Look at this fucking garbage. All we want is a simple, fast, no bullshit browser that respects privacy...

Look at this fucking garbage. All we want is a simple, fast, no bullshit browser that respects privacy, renders quickly and correctly and doesn't chew up 70% of available memory after being open for an hour. Instead, we get Opera POZ, the browser for the next generation of normie chucklefucks.

Nothiong about this shit is innovative, nothing about the interface is intuitive. Ad vid looks like that fucked up palm pixi vid, and it has that fucking dogshit hipster faggot kikestarter music, too,

I'm sure its design elements and philosophy will soon infect our favorite open sores browsers too, after all, they are so BUZZFEEDFACEBERGAMAZEBALLS!!!!

BAZINGA!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

netsurf-browser.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks nice :^)

He tried to warn us

And plugins. We already have decent browsers like that, they just don't have the kind of support that firefox forks have.

Uriel was a C-loving faggot.

Brave Browser

/thread

pozzed ad-ridden scum

try again

Maxthon MX5 greatest browser of all time.

Hmm

What's so great about it? It's Chinese so inherently suspicious.

It's built to add its own ads to your webpages, you mean.

Disgusting.

Maxthon is great because it lets you lie to yourself about the fact you're just using IE6 underneath.

It's literally a vivaldi clone

People joke about Emacs being an operating system instead of a text editor, but the same is much more true for web browsers. All I really want is a document viewer, because that's what HTML is: a document markup format. HTML pages are not apps. Yet this technology is being stretched more and more beyond what it was originally designed to be. Everything is so slow now, I can barely use any of the fancy modern web sites.

Respecting privacy isn't even something the browser has to do, it just has to NOT track your shit or send data where it's not supposed to. It's a negative, it would be easier to "respect your privacy" than not to.

Removing functionality is a shitty solution. You can use CSS and JS to do amazing things, only problem is that 99% of "web developers" are either pajeet-level retards or corporate money sucking robot people, so you get bloated, convoluted, slow, inconvenient, and un-ethical instead of amazing.

What I like to do is view web pages in Firefox's "no style" mode. If it's unreadable, I know which websites that I want to add to my blacklist.

This disgusting drag 'n' drop bucket approach to ui design has to stop. It makes it look simple but just massively over complicates simple tasks.

Well JS would be another example of being stretched well beyond it's original intended use. Most sites now are just text in html and the rest is JS. Something written in a day should not be the basis of modern technology.

I'm sure the original intended use of an invention called "the wheel" was not much more than a toy.

There's a lot you can do with JS that's incredibly convenient and useful, such as the ability to load more posts in Holla Forums without page reload, reply without having to refresh or scroll to the top of the page, and view images without needing to open them in a new tab.

A lot of that can be accomplished with some... creative use of iframes, css, forms and cgi scripting.

Exactly where it should have been. In the HTML spec for iframes. Once again they overengineer everything and instead we have a full JS stack, with canvas WebRTC, WebSockets, push, XMLRequest, Video, Audio crappety crappety crap design...

I would actually prefer Java, VLC-Plugin and Flash much better.. and then a simple HTML/CSS browser, but once again mainstream software chose another path than I would have.

I moved on from Opera years ago, as did many. I don't know why people keep holding on.

Duplicate thread, check the catalog before posting:

Browsers are dead.

Apps are the future.

then you're pretty daft, aren't you?

Trigger me timbers

Prove me wrong.

Exactly, it was meant for scripting the DOM. But when you transpile fucking C++ of all things into JavaScript so you can play a video game inside a document you are stretching it way beyond what it was meant for.

kill yourself, redditor.

please, God, no!

JS is good until it touches client side.
A webpage must never ask the client to do stuff that it should do.
Otherwise you get the nightmare security that we live in (both sever and client side).

This

Are you retarded ?
Besides one being a non-free solution and the other owned by oracle.
It would be the same bloated shit
Flash for obvious reasons.
Because it's just a fucking extension of javascript called action script witch is even shittier than JS.
And java because you need a fucking virtual machine, let java where it works best... on SPARC.
VLC-plugin.... why not.

Nah, you're the fucking retard. Don't install the shit if you don't like it. Whoa, you had a choice!

It dosent have an annoying chunk that takes away 1cm the top of your screen.
It also looks better with speed dial and I like the square tab style.

WOW, ITS FUCKING NOTHING!

I used to think that all browsers were shit, but then I found Vivaldi. It literally does everything that all the others browsers I've used didn't. For example, you can actually change keyboard shortcuts in it, unlike in firefox or its clones.

Get out Vivaldi devs.

B-but the blobbies, user! Don't you like the blobbies?

Is this bait? I can't tell. Everyone warned us things like AJAX and PHP were bad news when they first came around. It was understood by all that they were to be used until something better was to come a long but you were a faggot for using them at all because several viable alternatives were already out there or begin developed.

Now I get to read people that weren't even alive or out of diapers back then use the meme in your post (javascript is good, for anything) as gospel.

He was Go shill.

we already have that and it's called chrome. this is another one of those "totally innovative but not really ideals" that will soon be dead and forgotten. the drag & drop will probably make it to a few mobile browsers but really nothing much will come of this and opera will still be one of those weird chinese browsers.

Looks cool and the design is really nice and unobtrusive

WWW is dead, that's it. It's a consumer utility, not a space to share information like it was intended to be. Javascript is mostly to blame since most of the time it's not needed at all, but designers love to add eye-candy like sliding panels and deliver ads, making a page load like shit and waste computational resources.
Alternatives like gopher barely have any content at all, so we are stuck with this crap.

Those things can even be entirely done without a browser. The thread updater script queries the server for new posts in a thread, then updates the document using whatever method allows for infinite scroll on other websites, same can be accomplished by curling a thread's json and parsing it with jq, just incorporate that with nurses in the terminal to redraw when new posts are submitted.
Submitting posts can be done via curl or wget, again, can be thrown into an ncurses application, which I'm sure could support drawing a new "window" with a quick reply form.
I already browse with w3m on my netbook, which renders images in the terminal, but it can be configured to open media links with external applications like mpv/vlc/feh/imagemagick/gifsicle/etc. Before I learned of w3m I was just browsing with elinks (again, can define external applications for opening media links) and I used a bash script to quickly reply to threads, but it was a hassle to render the captchas, which w3m doesn't have a problem with.

The entire world would disagree with you.

No one will get it. They arent spending enough on advertising. It's dead

there's a great divide coming where the Internet will become shit like this for normalfags, and the rest of us will have to backup vital information, resources and chan archives from the WWW and figure out a new networking solution.

when 2023 comes around we'll be stringing LAN cables to create a shitty ARCNet-tier system to kick off a legacy version of the web.

they're going to take everything good and pozz it, aren't they? fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

midori is a decent alternative.

The very basic Dillo browser, with surprising functionality, is all we need.

You might also like netsurf then.

netsurf-browser.org

Opera 42 is pretty gud for me.
f u op for getting triggered by their side projects that probably won`t be mainstream any time soon.

Opera confirmed for POZ cancer.
Into the trash it goes.

There's a literal checkbox in the options to turn off ads altogether. You don't even need any addon for that, like you would in other browsers.

Neither does Pale Moon with proper addons.

More likely WiFi meshnets.

fuck neon by opera

simplicity is not primitivity
unix is the computing equivalent of mud houses

Was uriel the hero we needed, but not the hero we deserved?

the file drag 'n drop at the end seems kind neat
plz no bully ;_;

The source for Opera 12.15 presto engine was leaked user.

Maybe with a bit of luck opera will libre it and opera classic browser will be a thing, only now as free software and bugs fixed.

This looks like it was designed by women, for women.

Wait for Servo
Then we wait for someone tho take Firefox+Servo and strip out the bloat/spyware

Or we wait for that guy from the KDE project group that said he was making a browser to use Servo
If he isn't dead yet

Servo is vaporware.

One has already had an alpha release and has had parts integrated into firefox. The other doesn't even have a public repository. Learn what vaporware is, dipshit.

Who the fuck does Opera think is using their browser? Their market-share has always been low, but with Presto it was probably made up of 90% GNU+Linux users. Only normalfaggots use Mac and Windows, and normalfaggots use Chrome. Period. These people are fucking delusional.

Yeah, the code of conduct.

pro-tip
servo is going to be shit

Look at that fucking browser and tell me again they're trying to market it to GNU+Beard users and not hyper normies.

They're trying to undercut the browser market with something flashy and unexpectedly unique, and become popular with the casual crowd because there's only so many Stallmans out there.

That was my fucking point, faggot. This browser is shitting all over GNU+Linux users, meaning it's the end of Opera. They will never be able to undercut Chrome.

They're owned by chinks now, Vivaldi is where the actual Opera devs went. Unfortunately, it's just a pretty Chrome fork with feature bloat added and closed source.

I tried Vivaldi. It's the worst browser I have ever used, and that's saying a lot. It's a steaming pile of shit, that acts like an internet suite (seamonkey).

Please go back to reddit

Opera 12 died for this

You're the fucking outsider, faggot. I've been saying "normalfaggot" or "normalfag" since 2006. It's an imageboard standard, you Windows using shit.