STORYTIME - Maus by Art Spiegelman

Hello Holla Forums

I like to drop by here every few months and post comics

Today, let's read about jew rats, pardon the tautology.

Man, natural metaphors just don't work well for the lefties

being fair to the comic, it does point out later how the metaphor makes no sense

There we go, first volume done. Taking a piss break, then dumping the second one.

the metaphor's completely breaking down by this point

I read this as a child and was completely taken in by it.

Jews really need to be censored.

Place is a shithole. Like a suburb of Philly, nothing redeemable about it. Endless rowhomes everywhere from what I remember. Unremarkable.

There we go, full storytime. I might return some time and to keep with the nazi theme, storytime Tezuka's "Message to Adolf".

no one cares

I'm more interest in Message to Adolf.

Maus is just "boo hoo jew" shit, which I really can't stomach anymore after learning the real reasons Germany went berserk over them.

So there you have it. Hopefully Message to Adolf is better.

Dunno, I find Maus fun to read by itself. Mostly for the present stuff- I like how Vladek's an asshole and Artie's a neurotic New York lib trying to deal with an asshole jew father.

That said, I'm a Tezuka fan overall, so I personally enjoy Message to Adolf more.

What I remember most about Tezuka's stuff is the volume of Phoenix where the end of the world is depicted.

No really new culture is created. People just dress themselves up in costumes from the past and distract themselves with silly pleasures. it reminds me of today >_>

noice