Why would people work in a communist society?

Why would people work in a communist society?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc
youtube.com/watch?v=WmgHAT7IdDQ
youtu.be/Ie5zO-mF31M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc
youtube.com/watch?v=WmgHAT7IdDQ

To get things done.

They wouldn't. That's the point. They'd leisure instead.

because yo mama's big fat booty ain't cheap

OP you just shattered my world view.

Communism can't work cause humans are lazy slobs and without the profit incentive nothing would get done.

Thank you for opening my eyes.

Fuck communism! Fuck anarchism! I will be a millionaire!

Labour can be pleasurable. Think about gardening or cooking. It's an achievement thing for one's self.

Why do you assume people need an incentive? Isn't that an after-the-fact determination?

Because it is socially necessary.

No you won't, and not because of some conspiracy against you, but because you would rather post on an anonymous image board than to work hard in order to become a millionaire.

Define "communist society"

Nice meme

Work under communism would be much different from work under capitalism. Firstly, people would simply work a lot less.Instead of capitalists extracting the most labor from each worker as possible, work would be divided among each individual in accordance with how much work needs to be done. Secondly, work would be a much different experience. Working under a boss is much different from working among your comrades as a friend and equal. Building communities together would simply be a part of how one situates themselves into the community that they are an integral part of. Work under capitalism is isolation, degradation, and exhaustion. Work under communism would be a a way to connect with and become situated in the social web that the individual finds themselves in.

youtu.be/Ie5zO-mF31M

You are right that not all who work hard become millionaires, but if you don't work then you will never become one. Even if you win the lottery or have a rich family that does not mean that you will know how to use that money well.

You can hire people who will handle your money.

too bad money is meaningless and I'd rather work hard fighting for the benefit of all, not just myself

Good for you, but the user I originally replied to said how HE wanted to become a millionaire.

In capitalism you work to avoid the stick.
In communism you work to get the carrot.

As technology advances :

-The threshold for the stick gets lower.
-The threshold for the carrot gets lower.

sure

This is why I asked what you meant by "communism"

The rich literally pay people to handle their money for them.

Ever heard of something called a "trust fund"?

spot on