Rock music isn't from the nigger

Your favorite rock songs aren't from some nigger lineage. They aren't from the blues. Chuck Berry is the source of modern rock music. A lead electric guitarist fronting a band. His main influence was white country music, and he was shamed for it.

Ledbelly and other niggers made a career off of european folk songs. These are the true roots of the 60s "blues" revival. The entire thing is a kike lie, and I wouldn't be surprised if buddy holly plane crash and jerry lewis shit was kikery. Even what happened to little richard.

Let's move on to the 60s and 70s. Grand Funk Railroad set records. They outsold the Beatles at one point. They were kiked and broken. Badfinger was signed to Apple records. The Beatles signed them, and ruined them. Suicides, etc.

There probably aren't many musicians here. Share your stories and what you've learned.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/k8tIK
youtube.com/watch?v=UuY6NROhCQw
willieruff.com/linesinging.html
symposium-magazine.com/gospels-many-ancestors-chuck-mccutcheon/
nicholaspayton.wordpress.com/2012/08/02/on-the-european-influence-in-black-american-music/
unz.org/Pub/AmMercury-1932jun-00243
archive.adl.org/extremism/bands/bands_alph.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Ruff
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprechgesang
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2exkW8XHtY
youtu.be/qEwnHf9Q23k?t=26m56s
youtube.com/watch?v=SSulycqZH-U
youtu.be/4WhPUqpaRp4?t=4s
youtu.be/dFDx-L7PcrY?t=6s\
youtube.com/watch?v=amhatB_ftoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=o7Gzy1hGDg0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Great example pf a european folk song.

I think this is important, so I'll bump.

I know some of you have seen other kikery.

I'll add the story of creedence clearwater revivsl. John Fogerty couldn't sing his own songs for years, because of the kike.

Only non-degenerate and non-nigger music I can think of are military marches.

That's the point. The entire thing is inspired by white country and white folk music.

Did this come from the nigger? Turn it up.

Bump.

Rock against racism bullshit.

archive.is/k8tIK

Hendrix worshipping white men. Not out of weakness, out of respect and admiration.

Our greatest achievements have been taken from us. These are pinnacles of white music in the 20th century.

The Wreck of old 97
recorded in 1927

Now compare this to what (((they))) call the first Rock Song
youtube.com/watch?v=UuY6NROhCQw

No he's not. Rock music began with the electric guitar. So what you hear is old hillbilly music with electric sound

recorded in 1929

So Les Pauls nigger jazz is rock music and has any folkish perspective? I know my mixolydians from my dorians kike, nice try.

This music is degenerate.

Les Paul is not a nigger

He plays nigger jazz. I own 2 les pauls. Fine instruments. Doesn't change the fact that he plays nigger jazz.

No he plays hillbilly blues. Les Paul was influenced by this Belgium supposedly "Jazz" musician guy also. Tell me this isn't Rock n Roll

The story about rock’n’roll being pure nigger music is actually pretty blue pilled. Pentatonics, the ‚‘Blues scale’’, was adapted from Irish, English and Scottish settlers, acoustic guitars and mouth organs came from Europeans, too, as did Christian church songs. The unpopular truth is Blues and folk music (known as „Old Time Music“ nowadays) co-existed since early on and constantly drew influences from each other. There is no real reason for whites to reject rock music in general, as insisting on rock music’s „blackness“ is something Jewish journalists and SJW do to undermine white people’s identity.

Check out the documentary about Muscle Shoals, a music studio whose production team and in house musicians (whites and negros) gave birth to both Country and Soul classics.

SOUTHERN MAN DONT NEED HIM AROUND, ANYHOW

At least someone sees the truth. I'd argue further than you for our folkish country cause. I'll take what I can get though. This is our culture.

Skynyrd lost me with their gun-grabbing song (so well as dissing George Wallace).

Django inspired Tony Iommi to invent the truest white genre. This isn't nigger jazz.

They got me with their anti drug message. No degeneracy. They were against dope and heroin, against violence on white brothers. They were gokd men.

They have a single titled gimme back my bullets. Cmon.

ok

Wiki Jew defintion (after they claim niggers invented it)

So like I said: Rock n Roll "suddenly" appears when the electric guitar appears.

ACDC actually sings "let there be rock" about the history of rock. They say "the black man had the blues". But of course we know blues is just more white music that blacks take credit for. Hart A. Wand was the first blue musician and a white man 1912

More articles/links or avenues to do follow up research please.

Is blues music also white? What cross-pollination exactly took place? For example, call-and-response is from nigger church, isn't it?

Fuck off Eurofag puritan

White man had the smarts. Haha they'd never get away with that now. Great song.

I just told you

That smell, needle and the spoon, gimmi three stelps. Multiple songs against drugs and degeneracy.

This is why I made the thread. So many lies.

He called it Heavy Metal because he was working in a metal factory and had his thumb cut off. So he put a metal tip on his fingers and it changed the sound of playing…

Sorry, put it on his thumb

Thumb didnt get lost. His pointer and middle tips were cut off. He was inspired by djangos disability. Made his own prosthetics. Invented a genre and is our beethoven. Heil.

Started the post before yours came through. I'm going to need more concrete evidence, for example, a study explicitly tracing the evolution of the relevant scales. I'd search google scholar myself but I'm not familiar with that kind of technical understanding of music genre.

You don't need all that. Blues, the word actually comes from drinking alcohol, not a sad nigger. That is the first blues album

kill yourself

We can get into pentatonics and the theory. I'd rather not though, because it alienates people and won't achieve anything.

Same thing with chord progressions.

Back on topic. Let's talk about the jew kusic industry. I've done my part showing various examples. Anyone else have knowledge to shsre?

Wow. The whiskey got me. Please excuse my text.

I dont smoke weed cry baby Jew worshiper.

Bump. We need to talk about this. This is our culture as aryans.

The prime example. They fought irl for the cause.

Bump. I won't let this thread die. The arts are so crucial. If we lef them go, we abandon the most beautiful creations of white men.ï

Some reads:
willieruff.com/linesinging.html

symposium-magazine.com/gospels-many-ancestors-chuck-mccutcheon/

nicholaspayton.wordpress.com/2012/08/02/on-the-european-influence-in-black-american-music/

George Pullen Jackson - The Genesis of the Negro-Spiritual

unz.org/Pub/AmMercury-1932jun-00243

A book that touches upon this topic:

Peter Van Der Merwe - Origins of the Popular Style

Some compilations to check out:

„Mountain Gospel“

"White Country Blues (1926-1938 A Lighter Shade Of Blue Of Blue“

"Mountain Blues: Blues Ballads & String Bands"

"Mister Charlie's Blues (1926-1938)"

/mu/sician here. i see these threads occasionally but never thought anything of them. it seems people are concerned that the rock they love is claimed by black culture or something, is that the problem?

trying to be brief here: the distorted electric guitar, as a musical element, was discovered by several different people independently as a result of overdriving amps. this was inevitable as it was a simple consequence of how they're made – or the fact that they werent built well and would break easily, offering new timbres. history will cite a few of the better-known musicians who used this early, but it's a guarantee that plenty of other people discovered it and were using it sooner, just not to large audiences. after all, the reason it sounds good is because of the even-order and odd-order harmonics that are generated by the distortion; it simply sounds good to human ears, regardless of cultural trends.

this and much more was anticipated in Luigi Russolo's manifesto, The Art of Noises (1913), and he did his best to realize what it would sound like with the (non-)technology of the age.

which leads to the next point: a genre is really defined by what motifs it contains, and this so often is nothing more than a result of people using what they have available to them. maybe always? (hiphop really took off due to the availability of samplers, for example, because that was all people had or could figure out how to use.) literally any motif in any genre, however "defining", was done earlier by a thousand other people. any that was NOT only wasnt because the means were not technologically available, and even then, you can bet it was imagined, attempted, or simulated in some way or another, even if that meant playing a lute inside a cave, or playing along to a bird's song as if it were a rhythmic element.

furthermore, rock's trio or four-piece format – bass (usually bass guitar), vocalist, drummer, guitarist – is just a simplification of the orchestra: bass frequencies to fill out the low end, drums for the rhythm and highend treble, guitarist and vocalist for the midrange. again, this is what was available, this is the best that people could do, so they took what they had and added some personalization or creativity to get something desirable so that it didnt simply sound like a second-rate orchestra.

sorry if im explaining things that everybody knows, and i dont know what the fear is about rock and niggerization or whatever, but feel free to fill me in. im guessing people out there try to claim that rock was invented by blacks and stolen by whites in a we-wuz-kangz approach? doesnt even make sense logically, so just tell them that all music is aleatory anyway, there arent that many different possible combinations of elements, and only the lyrics provide enough room for true individuality.

or just tell them that rappers stole from classical poets.

so what you're trying to say is that musicality is independent of the times?

Scottish folk legend Hamish Imlach performing an English traditional…how does this not rock?

Great post but I question your experience. Cranking the tubes on a 100 watt amp might as well be an entire different instrument. And that's what we're talking about. Not bedroom level solid state bullshit.

FWIW I've always found the transition from metal to blues to metal in this track to be amusing.

Irish folk or blues, where do you draw the line? Neofolk and Martian Industrial larpers btfo

A lot of musicianfags in this thread. What have you been working on? I've been focusing on bending diads and triads. The bends. I don't use a lot of gain. Roll the tone knob back. Get a nice warm sound.

Bump. Trying to work more dorian and lydian into my improvisation. Anyone else actively working on these things?

Of course the song was called the Cuck, at this point of course it was. Bernstein universe never existed anymore and we are caught as actors in a circular serpent endless eating it's own tale.

Rock in general is pretty shit. Promotes the same degeneracy we see in rap or pop.

the realization that ancestors have been enjoying rock for centuries. With nods in movies like 'A Knights Tale' actually being closer to music stylings.

Kill yourself

Face it, white people will always love rock music. You're in an uphill battle if you try to enforce hipster level elitism and complain about drumbeats as africatier.
Own that shit and win.

We will always love it because it is an extention of european folk music. That's whh I made this thread. To expose the kike lie that we have to thank niggers for this. They should thank us.

Yeah I agree, I thought you were being a facetious cunt.

Please OP….

That sounds like a lazy youtube cover. Actually feel lazier having just listened to it. Can barely be bothered to play a single note every other second.

… explain this then.

Led Zeppelin is one of the most influential bands in the history of rock music. And Zeppelin I was filled with blues covers or heavily blues influenced songs.

list of right wing bands

archive.adl.org/extremism/bands/bands_alph.html

Sounds boring until a bunch of white boys jacked it's sound and made it interesting.

Beat me to it user. So much better, by white men of course.

Memphis Minnie - a negro

Oh look Led Zeppelin literally covering a negro song.

I'm sure this is just pure coincidence and that Led Zeppelin just came up with that sound from "European Folk Music"

Implying these aren't folk songs niggers stole in the first place.

Doesn't change the fact that examples like this can be seen over and over again throughout the history of music.

Black influence is huge in music. Blacks have a leaning towards degeneracy that people love. It's like a forbidden fruit. Whites copy the styles to play catch-up and sell records. End of story.

I don't know why it's so painful for OP to admit this. It doesn't make white people any less of anything. It's just what it is.

We still built empires. Nogs are just better at running, jumping and tribal music. Nothing to get butthurt about and start some shit thread based on bullshit delusions of where our music comes from.

Then find me the original folk tracks these niggers stole their sound from then? Oh wait, you can't. Because they don't exist.

As much as I love rock music, whether or not it came from niggers isn't the point, for that matter it was a combination of blues (niggers complaining with a guitar and a harmonica,) and country (white people talking about their porches.) Rock music preaches hedonism, sex, drugs, anti-war bullshit, breaking with tradition, hippie bullshit and so on. Classic rock is still better than fucking rap or dubstep, but it's still anti-temperance. That said, a glass of whiskey and Led Zeppelin IV is a damn good combination. Metal is almost entirely white though, viking-tier race war music.

long live southern metal

WE

user, country music was heavily influenced by African music. In truth southern country music is a mixture of Celtic, Germanic, and African musical styles and instruments. For example, the common juxtaposition of a banjo with a fiddle. Banjos are straight African instruments while fiddles are European, especially Germanic. The singing style of old folk music is heavily influenced by African slave music

I'm a musician as well, used to post on /mu/ back on half chan for a while.

Do any of y'all listen to any neofolk bands like :Of The Wand and Moon, Robert Boyd, Death in June, etc.

Personally, my tastes are all over the damn place and music is one of the few areas where I don't maintain my usual Holla Forums attitude unless it's some seriously pozzed propaganda pieces.

That said, I have a soft spot in my heart for that kike Lou Reed. Dude was fucked up, but he made some damn good music I'd say.

"Heavy metal" came from a line in Steppenwolf's Born to be Wild (heavy metal thunder) which itself was taken from William S Burroughs.

Rock music is degenerate shit so I don't give a shit who created it.

blues is just niggers' attempt at stealing southern white music, the only genre that niggers don't steal is bluegrass for some reason

No it's euro folk music, hundreds of years of it, being brought to US by celts and ripped off by niggers. Ledbelly is clearly guilty of this.

If you want to buy into the kike illusion, that's on you.

One of many songs talking about the degeneracy of opiate abuse. Keep believing your kike lies.

Look at any all white sport like hockey. They're going to listen to the same rock songs every single time. It also goes well to classical music. Music is often enjoyed at the subconscious level, with minorities physically pained by classical. So in effect, you're not going to change your instinctual directives. Europeans will always like these forms of music.
Popstars are promoting ghost writers songs under their image, for the sole purpose of us valuing their contribution. It's PR with a visible effect. How many times do you hear "Well other cultures bring good music and food". China doesn't even deep fry anything, yet "Chinese food" will be all deep fried chicken.

rock comes from honky tonk

Its not European folk music you faggot. Its American folk music and it is in fact influenced by blacks

Worst genre ever

Rock and roll music is an evolution of blues, which is an evolution of Pentecostal gospel music, which was created by American whites in the 19th century.
Just as rap has is origins in flyting, which is a centuries-old Scottish tradition of insulting one another, in rhyme, to a rhythm.
Niggers, as usual, didn't invent shit, but they are always first to try and claim credit.

The classical meme is so untrue. The working man didn't listen to mozart or beethoven. He jammed at the barber on a lute or guitar to folk songs like molly malone and gallows pole. The lyric, that's the modern trend of music.

They could sing about preserving the nuclear family for all I care about, it's still a clear degeneration of music. Rhythmic 4/4 garbage with no purpose or higher beauty. Music since at least 1950 has been (((purposely))) simplified little by little. Yes, your beloved kike rock bands have been part of it (unknowingly). Now we're near the endpoint where popular music is niggers talking over 4 different low bassnotes.

american folk music was created by scots-irish immigrants, no amount of mental gymnastics will get you to deny that tyrone

You're wrong. Go argue with Chuck Berry faggot.

The blacks main contribution was dumbing down the guitar, "blues" was mostly open tunings using slides which meant they didn't need to use more than 1 finger on the left hand while strumming with the right. Compare that to bluegrass where you have banjo players picking several notes per second and guitar players using a variety of chord changes. They'll always claim that "jazz" is so much more advanced too, even though it's entire point is you can just wing it and that mistakes don't matter.

Splendid counter-argument, my friend. Do you have any more insightful things to say?

Yes. I didn't want to shit on you, but you asked for it. Chuck Berry set the mold for modern lead guitar. Jerry Lewis, Little Richard, Fats, they all played piano. You don't think of a piano when you think of rock. He has said multiple times country was his influence. He was lambasted as an uncle tom for it, by Ike Turner and others.

Try harder faggot. This is reality.

Are you even from the South? Where are you from

The working man didn't have time for good taste.

Country music is definitely scotch-irish and english.

t. Southerner

How can you have "taste" when you'd be lucky to see one symphony or quartet in your entire life.

I already said that. American folk music is a mixture of Celtic, Germanic, and African folk music. Its pretty fucking stupid to deny that when one of the most famous and distinguishing instruments is African

It's true and you know it. Aristocrats have more time on their hands, and so were able to create music that was much more beautiful and nuanced than geetar-pickin' 4-chord 5-minute tunes.

The guitar isn't nigger. You can make the islam argument, but the nigger argument was btfo years ago.

WE WUZ BANJO-MAKERS N' SHEEEIIT

Christ, I don't know what shit taste you have, but the early 70's proved that Germany and England could at least produce excellently composed rock music that differentiated itself from the mass-appeal garbage of the 50's-60's

east tennesee, appalachia, where a majority of whites have scots-irish origin

The banjo is defintiely African.

That is something Africans actually wuz. You won't find any banjos in Ireland or Scotland

This is a reverse WE WUZ

Wow your exception to the trend really got me BTFO!!!

Kraut-rock and psychedelic music exasperated a very limited genre. It was kraut-rock that gave birth to electronic music after all

Kike lies. Dream on faggot. Your nigger lies can't deny modern intonation. Who did that? Hm? What is any instrument without intonation? Nothing. No nigger thought of that. It was Bach.

WE

Of course, fam. Niggers are always taking credit for things they didn't invent

WUZ

yeah of course it's totally a nigger invention, southerners totally didn't play songs by their celtic ancestors

We're talking about a single instrument.

Do you actually think Africans didn't have instruments? Pic related is a West African kora. Notice the similar design. The banjo is a simplified version

Low and high arts develop in tandem, high culture often taking inspiration from low. The process usually follows invention in the low, refinement in the high. Folk music held an honor and respect of its own. The difference today is high culture was conflated with low, while low culture was turned into astroturfed commercial garbage. Both were dragged down and it was very clearly the conscious result of kikery.

All of wesfern music is based on the aryan invention of intonation. That's why we have orchestrated music. You can claim nigger all you want but reality begs to differ.

Love me some Skynyrd but Evola was right in Ride the Tiger and so is

Music of today and even the last couple hundred years bears the kind of self-absorbed sentimentality that is antithetical to transcendence, fam. I can't stop listening to all modern music- I've lived my whole life with it and a lot of it sounds really, really good. But that doesn't mean it isn't degenerate.

Classical is better, but still not perfect. At least military marches embody the ethos and pathos of heroic war, though Evola would call even them unbearably romanticized.

if you like skynyrd you will like black oak of arkansas

I feel you. I love classical, I love old folk. We are so lucky to be in an age where we can even hear it. We can't be lazy and let the kikes continue to make it a cash grab.

I love your spirit, but anything marketed at large swaths of multicultural goys will inevitably become shit. I'm also not sure what you're being contrarian at

Wowee! Let me limit my vision by being an acoustic purist and collecting absurd amounts of musicians and instruments when I could make drastically more appropriate sounds in a more efficient manner

that's just some puritan faggot, ignore him

What did Evola approve? Folk music?

What's a good introduction to old european folk? Are there any notable labels or orchestra's providing a selection?

Praise KEK!

lol, I never said it was the devil, I love electronic music even though I fear it might limit an musicians creativity if he pigeon holes himself into solely making 'electronic music.' Also large amounts of it are fucking awful, dubstep is a great example.

Alan Lomax compilations or Rough guide to European folk compilations

tavistock group
neuro-linguistic programing
Yuri Bezemov

>>>/x/

you might be on to something, but without substantiation you can't expect anyone to raise their eyebrows at those words

According to Willie Ruff, accomplished jazz musician and Yale academic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Ruff
call and response has its' roots in the lining out done by gaelic speaking Scottish presbyterian choirs. Not to say that it wasn't developed and so on but there you go.

According to Lemmy (from the 2010 docu) rock and roll was started by Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis.

Does the JIDF pay good Mordecai ?

This doesn't even make sense anymore

Not sure how this is politics related tbqh fam but anything that reminds me of my love for Led Zep is okay in my books

this is a great thread thank you for this quality

Trace it back far enough & you get to Celtic folk music brought to the America's by the Scotch-Irish.
That is the source of rock, including the beats & the tunes & the ballads.

Rap is nigger "music" & it really isn't music at all, it's cadence.

/mu/ would cringe hard at all the shit taste in this thread

It's actually "White man had the (((schmaltz)))".
I'm sorry fam

a lot of delusional autists congregate on chans.

Top kek this is autistic
Maybe the most mainstream shit has been getting simpler like 80s pop and everything after that, but 90% of the stuff after 1950 is more innovative and unique compared to everything before then because most songs back then were written to be simple and catchy, instead of having all the people making unique and different music and experimenting throughout the 60s, 70s, 80s, and so on.

Innovation isn't necessarily a good thing. 9/10th of experimental music is awful, but the 1/10th of it that's good makes it seem worth it. Innovation is destructive as it is creative. People shouldn't stop trying to innovate but music since the early 1900s has pretty much remain unchanged, until the late '70s with the beginning of electronic music, which is itself an extremely limited genre. Rock, country and the blue are all extremely simple compared to an orchestra. It sounds nice for about 5 minutes but then it just gets boring. The Ex-models are a unique band, but I'll be damned if I listen to that shit for more than a minute.

True, but the innovation that did come was infinitely better than whatever innovation they came up with in the 50s.
Your autism is showing, music evolved a ton from 1900s to 1950s with Jazz and funk, singing ability, improved guitar technique, etc. Everything exploded in the 60s music-wise and there were hundreds of new subgenres created, even the mainstream stuff was probably the most unique stuff in existence at the time. You cannot tell me that King Crimson is the same as anything from before 1960, nor can you say that with Black Sabbath, David Bowie, etc.

You clearly don't know anything about the subgenres and many variations of rock, like prog rock for example which is extremely complex and was different from most everything before it.

Electronic music was not the only thing made in the late 70s and 80s, it was probably the weakest of all the great new genres like thrash metal, black metal, and heavy metal.

Actually I can. It's still 4/4 timed, with a bass guitar, a rhythm guitar, drums and vocalist with a chorus and designated guitar riffs. If you take a step back from recent history and look at western civilization as a whole, it does in fact sound unchanged.

Another genre that mostly sounds like shit, for all it's 'complexity' as you call it.

Musicians are shifting more and more towards integrating or solely making electronic. I hate to see it but that's whats happening. There's only so much you can do with an electric guitar or a synth board. Orchestral music has it's limitations as well. Humans make due with what they have to express their desires. Bowie is shit btw.

Clearly nigger music

The musical specifics like that don't matter when it sounds completely different, that's like saying movie making and video making haven't changed until recently because of the new 4k video quality.

Says the guy who thinks electronic music is good. Go back to your normalfag dudeweed degenerate parties.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if you said Metal Machine Music was your favorite album because of how it pioneered noisecore.

Germany invented rapping.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprechgesang

youtube.com/watch?v=Y2exkW8XHtY

This statement doesn't even make sense. Everything I just pointed out is why it sounds the same and not different.

It's more like saying that movies are still about 2 hours long, with a main hero, a main villain, a moral lesson, a montage, with the plot being explained in the first 30 minutes, and the last 20 minutes climaxing with a makeout session while zooming out to show a sunset.

You can find the bright side of just about anything if you look hard enough, but with somethings it's harder than others, like finding good rock music is much easier than finding a good dubstep song, the latter is possible but much more difficult. Also Lou Reed sucks as well.

Well, no. I play guitar

Definitely not the first Rock song, as Charlie Patton was a Delta Blues artist.

Fucking love Charlie Patton though, his rendition of Oh Death is chilling

Enjoying Charlie Patton makes me a redditor? Are you mad?

You called David Bowie shit, therefore you're unable to form a cohesive thought.

Led Zepplin is a glorified cover band. Their entire first album, minus 2 songs, was stolen. A good amount of their 2nd album was stolen. Stairway had parts that where stolen.

Funny how liberals make hwhite people praise the blues, but hwhite people never get credit for inventing equal temperament, the saxophone (fairly recent invention), the piano (complete with double escapement in the keys) and all of the other things that jazz/ the blues depends on.

>Talks about the majesty of African music youtu.be/qEwnHf9Q23k?t=26m56s .
>Pushes a radio off of a table. youtube.com/watch?v=SSulycqZH-U
>Found a composer who tickled my autism. youtu.be/4WhPUqpaRp4?t=4s
youtu.be/dFDx-L7PcrY?t=6s\

I'm not begging for a return to counterpoint, I'm just saying that if you were to put J.S. Bach and John Cage in a room, and asked them to write a piece of music in the OTHER composer's style, Bach could write Cage, but Cage couldn't Write Bach. One is using a style that is meant to appeal, the other doesn't give a shit.

The only reason why music sounds good in the first place is because humans have selected for it to sound good. The humans that liked the sound of music would hang out with the tribe, the humans that didn't like it would ostracize themselves from the tribe, and the humans that liked music so much that they wanted to fuck to it, had more babies. Now turn to the most popular music today, what do we see? Do we see music being driven by sex and the need to socialize, or by personal preferences and philosophies?

This is why christians and cuckservatives are wrong when they say "music is corrupting the youth": It's not making good people into degenerates, it's appealing to their base instinct to be degenerates. Are we really surprised that black people would spontaneously create music focused on sex and committing crimes? They could have popularized ANYTHING, but of course they go and do that.

It's a common theme.

Fuck I didn't embed.

Glorious and Virtuosic African Music
(The comments section is ridiculous)

Postmodernist misunderstanding the word "music".

Music that is arguably more complex and enjoyable than the last two examples

Absolutely.

Yes, talented, especially in the Velvet Underground days.

Honestly, does anyone here really like that sound? By contrast, here is a Phil Phillips song "Sea of Love" that is more in line with Western popular music.

A while ago I read about the evolution of rock and metal music in some cryptic website. The article was very detailed, showing how the genres developed from country music, not from nigger tunes. Can't remember where, though.

"Some [blacks] have been liberally educated, and all have lived in countries where the arts and sciences are cultivated to a considerable degree, and have had before their eyes samples of the best works from abroad."
The Indians, with no advantages of this kind, will often carve figures on their pipes not destitute of design and merit. They will crayon out an animal, a plant, or a country, so as to prove the existence of a germ in their minds which only wants cultivation. They astonish you with strokes of the most sublime oratory; such as prove their reason and sentiment strong, their imagination glowing and elevated."
But never yet could I find that a black had uttered a thought above the level of plain narration; never see even an elementary trait of painting or sculpture. In music they are more generally gifted than the whites with accurate ears for tune and time…. Whether they will be equal to the composition of a more extensive run of melody, or of complicated harmony, is yet to be proved. Misery is often the parent of the most affecting touches in poetry. —Among the blacks is misery enough, God knows, but no poetry."

Best band ever. It's like they were from Middle Earth or something. No one else ever entered the same territory.

good posts, especially the UNZ link was interesting, will try to torrent the comps

bad touch

Autism.

Bobby F and the boys expressed the divine fam.

Arguing that blacks created modern music is like arguing that medival alchemists got us to the Moon.

If we are talking about the genesis of Western commercial/popular music, then it is basically from the blues (or maybe later in Jazz depending on your interpretation). The blues however wasn't made in a vacuum by blacks. It stems from combining various harmonic elements they learned from white people, with the rhythm and phrasing of their own african rooted folk music. Field Holler music is the earliest example of american blacks displaying their african roots. Then when the slave owners gave them sunday off for Christian prayer, the slaves adapted what they hear from white Masses and Psalms into Spirituals. This is where they started to understand harmony more. And finally hearing white folk music, they started to learn their basic harmonic forms (I IV V progressions and what we now call the 12 bar blues form) and jammed on that with their own style interjected in.

Blues came from white, a lot of it Irish, folk. Ragtime came from adaptations of western Marches, or any upbeat western classical song style, played on piano. Jazz music came from early New Orleans blacks, creoles, and even whites in the mix, adapting classical band marches into groovier street jams.

So blacks learned harmony and harmonic forms from whites. However what blacks brought was their aspect of rhythm, coming from their african tradition folk music. The most obvious aspect of this is in their use of the drumset. The drumset originally was used for minstrel shows to allow one percussionist to easy hit all the various drums and sound effects needed to articulate the comedic effect of the shows. But in this form, he is similar to the classical percussionist of an orchestra, which his parts to articulate musical moments. In the orchestra, the closest you get to a 'beat driven' tune is usually again a March, which is mainly accenting the half note pulse anyways.

But when blacks started to appropriate this drumset into early new orleans jazz, they could have a one man behind the kit to hold down their new interpretation of marching band music, and eventually solidified the drumset as the main rhythm pillar for all their jazz jams. Having music centered around a person laying down a groove, and then jamming, variating, and improvising over that, was one of if not the most pivotal moments in music of that time and up to modern times. And as black drumset players began to adapt that african style rhythmic and was swinging the rhythmic feel, they solidified all these influences into a new sound and style. This style birthed proper jazz and swing music, and in turn RnB, RocknRoll, Funk, and so on.

Basically everything you hear coming from the early 20th century up to present day that is beat or groove based, is very much so black influenced; whether directly or indirectly by a few degrees of separation. And all this music can be traced back to early jazz, and then back to early blues, as that is the first example of blacks adapting their rhythmic feel (be it in their riffing on the guitar or hambone type 'percussion') into harmonic forms they learned from whites (which we now call the 12 bar blues).

Basically if you are really trying to be a purist, you need to ditch almost all the music of the last century and listen to exclusively european folk music and european western classical music.

It's not that hard if you're not an idiot who can't undertake basic research. "Dubstep" doesn't even have anything to do with modern commercial american dubstep, there's a plethora of well composed, if utilitarian, tracks represented by the biggest labels of the actual genre:
youtube.com/watch?v=amhatB_ftoQ

the point of taking a course in a subject is to get at least a basic education in it, too bad you're a blue pill retard in a state school. Bach would never be capable of writing anything approximating a Cage imitation without close study of his idiosyncratic theory and work.
youtube.com/watch?v=o7Gzy1hGDg0

And no, being too uninformed or plainly unintelligent to understand a work doesn't mean the work itself is as shallow as you are. Part of stemming degeneration is keeping the garbage class in their place. Who let you onto a computer?

rock stems from RocknRoll, which can arguable be influenced by numerous styles including, blues, european folk, country, and stride piano/boogie woogie. The truth is that it was neither JUST white music nor JUST black music but a fluid intermingling of musical ideas.

Metal is interesting in that its sound (past a surface level view of it just being "heavy". "loud", and "aggressive") can be separated from the rock sound by its de-emphasis of the blues sound that is apparent in rock. Its slowly moves away from the typical blues sound and in turn takes on european folk, western classical, and other non african based musical ideas. It doesn't quite shed all african influences entirely but those elements are far less pronounced and aesthetically its far, far more european.

Bunch of liberal "anti-racist" cucks (see their song Vote With a Bullet), and Pepper Kennan should hang himself for turning the band from a punkish-thrash metal hybrid into a generic post-grunge garbage band with only minor southern rock influences.

BAMP!

Kill yourself puritan scum. Youll hang too.

One for the money.

Two for the Shoah.

Three to get ready.

And four let's go.

Rockin' Racist. Rockin' Racist.

I've never saw a Nigger and they ain't no friend of mine.

So, what are some Holla Forums-approved, or just generally good rock songs?

Bonus points for antisemitic lyrics like Shylock and that one Zappa song

What do you mean by this?

Heavy Metal as a term references Born to Be Wild, and Iommi had a rubber tip.

Having met very many musicians, I'm not sure I've met any who didn't smoke pot at least occasionally. Does anyone here actually go out and play or are you all rping neets?

Finding the focus to write/record, but I've got someone willing to be my engineer now so maybe that'll pick up.

This, as far as I've ever experienced, actual musicians tend to be their own group. The only inklings of racial tension seem to be from the low-brow side of things (thrash-punk, 'you'll cowerds dont even smoke crack' level stuff). Commonality is the key, and music is transcendent.

Embeding is done under post options and limits

Hahah.. The only "African" influence in rock music came from being obscene: "rock and roll" was nigspeak for screwing.

You're correct about the origin except about the chuck berry. The blues were just a form of southern ballad/jig. The real root of this music is Irish and Scottish music, tracing back to ancient celtic and nordic bardic traditions. Even the thousand year nordic poetry style is essentially a 4 bar rhythm sequence. I ain't even joking.

Good to see some anons around into good obscure 70's rock.

Heres another in return