg can do Batman already does better.

It not just skills either. His personality adds nothing to the team. At least Green Arrow had his super liberal shtick. What does Cyborg have? "I'M A HORRIBLE TEENAGE MACHINE MAN"?

I prefer that they keep Cyborg to the Teen Titans.

Would you want her as frank miller's robin?