In Star Wars: The Last Jedi one of the new worlds is code named or possibly even called “Crait...

makingstarwars.net/2017/04/the-clash-on-star-wars-the-last-jedis-new-world/

Krayt

cray-crayt

Does anyone even care? I'm going to watch a cam copy so I can shitpost with you wonderful people, but we all know it's going to be awful.

Hey… her name is Rey!

over/under on Kylo getting his hand cut off?

Kyrat?

When are we going to admit that star wars was never good? Put your nostalgia aside and even the old ones are trash.

I will never get over how, even though the rebels won in the end of Star Wars, the new protagonists are the 'Resistance.' So fucking hilarious, leftist perpetual revolution.

So they're redoing the Hoth scene from empire strikes back but with lava aesthetic?

Fuck off, Hipster.

/tv I'M G.U.Y

It'll probably be his fapping hand.

Who is going to be Yoda? They seem to be remaking Empire, is it going to be the CG glasses alien from VII?

He's actually right. Aside from Empire this franchise it 5/10 trash.

True

Disney has no sense of creativity. They are doing a 1:1 reproduction of the OT.

The original are the best of the bunch but it was not like they were a work of art or anything just some fun fantasy space movies. The games books etc. that came after were sometimes better than the actual movies I think this is where Lucas Arts manged to hook people on the universe so thoroughly. Good movie good merchandise that was released afterwards. Also its not like there is an abundance of space fantasy/scifi films.
Then here comes Georgey-boy in the late 90's to destroy what was created with his "prequel" delusion and finally in his anger he turned starwars over to the mouse to be raped in a way so heinous it makes people think the prequels weren't so bad……
OT might not have been great cinema but it was a good time everything else is recycled trash attempting vainly to recapture the success of the original and failing due to a lack of creativity….. The nest step will be disney doing a full reboot of the OT ( you know they will eventually do it) with younger actors and SJW shit. Practically every Disney movie thus far has been a mini-reboot more or less anyway.

Isn't this just empire strikes back, but instead of Hoth it's this…..

Luke, obviously.

PT are solid but flawed adventure movies, elevated by the quality of the EU
What's the difference?

Idk wouldn't that be toxic masculinity to imply men can be wise?
Orange Yoda will probably be the new Yoda. or Ray will be Yoda or won't need no Yoda.

The difference is that PT can't stand by themselves without the OT + EU propping it up where as the OT is only enhanced by EU which is later shredded by PT and further by the mouse.

Are you sure the title isn't The First Order Strikes Back?!

Of course it was never good but some posters here like to ironically pretend the prequels are pure kino.
There are unironic disney shills and jennayfags too who actually watch them, but ignore those.

Only in their context, in the 80s and 90s the technology of star wars and the lightsabers were genuinely innovative, now in the 2000s and today the prequels are/were mediocre at best, so they needed a good story and setting to compensate, of course they failed but it's still a better story and better politics and setting than OT.

Pretty sure it need to be funny to be classed as irony. You are just pretending to be retarded.

What would be genuinely innovative today user (technology wise)?

So basically it's literally just the Hoth battle scene from ASB but with salt instead of snow.

I would like to see a war story with MetalStorm™ being used at its fullest.

stuff that we've never seen before, so I don't really know, especially since movies in the last 4-5 years have been shit anyway. michael bay does great explosions and giant robot fights and special effects, but he did explosions back in the 90s as well

I mean, luke piloting an agile spaceship inside the death star in the middle of a massive spaceship battle with lasers and explosions in outer space was genuinely innovative at that time.

So magic by another name?

They still haven't done one single thing to tell us what the hell "The Resistance" is and why they're still rebels despite the rebels having won against the empire already.

Practical effects. I thought Mad Max: Fury Road did a fucking incredible job marrying practical effects with CGI and I was genuinely impressed with the technology as well as the final visual effect.

That sounds so fucking stupid but I understand where they are going. They're trying to mirror how kids used to fight cops on horseback during riots by trowing marble balls under the horses and making them fall.

Titanic already did that.

There is literally nothing that is incapable of being duplicated wth CGI.

Animation. You can make photorealistic stuff in stills, but the moment you move it it looks really off. That why human CGI characters on recent movies like Rogue One and Ghost In The Shell look really uncanny while being sculpted to the last nose pore.
Also practical effects. With new development on small engine, materials and hydraulics you can pull amazing stuff that you weren't able to do in the 80s.

Is there anyone skilled with 3D animation enough to do that?

Never seen any CGI that shows the kind of level of detail in destruction that metalstorm does, its way beyond Transformers.

I can't believe I forgot that, Luke will be Yoda.

Holy shit, I thought they were at least going to be a little more original this time around. Watch starwarsfags defend this shit. Who is whilling to bet that this New Hoth Scene™ is going to be shittier than the various parodies of the original.

This. Summed it up perfectly.

disney star wars effectively started off as a reboot, but they realized there was already too much shit and most likely fans would tell them to eat dicks, so instead they changed a few names in the ot and called it the sequel trilogy.

i wish i wasn't serious.

what i don't get is most of the community seemed to agree that selling to disney was a bad move and that they would oversaturate. they've now done exactly just that and instead the community eats it up and wants more.

what the fuck man?

The PT stand on its own tbh but you need the OT for the pottery.

Will ESB 2.0 have another deathstar?

I think you mean